FM11 Official Rangers FC Thread - Here we go 3 in a row!

safcrhys

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

I still haven't bought FM11 yet as I'm enjoying my FM10 Rangers save too much.

As I really only play as Rangers can you guys tell me if FM11 fully patched is good. Many bugs for long term play, eg. How are the newgens?

Also the league seems more competitive, as mentioned in previous posts about Dundee Utd and Hearts. So it's less realistic? No 20-30 point difference to the old firm.

Just wondering if someone can fill me in on whether its a good (many noticeable bugs) FM this year as I've been out the loop since release date.

Ryknow fully patched i am having no noticeable bugs and so far the newgens seem top notch, i have assembled a team capable of winning the CL with newgens being the backbone of that.

As for the league, in the first few seasons i was fighting with both Celtic and Dundee UTD for the title but in 2018 now and i have started to win at a canter, second place is still pretty closely fought out with Celtic/Dundee UTD/Aberdeen/Hibs all within 6 points of each other after 24 games.

If anyone is having trouble with goals for rangers i highly recommend Sergio Araujo, he has been unstoppable for me season after season in both the SPL and the CL, will attempt now to put up a SS of his history

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/sergioaraujohistory.jpg/

That's a very good record. Are you able to post up a screenshot of his stats?

Ryknow fully patched i am having no noticeable bugs and so far the newgens seem top notch, i have assembled a team capable of winning the CL with newgens being the backbone of that.

As for the league, in the first few seasons i was fighting with both Celtic and Dundee UTD for the title but in 2018 now and i have started to win at a canter, second place is still pretty closely fought out with Celtic/Dundee UTD/Aberdeen/Hibs all within 6 points of each other after 24 games.

Thanks for your help mate, I will pick it up after my exams in a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys I think I have cracked it with my Rangers team. I am in my second season of a network game one of my mates is Celtic and the other Hibs.

Celtic won the league first season on goal difference I was doing great at the beginning and lost it through the middle / end as a lot of us do.

In the second season now I am unbeaten in 16 games so far winning 15 drawing 1. I am above celtic with 8 points I beat them at ibrox and have them in two games time.

I have 3 formations set in my match prep ( 4-2-4, 4-3-2-1 and 4-1-2-2-1 ) but so far I am only using 4-2-4 or 4-3-2-1 when only one of my strikers is available.

this is how I have the team set out.

4-2-4: Standard, Short passing Zonal Marking

GK - whatever the default is

LB - FB - Auto

CB - Central Defender - Defend

RB - FB - Auto

RCM - Advanced Playmaker - Support

LCM - Deeplying Playmaker - Support

AMR - Inside Forward - Attack (currently played 11 scored 10)

AML - Inside Forward - Attack

RST - Deep Forward - Support (Jelavic currently played 20 scored 21)

LST - Advanced Forward - Attack (Goodwillie currently played 11 scored 15)

Corners - Near post

Best Header - Attack Near Post

2nd Best - Challenge Keeper

Best Attacker - Attack ball from deep

4-3-2-1: Standard, Short passing Zonal Marking

GK - whatever the default is

LB - FB - Auto

RB - FB - Auto

RCM - Advanced Playmaker - Attack

CM - Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend

LCM - Deeplying Playmaker - Support

AMR - Inside Forward - Attack

AML - Inside Forward - Attack

ST - Advanced Forward - Attack

So far I am looking unstoppable. But as usual when it comes to bad weather and stuff I will suffer a little so will most likely change and use the 4-3-2-1 formation more.

I start all my games on standard and assess how my team is playing I will then switch to attacking if I am all over the opposition but a lot of times just leaving my team on standard has seen me rape teams 4 and 5 nil very often. I have only conceeded 6 in the league so far. I have roughly +25 GD on celtic.

