FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It should run the 3D OK on high or medium at the very least. The processor is kind of crappy though, worse than my machine from Jan 07 so not many leagues. I wouldn't pay very much for anything with specs like that.

Thank you very much for the helpful advice. Yourself and Ishu have been brilliant.

After much reading on this excellent thread and some searching I have it down to two options.

One is a recommendation from a previous post by Ishu

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003N195U4/ref=asc_df_B003N195U41154552?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B003N195U4

the other is a dell studio 15 with the following specs;

Processor: T7250 Intel Core2 Duo 2.0GHz (2MB Cache, 800MHz FSB) Memory: 3GB (3072MB) DDR2 800MHz Hard Drive: 250GB Serial (SATA) 5400 RPM Display/Screen: 15.6" 1366x768 White LED Widescreen Display with TrueLife 720p HD Optical drive: DVD-ReWriter Drive Graphics Card: ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4570 Graphics with 512MB RAM

I have found them for a similar price and would be grateful for an opinion which to go for. Having read this thread I would have thought they would both cope with 3d and a reasonable amount of leagues/players. Strikes me that the Dell may be the better general gaming laptop.

However, what do I know?

Thoughts would be appreciated, particularly on 3-D capability

wonder if you could help me

how many leagues and player will this run ok

Processor AMD® Athlon™ II X2 P320 Processor

- 2.1 GHz

- 1.8 GHz HT

- 1MB L2 Cache

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM - 3GB installed DDR3 RAM

Graphics card ATI® Radeon™ HD4200

- up to 1408MB of shared video memory

many thanks for this...just a secondary question; is it by a long way the mac..or would it still be perfectly playable on the win7 acer?...for example how many leagues could it run?

thanks again :)

The CPU in the acer is not good.

If you are on STEAM you can play on both anyway.

Thank you very much for the helpful advice. Yourself and Ishu have been brilliant.

After much reading on this excellent thread and some searching I have it down to two options.

One is a recommendation from a previous post by Ishu

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003N195U4/ref=asc_df_B003N195U41154552?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B003N195U4

the other is a dell studio 15 with the following specs;

Processor: T7250 Intel Core2 Duo 2.0GHz (2MB Cache, 800MHz FSB) Memory: 3GB (3072MB) DDR2 800MHz Hard Drive: 250GB Serial (SATA) 5400 RPM Display/Screen: 15.6" 1366x768 White LED Widescreen Display with TrueLife 720p HD Optical drive: DVD-ReWriter Drive Graphics Card: ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4570 Graphics with 512MB RAM

I have found them for a similar price and would be grateful for an opinion which to go for. Having read this thread I would have thought they would both cope with 3d and a reasonable amount of leagues/players. Strikes me that the Dell may be the better general gaming laptop.

However, what do I know?

Thoughts would be appreciated, particularly on 3-D capability

Sony Vaio is better than dell in everything (love the sony keyboard) except the graphic card.

If you play only FM get the Sony. If you play other games, then that depends on the games.

wonder if you could help me

how many leagues and player will this run ok

Processor AMD® Athlon™ II X2 P320 Processor

- 2.1 GHz

- 1.8 GHz HT

- 1MB L2 Cache

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM - 3GB installed DDR3 RAM

Graphics card ATI® Radeon™ HD4200

- up to 1408MB of shared video memory

15 with 30k.

Thanks for the response. Reason i asked was cos i bought the game last nite and with a small database and just english league selected its given me just half a star for both performance and speed. Do i ignore dat or is it accurate?

I KNOW that stars don't work in FM10. Don't have FM11 but people (except SI guys) are saying that it doesn't work either.

Can someone tell me how many leagues/players can I run with these specs?

Intel ® Core 2 Duo P8400 (2.26 GHz)

284 GB Hard Drive - 142 Gb on ( C: ) and 142 GB on ( D: )

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

3 GB DDR2 RAM

Thanks. :)

15 leagues, 30,000 players.

By the way Kerlon, why didn't you use my specs thread over at Fanboys. :(

And how about my desktop?:

Intel Core2 Quad Q9650 @ 3GHz

4GB DDR2 RAM

64 bit OS

Windows Vista

NVIDIA GeForce GTX260

I initially set up with all leagues and a large DB. Computer performance showed 5 stars, but game speed was 1/2 star. I plan on running a long save game over many seasons, so have concerns how this would perform after 10-15 seasons.

Im not too bothered about having the fastest gaming experience, but on the other hand don't want to sit around for half an hour waiting for the game to save.

And how about my desktop?:

Intel Core2 Quad Q9650 @ 3GHz

4GB DDR2 RAM

64 bit OS

Windows Vista

NVIDIA GeForce GTX260

I initially set up with all leagues and a large DB. Computer performance showed 5 stars, but game speed was 1/2 star. I plan on running a long save game over many seasons, so have concerns how this would perform after 10-15 seasons.

Im not too bothered about having the fastest gaming experience, but on the other hand don't want to sit around for half an hour waiting for the game to save.

That should be decent if you are patient IMO. 45 leagues for middling performance.

Ishu - thanks for these links.

How many leagues and players could each laptop run on 3D high quality?

Do you mean leagues loaded in foreground or background also? Thank you.

