Story Ideas & Discussion Thread

Terk

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Folks, I was looking for a suggestion/advice on something.

I'm looking for a club who start off hamstrung with debt and financial troubles.

Utrecht, Dordrecht (in red for the past 3-4 FM editions).

Maybe "recht" means "in debt" in dutch.

Utrecht, Dordrecht (in red for the past 3-4 FM editions).

Maybe "recht" means "in debt" in dutch.

:) I like the theory.

I just loaded up a file with every nation selected, holidayed 20 days to let some expenditure kick in, before sorting by finances. One team are bankrupt: Amadora, and there's a good few teams insecure, including your Dordrecht mate, so good shout. Other good ones in that category are Deportivo, Kalamata, Lyn Oslo, Estoril.

So a bit of choice.

I was thinking of editing the database so that there is no promotion and relegation in Hong Kong and then adding Golden Sea, a club with financial difficulties, into the division. I would manage them hopefully to a win, and maybe to a title...

It will be called A (not so) Golden future, and will hopefully star another vulnerable human being, much like Martin McGoldrick... I just thought it would be a nice break from the norm, and was wondering if there is any demand for this kind of stuff here.

Hey guys, with me getting FM10 on Christmas I've decided to do myself a sign up game. Not sure how I'm going to set it up yet, whether it will be like my FMS Rejects story or somthing similar to Gennaros My Life in Your Hands story.

So all I'll need off you lot is the usual

Forum Username:

Name of Player:

Nationality:

Position: (pick two)

Favoured Team: (Just in case I edit you into a team)

Character Traits: (not essential, just means I can do a bit of background on your player)

PM me if your interested so not too clog up the story thread

PM sent. Just before Christmas.

On a side note, what happened to Offspring's transfer sign up story? I mean, we spent all that time negotiating deals like it's our last day on Earth, and now there's no word...

Well, recently my time has been spent on FM10 and trying to get a bit more of my stories done so that I am actually a decent spread ahead of what I'm posting :D

As well as that, I've been working to pay for Christmas prezzies, shopping, going out with some mates for festive parties and I have also been cut down by some form of flu (Whether that's Man/Swine/Regular or some new form of flu, I don't know :rolleyes:) and am therefor not particularly in the mood for writing :(

I will be posting again sometime, that's for sure. I don't want to just abandon it because, as you say, a lot of work went into that from you guys and a hell of a lot came from me as well and I think it would be a stupid waste if I stopped it after it's only just started.

So all my stuff will be resuming sometime, but for now I've taken a back seat role :)

Merry Christmas to all by the way, hope you all have a good one!

salkster2102, WLKRAS, Gavrenwick, SCIAG, Scottlee, Terk, minisav, BenArsenal, The RingMaster, Entombed, Celtic_1967, Elrithral, Manxie_Ash, copperhorse21, viperk1, Offspring8, Burgess Basso, tenthreeleader, Balthazars, Cardiovascular, Peacemaker7, Saxonaitor, swagat sinha got your PM's cheers guys

salkster2102, WLKRAS, Gavrenwick, SCIAG, Scottlee, Terk, minisav, BenArsenal, The RingMaster, Entombed, Celtic_1967, Elrithral, Manxie_Ash, copperhorse21, viperk1, Offspring8, Burgess Basso, tenthreeleader, Balthazars, Cardiovascular, Peacemaker7, Saxonaitor, swagat sinha, BobBev, Dalbeider got your PM's cheers guys

Mark, you're one of the few people who spells my username correctly, kudos :p

My stories might be put on the backburner for a couple of weeks (though I do have enough to keep going for about a week) as I try to sort out my ram issues, waiting for a 1gb upgrade and then have to try and work out how to install in a Vaio :confused:

Want to gauge an opinion please people.

You may (or may not) know that I generally post my updates as I write them. Usually this means they 'go live' within minutes of me finishing them. This is because I don't have time to write every day and I pretty much don't ever have time or the inclination to write more than one chapter at a time. As such you guys get updates as and when they are ready.

However that is likely to be different today and possibly over the rest of the week. As such would you guys rather I saved these up and just gave you one post a day or continue posting them as I've written them, even if that means you getting two or three posts on a single day?

Want to gauge an opinion please people.

You may (or may not) know that I generally post my updates as I write them. Usually this means they 'go live' within minutes of me finishing them. This is because I don't have time to write every day and I pretty much don't ever have time or the inclination to write more than one chapter at a time. As such you guys get updates as and when they are ready.

However that is likely to be different today and possibly over the rest of the week. As such would you guys rather I saved these up and just gave you one post a day or continue posting them as I've written them, even if that means you getting two or three posts on a single day?

You do it how I sometimes do. It's working fine for you, and I like that option as in some cases it keeps the game fresh for you etc.

But it is up to you.

Celtic, I'd say keep them saved and post one or two per day not because its a bad idea to write the way you do, but because it gives everyone a chance to see that the thread is updated and to read the new posts. That's just my opinion, you do whatever works best for you.

I generally take notes as I play and then write later, when I'm in the mood to. Problem with that (as has happened recently in Chimney Charlie story) is that I tend to get impatient, then I'll play several weeks or months ahead with no notes. Starts to become hard to remember everything I actually did in-game.

It's when you talk like that that it happens though. I'd never had a save corrupt and then I forgot to rename my Vasco story, started a new game and the autosave saved over it :( Absolutely gutting.

I minimise wordpad into the corner of the screen and type up the goals as they are scored, then bulk it out afterwards. I play roughly 1 tournament ahead each week.

Celtic, I write as the stuff gets posted and hope for the best that nothing gets corrupted. My frustration is that I play so much faster than I write. So, I usually have multiple saves going on at once. The one that I'm playing/writing at the same time and others where I just play for fun.

My preference is post it when it's ready. Folks can read it when they are ready. I make sure that I have numbered chapters so folks who take a break from my story to read others' might be able to remember where they are in the story a bit easier to resume reading mine.

Thanks people. I've decided to stick with my usual system of posting up whatever I've written on the basis that my story has a definite end to it. Unlike something like 'Rat Pack' which you get the impression will run and run until 10-3 gets fed up, my stories end point has already been decided, at which point I will move on and write the next story in the series.

I'm the latecomer to this discussion. Nothing new for me. :)

Celtic, you are doing the right thing in my mind. I post Rat Pack daily because quite frankly I think some people expect it of me (and I happen to love writing it). Do whatever makes you the most comfortable and makes it the easiest for you to write.

By the way, keep rolling saves and keep them backed up elsewhere. If I only had one Rat Pack save and it corrupted I think I'd consider suicide the easiest option. :)

Speaking of corrupted, it appears that I've lost my epic Man City save. (I may have a rolling save somewhere that I will try later though)

If it's well and truly gone though, then that's a real shame. It's the most successful I've ever gotten in FM. I just picked up the Community Shield to add to my league title and got into the most ridiculously easy Champions League group ever. The save conked out after the draw.

:(

EDIT: I managed to recover the game. All is well. :)

Archived