Solid from the back 451 tactic

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why don't you use inverted players on AML and AMR because they are set up to cut inside?

havent noticed that much of a difference when i have played them on the other wings tbh

ill watch a full match in my next game and try it

@chronic and milan

1) Increase mentality on every player by four clicks.

2) Increase through balls. Put everyone on 'often' -

3) Increase forward runs. Generally, I just step everyone up a level from their default. So if your central defenders are rarely, make them mixed. If the midfielders are mixed then make then often, etc etc.

4) Increase tempo to 75%

5) Change defensive line to 'push up'

6) Heavily increase the Goalkeeper's mentality and put him on forward runs often - this will make him speed off his line to sweep up.

Once you've done that - save it as a seperate tactic file.

Call it all out attack or something and use it from around the 75th minute to try and steal a win if your on top :thup:

do u find having the center backs on no creative freedom they sometimes make mistakes when in possesion of the ball

no mate they are playing really well atm but they have been my 2 central defenders now for the past 3 seasons maybe that helps

Kamikaze tweaks :D

haha!! some games i control the game so much like 80% possesion its worth taking a risk i have won alot of games using the all out attack tactic from the 75th or so minute

Of course if you do score revert back to the original tactic and up the time wasting :D

Now i've finished my 2020-2021 season with HSV Hamburg. I took an impressive 2nd place (medica prediction 6th) and only the lots of draws at the beggining of the season (because my squad was new, only my GK was from the previous squad) prevented me to not take the 1st place. I used for most of the season the last tactic + the 2 tweaks for fullbacks which andrjam48 mention here. 1st defense in the league which make me proud of my back four. All in all the season was very good, the tactic looked very good, solid, lethal and with a nice movement of the ball and hope for better in next season.

This tactic definetly worth trying.

Me personlly i liked it very very much. Nice effort and great job andrjam48.

And here is also a screenshot of my season

endofseason.jpg

Read all the thread and have installed the tactic but i cant see the screen that allows me to change player position, ie winger to inside forward has anybody else noticed this?

Am using Windows Vista and had to copy the file into my tactic folder via drag and drop process.

Personally i didn't have any problems regarding the tactic. Maybe is from your Windows Vista visual effects or something
I don't know sorry because i use XP not Vista. Vista is very poor

Agree mate have also noticed that during a game the shout section is greyed out????

@ thegooner

First off thanks for trying out the tactic , im guessing you have not played FM for long as there are now two ways of making tactics

first way is with the tactics creator which does everything for you

i.e you pick the name of the role of the position and it moves the sliders to a pre set positions for you

or you can make them the old way with forward arrows and back arrows etc and do everything yourself basically.

personally i use them both i use the tactic creator for a base then convert to classic to alter the tactic to my preference

regarding touchline shouts if the tactic is classic, touchline shouts are not allowed

or if you have used the tactic creator then you can use touchline shouts

hope that clears it up for you

@magica Milan

did you find changing the fullbacks instructions to "hug touchline and cross from byline" to add anything to the tactic or no?

also grats on 2nd place and with the best defence very good

i have been trying a few games with the left sided MC as the playmaker going to see how it goes :thup:

Think if i get a chance later today ill release the tactic we have been testing today or tomorrow

many thanks magica milan for the help much kudos to you sir :thup:

Right heres how my season has been going so far its close at the top with about 7 games to go this is with the unreleased tactic currently being tested

Just had a good game away against Portsmouth

2vl9kyd.jpg

Champions league Fixtures

2nuj395.jpg

Yet to conceede a goal

Premier League fixtures

246m1kj.jpg

2zs6wy0.jpg

Why dont i keep my mouth shut As soon as i posted saying i had not conceeded a goal in 8 champions league games i go into my home 2nd leg game against palmero leading 1-0

You know what im gonna say dont you .........

db3bl.jpg

2nd year running ive gone into the home game with a lead and ended up losing on away goals :mad:

And that 3rd goal was OFFSIDE

STUPID LINESMAN ....

