Derby County - 9.5 Million - Relagation Predicted - Rubbish Players - Pathetic Team Spirit :- Version 8.0.1

Jamo-spurs

In my first season with derby i signed ignashevich,zarate and modric finished 8th qualified for europe.In second season now signed Barnetta on a free, Seb Viera for a keeper,carini on loand from inter,breno,lulinha and briand.Seem to be suffering from second season syndrome.13th after 16 games

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i started a season with derby not so long ago and have played 5 games in the season with them. i have won 5 out of five including 2 wins against liverpool and newcastle. i have however boght around 15 cheapish players to help me. but it is working and i use a 4-4-2 defensive tactic.

MY TEAM IS:

GK: Stephen Bywater

RB: Stephen Taylor

LB: Quinton Fortune (free at start)

CB: Emmerson Boyce

CB: Andy Todd (only half decent cb they start with)

LM: Salbolcs(?) Huszi

RM: Gabriel Torje

CM: Giles Barnes

CM: Stephen Pearson

ST: Mauro Zarate

ST: Bogdan Stancu

(i found these 2 play really well together)

SUBS:

Al-Habsi

Piatti

Buanotte

Bozaglo

Danny Haynes (loan) but bangs them in

i will send you some screenies and my tac when i have. but try some of those players. i have scored around 3 goals each game and conceded 5ish.

January of second season the teams been playin rubbish probably because Barnes has been out for around 7 month another month out for him. And modric has been out for a month.Gio dos santos is available on a free trying to get him .Hopefully i'll get him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">January of second season the teams been playin rubbish probably because Barnes has been out for around 7 month another month out for him. And modric has been out for a month.Gio dos santos is available on a free trying to get him .Hopefully i'll get him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Gio DOs Santos is quality, im near janurary, Hopefully ill sign a few freebies like everyone else icon_smile.gif Stancu & Zarate are playing quality, Especially Zarate

i`m in march.....prepare for the next season go to league Champions......Billy Sharp...he is so good...and freddy eastwood.....and Torje(21 assists)....

Started a Derby Game

In

Stancu £200k

Zarate £3.5m

Hilario £1m

Evans Loan

Torje £500k

Vaz Te Loan

Dzsudzsak £200k

Doudin £20k

Jesuli free

Jeffrey Loan

Out

Leacock £1.4m

Price £200k

Fagan £750k

Hanson £250k

Beardsly £130k

Starting XI

GK Hilario

LB Mcevely

CB Davis

CB Evans

RB Mears

LM Vaz Te

CM Dzsudzsak

CM Jones

RM Barnes

ST Zarate

ST Stancu

Fixtures

Derby 2-4 Arsenal

Fulham 0-2 Derby

Derby 1-0 Everton

Wigan 0-0 Derby

Gillingham 0-2 Derby

Derby 3-1 Newcastle

Pompey 3-0 Derby

Jack give us an update!

Finished season 1 successfully.

Premiership

Avoided Relegation by 7 points and finished 16th

FA Cup

Failed knocked out in the 3rd round

League Cup

Semis knocked out by bolton

Top Scorer

Zarate

Assists

Zarate

Ave Rating

Hilario

2008/2009

Ins

Dacourt free

Ninis £2.5m

Matty Connolly £2.5m

Thicot £1m

D.Simpson Loan

Nordtveit £3m

Kargbo £3m

Leto Loan

Cygan Free

Carsley Free

Boumsong £1.4m

Kenwyne Jones £10m

Tainio £1.2m

Total £26

Outs

Bywater £1.4m

Howard £350k

McEvely £1.9m

Total £4m

As you can tell i wanted to improve my defence and it shows with 6 Defenders and 3 Defensive Mid.

I also decided a complete revamp with lots of Experience and lots of better quality back up.

