Solid from the back 451 tactic

Have I missed what stats you need for players? If not, what stats should players have for there positions?

With the greatest of respect, guys, I think you should have a lot more info on the OP if you want more people to get involved.

scroll up mate theres a load of screen shots and details of how the latest tactic works mate

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you need is in this thread mate.

Use the most recent download on the OP. Follow the instructions to change the passing to more direct.

Update the set pieces to either mine or andrjam's.

Don't use OI's.

Gibbo, I'm glad you found something that works for you!

OIs are opposition instructions. Anyways, neilez2, you seem to have this tactic figured out, by the passing change, you mean changing the passing to the exact middle, onto mixed, right? I have already changed the set piece defense. And do you still recommend these?

If I'm playing a big team away and I'm the underdog I'll do the following:

Time wasting to middle

Defensive Line 2 nothces left to last notch of deep.

Full Back settings changed - Run from deep set to rarely, cross from set to deep, Wide play set to normal.

If I am really struggling I'll put the width on team settings to narrow.

If its raining:

Team settings, passing to 15, direct.

If I'm at home against a tough opponent:

Time wasting to middle.

If I score, I'll change the Full Back settings as above.

To hold onto a lead, 75-90mins:

Time wasting to max.

Width to last notch of narrow.

Full Back settings as above.

Defensive Line to last notch of deep.

Exactly what you posted mate.

Now enjoy the success it brings you...

I tried it with Hull and it was a no go. I was out played every game... The First five games I didn't even score a goal. Maybe due to my strikers ability, and that they lack penatration :(

what type of players is needed??? some specele attributes i should think on?? sorry for my bad english

I just use the basic filters that are in the booklet that comes with the game. Both target men and fast strikers have worked for me.

The only attribute thats 'essential' in my eyes, is passing for the DM, as they do have a lot of the ball. Think Xabi Alonso for Spain.

I tried it with Hull and it was a no go. I was out played every game... The First five games I didn't even score a goal. Maybe due to my strikers ability, and that they lack penatration :(

Its not a wonder tactic mate. It has worked with all the teams I have used it with so far. Besiktas, Partick Thistle, YoungHearts, Melbourne Victory, Santos, Honduras, Belgium and Liberia.

It doesn't produce ridiculous results, I just find that teams find it very hard to beat me and I score a few in the process. I does take time at each club for it to start working but I always put that down to me chaning all my staff, the tactics and usually quite a few players too. After 10 games or so, I find, that it really kicks in. Seeing my go on unbeaten runs for between 10-20 games.

The most annoying thing about this tactic is that it is anything but solid, for me anyway.

Its simple, i use full backs that can get up and down the pitch to a adequate quality. One strong old fashioned centre half on the RCB, a quicker more "footballing" type of LCB. A DM that can sit in front of the back four, usually one who can tackle well and break up attacks. 2 CM who are balanced and can defend and attack. Two wingers who are quick, can dribble and cross. And a CF who has good composure speed and finishing. Dont get me wrong im not necessarily struggling but im just sick to the death of drawing with teams 3-3,4-4 etc.

Someone please tell me something i am doing wrong/not doing at all? I am using the original tactic as posted in the OP. I have another one i have named alternate but dont like it because the winger settings are too different.

Somebody, anybody please reply asap.

EDIT: Oh surprise surprise... next game lose 4-3 at home. Now im sorry but if this tactic was "sold from the back" i would have won 3-0.

corkey you gotta give any tactic a few games to bed in.

this tactic i made is not ME breaking but i find its very realistic and a great foundation to start from you cant expect to start beating the big teams with small teams straight off

wait till the tactic starts to bed in with your team 10 games or so if your changing tactics mid season or so , corkey you been around these forums long enough to know that simple fact mate haha.

i have had to restart my swansea save from the begining as my save got corrupted and with a few free transfers i managed to finish 2nd in the leaague and win promotion with a near enough original swansea side , also knocking out blacburn rovers in the league cup using neilez tweaks

if you load the game and check out the defense swansea city start with thats no mean feat to finish with the 3rd best defensive record in the league ,

shauny use the latest tactic mate with the defensive corner routine posted a while back , also neilz tweaks are superb

the difference in winger settings is hardly a big deal mate , just use it and watch the game highlights in extended mode and you can see how it works mate the aml is set slightly more attacking thats all to help out the lone striker and you will notice the amr then attacks the space left by the defenders rushing to close down the attack on the left !!

you will see the aml will usually score more than the amr as he is left open andpicks up the 2nd phase of attacks and slots home a goal keeper parry or a defenders clearance

corkey you gotta give any tactic a few games to bed in.

