Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to sound horrible but Mr Hough peaked with his 4-1-2-3 tactic. Because that was so effective everyone thinks he is a tactics god, which has been proved wrong with the the tactics he has released since (and before for that matter).

Thanks for that.

Your efforts should certainly be applauded with regards to helping the community. Your 4-1-2-3 tactic was legendary!

Thanks i appreciate your comments and the latest tactics haven't been as good as previous ones, Hopefully in FM11 i'll be able to create a winger tactic that eclipses my 4-1-2-3 tactic.

Thanks i appreciate your comments and the latest tactics haven't been as good as previous ones, Hopefully in FM11 i'll be able to create a winger tactic that eclipses my 4-1-2-3 tactic.

Yeah i hope so too. Would be nice to see winger tactics be effective again in FM.

You will always be a tactical legend Dave and it's be an honour using your tactics.

Too bad you won't continue to make any more tactics but your decision is appreciated.

I wanna enjoy the game now, I think i have taken the tactics as far as i can in FM10.

If i do stumble upon something that works though of course i will post it but i won't intentially make tactics.

Thanks for the interesting reads and inputs on FM tactics Hough, go enjoy life and the game:-)

Any chance to convince you to take a look at the 4123 with very rigid? See if you see something that should be changed once one sets it to very rigid?:-)

I find it strange that you're having difficulty against a wide diamond formation with a 4-1-2-3, because if anything, you should actually have the advantage in this case. You are packing the midfield and playing through the middle, where the opposition has only two players (AMC and DMC), plus there's a gap between them in which your two MCs usually sit.

Here's just one example of me playing against a wide diamond:

vswidediamond.png

I also used some OIs, like tight marking the AMC and both STs, plus showing all players onto their weaker foot. Usually I don't use OIs at all, but when I play big teams, I tend to use at least some. The main thing is not to go overboard with the "close down" OI. That's the one that makes your team loose shape and open up gaps for opposing players. In my own game, I never use this particular OI, but I do use the other ones, because they don't affect your team's positioning so drastically.

That is strange indeed, maybe it is more squad related? My players simply don't fit that well vs the Diamond? I tried man-marking the AMC with my DM and it helped alittle but still loose consistantly vs same skill-level teams. Will try your tight marking trick and see if it helps but cannot see any way I'd dominate Barca like that:-)

First of all I would like to say big thanks to you, Dave! Your commitment, enthusiasm and talent for making tactics has been unprecedented! I have tried to make some tactics myself and I know how difficult it can be. Thanks for being with us and sharing what you have made - the best tactics in FM10. :)

Looking back to all the released tactics, if you could just pick one tactic, which one would it be? Yes, they are all good but which one is the most legendary one, your true legacy? Everyone else, please name your favourite tactic as well! ;)

I have had most success with the Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 Unbeaten Final Version, maybe also due to the fact that I have been using it a lot. I remember that the Classic Tactic worked well for me as well but would it be fair to say that it is still inferior to the Unbeaten tactic? I am a lover of slider tactics and have not used the Mr Hough and JP Woody Final Version that much. But I still liked the Unbeaten Final more. So, third place maybe. AVD MOD – Mr. Hough’s Unbeaten Final Version was a disappointment, it never worked for me. Sorry. It leaked way too many goals and probably requires better defensive players.

But your final word, the ONE AND ONLY TACTIC is ............................

First of all I would like to say big thanks to you, Dave! Your commitment, enthusiasm and talent for making tactics has been unprecedented! I have tried to make some tactics myself and I know how difficult it can be. Thanks for being with us and sharing what you have made - the best tactics in FM10. :)

Looking back to all the released tactics, if you could just pick one tactic, which one would it be? Yes, they are all good but which one is the most legendary one, your true legacy? Everyone else, please name your favourite tactic as well! ;)

I have had most success with the Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 Unbeaten Final Version, maybe also due to the fact that I have been using it a lot. I remember that the Classic Tactic worked well for me as well but would it be fair to say that it is still inferior to the Unbeaten tactic? I am a lover of slider tactics and have not used the Mr Hough and JP Woody Final Version that much. But I still liked the Unbeaten Final more. So, third place maybe. AVD MOD – Mr. Hough’s Unbeaten Final Version was a disappointment, it never worked for me. Sorry. It leaked way too many goals and probably requires better defensive players.

