Solid from the back 451 tactic

can u please update link for d7, i found that new version is worse, really trust me i was amazed how previous was good and i down. this one and cant beat anyone.

just use the final tactic and lower the d line to 7 thats all it is mate

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

listen im playing with milan my fav. club and i took ochoa, diarra mahamadou on loan, moussa sissokho.

At the start tryed your v3 tactic and didnt have so good results mostly 1-1 in friendlies, and i saw your d/7 tactic and tryed it and got amazing results, but since i using last one results are pretty much poor.

Do i have to use target man or playmaker? or what to do

listen im playing with milan my fav. club and i took ochoa, diarra mahamadou on loan, moussa sissokho.

At the start tryed your v3 tactic and didnt have so good results mostly 1-1 in friendlies, and i saw your d/7 tactic and tryed it and got amazing results, but since i using last one results are pretty much poor.

Do i have to use target man or playmaker? or what to do

give me more information as to how the tactic not working ? what do you see going wrong maybe i can help you

Andrjam48, what are the tweaks that you make before a match?

Do you reckon you could layout your answer ike this:

Defensive Line: Down 2 nothces when playing away. Up 1 notch when playing at home.

Tempo: Down 2 nothces when playing away. Up 1 notch when palying at home.

or whetever twekas you do make :)

corkey mate if your defenders are crap lower the line if you have fast defenders leave it as is really simple pimple mate:thup:

Ow okay then, you hadn't explained it to me... What about tempo?

Hi guys, deos anyone know what tweaks you are supposed to do before matches?

Andrjam48 said Lower the defensive a bit if defenders are slow, or increase it if they are fast? is that right?

What other tweaks are there?

Simple i don't understand you Filke. One time you have great results and after some matches you had bad results with the same last tactic. Maybe you changed somenthing and now you don't know what you changed.

For me is a very good tactic. The best what i downloaded until now from here. In first 2 matches in Bundesliga i beat 3-1 Nurnberg at home and 4-0 at Hoffenheim which is predicted to finish 3rd and i'm predicted to finish 6. So....

And all my players are new and from my ass manager they aren't gelled or somewhat around and they play awesome and aren't great players, only normal ones even if i invested quite a lot.

Corkey about tweaks.

Start the match with the original settings and watch the match in extended highlights and see what is going bad, if something is going bad adjust it. If in 2-3 consecutive matches you have the same problem you can adjust in the original tactic and save it and so on. I don't think it's to hard.

Andrjam48 you did a great job. I like your tactic and seems that is a very good one. I like the design, movement of the ball and players and how this tactic defends.

Nice job

Simple i don't understand you. One time you have great results and after some matches you had bad results with the same last tactic. Maybe you changed somenthing and now you don't know what you changed.

For me is a very good tactic. The best what i downloaded until now from here. In first 2 matches in Bundesliga i beat 3-1 Nurnberg at home and 4-0 at Hoffenheim which is predicted to finish 3rd and i'm predicted to finish 6. So....

And all my players are new and from my ass manager they aren't gelled or somewhat around and they play awesome and aren't great players, only normal ones even if i invested quite a lot.

Corkey about tweaks.

Start the match with the original settings and watch the match in extended highlights and see what is going bad, if something is going bad and adjust it. If in 2-3 consecutive matches you have the same problem you can adjust in the original tactic and save it and so on. I don't think it's to hard.

Andrjam48 you did a great job. I like your tactic and seems that is a very good one. I like the design, movement of the ball and players and how this tactic defends.

Nice job

Okay, but I'm not one for reading the Match Engine... :( If I leave the Tactic 'un-tweaked' will it still work to a great standard, do you reckon?

Right now i lost to Bochum at home after i was up 1-0. Lysenko scores 2 from the corners and i the man who marked him was my stopper who is 1,86m 19 marking 17 heading 16 jumping concentration 17 bravery 17. Of course one was on far post, FM semibug, and there was my above stopper and the 2nd best header. I don't understand this mechanism but what can i do. That's football.

Despite that loss the tactic was good and the team played well.

im gonna be starting a new network game with my bro soon so just wanted to clear a couple of things up

i'll be notts county, as usual :), so is it still viable for lower leagues?

should target man be selected?

should target man supply be set to run on to ball or left to mixed?

tempo up to last notch on slow?

I set up last notch of slow the tempo at for the start and adjust during the match if is necesary. Should be okay even with less skilled teams from what andrjam48 said. He started with Swansea so should work for your Notts County too.

I think you set up TM supply according to your TM skills. I set up as mixed because Kramaric is all round striker in my team

@ magika milan thanks for the really well thought out replys mate :thup:

hope you have some more good results , one thing i find with football manager no matter how well or how much you dominate a game if the ME decides its time for you to concede a goal you WILL concede the only shot on target against you.

@corkey if you dont watch the match highlights even in key mode theres not much i can do to help you tweak a tactic to your team to be honest the best doctor in the world cant teach a blind person to see if you know what i mean mate .

