Solid from the back 451 tactic

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
like i said though i really can't understand why more people aren't using it!! palace for champions league? ill keep you updated!!!

crystal palace in the champions league? is this april 1st haha good work mate keep me updated how it goes

Should I change the main team attacking mentality or leave that? What has worked for you in this instance?

try the 2 CM with forward arrows and you should see them both trying to get into the box alot more or open to more passes in more attacking spaces

Tried a few tactics in 10.3 with limited success, saw that this one was designed for Swansea so give it a go (i'm a season ticket holder). It's fantastic, first season with the Swans I won the league with 106 points (and thats after dropping points at the end because after wrapping up the league with 6 games to go I left the remaining games to the assistant manager) and I didn't spend a penny on players. First season in the prem i'm currently 9th with 7 games to go and a nice run of fixtures coming up so Europe is still a possibility. Brilliant tactic!

Tried a few tactics in 10.3 with limited success, saw that this one was designed for Swansea so give it a go (i'm a season ticket holder). It's fantastic, first season with the Swans I won the league with 106 points (and thats after dropping points at the end because after wrapping up the league with 6 games to go I left the remaining games to the assistant manager) and I didn't spend a penny on players. First season in the prem i'm currently 9th with 7 games to go and a nice run of fixtures coming up so Europe is still a possibility. Brilliant tactic!

Another Jack :thup:

Glad it worked well for you mate.

Good luck qualifying for europe , try and get Verratti as soon as hes great in the MC position player of the season etc since i signed him 300k aswell !!

Also Anicet upfront is another cheap option 2mill if you need to know anything else mate just ask

Swansea Till I Die

Another team in my career and the next trophy, this time Serie A title. Finally, with a good defense.

Marco Motta, as FB has only two stars in opinion of my assistant manager (Alessandro del Piero), but he play good season for me.

Many thanks for the tactics.

Here is my winning team, and the table at the end of the season.

fykrana.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

managed to get algeria to the semi finals of the world cup losing on pens to germany. in the league i finished 8th and 2nd with an fa win. it gets better and better! :D

should i use any OI and are Ass. Mans team talk ok ?

Tight marking for the st, and weaker foot for all the midfielders and closing down. Tight marking anr hard tackling if your facing a good team, with good players

Right i not posted for a while so sorry about that if you was waiting for any updates but i think i git my tactic flowing nicely now best defenc in the league beast attack in the league heres a screen shot of my last few fixtures where i am coming to an end of tweaking the tactic

5nqglv.jpg

Only thing i cant seem to cut out is the goals scored against me from set pieces mainly corners where the ball gets cleared only for it to be knocked back into thw box cant seem to get any of my players to defend the 2nd ball if you know what i mean

ill post the tactic later

346rkhg.jpg

Tight marking for the st, and weaker foot for all the midfielders and closing down. Tight marking anr hard tackling if your facing a good team, with good players

thank you very much !

Finally got round to finishing my season

209rfv8.png

Only lost 2 games and they were away from home awesome defensive record aswell

Also won the FA cup:D

But lost in the semi finals of the champions league against AC Milan beat them 2-1 at thier ground but lost 2-0 at home :eek:

Getting late now so im off to bed but sometime tomorrow i can post up the latest tactic if anyones intrested !!

Has the new tactic got a good defense set-up, as I tried Tav's 'Super Tactic' and it failed for me, so I thinking of trying this. I hear it's good in defence :thup:, do you regard this tactic to have a good defense? Be honest :p haha

Any OIs you use?

and also what type of striker do you use? Fast? Strong? Bit of both?

Cheers :)

Great tactic andrjam48 - I've had great success using it in my Stoke save.

One question, do you make any changes when you're at home, and facing a team you feel you can defeat? I've noticed that I've lost a few points at home, and seem to dominated more than when I am away! The amount of times I've gone 1-0 up, only to be pegged back to a 1-1 draw or 2-1 defeat has been really dissapointing. I could easily be challenging the Europa league positions because my away form has been brilliant. My attacking options are good enough too, so it's not as though im lacking in firepower!

Thanks in advance, and great tactic once again.

Great tactic andrjam48 - I've had great success using it in my Stoke save.

One question, do you make any changes when you're at home, and facing a team you feel you can defeat? I've noticed that I've lost a few points at home, and seem to dominated more than when I am away! The amount of times I've gone 1-0 up, only to be pegged back to a 1-1 draw or 2-1 defeat has been really dissapointing. I could easily be challenging the Europa league positions because my away form has been brilliant. My attacking options are good enough too, so it's not as though im lacking in firepower!

Thanks in advance, and great tactic once again.

Its not very attacking to be honest in a sense so when playing at home i found that teams didnt attack you it would end up in a draw , i think i was concentrating to much on keeping clean sheets and not risking to much in a attacking sense . my newest tactic as you can see from the above screenshot is pretty tight in defence and a bit more potent in attack ,

im trying out the front three atm with a back arrow and the striker with roam from position ticked with the MC`s with a mentality of around 16 or so so they attack the box while my front three drag the back line all over the place

ill post the main tactic in a sec so you can experiment with it yourselfs :)

read most of the posts in the thread and appreciate the work involved in developing at tatic. I do have one question, i will be very interested in trying this out, so my question is that would it work with a Aston Villa side with little transfer activity from the orignal squad starting in season 1? (ideal would be using the tweeked tactic of 451)

Now i test your latest tactic with HSV in Germany in 2020. I'm their new manager from december 2019 and now i sold almost all my players and bought a completely new squad. Only 4 or 5 players remained the same. I hope your tactic to work because i invested quite a lot and the pressure is high after such spending :D and i don't want to be sacked.

