Solid from the back 451 tactic

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
let me know how it goes for you mate

Well...

I bought Aguero to make a difference in Europe....

He did not make such a big impact because he was injured some time and it took him a while to settle into the tactic and my team...

BUT

I managed to win the CL !!!

Its so amazing :D

I will post some details later (against which teams I won and with the players I won it with). Mostly the original team by the way so I am pretty excited about this :)

Will post back soon with more details ;)

Will do thanks:thup:

How come the change to zonal marking?

tried it for a few games in the europa cup and ended up winning my grp using zonal and it looked as if my team kept its shape better than when using man marking could have been just me thinking it made a difference though.

managed to get through to the knock out stages was on the screen where you have to register players and my son walked into the room asking me about something and I hit auto select instead of clear and well lets just only 2 players from my 1st team got registered the rest were from my bloody reserves:mad: drew 3-3 with PSG at home and was beating them 2-0 away with 10 mins left and they score a freak goal then my 16 left back scores a bloody home goal in injury time ......

On top of that my star defender and DM now hate me as they didnt get picked :eek:

Just finished the season with the latest tactic , and if it wasnt for the damn stupid europa league draining my players fitness for domestic league games I think I could have pushed for the title although Man City are once again virtually unstoppable , i think they went 19 game winning streak and 31 games unbeaten or so:eek:

Final Standings

v7ck6g.png

Squad

23k9rok.png

Will post back soon with more details

Team that I won the final with against Inter (4-0)

clwin.jpg

So as you can see much of my original squad is still present.

Shakhtar, Zurich and OM was the CL group I was in, managed to get first (4 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss)

First knock-out round was against sporting, won 1-2 away, 4-0 win at home

QF against Lyon. 0-0 away, won 2-1 at home.

Semi final against Genoa, won 2-1 away, 0-0 at home.

Final you already know.

Players I bought during the 3 years:

inns1.jpg

inns2.jpg

inns3.jpg

Biggest transfers out were R. Keane for €12M, Jamie O'Hara, Mudingayi, Crouch and Woodgate for €6,5M each and Jenas for €7,5M.

My stadium is up to 55.000 seats now!

And in my third season I made again some small changes to the tactic again: changed defensive corner routine to keep only 1 man in front while defending instead of 3 also lowered closing down of midfielders with 1 notch to keep their fitness abit higher during match. And the most right midfielder I have set long shots to medium (all the others have long shots on rarely). The reason is that I play Vukcevic on that position and his long shots are 20. Only bought him mid third season though so he was not able to play in CL. Palacios made up for that though scoring 17 goals with 21 (30) played ! Aguero in the end scored 21 goals and 11 assists on 32 matches avg. 7.41. Not bad I would say but should be higher next season...

EDIT: Almost forgot... Also managed to win the premier division for the third time in a row! Almost impossible to do better in my 4th season...

Gratz on all your silverware Daffie:thup:

Hopefully I can get a decent striker in to replace Anicet and a top defender to partner J. Spence and really push Man City for the title this year got 58 million to spend !!

Well so much for pushing for the title this season my team is in ruins through injury and i spent 40 million on a regen striker and defender who both get injured for 7 months and now my under 18 star paulo has decided to systematically kill the rest of my team hes just gone and injured tinga in training( 8 months broken leg) and my star goalkeeper (6months)

Bloody fuming:mad:

Hey mate with the new tactic do you still think it is necessary to do the changes in games you are getting overrun in as you mention in the OP? Is the "push" tactic still what you would use in relation to the new one as well?

Also, would it be possible if I made the wingers cross more, and hug the touchline? I just feel at times the tactic is a little to narrow and doesn't create as many chances as id like - not only that, but it is also the way I like my wingers to play.. do you think those tweaks would still result in a similar or possibly better result?

Well so much for pushing for the title this season my team is in ruins through injury and i spent 40 million on a regen striker and defender who both get injured for 7 months and now my under 18 star paulo has decided to systematically kill the rest of my team hes just gone and injured tinga in training( 8 months broken leg) and my star goalkeeper (6months)

Bloody fuming:mad:

Sorry to hear that :(

But who knows, you are maybe still able to pull it off?

