FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

I am close to buying this laptop. Any feedback on whether it will run the game properly from those in the know would be appreciated;

HP Compaq NW8240 (Model PG817EA#AK8)

Processor: Intel Pentium M 760 (2.0 GHz)

Chipset: Intel 915PM (533 MHz FSB)

Graphics: ATI Mobility FireGL V5000 128 MB GDDR3

Screen: 15.4" WSXGA+ (1680x1050)

Memory: 1.5 GB DDR2-533 (512 MB original, 1 GB upgrade)

Hard Drive: 60 GB 7200 rpm (was advertised as 5400 rpm, but it appeared to be Hitachi Travelstar 7K60)

Dimensions (HxWxD): 1.1 (at front) x 14.0 x 10.2 in (28 (at front) x 355 x 259 mm)

Weight (with weightsaver): 5.8 lb (2.63 kg)

Weight (with DVD/CD-RW): 6.1 lb (2.77 kg)

Networking: Gigabit Ethernet, WLAN b/g

Failing that I am also interested in buying Dell precision m60 with the following specs;

Processor: Pentium-M Centrino 1.6ghz = 3.2ghz

Memory: 1024mb (1gb)

Hard drive: 60gb

Optical: Dvd/Cdrw drive

Screen: 15.4" WUXGA (1920 x 1200)

Graphics: Nvidia quadro FX GO700 128mb graphics

Internet Connection: Wifi Wireless, Modem, Lan

Are any of these any good? I would be grateful for any feedback before spending the money!

Cheers

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D'ont know if anyone can help, but will fm2011 work on a machine with this spec, the processer thing it confusing me as it says that for windows 7 you need 2.0ghz but the machine im looking at buying has a 1.8ghz processer but its triple core any help would be appacaited, spec as follows:-

Processor AMD Phenom™ II X3 Processor P820

- 1.8 GHz

- 1.8 GHz HT

- 1.5MB L2 Cache

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM 4GB

Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5145 Graphics

Hard drive 320GB

Optical disk drive DVD±RW/±R DL/RAM

D'ont know if anyone can help, but will fm2011 work on a machine with this spec, the processer thing it confusing me as it says that for windows 7 you need 2.0ghz but the machine im looking at buying has a 1.8ghz processer but its triple core any help would be appacaited, spec as follows:-

Your answer right there. It will run well.

Now, I know my PC will run FM11 fine but I'm just wondering how many leagues I'd most likely be able to run because I do tend to run a fair few but this is a new PC so I'm not sure how many. Any help, particularly from Ishu, would be very much appreciated.

Processor (CPU)

Intel® Core™i5-660 Dual Core (3.33GHz, 4MB Cache) + HD Graphics + Turbo Boost

Motherboard

ASUS® P7H55-M SI: MICRO ATX VALUE MAINBOARD,USB 2.0 & SATA 3.0Gb/s

Memory (RAM)

4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)

Graphics Card

1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5450 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11

Memory - 1st Hard Disk

1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

Operating System

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.

Now, I know my PC will run FM11 fine but I'm just wondering how many leagues I'd most likely be able to run because I do tend to run a fair few but this is a new PC so I'm not sure how many. Any help, particularly from Ishu, would be very much appreciated.

Processor (CPU)

Intel® Core™i5-660 Dual Core (3.33GHz, 4MB Cache) + HD Graphics + Turbo Boost

Motherboard

ASUS® P7H55-M SI: MICRO ATX VALUE MAINBOARD,USB 2.0 & SATA 3.0Gb/s

Memory (RAM)

4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)

Graphics Card

1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5450 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11

Memory - 1st Hard Disk

1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

Operating System

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.

30 leagues with 80k players.

Thanks Ishu, can you explain it in any way for me?

Nothing to explain really. The min 1.8GHz is for a single core CPU. You can run around 15 to 20 leagues.

Games 'can' be run on spec lower than min specs too.

How much was it before??

Go for the lenovo if you want.

it was £480 before now £500. Here are the specs to remind you http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-dv6-3050sa-06474346-pdt.html

I would go for the lenovo but the ram is only 2GB and even if i do upgrade the ram it will still cost me up to £500 anyway.

So do you reckon the HP is worth it? and if not please can you suggest me a laptop with a budget of £500 with a good CPU and G-card with DDR3 if you dont mind

Ishu when you have the time- no rush. Would you be able to go onto Currys website and look at laptops around 400max price range and see what would be the best one, no rush as i know this would be time consuming but would be helpful.

15 league Laptop from HP

RED

BLUE

it was £480 before now £500. Here are the specs to remind you http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-dv6-3050sa-06474346-pdt.html

I would go for the lenovo but the ram is only 2GB and even if i do upgrade the ram it will still cost me up to £500 anyway.

So do you reckon the HP is worth it? and if not please can you suggest me a laptop with a budget of £500 with a good CPU and G-card with DDR3 if you dont mind

Go with the lenovo, it's £435 , an extra 2GB RAM is £30.

Whats the budget??

As cheap as possible to run on 3d and English, Scottish,French,Spanish, Italian and German leagues. Number of players not an issue. Not really concerned about other games but would be nice if it could cope with some. Saw your link for the £420 option in an earlier post of yours - is there anything cheaper! Thanks for putting up with such a technophobe!

Cheers

This any good... how many leagues ect ect...