1st XI

GK Hilario

LB Thicot

CB Boumsong

CB Connolly

RB Simpson

LM Jesuli

CM Kargbo

CM Dzsudzsak

RM Torje

ST Jones

ST Zarate

Ok this is just complete and utter ********. I've started a new game with Derby and have played 3 games so far. My last game was against Man Utd at home. I managed to beat them somehow 2-1. I was going crazy trying to hold them to just 1 goal and was very lucky to win if I'm honest. I had 3 shots on goal and all 3 on target. They had 23 shots on goal, 17 on target and 6 off target. Its kinda like what used to happen to me sometimes when I controlled Arsenal. But anyway, I did win and I was delighted. But afterwards in the fans confidence thing, I see that the bloody bar is only half full??? And it says fans pleased with teams clinical edge in front of goal. Thats just not on. You'd expect the bar to be full ffs! I beat the league champions! Rubbish I say!

Anyway, rant over. I'll post my squad, signings, outs etc once the transfer window shuts. Just a couple of matches to play I think. Will do so later!

Became too engrossed in my game so forgot to post the signings and everything!!

Anyway, I'm having a great time. Got a good squad and am flying in the league. I'm 5th in the league after 22 games. Won 11, Lost 6, Drawn 5! To top it off, am in the Semi Finals of the League Cup against Aston Villa. Have beaten them 1-0 in the first leg at Villa Park. So can progress to the finals where I'll play Pompey or Spurs! Still in the FA Cup. 4th round tie is against Plymouth. Board are very happy with me so far!! icon_smile.gif

Ok, my signings:

Tranfers In

01. Mauro Zarate - 3M

02. Gonzalo Pineda - 2M

03. Mirel Radoi - 1.7M

04. Pablo Piatti - 850K

05. Matt Hill - 425K

06. Bogdan Stancu - 400K

07. Matias Cahais - 300K

08. Francu Di Santo - 275K

09. Distel Zola - 240K

10. Marko Marin - 200K

11. Nacer Barazite - 22K

12. Manuel Almunia - Loan

13. Sergey Ignashevich - Free

14. Daniel Carvalho - 200K (came in Jan)

Transfers Out

1. Craig Fagan - 2.2M

2. Tyrone Mears - 1.3M

3. Robert Malcolm - 675K

4. Jon Macken - 500K

5. Mitchell Hanson - 250K

6. Jason Beardsley - 150K

7. Steve Howard - 2M

8. Matias Cahais - Loan

Also, have released on a free: Michael Johnson, Marc Edworthy, Mohammed Camara, Darren Moore, Eddie Lewis & Andy Todd. Lewis & Todd were both decent at the start but both got injured for a couple months. When they came back their stats had dropped considerably so I let them go. Also, needed to release them because I needed to free up some wages. Am thinking of getting some loans in. Lets see.

I'm playing my own tactic which has been very effective so far as you can see. I play a 4-2-3-1 when I'm playing away and also at home against big/tough teams. Else I play a basic 4-1-3-2 with a little tweaking.

My 4-2-3-1 (which is used most of the time since most teams are better than me) includes the following players as a starting 11:

GK - Almunia/Bywater (in CC & FA Cup games)

LB - Pindea/Hill

RB - Griffin/Ignashevich

CB - Ignashevich/Leacock

CB - McEveley/Davis

DM - Radoi

DM - Zola

CM - Jones/Carvalho

LM - Pearson/Piatti/Carvalho

RM - Barnes/Marin/Oakley

ST - Zarate/Miller/Stancu

It was a blow to lose Andy Todd tbh because I used to play him at instead instead of Radoi who was excellent at CB. But now am thinking of possibly getting Flamini on loan from Arsenal. The good news is that after a lot of apple-polishing I've managed to get on both Wenger's and Ferguson's favoured personnel list!! icon_smile.gif Thats a huge advantage when I was some help from them. If I dont get Flamini I'll look at getting some other DM in. Possibly Ropotan. Lets see. Thats all I need atm tbh. The rest is fine. Stancu was a big disappointment at the start. Didnt score for about 16 matches. But from about match 12, he started playing decent and then exploded in one match and got a hat-trick. Hasnt played much since as Zarate is my number 1 choice and I've playing some tough matches. He's behind Miller too tbh when I play against a tough team. Miller's experience counts in those cases.

