FM Modifier 2.24 for 8.0.2. Get it here.

dave byrd

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joop:

Just a small question; what's better? FMM or Genie Scout? And do the player attributes a few weeks after you modified them ingame, go down again, in FMM as well as in GS? Thanks alot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has happened to me as well. Would be nice if anyone else is experiencing this and/or how to prevent this from happening

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Protocol:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Protocol:

Doesn't seem to work on Vista. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Works fine with Vista- you may need to run the program as administrator </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only have the one account - should my account be the administrator? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vista wants to make sure that no-one is installing prorams on your computer without you knowing about it- either right click on the FMM icon and choose to run as administratior in the drop down menu or go to Control Panel, User Accounts and turn off the User Account Control option.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raderick:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joop:

Just a small question; what's better? FMM or Genie Scout? And do the player attributes a few weeks after you modified them ingame, go down again, in FMM as well as in GS? Thanks alot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has happened to me as well. Would be nice if anyone else is experiencing this and/or how to prevent this from happening </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Raderick, indeed many people seem to have this problem. And many times it has been brought to the attention of people, but none seems to have and answer to the question. The most logical answer would seem at the moment that there is no solution, because maybe you can only have a certain amount of 'abbility-points' to distribute over the abbilities... But did you experience this problem with FMM or with GenieScout?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raderick:

This has happened to me as well. Would be nice if anyone else is experiencing this and/or how to prevent this from happening </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Raderick, indeed many people seem to have this problem. And many times it has been brought to the attention of people, but none seems to have and answer to the question. The most logical answer would seem at the moment that there is no solution, because maybe you can only have a certain amount of 'abbility-points' to distribute over the abbilities... But did you experience this problem with FMM or with GenieScout? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FM08 (and FM07 to a certain extent) regulates the increases in player attributes so you can't use FMM to make wholesale changes to a player's ability. To make changes (if you really feel you have to), it should be possible to apply a single point increase to each attribute you want to (including raising the CA), perhaps once a week until it reaches the level you want it to.

FM 8.0.2 is also adjusting the attributes to reflect changes in the current engine to make it more realistic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawshiels:

Hi Raderick, indeed many people seem to have this problem. And many times it has been brought to the attention of people, but none seems to have and answer to the question. The most logical answer would seem at the moment that there is no solution, because maybe you can only have a certain amount of 'abbility-points' to distribute over the abbilities... But did you experience this problem with FMM or with GenieScout? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FM08 (and FM07 to a certain extent) regulates the increases in player attributes so you can't use FMM to make wholesale changes to a player's ability. To make changes (if you really feel you have to), it should be possible to apply a single point increase to each attribute you want to (including raising the CA), perhaps once a week until it reaches the level you want it to.

FM 8.0.2 is also adjusting the attributes to reflect changes in the current engine to make it more realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info! It makes it much clearer why the attributes when adjusting them in FM08 with FMM drop back to the original after a few days/weeks. Darn it, the game is to smart icon_wink.gif.

ok anyone else having THIS problem...

been using fmm since it appeared and never had any trouble but when i install the new one... Well it says that it is installed but i cant actually find it installed ANYWHERE on my PC!!

I have tried creating a specific folder and then running the installation into there but, even when the installation program says it is complete there is NOTHING in the folder..

WTF ???

The attributes have to tally with the CA. If a player has CA 10 and you give him a bunch of 20s, the AI will reduce them. Thus, you need to up the CA too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

The attributes have to tally with the CA. If a player has CA 10 and you give him a bunch of 20s, the AI will reduce them. Thus, you need to up the CA too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O.K, that makes sense. But i made a player with PA and CA both set at 200. Now in the game he has a relatively good refelction of how I made him in the editor. Coming back at a previous answer, why is there a drop back ik attributes if I adjust it ingame with fmm after a few weeks? And next to that... If I would adjust only a few points, instead of setting everything up to 20 (or 100 in FMM) in one time, and do that a few times over a longer period of time to reach te 20's and 100's (and still the PA and CA are 200), would that help?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marco.SKA:

For Nonlondoner: i tried to edit kits and work fine but i have problems with nationality of players:it's impossible to change nationality of players from many counties like brazil,france ecc... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click on any player and on the info screen in FMM at the top left is nationality, from there you can change it to any nationality as you want. Also, in the relations panel, you can add a second/other nationality as well. And if the player is in a league where it is unplayable, and there is no relations in the relations panel, just get your manager to make a comment about that player through the press, press continue and BAM!, you have just formed a relation and thus can now chane the second nationality of that player in the relations panel of FMM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konnan511:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marco.SKA:

For Nonlondoner: i tried to edit kits and work fine but i have problems with nationality of players:it's impossible to change nationality of players from many counties like brazil,france ecc... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click on any player and on the info screen in FMM at the top left is nationality, from there you can change it to any nationality as you want. Also, in the relations panel, you can add a second/other nationality as well. And if the player is in a league where it is unplayable, and there is no relations in the relations panel, just get your manager to make a comment about that player through the press, press continue and BAM!, you have just formed a relation and thus can now chane the second nationality of that player in the relations panel of FMM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, but using FMM 2.24 if i load a player, for example daniel carvalho the program can't read his nationality, i'm the only one with this problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeJebi:

YYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here! Stewart Downing has one day left before returning from injury, but i have to play Wigan today (i'm Crystal Palace, sitting 18th).

Looks like Stewie's "medication" will do him wonders in the pre-match!

I am understanding correctly that this tool can not be used for any screening of players, but only to view and change individual player attributes after finding a player based on country or free text search.

And at this point there is no tool for searching out players based on ca and/or pa that works with 8.0.2. Right?

The reason I'm asking is that I like to know ca and pa in my scouting (slight cheat), but have no interest in changing them (mega-cheat).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skogmantore:

I am understanding correctly that this tool can not be used for any screening of players, but only to view and change individual player attributes after finding a player based on country or free text search.

And at this point there is no tool for searching out players based on ca and/or pa that works with 8.0.2. Right?

The reason I'm asking is that I like to know ca and pa in my scouting (slight cheat), but have no interest in changing them (mega-cheat).

FMM is only an editing tool and so you cant search with it- only MiniScout and Genie Scout are tools that you can use to search by attributes or CA/PA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spmkillie:

been using fmm since it appeared and never had any trouble but when i install the new one... Well it says that it is installed but i cant actually find it installed ANYWHERE on my PC!!

I have tried creating a specific folder and then running the installation into there but, even when the installation program says it is complete there is NOTHING in the folder..

WTF ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

am I seriously the only one having this problem? icon_confused.gificon_frown.gif

I am in the same boat as a few other people out there, where I have the WorldWide Soccer Manager 2008 Boxed Version. Does anyone know how I could in touch with Jpee or someone whom I could see about getting FMM updated to work with this version? I mean honestly I Just want to do a search on my saved games for the players PA. If someone has some code I would be happy to take a shot at getting it to work with my WWSM version.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spmkillie:

WTF ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

am I seriously the only one having this problem? icon_confused.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok i FINALLY got it to work myself... seems I wasn't being ********..

Gonna make a quick post on how I fixed it incase it happens to anyone else.

After 'installing' it to no where the first time. I then ran the install exe again and chose to modify (as it would not let me install again as my pc thought it already was installed), then i clicked on the following..

pic

only then would the damn thing install and actually give me the damn program on my pc.

.... strange

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ita_Juve_10:

Anybody know if they'll release an FMM that will work with WWSM08 boxed version??? Seriously this is the last time I buy this version, because nothing is released for it... icon_mad.gif and to be honest that seems a little unfair to me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't buy that version my good man. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konnan511:

Click on any player and on the info screen in FMM at the top left is nationality, from there you can change it to any nationality as you want. Also, in the relations panel, you can add a second/other nationality as well. And if the player is in a league where it is unplayable, and there is no relations in the relations panel, just get your manager to make a comment about that player through the press, press continue and BAM!, you have just formed a relation and thus can now chane the second nationality of that player in the relations panel of FMM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, but using FMM 2.24 if i load a player, for example daniel carvalho the program can't read his nationality, i'm the only one with this problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same for me - I've tried to alter nationalities but I can't click on that part - no drop-down menu appears and I can't type anything there icon_frown.gif

Joop - what age is your player?

I created a squad of 16 year olds with CA/PA 200 and most of the attributes came out at 16-17 initially. Curiously, I made one idiot to have all 1s for mental attributes, and all his physical and technical attributes were 20.

There must,therefore, be a maximum total for all the attributes figures that adds up to less than the all 20s that you crave.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Joop - what age is your player?

I created a squad of 16 year olds with CA/PA 200 and most of the attributes came out at 16-17 initially. Curiously, I made one idiot to have all 1s for mental attributes, and all his physical and technical attributes were 20.