Keep us updated!

First of all, I am really enjoying yusing your tactic and currently doing quite well, but i have a little problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.

My defence is great very solid, but I am struggling to score goals especially with my striker, my cm is currently my top scorer!

Is there anything I can do to help get my strikers scoring, or is there specific stats that i should be using? (just incase I am using the wrong type of player).

First of all, I am really enjoying yusing your tactic and currently doing quite well, but i have a little problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.

My defence is great very solid, but I am struggling to score goals especially with my striker, my cm is currently my top scorer!

Is there anything I can do to help get my strikers scoring, or is there specific stats that i should be using? (just incase I am using the wrong type of player).

hey mate , how many goals has your striker scored iin how many games mate?

i use fast pacey strikers as they are set up to play as a poacher (think of michael owen in his prime) who play off the defenders shoulders

check post 209 you can see my 1st eleven there anicet is my striker cost me 2 million and hes banged in 20 league goals minimum each season

Hey mate with the new tactic do you still think it is necessary to do the changes in games you are getting overrun in as you mention in the OP? Is the "push" tactic still what you would use in relation to the new one as well?

Also, would it be possible if I made the wingers cross more, and hug the touchline? I just feel at times the tactic is a little to narrow and doesn't create as many chances as id like - not only that, but it is also the way I like my wingers to play.. do you think those tweaks would still result in a similar or possibly better result?

ofc you can change the inside forwards to wingers i have never really tried that as i like my AML/R to cut inside and terrorize the opponents defence , but feel free to try those changes you mentioned and post back and tell me the results :thup:

and about being over run then i still alter the d/line yes you can still use the push tactic if your in need of a goal in the last 15-20 minutes as:)

Using the original tactic on the first post on two saves. Doing brilliantly with Real and so-so with City, though I think the City problem is that I brought in 19 players and I dont have team cohesion yet. (the majority are under 18's though)

To make this tactic epic, add Mr Houghes corner tactics. I've done so and it really rounds out the tactic.

I've also found that the tactic only needs some basic tweaks depending on opposition. If im playing a really strong team, I always set the d-line and width down one notch. If im on the road and playing a top half side I adjust the d-line down one notch. Then you just have to adjust those down one notch at a time based on how things are going.

I have now finished 3 season with this tactic and tweaked it a bit over those years. I implemented Nikes Defence strategies into this team and a corner routine that doesn't use the exploit but still gives quite a nice number of goals from corners through my defenders.

I also used this tactic to create a secondary tactic as a 4-2-3-1 which helps a lot breaking up those teams who are playing very defensively against me. I think it also helps with the problem that teams start to counter your tactic after one or two seasons.

The success I had speaks for the quality of this tactic it's by far the best winger tactic I have had so far. Here is a short summarization of the stuff I've won with this tactic and the squad I have now.

achievments2012.th.jpg

As you can see I have won the PL three times in a row with outstanding defensive an offensive stats and also won the CL three times in a row every time against Real Madrid, talk about a trauma here. :D

I have now finished 3 season with this tactic and tweaked it a bit over those years. I implemented Nikes Defence strategies into this team and a corner routine that doesn't use the exploit but still gives quite a nice number of goals from corners through my defenders.

I also used this tactic to create a secondary tactic as a 4-2-3-1 which helps a lot breaking up those teams who are playing very defensively against me. I think it also helps with the problem that teams start to counter your tactic after one or two seasons.

The success I had speaks for the quality of this tactic it's by far the best winger tactic I have had so far. Here is a short summarization of the stuff I've won with this tactic and the squad I have now.

achievments2012.th.jpg

As you can see I have won the PL three times in a row with outstanding defensive an offensive stats and also won the CL three times in a row every time against Real Madrid, talk about a trauma here. :D

Hey, can you please post this tweaked version. It looks immense!!! Thanks mate

Hey, can you please post this tweaked version. It looks immense!!! Thanks mate

Sure here you go http://www.sendspace.com/file/5tdp8e

It's both tactics the 4-5-1 and the 4-2-3-1. The 4-2-3-1 is very good against 4-4-2 formations or teams that play very defensively against you while I use the 4-5-1 against the stronger teams and those who have a AM in their formation.