1)15 - 20 leagues/ 25 if you're patient. 30k players.

2)Yep.

Hi,

I'm thinking avout buying a portable laptop in order to Play FM11 on the go.

I would like something smaller and lighter than 15.6 inch (between 13 - 14 inch would be great)

Currently I have Asus 1215n but find it to be a bit too slow for my needs.

I'm probably going to buy used / second hand. My budget is around £500.

Can you recommend anything?

Hi,

I'm thinking avout buying a portable laptop in order to Play FM11 on the go.

I would like something smaller and lighter than 15.6 inch (between 13 - 14 inch would be great)

Currently I have Asus 1215n but find it to be a bit too slow for my needs.

I'm probably going to buy used / second hand. My budget is around £500.

Can you recommend anything?

For second hand, ebay would be the best bet afaik. Otherwise look into the last few pages, some good VF laptops there.

Do we have to take reserve/youth leagues into account when it comes to the amount of leagues you can run? Or do they have a significant effect on the game speed?

Nah. They aren't processed on full detail.

Hey thinking about buying a new laptop current one has been infected with blue screens and crash dumps for years, whilst also being rubbish at more than 10 leagues.

This is what I'm thinking of...

Inspiron N5010

Processor:Intel i3-370M(2.4GHz) Mobile CPUGenuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 BIT)

4096MB (2x2048) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel

Optical Drive : 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including softwareDisplay 15.6in HD (1366X768) WLED with TrueLife

It's off of the Dell Refurbished stuff for £400. Is it worth it and how many leagues could it handle?

Thanks

Missed the delivery today but should have my new dell xps tmrw. Any idea of league / players? Thanks in advance...

Intel Core i7-740QM 1.73GHz / up to SC 2.93 GHz, 6M

8GB,DDR3,2 DIMM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 445M 3GB

1.0TB 500GB 7.2k HDD x 2

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

What will i be able to run on this laptop thanks

Intel i3 Core 2.13Ghz

250Gb Hard drive

3Gb Ram

Intel HD Graphics with shared graphics memory

Windows 7

20-25 leagues with 30-40k players. 3D @ med/high.

Just checking the ballpark, any idea how many leagues Phenom II X6 1055t(overclocked to around 3,5GHz if possible) /w 8GB can run? HDD will be OCZ Vertex 2 SSD.

Its below min requirements

but it might run all leagues.

PS Can be overclocked to 3.7-3.9GHz on Air without touching Voltage :eek:

Missed the delivery today but should have my new dell xps tmrw. Any idea of league / players? Thanks in advance...

Intel Core i7-740QM 1.73GHz / up to SC 2.93 GHz, 6M

8GB,DDR3,2 DIMM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 445M 3GB

1.0TB 500GB 7.2k HDD x 2

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

35-40 leagues/ 75k

Hi guys, after reading through a little I am hopeful this will be ok?

Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor E5700 (3.00GHz, 800FSB, 2MB cache)

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

2048MB Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz [2x1024] Memory

500GB (7200rpm) SATA Hard Drive

16X DVD+/- RW Optical Drive (DVD & CD read and write)

Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 Graphics

I am in the process of looking for a new desktop but on a fairly small budget of around £350. The graphics card issue was bugging me but should this be alright?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi guys, after reading through a little I am hopeful this will be ok?

Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor E5700 (3.00GHz, 800FSB, 2MB cache)

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

2048MB Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz [2x1024] Memory

500GB (7200rpm) SATA Hard Drive

16X DVD+/- RW Optical Drive (DVD & CD read and write)

Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 Graphics

I am in the process of looking for a new desktop but on a fairly small budget of around £350. The graphics card issue was bugging me but should this be alright?

Thanks in advance!!

Is this the new 350 pound PC??

20-25 leagues.

Can you advise if the following specs can properly run FM11?

MD ATHLON II X2 250 AM3 CPU

2GB DDR3 1333MHZ RAM

250GB SATA II 7200 HDD

ASROCK N68C-S x6 AM3 Motherboard

ATI RADEON HD 5570 1GB DX11

WINDOWS 7 PREMIUM 64

Thanks

Richard Elbourne

20 leagues.

Hi, Can you tell me roughly how many leagues and players I could run on this laptop please, thanks!

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz 800MHZ FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache

4gb DDR3 Ram

250GB HDD

15 leagues.

Good laptop, crippled by that slow CPU.

Im running a:

Q6600 @ stock 2.4

4gb ram

and the "suggested" settings it only selected about 6 leagues. I only upped it to about 12 i think (England, Spain, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Holland,Germany & France) ) so i'll see how i get on.

What i'm not quite sure about is why the amount of players in a league goes down if you set it to view only. Just because i don't want to manage there doesn't mean i don't want the players.

Im running a:

Q6600 @ stock 2.4

4gb ram

and the "suggested" settings it only selected about 6 leagues. I only upped it to about 12 i think (England, Spain, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Holland,Germany & France) ) so i'll see how i get on.

What i'm not quite sure about is why the amount of players in a league goes down if you set it to view only. Just because i don't want to manage there doesn't mean i don't want the players.

LOL 12. I would easily load 30 leagues on that.

Archived