this tactic i made is not ME breaking but i find its very realistic and a great foundation to start from you cant expect to start beating the big teams with small teams straight off

wait till the tactic starts to bed in with your team 10 games or so if your changing tactics mid season or so , corkey you been around these forums long enough to know that simple fact mate haha.

i have had to restart my swansea save from the begining as my save got corrupted and with a few free transfers i managed to finish 2nd in the leaague and win promotion with a near enough original swansea side , also knocking out blacburn rovers in the league cup using neilez tweaks

if you load the game and check out the defense swansea city start with thats no mean feat to finish with the 3rd best defensive record in the league ,

Andrjam, I've played this game a lot. I think I know that a tactic to must bed in. I tested it for 15 games. Then Holidayed the rest. The first 5 games I didn't even score a goal. Now, I'm wasn't expecting a 'ME' breaking tactic. Yet, I was expecting a tactic that perhaps score for me. I said that it may be my players and so on. I wasn't being negative. I tested well, and it didn't work. So don't tell me to let a tactic bed in, when I sit bottome of the league, with 20 points after 38 games.

Andrjam, I've played this game a lot. I think I know that a tactic to must bed in. I tested it for 15 games. Then Holidayed the rest. The first 5 games I didn't even score a goal. Now, I'm wasn't expecting a 'ME' breaking tactic. Yet, I was expecting a tactic that perhaps score for me. I said that it may be my players and so on. I wasn't being negative. I tested well, and it didn't work. So don't tell me to let a tactic bed in, when I sit bottome of the league, with 20 points after 38 games.

Corkey, you can clearly see some of the results other people are having with this tactic. It works for them. If it doesn't work for you, then move on. Try another tactic. Or create your own.

Corkey, you can clearly see some of the results other people are having with this tactic. It works for them. If it doesn't work for you, then move on. Try another tactic. Or create your own.

I have moved on... :confused::confused::confused:

your complaining about only getting 20 points from 38 games but you played in holiday mode for more than half a season then complain about the lack of good results ?!!?!?

your complaining about only getting 20 points from 38 games but you played in holiday mode for more than half a season then complain about the lack of good results ?!!?!?

Yes I am. I played a as Human Manager (Non-Holiday Mode) for Half season. I managed 7 points. Then started the Holiday, and made 13 points. So Holidayed performed better actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Just thought I would add my opinion(s) to the tactics posted in this thread.

Brief bit of intro information - 4th Season managing Evian in France.

09/10 - 9th in National

10/11- 3rd in National (promoted)

11/12 - 18th in Ligue 2 (relegated)

12/13 - Currently 1st in National, with 8 games to go. Near certainty for promotion.

For my first 3 seasons, I was using a rather unique-looking 3-1-2-3-1 formation, scoring shedloads of goals. Sadly, I leaked quite a few too!

I switched to the tactic posted in this thread, when I was pretty much certain to get relegated in my previous season - I had 20 points from 31 games, so decided what the heck! I won 6 of the last 7 games, and only finished 2 points off the team in 17th.

I set about the idea of using this tactic as a base for what I hoped to do in the 12/13 season. I tinkered with the setting a little bit in the pre-season, and am absolutely flying away. Easily the most solid formation/tactic I have used defensively in FM10. I set my team to counter-attack, push the AML/AMR into wide FC positions with Barrows, and urge the fullbacks to get forward whenever possible.

Some of the stuff the team plays is beautiful; opposition defences can't live with it. I have lost count the number of times this season that my team has broke from a corner/freekick on the edge of my own area, and scored on the counter attack.

I am at work at the moment, but will try to post some pictures/screens later :-)

great stuff to hear mate , would love to see how and in which way you altered the tactics mate post up some screenies if you could mate as i am always looking to improve my tactic , not posted much as of late with moving home and everything the mrs is keeping me busy ...and not in the way i like either lol thanks for the positive post though mate and thanks for trying the tactic out as well

• 2 months later...
Pretty woeful for FM11, no offence mate.

2 games so far, won 1 (barely) and lost another. I know 2 games aren't very sufficient sample size for testing, but still, I prefer my own free-flowing attacking football. Cheers anyway. :)

No probs mate Im just trying this out on fm11 now with swansea , dont look to bad so far just stuffed ipswich 4-0, dont know if i can play fm11 for long little things getting on my nerves lol

for example the bloody player ratings tabs when watching a match grrrrrrr show my team at home and the and the other team when i play away why cant it just stay on my frigging team , and they dont stay where you put the tabs if you move out of the match screen to read mail or something and come back to the game they have all moved again grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Archived