The advantage of using two tactics is that you can react better to the way your opposition plays and it makes you less predictable.

I suggest to play the 4-5-1 formation for at least half a season to allow your team to gel as soon as you play nice football with the 4-5-1, meaning your passes seam to connect well and you get goals from good team play as well as individual efforts, you can start using the 4-2-3-1 formation against weaker teams and those who play very defensive.

Tactic:

If you have problems with teams overrunning you or constantly creating too much chances adjust you width. Usually you have to play more narrow to be stop your opponents form exploiting space in between your centerhalves and wider if the winger break through too often.

If your passing ratio is too low I recommend playing slower.

If your the better team but can't create enough chances play wider and or faster.

Watch the game and decide what might help your game but essentially I only use width and tempo to control the game.

Another tip concerning the lone striker use the standart settings with "running with the ball" set to often, the "through balls" to rarely and without roaming from position against weaker teams.

Against stronger teams it's wise to let the striker roam from position to create space for your wingers and midfielders you also need to set the "through balls" to at least "sometimes" and less "running with ball" to be less predictive in offence.

Players:

As far as the defender set-up goes I recommend putting your faster defender on the left side because he is the one that covers while the right defender benefits from a higher aggression.

I also like to have 3-4 players in the squad that are individually very good and the rest with players that have a high work rate and team work rate.

I hope you can have as much fun with these tactics as I had but remember not every team works the same and my team has gelled over the last 3 years very well since I didn't had to buy too many players for the first team and mostly spend all my transfer budget on young promising players. At this point I have a good 5-6 years where I don't need to do any big spending and the team is very used to play together which is imo one of the biggest factors for your team to perform very good.

achievments2012.th.jpg

Sure here you go http://www.sendspace.com/file/5tdp8e

It's both tactics the 4-5-1 and the 4-2-3-1. The 4-2-3-1 is very good against 4-4-2 formations or teams that play very defensively against you while I use the 4-5-1 against the stronger teams and those who have a AM in their formation.

The advantage of using two tactics is that you can react better to the way your opposition plays and it makes you less predictable.

I suggest to play the 4-5-1 formation for at least half a season to allow your team to gel as soon as you play nice football with the 4-5-1, meaning your passes seam to connect well and you get goals from good team play as well as individual efforts, you can start using the 4-2-3-1 formation against weaker teams and those who play very defensive.

Tactic:

If you have problems with teams overrunning you or constantly creating too much chances adjust you width. Usually you have to play more narrow to be stop your opponents form exploiting space in between your centerhalves and wider if the winger break through too often.

If your passing ratio is too low I recommend playing slower.

If your the better team but can't create enough chances play wider and or faster.

Watch the game and decide what might help your game but essentially I only use width and tempo to control the game.

Another tip concerning the lone striker use the standart settings with "running with the ball" set to often, the "through balls" to rarely and without roaming from position against weaker teams.

Against stronger teams it's wise to let the striker roam from position to create space for your wingers and midfielders you also need to set the "through balls" to at least "sometimes" and less "running with ball" to be less predictive in offence.

Players:

As far as the defender set-up goes I recommend putting your faster defender on the left side because he is the one that covers while the right defender benefits from a higher aggression.

I also like to have 3-4 players in the squad that are individually very good and the rest with players that have a high work rate and team work rate.

I hope you can have as much fun with these tactics as I had but remember not every team works the same and my team has gelled over the last 3 years very well since I didn't had to buy too many players for the first team and mostly spend all my transfer budget on young promising players. At this point I have a good 5-6 years where I don't need to do any big spending and the team is very used to play together which is imo one of the biggest factors for your team to perform very good.

Excellant mate nice post thanks for uploading your tweaked version Ill have alook at it asap

just finished my 5th season in the Premier and Besides Arsenal and Man City dominating the league only teams that beat them are each other :mad: Arseanl have signed C.Ronaldo and he is tearing the league apart plus I think Arsenal only conceeded 15goals all season .....

