FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

I desperatly need a new laptop because mine cant handle the 3D fm11 match engine atall :(

these are the leagues that i run usually, English 3, Scottish 1, Spain 1, Italy 1, German 1, Holland 1, Portugal 1

Would this laptop be okay ? i want it to run the match engine smoothly without no problems

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-easynote-tr86-refurbished-laptop-03915063-pdt.html

It will run 3d well on medium graphics and will be able to run all those leagues smoothly. :thup:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi ishu

just upgraded my pc

# AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz

# Asus M4A785TD-V EVO 785G Socket AM3

# 4GBDDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3

How many leagues and players would you this run?

50 with 100k players

looking for a laptop, or a netbook, as this is just old and in need of getting put in the bin lol

looking to spend 350 pound but would be willing to go to 400 if it was more value for money, iv got a rough idea about the technical stuff but not sure lol

just looking to be playing football manager 2011 on it and browsing the internet on it and thats about all

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

Going to get a new laptop to replace my old, battered one (I blame FM for that!)

Looking at these two:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5082535.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5083204.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

Any advice would be appreciated.

Samsung one. HP one is too vague about the specs.

looking for a laptop, or a netbook, as this is just old and in need of getting put in the bin lol

looking to spend 350 pound but would be willing to go to 400 if it was more value for money, iv got a rough idea about the technical stuff but not sure lol

just looking to be playing football manager 2011 on it and browsing the internet on it and thats about all

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

The last two or three pages have some good FM centric Laptops for your budget. :thup:

Ishu, thanks for the reply on my question earlier, top job. But what is the real difference between 60k and 100k in player database, meaning, will a limited database detract from the game do you think, and can i update the ram on my acer to 4gb?

60k vs 100k is obviously less/more number of players available for transfers, international etc(Some leagues having grey players). More players require more beefy PC.

And which Acer??

Hi guys, used to post regularly on here but this is the first time I've been on for years. Nice to be back! I have to buy a set of new laptops for the youth club I run but I want to get ones that can run FM well as it is a favourite activity of a number of our lads... Money is an issue. I was hoping to spend around £300 but can expand upwards. £400 would be the absolute limit but really want to stay as cheap as possible. As I will be buying a number the difference in budget really adds up. I need laptops that will last too so build quality does matter to me. Basically I want a combination of FM goodness-build quality-value for money... FM wise it doesn't matter if it doesn't do 3D too well, I think generally it will be used for a fairly simple game of FM as we usually compete against each other. 10 leagues or so and as many players as possible!

I've come up with a list of laptops I'm considering. I've whittled it down to 11! I'll put them in price order, cheapest to most expensive...

Lenovo. It's cheap.

HP

Medion. Not sure about not going for a big brand

Good spec. Not sure about the fact it is refurbed. Will these be reliable?

Acer

Compaq

Toshiba. I've heard Toshiba laptops are really reliable which is a plus.

This one looks good but not sure about the processor. Is it big enough?

Toshiba number 2. More expensive but looks good.

Toshiba 2. Getting very expensive now. This and the next will have to be really good!

Toshiba 3.

So what do you think? The ones that are 300-330 can be upgraded for RAM. Other than that I want to avoid upgrades. What are people's thoughts on these? If possible it would be good to get people's opinions on the best cheap option (330 or less) and the best more expensive option, over 330. If you could also let me know how these will perform for the guys (number of leagues/players etc) it would be much appreciated. The advice others have received on here has been hugely helpful and thanks in advance for the help I'm sure you'll all give me. I know that these aren't going to be the best laptops but hopefully they'll do. Thanks!

Guys,

how many more leagues/players could I run if I got the 3.2GHz AMD 6 core over the 2.8GHz AMD 6 Core? (on a 890fx chipset board) Running win7 64 bit, 8gb ddr3 ram 1333 (should I get faster or is this ok) and 500gb hdd at 7200rpm?

I'm still deciding between the two cpu's but wanted to get a rough comparison to go off.

Thanks

Guys,

how many more leagues/players could I run if I got the 3.2GHz AMD 6 core over the 2.8GHz AMD 6 Core? (on a 890fx chipset board) Running win7 64 bit, 8gb ddr3 ram 1333 (should I get faster or is this ok) and 500gb hdd at 7200rpm?

I'm still deciding between the two cpu's but wanted to get a rough comparison to go off.

Thanks

The 2.8GHz can run all leagues. 3.2 GHz will be a bit faster, its black edition (Unlocked multiplier) means it can be easily and higly overclocked.

EDIT : Ram is ok @ 1333 but look for quality brand.