Why dont i keep my mouth shut As soon as i posted saying i had not conceeded a goal in 8 champions league games i go into my home 2nd leg game against palmero leading 1-0

You know what im gonna say dont you .........

db3bl.jpg

2nd year running ive gone into the home game with a lead and ended up losing on away goals :mad:

And that 3rd goal was OFFSIDE

STUPID LINESMAN ....

Must be the same linesman that awarded the New Zealand goal yesterday!

I'm new to FM10 and tinkering about learning the game at the moment.

Is your tactic classic or wizard? Do you think the wizard tactics are any good with the shouts etc?

What is the most recent version of your tactic and whats the lowest level its been tested it at?

Cheers

PS) Apologies for all the questions, I'm starting a network game with a mate of mine soon, hes had the game since release so I'm just trying to make sure I don't embarass myself!

Must be the same linesman that awarded the New Zealand goal yesterday!

I'm new to FM10 and tinkering about learning the game at the moment.

Is your tactic classic or wizard? Do you think the wizard tactics are any good with the shouts etc?

What is the most recent version of your tactic and whats the lowest level its been tested it at?

Cheers

PS) Apologies for all the questions, I'm starting a network game with a mate of mine soon, hes had the game since release so I'm just trying to make sure I don't embarass myself!

No problem mate if you dont ask things you will never learn !!

If you check out the opening post the first tactic is the one i used to get promoted out of the championship scoring over 120 goals although i had Federico macheda on loan he was insane that season he got around 60 goals in total lol after one season on loan with us he got legend status :eek:

the new tactic creator is a good tool to start with but i find if its best to alter the sliders afterwards as you watch matches to suit the tactic it gives you better

touchline shouts are basically pre set positions on the sliders so it saves you altering them yourself

Personally i like the classic style tactics better.

No problem mate if you dont ask things you will never learn !!

If you check out the opening post the first tactic is the one i used to get promoted out of the championship scoring over 120 goals although i had Federico macheda on loan he was insane that season he got around 60 goals in total lol after one season on loan with us he got legend status :eek:

the new tactic creator is a good tool to start with but i find if its best to alter the sliders afterwards as you watch matches to suit the tactic it gives you better

touchline shouts are basically pre set positions on the sliders so it saves you altering them yourself

Personally i like the classic style tactics better.

Cheers for the quick reply mate.

The shouts now make more sense to me. So, they are more simple, more for beginners. Classic is more advanced?

What type of striker suits best? Target man, quick striker or ideally an all-rounder Drogba type?

Do you make any in game tweaks or play differently home and away?

I'm using the Mr. Hough tactic at the moment but don't like the un-natural shape of it.

Right then first full season over using the un released tactic and finished 2nd place

4jwcbn.jpg

5 players in the team of the year

205xct4.jpg

Undefeated at home 2nd year running

More points gained than last year

2nd best attack

3rd best defence (was 2nd best till last game with Man City)

ieghs5.jpg

My Goalkeeper with the most pass completions 89%

My LB, CB and DM also with great pass completions

lost on penalties in the FA cup against .........Man City ( i really hate those bank rolled manc swines)

Cheers for the quick reply mate.

The shouts now make more sense to me. So, they are more simple, more for beginners. Classic is more advanced?

What type of striker suits best? Target man, quick striker or ideally an all-rounder Drogba type?

Do you make any in game tweaks or play differently home and away?

I'm using the Mr. Hough tactic at the moment but don't like the un-natural shape of it.

Scroll up mate and you can see what players I am using at the minute (post 352 i think it is mate)

No changes to be honest or very rarely time wasting i increase as the game goes on if im winning or vice versa if losing

Scroll up mate and you can see what players I am using at the minute (post 352 i think it is mate)

No changes to be honest or very rarely time wasting i increase as the game goes on if im winning or vice versa if losing

Andrjam48, is SCFC Reborn your best tactic?

Andrjam48, is SCFC Reborn your best tactic?

read opening post mate i will release the latest tactic soon as i can but i think this tactic i have atm maybe for the better teams in the division im going to play with a crap team for 5 gameor so just to see how it rolls :thup:

Cheers mate. I saw the player pics but was wondering more about what suited you before you managed to get better players in. I'm Partick Thistle and have no money to spend. Just generally go for the best players available in those positions?