• 4 weeks later...

got a killer up front

jelavic on the right and italy shechter on the left ( isreal international ) bought him for 1 million , in march hes worth 2.4million hes played 24 games scored 26

naisy & lafferty are also doing gd for back up , more rotation than anything

Although this years FM is more entertaining, I have found using Rangers to be far too easy. I have won the treble 3 years in a row and last year (the 3rd season) I got to the semi final of the champs league knocking out Barca to then get floored by Man Utd who went on to win it again.

Last season 12/13 I won every game in the league...no draws. Anyone else have the same issues?, I find it hard to leave though as the AI always destroy what I have built.

Also, anyone find the transfer system is so much better than 10. Better players for loan and transfer listed. Also more players leaving on free.

Last season, I got Willian, L. Biglia, Y Zhirkov, Breno, E Abidal, I Aissati and some others on free. For two seasons I made sure no player went over £28,000...now at £36,000.

Best player: Lucas (Sao Paulo): Shaky start signing mid-season, adjusted his role and scored 31 goals in 31 app in the league.

Unexpected player: F Belluschi (Porto): Always gets transfer-listed, signed £800k now worth £4mil. Used as support winger in 4-3-3, 20 goals, 18 assists in 29 league games.

All in all, still enjoying it though. Aim is to make Rangers financially stable/rich, win champs league, get a stadium built after me, and have at least 80% homegrown players in team.

just started a new game can any one recomend me any good free agents

Cancel Diouf's deal and sign C. Eriksen on loan for two seasons, also look at loaning/future fee R. Miranda.

Buying M. Simao (around £400k, sold him 2 seasons later for £5.5mil)

Buying V. Enyeama (around £400k) need to get in early for this deal, normally get snapped up. Incredible goalkeeper. I think Mcgregs is really under-rated in the game and Alexander is better at the start I feel.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep Ryknow i also find it far too easy as rangers, but i have continued with them to get a stadium built for me, this happened last season and now im filling out 85.500 every home game bar the crappy early round cup matches.

I have won the CL 5 times and been beaten in 3 finals and since i have developed a few world class scottish players and taken over national team i stick with it, my full team is regens now bar 1 player, the legendary Sergio Araujo who is 33 now but has done so much for the club that i will give him a contract till he is 80 if he so wishes

Nice work Ronnie!

I find Champions League is far too easy although I still haven't won it yet (2015), but I have won the treble every year since the start. I want a challenge of bringing in homegrown Scottish players but there's a serious lack of them at the moment. Also, 2015 means they are still 20yrs old though and not fully developed yet.

I found I have far too many South American players. I loaded those leagues and I have more Brazilians than Scottish players, maybe even British players atm. Brazil brings 1-3 top players every year into the game and it's so easy to get them over other leagues. Got some very promising newgens though but just waiting for more Scots to come through.

Hows your finances? I was doing decent until start of this season by offering heaps of contracts to key players with one year left. I now have no player over £40,000pw, (Davis, Breno, Willian, Lucas) but to achieve this I upped the agent fees and sign on fees only to latter regret it. Hardly any money in the bank and Alastair Johnson wants to sell, with John Grieg failing in a bid...so hoping for a tycoon haha.

Whats your wage bill at?

Got mine up to £700k pw this season and realised what a bad idea that was, so brought it down to £405k pw in January by offloading rotation players and promoting youth. Still got an impressive squad though.

Wage wise i have a wage bill limit of 1.7million but i am using only 700k of that, this is in 2025, i keep wages low by selling players if they get too high in contract demands.

Right now i have a cap set at 60k p/w with only 2 players on that amount so far, Araujo is on 77k per week and is the only exception to my rule, I figure in 2 seasons tops he will swap over to staffing role anyway.

Because of my refusal to give players mental wages i have made a fortune from selling world class regens, i dont spend more than 5mil to bring em in and by time they want the big bucks its normal to make over 25mil on them, board gives me 150mil now as my budget for transfers but i never use lol.