But your final word, the ONE AND ONLY TACTIC is ............................

I must admit that because of all the tactics i have made i haven't really had that much time to play the game sadly.

The one that has given me the most success and is easily the Classic Everton tactic that i won the quadruple with Simply astonishing acheivment then it would be the unbeaten then the complete dominace 10.2.

Don't want to sound horrible but Mr Hough peaked with his 4-1-2-3 tactic. Because that was so effective everyone thinks he is a tactics god, which has been proved wrong with the the tactics he has released since (and before for that matter).

Mr Hough has to be the FM god of FM10, surely the joy his 4123 tactics has gave us all counts for something, and to be fair his latest tactics might not be as good as the 4123 but they are still a lot better than a lot of people can do, maybe we shouldnt judge his latest tactics on the 4123, maybe we should judge them on the tons of average tactics on here, then we might realise how good they are, also his tactics leading upto the 4123 where amazing, just take a look at the views downloads and replies he has had on all his tactics, i think the 4123 will be remembered in the same breath as the diablo, tho Mr Hough keep your chin up mate, im sure u will be back on fm11 and create some amazing tactic, as i have said before i would have been stuck on fm without ur tactic, i dont have the time or patience to make a tactic, however hard or easy it is.

Thank you.

Mr Hough has to be the FM god of FM11, surely the joy his 4123 tactics has gave us all counts for something, and to be fair his latest tactics might not be as good as the 4123 but they are still a lot better than a lot of people can do, maybe we shouldnt judge his latest tactics on the 4123, maybe we should judge them on the tons of average tactics on here, then we might realise how good they are, also his tactics leading upto the 4123 where amazing, just take a look at the views downloads and replies he has had on all his tactics, i think the 4123 will be remembered in the same breath as the diablo, tho Mr Hough keep your chin up mate, im sure u will be back on fm11 and create some amazing tactic, as i have said before i would have been stuck on fm without ur tactic, i dont have the time or patience to make a tactic, however hard or easy it is.

Thank you.

FM11? :confused:

I'm disappointed that you have decided to not continue with making your winger tactic tbh, Dave :(

I'm sure you would have been able to crack it as you always seem to find a way! but i respect your decision and you have given me great enjoyment and success with FM10 this year so thanks.

I still have a glimmer of hope that you might change your mind though;) and keep going with the Winger tactic as it looked as if you were nearly there.

i'm using complete dominance from a year (more or less) and is amazing...i win all in every country against every team

now i'll use this 4-1-2-3 unbeaten final version

mr. hough we wait you in fm 2011 ...you have done an amazing job in fm 2010

fm 2009 was tyler bode for tactics........and Mr Hough has totally owned fm 2010 easy....cheers for ya tactics and making the game less frustrating for alot of people

look forward to winger tactics in Fm 2011

Thanks Mr Hough

I'm fairly new to Football Manager but have started using this tactic because of all the positive comments, but the last few games I've played, the players keep getting offside. Like one game I was offside 20 times and another game offside 16 times.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm fairly new to Football Manager but have started using this tactic because of all the positive comments, but the last few games I've played, the players keep getting offside. Like one game I was offside 20 times and another game offside 16 times.

What am I doing wrong?

There could be many reasons for this. One is that your players have low anticipation stats. If it's the strikers, then they're making their forward runs too early. If it's the midfielders, then they're possibly making through passes to the strikers too late. Or it could be a combination of both. Plus the opposing team is probably using the offside trap.

Are you still getting good results though? It will happen in some matches more than others.

i'm confused about the OP...