But Im pleased to say my Swansea side are now CHAMPIONS of Europe!!!!

After the most intense game i have watched on FM2010 Arsenal where beating us 2-1 with 9 mins remaining (C.Ronaldo scoring twice:mad:) we equalises and took it into extra time scrores remained level and into penalties

We miss our first and arsenal score all theres but my keeper saves the day by saving thier last penalty we score our next and .....Arsenal miss thiers !!!!!! i fell off my chair never been so chuffed in my life lol !!

Excellant mate nice post thanks for uploading your tweaked version Ill have alook at it asap

just finished my 5th season in the Premier and Besides Arsenal and Man City dominating the league only teams that beat them are each other :mad: Arseanl have signed C.Ronaldo and he is tearing the league apart plus I think Arsenal only conceeded 15goals all season .....

But Im pleased to say my Swansea side are now CHAMPIONS of Europe!!!!

After the most intense game i have watched on FM2010 Arsenal where beating us 2-1 with 9 mins remaining (C.Ronaldo scoring twice:mad:) we equalises and took it into extra time scrores remained level and into penalties

We miss our first and arsenal score all theres but my keeper saves the day by saving thier last penalty we score our next and .....Arsenal miss thiers !!!!!! i fell off my chair never been so chuffed in my life lol !!

Hehe congrats on winning the CL.

Arsenal signed Ronaldo? Wow stuff like that never happens during my games the other teams in the league just seam to get weaker and weaker every season.

I'm going to start a new game with a weaker team in another league soon to have some task ahead of me of bringing them to the top.

The problem is most of the time I really don't like coaching other teams then my red devils but it just gets too easy with Manchster United too soon.

2ngwvoy.png

5jsfw1.png

granted its 4 years into the game but hes still the leagues best player by far

Arsenal and Man City are doing my nut in they seem to take it in turns to win the league Arsenal set a new points recored this season aswell think they had 91 points and lost 3 games and only conceeded something stupid like 20 goals

Also Man City have got some insanely good regens in midfield and defence so looks like they are going to dominate for a while yet

On the Upside I bough Vladimier Weiss off them for 2.5 million and hes won a few matches single handed for me:thup:

Wow for 35 mio. I would take him back any day also he must be 28 or so by the time he made that move but he seams to be a cracking player even when getting older.

The odd thing is almost no team ever spends around 60 mil. for new players so far. In my game Arsenal spend 30mil over three seasons now and also got around 30 mil. for the players they sold.

The only team that seams to be investing into their squad is Manchester City and myself even though I'm done buying players for the next 3-4 seasons now apart from maybe good regens.

The problem is most of the time I really don't like coaching other teams then my red devils but it just gets too easy with Manchster United too soon.

Try with Tottenham, not so easy as with Man Utd I can tell you ;)

Try to bring Tottenham to the top of Europe and England.

I managed to win the CL in 3rd season, and every time champion in England :)

When I finsih this season ill post some more feedback on how the tactic has evolved to and post the tactic up if anyone is still intrested

10 games gone and im top with 9 wins and 1 draw 17goals for and 6 against i think

When I finsih this season ill post some more feedback on how the tactic has evolved to and post the tactic up if anyone is still intrested

10 games gone and im top with 9 wins and 1 draw 17goals for and 6 against i think

any update andrjam?

Just finished the season in 4th place Man ity are still miles ahead of everyone else:mad:

Got through to the champions league final against bloody Man City 0-0 after extra time and i lose on penalties so no luck there.

Ill post a few screen shots up in a bit and a link to the tactic i will be using for next season hopefully

Just finished the season in 4th place Man ity are still miles ahead of everyone else:mad:

4th season? I am in 2020 and i took over Liverpool(without that 200 million debt). Man City is still miles ahed of everyone else. Their wage budget is 3.000.000 € while mine is 1.000.0000 €. But thanx to your tactic i am 1st still in January. Great tactic my friend!!!

4th season? I am in 2020 and i took over Liverpool(without that 200 million debt). Man City is still miles ahed of everyone else. Their wage budget is 3.000.000 € while mine is 1.000.0000 €. But thanx to your tactic i am 1st still in January. Great tactic my friend!!!

yeah man city are damn annoying, they look set to dominate for a long time yet they have some insanely good regens.