I'm looking forward to your next version too and i will post results after few matches.

I tested Mr Hough tactics and for my surprise it didn't work even if i had good players in 2018 at Leverkusen, and sincerely i didn't liked the design of tactic. This suits my view better.

Keep it up and hope for better and better in the future

Now i test your latest tactic with HSV in Germany in 2020. I'm their new manager from december 2019 and now i sold almost all my players and bought a completely new squad. Only 4 or 5 players remained the same. I hope your tactic to work because i invested quite a lot and the pressure is high after such spending :D and i don't want to be sacked.

I'm looking forward to your next version too and i will post results after few matches.

I tested Mr Hough tactics and for my surprise it didn't work even if i had good players in 2018 at Leverkusen, and sincerely i didn't liked the design of tactic. This suits my view better.

Keep it up and hope for better and better in the future

Opening post updated mate with a few screen shots aswell hope you like mate

Nice edit to the first post and nice screenshots and explanation.

The link from there is with the latest tactic?

Yes mate give the tactic a few games to gel in mate as you have said you have a virtually new squad so they will take some games to get to know each other

Hope it works well for you though let me know how it goes :thup:

Its late and i better get some sleep as i told the mrs i was coming to bed in 5 mins that was 3 hours ago lol :eek:

FM is very addicted you know. Is almost 4AM at me but now the transfers are made because is 1st july and after that i want to set my friendlies, at least 8, to gel somewhat my squad and to implement Zico corner routine in attack and defense in your new tactic because i see that is almost on default in your tactic.

I hope to concede even less with this little tweak and score a few more. I will report to you this too how works.

After that i set my training regime and finally i go to sleep and hope for the best for tommorrow

Good night mate ;)

Aup mate been using your tactics in the swedish lower leagues and its going well so far. Only question is in your opening post you say that you tweak the tactic for most matches, how much do you change the sliders? And is this using the pre match advice?

Cheers

Aup mate been using your tactics in the swedish lower leagues and its going well so far. Only question is in your opening post you say that you tweak the tactic for most matches, how much do you change the sliders? And is this using the pre match advice?

Cheers

When i move the def line or width its very small changes unless its in the 75th min or so and i think i can win where i use my "PUSH" tactic which is more or less all out attck in nature

Time wasting is the only slider I go from one extreme or the other (1-20)

Heres the all out attack tactic to use if the game is around the 75th minute and you think you can win

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6b38hh

When i move the def line or width its very small changes unless its in the 75th min or so and i think i can win where i use my "PUSH" tactic which is more or less all out attck in nature

Time wasting is the only slider I go from one extreme or the other (1-20)

Heres the all out attack tactic to use if the game is around the 75th minute and you think you can win

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6b38hh

So what are the scenarios when you tweak, and by how much do you tweak?

Andrjam48 do you put ST in the target man panel anymore in your new version?

yes mate also increase the tempo to the last notch of slow or first noticed of mixed

i forgot to alter it before i posted it had a stressful few days and my memory has taken a battering lol

anyway day off tomorrow so a well deserved rest for me in the garden with a few beers watching the football through the window at least i wont hear those bloody horns

So what are the scenarios when you tweak, and by how much do you tweak?

dude answer is in the question really if your winning 1-0 and its the 80th minute which option you gonna take less time wasting or more?

and the reverse if your losing and and your running out of time.

yes mate also increase the tempo to the last notch of slow or first noticed of mixed

i forgot to alter it before i posted it had a stressful few days and my memory has taken a battering lol

anyway day off tomorrow so a well deserved rest for me in the garden with a few beers watching the football through the window at least i wont hear those bloody horns

also tg supply to run on to ball?

dude answer is in the question really if your winning 1-0 and its the 80th minute which option you gonna take less time wasting or more?

and the reverse if your losing and and your running out of time.

No, what tweaks to the Defensive Line/Tempo?

I tested your tactic for 11 games until now and the results are good. I know that all the teams were with very small reputation and the victories doesn't say much but from what i saw the movement of the ball and players was very impressive.

I used it with OI instructions in first matches until Plymouth match and after that i used without OI and without OI they played better. The only bad result was with Plymouth but i think are from the OI i used and because the were complacent because was a friendly. Other reason could be that i played 2 line ups, one for every half.

Only tweaks were what you said earlier about focus passig, TM etc and at corner routine, set pieces and throw in. The rest is set as the original. With this new corner routine i think the tactic is more stable and solid at the back. Is almost impossible for the opposition to score from corners or set pieces at least until now.

Here is a screenshot and now the real job begins and this is the true moment.

Hope to work the same as in friendlies. Report later with results and feedback

hsv1.jpg

Man why u destroyed great tactic, where is link for D/7 something tactic that previous was much better that this final.

lol mate its the final tactic and d7 tactic are the same its just the defenisve line was at 7 with the d7 and final its at 10 :confused:

can u please update link for d7, i found that new version is worse, really trust me i was amazed how previous was good and i down. this one and cant beat anyone.

Archived