1. which one is the latest tactic???

2. which one is wizard final unbeaten??

3. what is the difference between update 17th/5/10 and the one after that?

he say the difference is OI, but hough didn't use OI???

help please..

i'm confused about the OP...

1. which one is the latest tactic???

2. which one is wizard final unbeaten??

3. what is the difference between update 17th/5/10 and the one after that?

he say the difference is OI, but hough didn't use OI???

help please..

1. The latest tactic is the last one in the OP.

2. The wizard final unbeaten is the second to last in the OP.

3. The difference is that one tactic is made in a classic way and the other is made using the tactics wizard/creator. Plus there are some differences in team instructions mainly, like different width, tempo, defensive line.

It's entirely up to you regarding the use of OIs. Some people use them and others don't. You can try using them and see if they work for you.

I still have a few formations up my sleeve but sadly i don't think a winger one will work as i want it to, I think it's the phisics of the ME, I just seem to concede to much and that is not good.

The formation i'm playing with now is a 4-2-3-1 but with 3 AMC's.

Working very good so far

1. The latest tactic is the last one in the OP.

2. The wizard final unbeaten is the second to last in the OP.

3. The difference is that one tactic is made in a classic way and the other is made using the tactics wizard/creator. Plus there are some differences in team instructions mainly, like different width, tempo, defensive line.

for number 3, i mean hough mentioned the difference is in the OI, but he didn't use it either, so i don't understand his statement???

for

It's entirely up to you regarding the use of OIs. Some people use them and others don't. You can try using them and see if they work for you.

for number 3, i mean hough mentioned the difference is in the OI, but he didn't use it either, so i don't understand his statement???

for

I still have a few formations up my sleeve but sadly i don't think a winger one will work as i want it to, I think it's the phisics of the ME, I just seem to concede to much and that is not good.

Working very good so far

You're teasing us again :-) but no.. I respect your decision to not post them anymore. I'm still enjoying your very first tactic and am very thankful for it!

Working very good so far

it is a shame that a winger tactic does not work right in the game,i have used many and made many for man utd and no luck,nearly every team in the world has and uses wingers.

it is a shame that a winger tactic does not work right in the game,i have used many and made many for man utd and no luck,nearly every team in the world has and uses wingers.

yeah true it's a massive shame and something SI will have to look at, I have no doubt that they are well aware of the ME issues and these will be rectified in FM11

dave hw do u post screenies, I got a feedback if u want =)

you have to use your Paint program on windows and press the print screen button your keyboard, Paste the image on to paint save the image and use a hosting website like Photobucket or Imageshack then copy the image link on to here is as pie.

mr hough you are obviously a tactic genius and know the game and match engine well.Playing through the middle is the way forward,what do you think about having a

gk

dr

dl

dc

dc

dmc

dmc

amc

amc

amc

sc

read on you thread that someone has had sucess with 3 amc,this will provide that and a striker among that to.Plus the dmc will they strengthen the defensive part .

a post i made mr hough a very long time ago,something i think is should look into,have seen a thread someone making similar formation and doing very well

post was made 22nd may,can you remember?page 25 half way down on this thread

a post i made mr hough a very long time ago,something i think is should look into,have seen a thread someone making similar formation and doing very well

post was made 22nd may,can you remember?page 25 half way down on this thread

No i can't remember at all lol, I might have a look if i go to a team that has alot of AMC's

No i can't remember at all lol, I might have a look if i go to a team that has alot of AMC's

It could work there is no reason why it wouldn't, the one thing you will have to be careful of is it being too attacking on the other hand having alot of players in midfield will help close play down and track the ball good.

Let me know how you get on with this

that was the comment what you made

I have tested for 2 seasons, Sunderland 1st season finished 10th, Sunderland 2nd season finished 8th but two cup finals but lost both. I either win 5-2 or lose 6-3. Crazy scorelines. Am i doing something wrong?

Which tactic are you using bud?