FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very similar CPU and graphics.

Bell has 3GB RAM instead of lenovo's 2GB for £50 extra. 2GB RAM stick is only 30 bucks.

That CPU is a low power nonsense.

Anyone running the 980X processor? if so what sort of league setup?

:mad:

Obviously all leagues.

LOL @ Gomes :D

That CPU is a low power nonsense.

:mad:

Obviously all leagues.

LOL @ Gomes :D

not necessarily, due to all the cores only being used when processing full detail results (for some reason?) its doesn't run that quick with all leagues selected.

not necessarily, due to all the cores only being used when processing full detail results (for some reason?) its doesn't run that quick with all leagues selected.

The reason is that on no detail the results are calculated depending on reputation, rather than actual simulation.

playable matches are calculated on real player performances, its only view only leagues that use just team reputation.

its a shame FM10 and probably FM11 only uses some of the cores on normal detail, if it used all it would really speed up processing time.

playable matches are calculated on real player performances, its only view only leagues that use just team reputation.

its a shame FM10 and probably FM11 only uses some of the cores on normal detail, if it used all it would really speed up processing time.

It will still run 'em all anyway.

Intel Core i7-980X Processor Extreme Edition (12M Cache, 3.33 GHz, 6 Cores)

6gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5970

7FcYudZRcHyngJ0KTUbqfQcZisBTiyMIPcQBoqkOC5z6Sw9qMhdXzS6xUjtJONvoCw7g0zE9b5icqo75iazF-GmAs893Ntfv1bmjXpN1bb002-zPuJ6uyxPewHGZ

Will be able to run a lot of leagues smoothly that. Around 50. Also you should be able to load around 120,000 players.

Intel® Core™ i3-370M Processor

- 2.40 GHz

- 2.5 GT/s DMI

- 3 MB Smart Cache

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

4GB installed DDR3 RAM

Intel® HD Graphics

30 leagues, 80,000 players and 3d graphics will run smooth on low and medium.

was just thinking of running

England (top 2)

France (top 2)

Germany (top 2)

Italy (top 2)

Spain (top 2)

Holland (top)

Portugal (top)

Russia (top)

Ukraine (top)

Belgium (top)

Brazil (top 2)

Argentina (top 2)

Large databse, should be ok right?

Should be fine. :thup:

hoping for an early delivery? ive pre-ordered with play.com i wont expect it:D

Yep. I ordered with Zavvi. Last year I got it a couple days early from them.

IS 3GB RAM DDR2 (1066MHz) Better than 4GB RAM DDR2 (667MHz)

3gb of RAM (1066MHZ) is better. That 4gb is seriously slow! :(

why dont i just buy this laptop and then later on i upgrade to DDR3 and if possible the processor. Is that a good idea?

Both are impossible.

Only way to insert a DDR3 in that is to use a hammer.

And by the time you would want to upgrade, DDR2 will be insanely priced like DDR1 right now.

Ishu: Do u think the 3d one is worth it, cause i have seen some good reviews on it. Plus it is a decent all rounder and i can always upgrade ddr2 to ddr3.

So what do you think should i go for it? Is it good value for money

I think the 3D one is crap value compared to the Lenovo that Ishu linked. The Lenovo also has the advantage of very OK graphics for the price.

Links in the PM don't work

hello

processor...q6600@2.4ghz

ram....3072mb

windows xp

i play commentry only. what would be my limit league wise, without much waiting.

30 leagues. 50,000 players.

Yep. I ordered with Zavvi. Last year I got it a couple days early from them.

3gb of RAM (1066MHZ) is better. That 4gb is seriously slow! :(

Maybe next wednesday or thursday then. You were VERY lucky last year. ZAVVI are very ropey on delivery times, I and alot of others waitin upto 2 weeks last year!

Any ideas how many countries/leagues/players I could run with my new build PC? Thinking of doing the top 2 divisions for most countries (except England, Scotland, and maybe Italy and Spain where I'd likely go further down). All I know so far is that 3D works fine on it.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor

3.4GHz

4GB RAM

Windows 7 (64 bit)

ATI Radeon HD 5670

Cheers in advance guys.