No changes. That is impressive. How did you get on in the earlier seasons with the bigger teams you faced in cup ties?

Cheers mate. I saw the player pics but was wondering more about what suited you before you managed to get better players in. I'm Partick Thistle and have no money to spend. Just generally go for the best players available in those positions?

No changes. That is impressive. How did you get on in the earlier seasons with the bigger teams you faced in cup ties?

Load the game up mate and have alook at the swansea squad basically had that team for the championship and the first year in the premier. have alook at the start of the thread and you can see what players i had i think mate

Mate, your in 2018. No offence, but by now you should have the best players in the world. I wudve hoped you came first, as I would have been convinced it was a great tactic. But appreciate the work

To be fair i have never stated its a great tactic. although winning the championship, FA cup , league cup champions league , runner up aswell once premier legue champions and runners up this year is not bad in 8 years

Arsenal won it , Cristiano ronaldo has single handedly won it for them this year :mad:

Them and Man city are really annoying lol

Right i have rushed through these games fastest speed no highlights didnt adjust anything only subbed a player if injured etc and heres 10 games played with liverpool

On a side note was i just unlucky with injuries or do liverpool suffer from alot of injuries in FM? 1 or 2 players injured each match in 10 games i lost half the squad near enough lol

zn6efm.jpg

Against porstmough we was 2-0 until i had my DM sent off like i stated above i didnt touch anything just pressed continue and we concedeed a penalty and a late equaliser im sure if i had adjusted , width tempo time wasting and such then we would have held out

League after 10 games

264qnew.jpg

2nu5elc.jpg

Im not sure how well this works with lower leagues so if anyone out there wants to try it out when i upload it and send me some feed back be much helpful:thup:

I think is a very good tactic. You need to adjust in game the time wasting depends on the scoreline and thats all.

Of course that will be moments when your team will play bad and you lost but this moments are part of football.

Was planning to use the new Mr Hough tactic in a new save but I started unemployed and got the Besiktas job!

They have very good wingers so I'm going to use your 4-5-1.

If I download the one at the bottom of the OP then that will be the latest one, correct?

If I apply the 'kamikaze' tweaks from above then that will be the 'Push' tactic?

If I then make an away option with the d-line at 7.

That should give me a 'Home' tactic, an 'all out attack' option and an 'away' tactic with a deeper d-line.

That all sound right?

Was planning to use the new Mr Hough tactic in a new save but I started unemployed and got the Besiktas job!

They have very good wingers so I'm going to use your 4-5-1.

If I download the one at the bottom of the OP then that will be the latest one, correct?

If I apply the 'kamikaze' tweaks from above then that will be the 'Push' tactic?

If I then make an away option with the d-line at 7.

That should give me a 'Home' tactic, an 'all out attack' option and an 'away' tactic with a deeper d-line.

That all sound right?

Gime a sec to upload my latest tactic mate just uploading it now :)

So for the latest tactic, is the Target-Man bussiness the same? do you put him in the list without ticking the box?

With the latest one no i didnt bother with listing target man but feel free to try .

I have uploaded the tactic and the 75th minute tactic to use if you are behind and need a goal or if you are drawing and just cant break down a stubborn defence.

With the latest one no i didnt bother with listing target man but feel free to try .

I have uploaded the tactic and the 75th minute tactic to use if you are behind and need a goal or if you are drawing and just cant break down a stubborn defence.

What about holding a lead mate? Or is this something we need to do ouselves:rolleyes: :p Haha

Cheers for that mate. Didn't expect a new version to be uploaded! Result.

I just like having tactic sets.

With yours I can now have a normal, hold lead and gung-ho.

Any other tips or tweaks that you used in either of your test games?

What about holding a lead mate? Or is this something we need to do ouselves:rolleyes: :p Haha
Cheers for that mate. Didn't expect a new version to be uploaded! Result.

I just like having tactic sets.

With yours I can now have a normal, hold lead and gung-ho.

Any other tips or tweaks that you used in either of your test games?

Hard to say off hand mate I just see how the games going (i watch most games in at least key mode)

if you get a player sent off i reduce width , tempo , increase time wasting .

Archived