Anyway, so far I've done well against the big 4. I was unfortunate my fixture list was such that I had to play Man Utd (H) & Liverpool (A) back-to-back and then Arsenal (H) & Chelsea (A) after a few weeks again back-to-back. Obivously, as you know, this comes back around full-circle when you've played every team once. So have to do the same. Till now I beat Man Utd 2-1 at home, drew Liverpool 4-4 away, drew Arsenal 1-1 at home and lost to Chelsea 3-2 away. Just got done with the first of the return fixtures and drew Man Utd 0-0 away. That was ridiculous though. They had 38 shots on goal, 19 on target & 19 off target. Me? I had exactly ZERO shots on goal!!! LOL! I was getting hammered in that match but dont know how I didnt lose. Almunia was great for me! Saved my ass so many times now. Oh, and I've beaten Liverpol 2-1 away in the League Cup quarterfinal as well!! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, still only 12th Jan so have a little time for the transfer window to shut. Will try to make a couple more signings. Gonna get Enyeama as he'll cost only 300K. A DM is a priority either on loan or to buy. I have 2.26M quid left to spend and Earnshaw is leaving too for 3.5M (he's already got two contract offers). Doubt I'll get all the money but hopefully I'll have about 5M to spend. Lets see. Eduardo Ratinho's contract is expiring soon and hopefully I'll be able to get him. Dont know about the wp though.

Oh and some of you will probably be wondering how I got Daniel Carvalho's wp application approved. I have NO clue! But I offered him all the money I could and a key player status and they let him come. So happy days!!!

Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Ive followed jacks advice and pretty out with the old and in with the new, brought in most of the players on that post and fitted them into my tactics that had previously been very successfull for me at Ajax and with Spurs. I 've had very different results with Derby, it's one hell of a challenge i'm 19th in November and my job is very insecure! It's infuriating as i'm watching the game and we are playing the attractive football that was getting me success elsewhere but i'm missing chances and conceding goals, after dominating matches i end up conceding then just falling apart. My last result however was a 3-2 victory over Liverpool at home so i'm hoping for a revival.

Heres my team

Gk. Hilario

Rb. Hoyte

Lb. Matt Hill

Cb. Ivansevech

Cb. Evans

Dm. Zola/Hunt (not sure of who to use as Zola has been poor so far

Lw. Dzsudzsak

Rw. Barnes/Torje (Barnes has played very well for me in AMC though

Amc. Piatti/Buonontte/Barnes (Pearson seems to be better than Piatti and Buononotte)

Fc. Stancu

Fc. Zarate

I also have Doudin.

My tactics are basically a slow tempo passing style with the anchor man set to direct passes (usually Banega who is awesome in this role) My wingers are key too.

fingers crossed for me saving my job!

Any suggestions hints or tips will be gratefully recieved.

Thank you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamo-spurs:

My first match was a good one , but I had a problem with possesion and chances , Can somebody give a suggestion about getting more possesion ???????? This is a screenie of my Grimsby match.

Grimsby vs Derby County </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just out of interest, what other team are you?

Get Mauro Zarate from Al-Sadd 2.8 mil gets you a living legend! Also Aaritalo, if he also hasnt been snapped up. I would definately get these 2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can never seem to find Aaritalo in my games

I bought Hilario for £1m and have to say so far he is fantastic. I'm confused by my fans though.

I'm 3 games in and so far:

Derby 0 Spurs 0

Everton 3 Derby 2

Derby 2 Chelsea 0

This last result, one goal was a penalty but the other was a screamer free kick. On the confidence screen under matches the fans are 'only' pleased and the yellow bar is only just above the halfway mark. I would have thought it would be all the way up and they would be ecstatic??????

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in my 3rd season as Derby Manager and after the rough first year I am sitting atop the Prem right now. When I finish my 3rd season (its Feb now) Ill post screenies and such.

If you can I would buey Dentihno from Corinthians and Guilherme if you can. Those two have been key to getting my boys top of the league.

Hey everybody

Im on version 8.0.2, and just finished my first season with Derby County. We finished 13th in the league (was 9th before the final game, lost 6-1 to Man City away icon_mad.gif), it was REALLY tight around midtable. But generally happy, never was in too much danger of relegation. Got to the 4th round FA Cup but met Man Utd (only lost 2-1 though!) and went out in the quarter final of the League Cup to Newcastle.