Should have beat them in the champion league final as i dominated the game one of them games where you get 60% possesion pass rate over 80% camped in thier half 6 ccc countless shots on target and you go onto lose lol

Anyone of You make some tactical changes if You want to defend a lead ?

I'm worried about my defense. Half of a english league has lost less goals.

Even without Rooney ( broken leg :/ ) my team creating goal chances with ease but closing the game is a big problem. Sometimes i want to park a bus in front of goal like Mourinho, but results are dissapointing. It's a jeep at most, certainly not the bus.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7287/80623250.jpg

My opening tactis is SCFCv3 ( Link in post #226 )

this sounds great! gonna try v3 with my notts county side, 3rd year in the championship finished 16th and 18th do to me being tacticly inept :( i truly suck when it comes to tactics lol

just out of interest who did you sign for Swansea in first season?

hey mate i only brought in loan players , im away for the weekend again so cant post any cc atm but i used v1 of the tactic thats in the opening post , got 2 players from man utd on loan federico macheda (striker) he banged in an amazing 63 goals a centerback, cant quite remember the name of the centerback hes young about 18 i think , and barazite from arsenal .

finished 4th and beat cardiff in the play off final 5-0 :D 18th last season 4th this and premier league next season thanks to your tactic :) thanks dude your a star!

Very good tactic, especially in attack. Defense is a little Achilles' heel.

In the first season I won two trophies with MU (8 months without Rooney !)

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7659/10983641.jpg

http://www.filefront.com/16587385/Real%20Madryt%20v%20Manchester%20United%200-2%20%28final%20LM%202009-10%29.pkm

I'm looking to the future with hope.

finished 4th and beat cardiff in the play off final 5-0 :D 18th last season 4th this and premier league next season thanks to your tactic :) thanks dude your a star!

cardiff being beaten twice in a week in the playoff final lol

class haha

swansea till i die!!!!

gratz m8

amazing tactic start of season3 in prem with palace i switched to this from mr hough's for a bit of variety. i have kakuta on left and scannell on right and they ar playing a blinder. so far my record is p8 w6 d0 l2 (1 of which was a 95th min losing goal at old trafford!)

my wins are chelsea at home 4-2 west ham away 3-1 and iv'e just battered spurs 4-1 at home! wish more people were playing this tactic as it's something that could be even better if people knew there was actually a successful winger tactic out there!!!

amazing tactic start of season3 in prem with palace i switched to this from mr hough's for a bit of variety. i have kakuta on left and scannell on right and they ar playing a blinder. so far my record is p8 w6 d0 l2 (1 of which was a 95th min losing goal at old trafford!)

my wins are chelsea at home 4-2 west ham away 3-1 and iv'e just battered spurs 4-1 at home! wish more people were playing this tactic as it's something that could be even better if people knew there was actually a successful winger tactic out there!!!

cheers mate im sure it can be improved alot thanks for the great feed back .

Hey what a tactic1!!! Currently managin in Brazil 2 div, with America RN and Im on top after being tipped for relegation after 15 games!!!

This tactic should be on the sticky section or on a list of recommended tactics for weaker teams.

Ok now its stupid question time. I have the current v3 of this tactic. But I have one question, how do i start off if IM HEAVY FAVOURITES? for example I cant play this tactic effectively at home (if I am expected to win heavily)

Regards

Hey what a tactic1!!! Currently managin in Brazil 2 div, with America RN and Im on top after being tipped for relegation after 15 games!!!

This tactic should be on the sticky section or on a list of recommended tactics for weaker teams.

Ok now its stupid question time. I have the current v3 of this tactic. But I have one question, how do i start off if IM HEAVY FAVOURITES? for example I cant play this tactic effectively at home (if I am expected to win heavily)

Regards

i made this tactic to be more focused on defense so maybe when you become more the "big" team then make the mentality on all players a few notches up have the 2 cm with forward arrows on and try the fullbacks attack more and cross from to mixed , take the back arrow off the dm not saying this will work but its a start

Archived