Thanks Ishu. With the $100 difference in price, would the 3.2 be that much faster to justify the extra? How quick would all leagues run? Ishu, what machine are you running for FM?

Not really. 3,2 will overclock very very easily without much strain to your mobo and RAM. 2.8 will take much more work to OC.

How quick is kinda impossible to tell.

My laptop

T2370 Dual core 1.73GHz

2GB RAM

Intel X3100

15"

Hey Ishu, any chance you could respond to my post up above? You seem to know your stuff but I don't know the first thing really and could do with some help! Cheers.

Forgot about it. Sorry.

On it. :thup:

I've come up with a list of laptops I'm considering. I've whittled it down to 11! I'll put them in price order, cheapest to most expensive...

Lenovo. It's cheap.

Its good. Can 3D on high.

Upgrade to 4GB ram and it'll run 20 to 30 leagues with 60,000 players

This one is exactly same as the cheapest lenovo except that it already has 4GB ram. Got a full keyboard so the keys may be tiny. My recommendation.

Check RAM prices and decide

Toshiba 3.

Best of all. Can easily run 30 to 40 leagues with 80,000 players.

Well basically just heard from my Dad that my laptops motherboard is buggered so i'm going to need to get a new one, problem is that i only have around £350- i know i'm not going to get a top of the range laptop for that price but was wondering weather you could look around the internet and just see if there was a decent laptop for around that price- would be greatly apprciated- wont be playing fm on the 5th then

Well basically just heard from my Dad that my laptops motherboard is buggered so i'm going to need to get a new one, problem is that i only have around £350- i know i'm not going to get a top of the range laptop for that price but was wondering weather you could look around the internet and just see if there was a decent laptop for around that price- would be greatly apprciated- wont be playing fm on the 5th then

Try to scroll up

Lenovo. It's cheap.

Its good. Can 3D on high.

Upgrade to 4GB ram and it'll run 20 to 30 leagues with 60,000 players

This one is exactly same as the cheapest lenovo except that it already has 4GB ram. Got a full keyboard so the keys may be tiny. My recommendation.

Check RAM prices and decide

Toshiba 3.

Best of all. Can easily run 30 to 40 leagues with 80,000 players.

Mmh i was wondering how many leagues my new laptop is gonna handle:

Sony Vaio EB series..

I5 430m processor - 2.26 ghz turbo boost up to 2.56 ghz is possible

4 gb ddr3 ram - 1033 mhz

ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5650 - 1 gb dedicated

500 gb hdd

Any one know how many leagues it will run ? And i know it will run 3d perfect ;)

Hi

Just after getting a new HP laptop, see specs below, any idea how many leagues/players I can run an is the Graphics card good enough for 3D.

Thanks

Processor AMD Phenom II X2 Processor N620

- 2.8 GHz

- 1.8 GHz HT

- 2 MB L2 Cache

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

RAM - 4GB installed DDR3 RAM

Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 Graphics

Screen type Widescreen LCD HP BrightView

Screen resolution - WXGA

- 1366 x 768 pixels

Screen size 15.6"

Screen features - LED backlighting

- Gloss Superbright

Hard drive 320GB SATA

Mmh i was wondering how many leagues my new laptop is gonna handle:

Sony Vaio EB series..

I5 430m processor - 2.26 ghz turbo boost up to 2.56 ghz is possible

4 gb ddr3 ram - 1033 mhz

ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5650 - 1 gb dedicated

500 gb hdd

Any one know how many leagues it will run ? And i know it will run 3d perfect ;)

25 to 35 leagues

Hi

Just after getting a new HP laptop, see specs below, any idea how many leagues/players I can run an is the Graphics card good enough for 3D.

Thanks

Processor AMD Phenom II X2 Processor N620

- 2.8 GHz

- 1.8 GHz HT

- 2 MB L2 Cache

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

RAM - 4GB installed DDR3 RAM

Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 Graphics

Screen type Widescreen LCD HP BrightView

Screen resolution - WXGA

- 1366 x 768 pixels

Screen size 15.6"

Screen features - LED backlighting

- Gloss Superbright

Hard drive 320GB SATA

25 to 35 leagues with 50 to 60k players.

3D on high

20 to 30 leagues with 50k players

its same requirments fm2010

my comp.

P3 600

512mb sdram

64mb geforce mmx / mx 400

i didnt play 2009 but i played 2010..

can i play 2011? is it work?

:eek:

1 league with small DB and no additional players loaded.

Hi,

Thinking of buying a new pc, mainly for business/work. Must play FM11 though.