My first choice team was:

GK: Hilario

RB: Simpson (loan)

CB: Ignashicheivch

CB: Claude Davis

LB: Danny Collins

RM: Barnes

CM: Savage

CM: Iwanski

LM: Pearson

FW: Stancu

FW: Villa

Stancu got 20 goals in the league icon_biggrin.gif great signing, and Villa (who started the season on the transfer list to raise funds) went goal crazy in the second half of the season and finished with 16 goals overall.

Iwanski and Ignashisvich (sp? haha) get a big mention, some of my more expenisve summer signings but definetly played a big part in staying up. Iwanski was similar to Villa, not a great start to the season, but adapted and is now essential, and a big goal threat.

I sold Peacock (900k), Fagan (750k) and a few others i cant remember.

I'll be looking for a right back (may resign Simpson on loan, did really well), a left mid (Pearson was average to be honest) and a central midfielder to replace Savage (got too many yellows for my liking and really lost his influence in games).

Can't wait until next season, any suggestions for potential purchases would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

i updated derby to the current squad. (incl. zadkovich for nxt season..AUSSIE!!) half way through season, im 9th in the prem. and made a few transfers.

Play a 4-5-1.

GK- Carroll (Price)

DEF- Mills, Leacock, Todd, Kisnorbo (Davis, Stubbs, McEveley, Mears, Moore)

MID- Barnes, Savage, Jones, Sterjovski, Robert (Zadkovich, Teale, Feihaber, Ghaly, Pearson)

STR- Villa (Earnshaw Miller,)

Team is doing well, some reason Hoyte, Flamini dont want to Loan to derby. Damn, i need a good defender, Kisnorbo is proving quality, but everyone else is letting me down. ideas?

This is a tough one since many of the players you start with are just not good enough for the Premiership. Two months in and my side is struggling in 15th place with just one win (3-2 at home to Reading) and a 1-6 hiding at Old Trafford the lowlight.

I promised the board I'd battle against relegation, was given 7 million pounds, and then got rid off a lot of the dross (Leacock, Fagan etc) but couldn't sell Earnshaw, even when I cut his value down to 1 million. I bought Hilario, Stancu, Coda, Glowacki, Piatti and Mihelic and then the money ran out. Savage and Villa are very disappointing while David Jones is a star.

Playing a 4-3-1-2, my best side is:

GK-Hilario

DR-Mills/Mears (both players very weak)

DC-Coda/Stubbs/Todd

DC-Moore/Glowacki

DL-McEvely/Fortune (in on a free)

ML-Mihelic/Piatti/Robert (although he whines and is generally not very good)

MC-Jones

MR-Ghaly/Barnes

AMC-Walter Centeno (in on a free)/Pearson

FC-Stancu/Miller

FC-Sterjovski/Villa

I'll report back later in the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I've just finished my first season as Derby on 8.0.2. Came 13th after being 9th-10th for much of the season, was very tight around the middle. Brought in Ignashevich for 4.2m, Cabanas for 3.8m, Matt Hill for 1.8m Hemdani for 2.3m. Sold Fagan, Feilhaber and a few others.

My first team was-

GK- Carroll

DR- Mears/Mills

DL- Hill/McEveley

DC- Ignashevich

DC- Davis/Leacock

MR- Barnes

ML- Robert/Pearson

MC- Savage/Hemdani

MC- Jones/Ghaly

ST- Cabanas

ST- Villa/Earnshaw

Away I played a 4-1-4-1 with Hemdani as DMC.

Cabanas got 13 goals, Villa about 8 and Earnshaw about 5. Jones, Savage and Ignashevich were all ace. Mears and Carroll were also suprisingly good.

Highlights of the season was beating Tottenham 4-0 and punishing Arsenal for fielding a second string side against us by beating them 2-0, both goals from Robert. Lowpoint was being knocked out of the League cup at the first attempt 1-0 by Burnley.