Any ideas how many countries/leagues/players I could run with my new build PC? Thinking of doing the top 2 divisions for most countries (except England, Scotland, and maybe Italy and Spain where I'd likely go further down). All I know so far is that 3D works fine on it.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor

3.4GHz

4GB RAM

Windows 7 (64 bit)

ATI Radeon HD 5670

Cheers in advance guys.

Good 35 leagues, 80,000 players and graphics will run smooth on high.

How easy is it to put on RAM yourself?

It's easy to do in a PC, not so easy to do in a laptop. Have a look on youtube for a guide. :thup:

I'd go for the Lenovo IdeaPad Z560 Laptop, if you know a computer guy you will be able to change the RAM as I'd definitely upgrade to 4GB.

If you don't know anyone, go for the one with the AMD X2 processor with 4gb of RAM.

Hi, I've been running FM10 with around 15-20 leagues and it's processing fine after 20 or so seasons.

For a new career save in FM11 I'd like to add in a few more countries, as I'm suffering from lack of good regens outside the 4 countries I've got loaded. I like to play lower leagues so I'd rather not drop the lower tiers I've got loaded in order to get more countries in. Is it likely I'd be able to run more than 20 leagues with this set-up?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4200+ 2.20GHz

2GB DDR2 533 Mhz memory

Windows 7 32-bit

Sapphire Radeon HD 4550 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E 2.0x16 Graphics Card

Is it worth upgrading to 4GB RAM, or 64 bit OS? (bearing in mind costs, and that I can change RAM but have never installed a new OS before!)

Cheers.

Could anybody help me please, i am looking to buy a new laptop sometime soon to run the fm11 match engine smootly, what graphic cards should i avoid and which ones would u recommend ? i know the laptop has to have a good processer and ram aswell but i already know about them 2

Hi guys, since my wife has annexed the PC playing world of Warcraft I'm thinking of getting a new laptop so I can have some quality fm time  would the dell studio 15 be a good option, specs are:

Windows 7 64bit

Processor

Intel® Core™ i3-350M (2.26Ghz, 4 threads 3mbcache)

1GB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD5470 Graphics Card

Memory

4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]

500gb harddrive

Thanks for any advice

Jon

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-dv6-3050sa-06474346-pdt.html?bDisplayAccessories#tab-accessories

How good is this laptop? Is it good value for money? Is it future proof? Is it worth buying? How many leagues amd players would fm run on it?

Please help anyone

It is quite decent value for money. Processor performance should be slightly better than the Lenovo from ebuyer and graphics performance about the same. In all, given the price difference, I would probably go for the Lenovo as I just prefer Intel processors. However, they are both quite good value I think.

I think they would both run 25-30 leagues and 80k players, but others may disagree.

Debating on this Sony Vaio

I can get a good deal at my local store for one of these, a lot less than the price of this.

How will it perform, does anyone have this model?

Any help appreciated.

I don't have this model but it should run the game really well. If you can get this for a price in the 600-630 region you should be quite happy. If it's significantly more I have seen similar spec on some Dells and HPs for around these prices.

Hi guys, since my wife has annexed the PC playing world of Warcraft I'm thinking of getting a new laptop so I can have some quality fm time  would the dell studio 15 be a good option, specs are:

Windows 7 64bit

Processor

Intel® Core™ i3-350M (2.26Ghz, 4 threads 3mbcache)

1GB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD5470 Graphics Card

Memory

4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]

500gb harddrive

Thanks for any advice

Jon

This is the one at £549? I quite like the look of that deal, you might get the same specs a few quid cheaper but the studio line is really stylish and well built and Dell's customer service is really good nowadays.

The Acer has the best processor but it doesn't look like the graphics will be good. If you can spare an extra £35 it would really be worth shelling out for that Lenovo from ebuyer, it's a much better machine than any of those & will last you longer for just 35 quid more.

http://www.dabs.com/products/acer-aspire-5741-core-i3-330m-3gb-320gb-dvd-sm-15-6--windows-7-home-premium-64-760T.html is also worth keeping under consideration, only £19 more, graphics not as good as the Lenovo though.

This is the one at £549? I quite like the look of that deal, you might get the same specs a few quid cheaper but the studio line is really stylish and well built and Dell's customer service is really good nowadays.

Yup £549 (but I may get a sneaky employee discount from a friend who works in Ireland for dell )

How many leagues and what kind of graphics performance will this give me?

Cheers Jon

Archived