Specs of PC I have in mind:

* AMD Phenom™ II X4 P940 (1.70GHz, 512kx4)

* Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

* 8.192 MB 1.333 MHz Dual Channel DDR3-memory [4 x 2.048]

* 1 TB SATA-HD (7.200 rpm)

* 1 GB DDR3 ATI Radeon™ HD 5450

How would this play FM'11 in terms of:

- Number of leagues/players?

- Handling 3D?

- Speed of game?

Chrs!!

Hi,

Thinking of buying a new pc, mainly for business/work. Must play FM11 though.

Specs of PC I have in mind:

* AMD Phenom™ II X4 P940 (1.70GHz, 512kx4)

* Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

* 8.192 MB 1.333 MHz Dual Channel DDR3-memory [4 x 2.048]

* 1 TB SATA-HD (7.200 rpm)

* 1 GB DDR3 ATI Radeon™ HD 5450

How would this play FM'11 in terms of:

- Number of leagues/players?

- Handling 3D?

- Speed of game?

Chrs!!

It will run 3D on high and lots of leagues but what i that CPU?? Never heard of it.

I thought so. But that (940) is a 3 GHz. Yours is 1.7GHz

Hmmm... true. Strange. I have to look into that. Guess it wont make that big of difference for my FM performance, does it? Nevertheless, thanks for the feedback Ishu! Much appreciated.

UPDATE: think i found what makes for the different clock rates: P940 (1.7Ghz) is a mobile version of the regular 940 (3Ghz). See: http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Phenom-II-X4-P940-Notebook-Processor.37492.0.html

Hi guys,

i have a laptop with these specs:

HP Pavillion DV7 2080ep

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T9550 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)

4096MB RAM

Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1016MB dedicated)

Windows 7-64bits

Is this good enough to play FM2011 in 3D high detail? Because when i try the FM2011 demo, i got my CPU running at 90/100%, and my computer getting a little too hot (75º).

Is this normal?

In FM2010 my laptop run the game just fine, with the CPU never working above the 35%.

Thks for all the help, because i must decide if i'm gonna spend 50€ in the new game, or just continue to play FM2010.

Hey,

I own an iMac with 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to 4gb so I can run more leagues. Do you think this is necessary or how many leagues do you think I can run now?

Thanks

Bucket

Hi,

I wondered if someone could help me. I've tried the demo out over the last couple of days (vanilla, quick start) and have already had problems with my laptop overheating in 2d mode - something I never had on FM2010.

First, I tried out the 3d engine and it overheated (which it did on FM2010 so fair enough), but once I restarted and tried 2d it's done it twice more.

I've checked my spec on www.systemrequirementslab.com and it says I pass everything... details below... should I be ok? If so, anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Phil

CPU Speed

Minimum: Windows XP: 1.4 GHz or faster, Windows Vista/7: 2.0 GHz or faster

You Have: 2.19 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.6135 GHz

PASS

RAM

Minimum: Windows XP: 512 MB RAM, Windows Vista/7: 1.0 GB RAM

You Have: 3.0 GB

PASS

OS

Minimum: Windows XP/Vista/W7

You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 32-bit

PASS

Video Card

Minimum: 128 MB Supported Chipsets - Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater. Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported

You Have: GeForce G 105M

PASS

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Required You Have

Video RAM 128 MB 1.7 GB

Pixel Shader version 2.0 4.0

PASS

VC Driver version

Minimum: DirectX® Version 9.0c (included)

You Have: 8.15.11.8652

PASS

Sound Card

Minimum: Yes

You Have: NVIDIA High Definition Audio

PASS

Free Disk Space

Minimum: 2 GB

You Have: 187.2 GB

PASS

Hi guys,i have a laptop with these specs:

HP Pavillion DV7 2080ep

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T9550 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)

4096MB RAM

Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1016MB dedicated)

Windows 7-64bits

Is this good enough to play FM2011 in 3D high detail? Because when i try the FM2011 demo, i got my CPU running at 90/100%, and my computer getting a little too hot (75º).

Yes.

Laptops run hot. You can buy a cooler or make one yourself.

Hey,

I own an iMac with 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to 4gb so I can run more leagues. Do you think this is necessary or how many leagues do you think I can run now?

Thanks

Bucket

Extra 2GB will make a difference but not too much.

20 25 leagues and 30 to 40k players

Hi,

I wondered if someone could help me. I've tried the demo out over the last couple of days (vanilla, quick start) and have already had problems with my laptop overheating in 2d mode - something I never had on FM2010.

First, I tried out the 3d engine and it overheated (which it did on FM2010 so fair enough), but once I restarted and tried 2d it's done it twice more.

Try to run speedfan and check the tempratures.

Or you can buy/make a laptop cooler.

Archived