Advice definately needed about where I can improve for the second season. Got 21m to spend after promising a top half finish. Ill try to sell Miller, Sterjovski, Todd and a few others but I doubt I'll get much more. I figure I need a new a left winger, goalkeeper, striker, dm, and centre-back. Possibly a new right-back as well. Any thoughts?

• 2 months later...

I'm now into November of 2012 with Derby County but here some screenies from last season.

http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=finalepltablexc9.jpg

http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=footballeroftheyearxo2.jpg

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6475/playersplayeroftheyearacf3.jpg

Will Post a halfway report when I hit January including a squad page.

• 2 weeks later...

It's January 2012 and Derby County sit in 4th place in the EPL. The Mighty Rams are in the first knockout stage of the Champions League after finishing top of the group. The FA Cup has yet to commence but a 3rd Round tie at Old Trafford could present some problems. The League Cup is going well with a Semi-Final date with the Blue Bitters at Man City. The only problem for the Derby Manager is starlet Guilherme is out with fractured ankle until March thus forcing Derby to purchase another striker. Overall this has not been a great domestic season with me struggling, altho I told the board I would qualify for the UEFA Cup via the league and have been hovering between 4-6 spot all season.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9189/derbysquadlp5.jpg

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/5254/epltableee2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just started a new game with Derby with my own 4-4-2 balanced tactic, took 5 points from the first 4 games, lost to chelsea, then beat bolton and drew the next two so a decent start.

Players In

Larrson - £1m

Samaras - £4m

Oswaldo Sanchez - £1.9m

Paolo Ferriera - Loan

Warnock - £3.8m

Mihelic - £225k

Almeyda - Free

Kavanagh - £200k

Sold a few of the crappy squad players.

Starting line-up is

GK - Oswaldo Sanchez

RB - Ferreira

CB - Stubbs

CB - Moore

LB - Warnock

RM - Barnes

CM - Ghaly

CM - Savage

LM - Robert

CF - Larrson

CF - Samaras

Quite happy withthe first team squad bar a centre back which I really struggled to find anyone decent who would sign. Tried for Ignashevich but he went elsewhere, any cheap options I could get in? CB's have been doing ok but it's definitely my soft spot!

• 5 weeks later...

Finished 8th in first season.Big wins against all TOP 4 teams but lost vs bottom teams...Tactic 4-1-4(2-2)-1.Squad in first season:

Lobont

Jeremy Mathieu

Mears

Ignashevic

Samba

Ropotan

Centeno

Mihelic

Arshavin

Barnes(Robert)

Dentinho(Golden Boot winner !)

Now I made few transfers to make a better team.Qualify for Uefa Cup after winning Intertoto.Key signings Luiz Jimenez,Ryan Taylor,Gioda,Menez,Stancu.Goal - TOP 6!

P.S.: Most famous victory in second season so far: http://i.data.bg/08/09/28/1174326_orig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

get kasper haimailan, patrik lomski and m. aaritilo (not sure of spelling) from the finland u-21's. collectively u will spend no more than 200k and they will keep u up. i have them in my sheffield utd game and they have me established in the prem. try loan o. olazabel (GK from barcelona) he gets good.

gud luck pal!

if u wait for a bit u can get bojan for under 1m he is a quailty signing for derby

You'll have to wait a VERY long time before you can convince Bojan to join Derby mate!

Please don't use 'txt' talk though, some people find it hard to read.

Welcome to the forums, though:)

get kasper haimailan, patrik lomski and m. aaritilo (not sure of spelling) from the finland u-21's. collectively u will spend no more than 200k and they will keep u up. i have them in my sheffield utd game and they have me established in the prem. try loan o. olazabel (GK from barcelona) he gets good.

gud luck pal!

Again, welcome to the forum:)

But like said, Aaritalo isn't very good after the first patch, Haimailan(sp) isn't there unless you load Finland and there no point doing that for one decent player. Lomski is good though:)

Also try looking at:

Pablo Piatti

Abdou Razack Traore

Lubos Kalouda

Havard Nordtveit(loan)

Billy Sharp(loan)

Archived