There must,therefore, be a maximum total for all the attributes figures that adds up to less than the all 20s that you crave. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The age of my squad ranges from 17 years of age to 28 years of age, and all have the same problem that you mentioned (so age does not seem to make the difference). But indeed it is interesting to see when you have a mental 'idiot' icon_wink.gif, his attributes go out of the roof. But tell me, is he also that great a player, or do his skills not compare his attributes? Now, I'm using FMM to adjust some skills, and I've noticed that when you up everything to 20, they fall back after a few weeks, but when you adjust a little bit every week then the attributes stay the same! Maybe there's an hint for you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ita_Juve_10:

Anybody know if they'll release an FMM that will work with WWSM08 boxed version??? Seriously this is the last time I buy this version, because nothing is released for it... icon_mad.gif and to be honest that seems a little unfair to me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you completely. I digitally downloaded WWSM 07. Now I've had nothing but hassles with WWSM 08 boxed. I hate needing the CD every single time to start the game. At least with the download, I can play it even if my son swaps out the CD to play one of his own games and doesn't replace mine.

But indeed it is interesting to see when you have a mental 'idiot' icon_wink.gif, his attributes go out of the roof. But tell me, is he also that great a player, or do his skills not compare his attributes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The super-squad all got sold off to the big clubs. the 'idiot' was bought by ManU; he was a great player but hated his manager, was unsettled etc. In all cases the players' skills did compare to their attributes - they all rapidly made the England U19s and U21s with a good few making the full squad in their teens.

Btw I later inflicted a dread disease on them all which reduce dtheir CAs from 200 to 10 icon_eek.gif

Result - they're all still 'worth' umpteen millions but are languishing in their clubs' reserves or loaned out to diddy sides. Some attributes such as Agression remain around the 20 mark but most (phys and tech at least) are in low single figures.

Now here's the rub: A few are getting called up to the full England squad. This surely is proof that the criterion is solely reputation and ignores ability and form. That's prolly why too few younger players break into national squads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RealMeanDigsy:

Doesn't work with the updates 8.02 patch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FMM 2.24 works perfectly with the 8.0.2 patch.

But indeed it is interesting to see when you have a mental 'idiot' icon_wink.gif, his attributes go out of the roof. But tell me, is he also that great a player, or do his skills not compare his attributes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The super-squad all got sold off to the big clubs. the 'idiot' was bought by ManU; he was a great player but hated his manager, was unsettled etc. In all cases the players' skills did compare to their attributes - they all rapidly made the England U19s and U21s with a good few making the full squad in their teens.

Btw I later inflicted a dread disease on them all which reduce dtheir CAs from 200 to 10 icon_eek.gif

Result - they're all still 'worth' umpteen millions but are languishing in their clubs' reserves or loaned out to diddy sides. Some attributes such as Agression remain around the 20 mark but most (phys and tech at least) are in low single figures.

Now here's the rub: A few are getting called up to the full England squad. This surely is proof that the criterion is solely reputation and ignores ability and form. That's prolly why too few younger players break into national squads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wonderfull stuff, except when it's happening in your game i guess... icon_wink.gif. But did you up the mental components with FMM or something like that to see what happens to the skills?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joop: when you adjust a little bit every week then the attributes stay the same! Maybe there's an hint for you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How little are we talking about here? If I increase from 70 to 75 for a couple stats, and leave it for a week. Or does it have to be really miniscule 1 point raises?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gtavicer9:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joop: when you adjust a little bit every week then the attributes stay the same! Maybe there's an hint for you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How little are we talking about here? If I increase from 70 to 75 for a couple stats, and leave it for a week. Or does it have to be really miniscule 1 point raises? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I first tried it with three of my players. With one of them I 'upped' three attributes with 5 points and with the other two I 'upped' two attributes with two points. After 2 months the attributes of the two whome I raised with two points were still the same (jeeh for me!), but the other one (which was raised with more points), was falling down again to its original. So it seems when you keep it realistic (so add a few points every two weeks), then it seems to hold, otherwise, it'll just drop again.

I don't get this... I load the database, but every time I try to choose a team or a player, it give me the "Read data error.(ID:1073)" message.

Does anybody else have this problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FNT:

I don't get this... I load the database, but every time I try to choose a team or a player, it give me the "Read data error.(ID:1073)" message.

Does anybody else have this problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I do. Anyone know whats going on? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xilion:

FMM does not work with the new patch....it loads the database but you cannot edit any team or player hopefully this will be fixed... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The latest version of FMM 2.24 (if I'm correct), does work with me on patch 8.02. I don't have any problems with it...

Hi guys,

I currently have Vista as my operating software and thankfully the Modifier installed perfectly. However, when I load up my game in the Modifier (FM 08 is running in the background),it loads normally and says...

32233 datas read, search is enabled.

Then I enter the name of the person/club I want to edit and then at the bottom of the page the error

Read data error.(ID:1073) happens and I can't click any of the buttons, e.g. Nationality.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I can work around this?

Thanks.

Archived