CPU: 1045 - NEW! AMD Athlon II X4 640 AM3

Operating System: 11014 - Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Motherboard: 4081 - Asus M4N68T-M

Memory: 5028 - 4GB DDR3 1333mhz (2x 2GB)

Hard Drives: 6004 - 500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s

Optical Drive: 7003 - 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Graphics card: 8027 - Onboard GeForce 7025

Sound card: 10001 - Onboard 7.1 Audio

I've got a graphics card and sound card in my old pc that's fairly new so not bothered about the quality of those. Got a qoute for £300 for the above.

How many leagues and players do you recommend I should be running on this for a smooth long term save:

Windows 7 64-bit

AMD Athlon x2 dual-core 2.1Ghz

4GB RAM

Thanks. p.s I play in don't play in 3D

10 to 15 leagues with 40k players

As cheap as possible to run on 3d and English, Scottish,French,Spanish, Italian and German leagues. Number of players not an issue. Not really concerned about other games but would be nice if it could cope with some. Saw your link for the £420 option in an earlier post of yours - is there anything cheaper! Thanks for putting up with such a technophobe!

Cheers

Get the lenovo from the last page. less than 330 bucks.

This any good... how many leagues ect ect...

CPU: 1045 - NEW! AMD Athlon II X4 640 AM3

Operating System: 11014 - Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Motherboard: 4081 - Asus M4N68T-M

Memory: 5028 - 4GB DDR3 1333mhz (2x 2GB)

Hard Drives: 6004 - 500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s

Optical Drive: 7003 - 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Graphics card: 8027 - Onboard GeForce 7025

Sound card: 10001 - Onboard 7.1 Audio

I've got a graphics card and sound card in my old pc that's fairly new so not bothered about the quality of those. Got a qoute for £300 for the above.

30- 35 leagues with 60k players.

I don't like ASUS mobos btw.

Ishu, thanks for your quick replies yesterday was just wondering if you could let me know which one of these machines you would pick, and what sort of performance I would get from them

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-dv6-3033sa-06590294-pdt.html

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/sony-vaio-vpcee2s1e-bq-06559695-pdt.html

many thanks

HP. 20 leagues

Has anyone tried running every single playable league for FM10 on full detail before (or anything similar), and getting reasonable speeds? What were the specifications?

Few people have.

A AMD X6 or a Core I7 9xx with 4+GB RAM and 64bit WIN should do it.

Hey I'm looking to upgrade my desktop PC with a motherboard, processor and RAM bundle, is this deal from Novatech for £284.99 worth the money?

Intel Core i5 760 - 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz - Intel H55 Motherboard

Absolutely.

Few people have.

A AMD X6 or a Core I7 9xx with 4+GB RAM and 64bit WIN should do it.

Ah, good, my new PC will have roughly the same specs then... (Thinking Intel i7 930 (950 if Chillblast can get it) overclocked to 4 GHz, 12 GB DDR3-1600 MHz RAM, 10,000 rpm hard drive). What sort of speeds are expected, though? As in how long it takes to simulate an entire season?

I'm not sure what graphics card I'm going to get though... Considering I only play in 2D, not sure there's much point in getting a top-of-the-line one (and I don't play many other games, certainly not graphically-detailed ones). On the other hand, I might want to experiment with using the GPU as a processor, so it might need a good one after all. Decisions, decisions...

Yeah it's going to be expensive but I want this one to last 3-4 years. My laptop is over 4 years old and it was mid-spec then... :(

Ah, good, my new PC will have roughly the same specs then... (Thinking Intel i7 930 (950 if Chillblast can get it) overclocked to 4 GHz, 12 GB DDR3-1600 MHz RAM, 10,000 rpm hard drive).

950 is much better than 930. And 12GB RAM is massive overkill. Go for 6GB as upgrading RAM is very cheap and easy. A 10,000RPM HD is overkill too. Get a 7200 or an SSD if you want fast response

What sort of speeds are expected, though? As in how long it takes to simulate an entire season?

Holiday - 15mins to 20 mins

I'm not sure what graphics card I'm going to get though... Considering I only play in 2D, not sure there's much point in getting a top-of-the-line one (and I don't play many other games, certainly not graphically-detailed ones). On the other hand, I might want to experiment with using the GPU as a processor, so it might need a good one after all. Decisions, decisions...

A HD5450 would do good. And wait for the 69xx if you want something better

Anybody tell me how many leagues/nation/database size I should be able to run smoothly for a long career (20 plus years)?

Intel Core 2 Duo e6750 @2.66ghz

64-bit Windows Vista

4GB Ram

NVidia GeForce 8500 GT

Can I also show my appreciation to Ishu, what a helpful chap.

Anybody tell me how many leagues/nation/database size I should be able to run smoothly for a long career (20 plus years)?

Intel Core 2 Duo e6750 @2.66ghz

64-bit Windows Vista

4GB Ram

NVidia GeForce 8500 GT

Can I also show my appreciation to Ishu, what a helpful chap.

15 to 20 with 40k.

950 is much better than 930. And 12GB RAM is massive overkill. Go for 6GB as upgrading RAM is very cheap and easy. A 10,000RPM HD is overkill too. Get a 7200 or an SSD if you want fast response

I'll be needing the 12 GB for other things. Considered an SSD but it's so expensive. :(

Also, with regards to PSUs, how accurate are these online calculators?

And thanks in advance.

Archived