In last 15 seasons i dont think the club has ever had a end of season summary where it says i have made a loss, simply down to big teams unsettling my players then me selling them instead of giving them 120k wages, so financially im doing great, the prize money helps bucketloads too since SPL still gives terrible tv money (its gone up to 9th best in stature)

A word on regens, they seem totally random, i have had 3 players from guinea bassau (spelling?) who could be classed as world class, with 1 now playing at barcelona after he demanded mega wages, scottish still havent been hugely great, now in 2025 i have 1 striker who is truely awesome (4.5 star rating from top scout) and 3 more who are just below that level, its enough to have a good backbone of a team but i cant see myself winning world cup for example.

Thanks for the info. Found it hard with finances this season as mentioned in my previous post. Kinda wish I never sold those rotation players in Jan because around March we got a Injury nearly every match and to key players. It felt like a bug, it was horrible. To make it worse Celtic over took me and won the league with 100points, whereas I had 97 slipping up against Aberdeen after going out to Real Madrid in the Quarter Finals of Champs league. I couldn't believe it, first time I have lost the SPL in FM08-11 for quite some time. Not sure how they got to 100points as every other season they achieved 80 as their max.

Having said that, it has produced more competition though as I was really starting to get bored of the SPL. So now starting season 2015/16, I get good news, a consortium takes over Rangers, improving the youth facilities and stabilizing the club by pumping £17.5mil into the coffers. Finances look more stable now as I have learnt my lesson that atm we can't handle £700k wage bill, and out-going transfers are starting to pick up bringing in more funds.

This season will be one of the biggest, Davis (club captain) is sold and some older key players will be moved on to free up the wage bill. Currently been given £22mil for transfer and £700k per week for wage bill but will just keep a closer eye on those agent fees this time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just Started A New Game With The Teddy Bears On Wallys Update

Got 9 Mil To Spend The Balance Is At 25 Million , Wage Budget Is 245 Thousand

If Only That Was The Case In Real Life :)

Trying To Snap Up Mcfadden On A Free Transfer :)

With 9 Mil To Spend It Helps But The Team Is Still Dier

Odly Craig Whyte Is On A Wage :S

Shagger - Manu ( Deportivo 600k )

Whittaker - Cole

Bartley - Broadfoot - Smith ( Dundee Utd 450k )

Goian - Linganzi ( Blackburn Loan 375k ) - - Weir

Bocanegra - Wallace - Papac

Riise ( Fulham Loan - 140k ) - Ortiz

Davis - Jordi Gomez ( Wigan 2.6M )

Edu - Mcculloch - Ness

Mcfadden ( Free ) - Wylde - Fleck

Jelavic - Lafferty - Healy

Naismith - Macheda ( ManUtd Loan - 825k ) - Healy

Only Sold Alexander To Aston Villa For 1.5M

Getting Alot Of Offers For Papac Although Nobody Has Given Me 2.5M :)

Just Put OM Out Of The Champions League :) Got Barcelona In The Quarter Finals :)

7 Points Ahead Of Spetic , Got Dunfermline In The Scottish Cup Semis

8 Games Left In The League :)

IIII AMM AA FREEEKINN GODDD :D

WEE ARE RANGERS, SUPER RANGERSS , NO ONE LIKES US , WEE DONT CAREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah hes a defensive midfielder.

i have 2 rangers players left from the original squad davis and wallace signed the rest lol

Just qualified for the knock outs of champs league but im 2nd 2 points behind celtic stopped my 35 game unbeaten run in the spl never tweeted usually tweets everything need to ruen the league around

Need Suggentions For The FM12: Official Rangers Thread Name

FM12: Official Rangers FC Thread - Bring On The Hearts The Hibs The Celtic

FM12: Official Rangers FC Thread - Walter Smith Is Gone, Can You Fill His Shoes

I Have 2 Ideas So Far, Suggestions Are Very Much Welcome :)

Archived