I promise you if you take the time and effort to just slightly grasp or learn what the sliders do you will enjoy this game a lot more just like myself :)

im gonna be starting a new network game with my bro soon so just wanted to clear a couple of things up

i'll be notts county, as usual :), so is it still viable for lower leagues?

should target man be selected?

should target man supply be set to run on to ball or left to mixed?

tempo up to last notch on slow?

hey mate i will have to update the original post with instructions for the original tactic i released and the final tactic i released as this latest tactic has evolved from a lower league team i used it with and got success and i have had to adapt it as my team got more and more succesful and teams defended deeper and parked the bus more and more often against me so had to make the final release tactic more attacking to over come them.

if you download the V1 tactic read the posts u will find it linked somewhere then put ur striker in the target man list but dont tick the target man box and feed him "run onto balls"

but with the latest release i have set the striker to play deeper and feed in the to inside forwards more .

ill do my best to sit down in front of the pc later and clearly state on the original post

But at the minute im having a world cup marathon watching france v mexico i have managed to have time to sit down and watch all the games today haha !!!!:cool:

I tried it with Hull, and sadly it didnt work. Maybe due my misunderstanding?

• Target-Man box not ticked.

• Player put into Target-Man list.

• Target-Man supply set to 'Head'. (This due to my Striker being very strong in the air.)

• Made my AML Man-Mark the oppostion Right-Back. Then Visa-Versa for my AMR.

So is that right?

Right now i'm watching poor France, but now is half time and played 2nd round in DFB Pokal and i'm out. I didn't play well whatever the changes i made. Hope for better in the league

just sent you a pm mate about a revised version of this final tactic let me know if you want to try it out and ill send you a link later tonight mate

Right I have been messing around for a few games now not 100% satisfied with the last tactic i released

Problems i am having

1) plenty of possesion but not enough penetration.

2) Great pass completion rate but again the passing is just aimless not enough direct penetrating defence splitting passes

3)Striker not scoring as much as id like ( but he was dropping deep and linking up play well)

so ive altered the instructions for the striker amr/l and CM`s

Dropped the mentailty of the dm so he creates more of a triangle barrier with the 2 CB`s

Linked the mentality of the Fullbacks with the lowest set mentality CM and made them slightly more invlved with the attacking process

Some screenshots of the last match

5knfv9.jpg

Totally dominated possesion and passing over 80% at the end of the day if the other team dont have the ball they cant score

Passing stats

6fs36h.jpg

more to follow

So heres the league standing after 10 games played

103hegg.jpg

Fixtures so far

fbx5pk.jpg

Sunderlands goal against me was a bloody own goal of my goalkeeper :mad:

Would have been 9 clean sheets in a row otherwise

5 goals against = 1 own goal , 1 penalty , and i think one was a headed goal from a corner

not much i could do against the other 2 goals as they were 30 yard screamers sort of thing

The new tactic isnt as effective mate.Ur first release was good.

Hopefully your new tweaked one is the best release

Nevertheless, still appreciate all the work you put in :D

you was thinking the same aswell tbh mate so far this new one has had some great perfomances although my team is full of really good players now ill post some screen shots of the players im using etc later

could u post the link for the new tactic when its ready as it looks immense cheers

will do mate I have asked another poster on here to test it out for me aswell to save some time and many thanks for your help Magica milan

In his test so far hes reoprted back that this tactic is "tremendous":eek:

Although I have only used it with my Swansea City side who are very good now so i think ill give it a quick run with a championship side or league 1 team and see how it flys there :thup:

will do mate i have asked another poster on here to test it out for me aswell to save some time and many thanks for your help magica milan

in his test so far hes reoprted back that this tactic is "tremendous":eek:

Although i have only used it with my swansea city side who are very good now so i think ill give it a quick run with a championship side or league 1 team and see how it flys there :thup:

im playing with parma in my third season have an average to good team ill test it for you if u like

cheers mate lets hope it works better than englands tactic at the mo lol

ive turned it off mate contender for the worst game of the world cup so far me thinks

and thats coming from a welsh man haha

and i alsi think FM2010 has started to hate me just lost my 1st game in the league 1-0 own goal by my keeper thats 2 from that pleb in 13 games :mad:

and then another home goal in my last match against portsmouth who are bottom of the league

106j7g9.jpg

Look at my stats and thier midget of a goalkeeper got a 9 rating only time the ball went into my half and i put it into the back of my own net :confused:

I had some strange results too exactly as yours. Even if I dominate possesion i can't win in some matches. That's football you know. Hope for better in the future.

About England match was a poor one. How couldn't beat Algeria, come on...

They don't have a very good tactic plan on the pitch like France. Are a little better but not enough to win something at this World Cup.

Try with lower league teams too to see how is going. I think that for lower leagues your V1 was better. This is for middle to strong teams, but better test it on some LL teams.

Archived