Neppo's Youth Player Project - FM10

I agree with the comments about a general lack of interaction this year... Honestly, I haven't had much to post about from my own saves so I've been checking this thread less often and when I do, I see 20+ new posts of players but not much else.

It's all set to change though as the first youth player to come through at Olimpo on the Argentine leg of my journeyman save is good enough to go straight into the 1st team squad. :thup: The report will have to wait though as I have an assignment to type up this week and I fear a quick check for info on my YP will turn into an all-evening FM session. :p

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with the comments about a general lack of interaction this year... Honestly, I haven't had much to post about from my own saves so I've been checking this thread less often and when I do, I see 20+ new posts of players but not much else.

It's all set to change though as the first youth player to come through at Olimpo on the Argentine leg of my journeyman save is good enough to go straight into the 1st team squad. :thup: The report will have to wait though as I have an assignment to type up this week and I fear a quick check for info on my YP will turn into an all-evening FM session. :p

A combination of the Careers Forum and horrible youths year after year make this year's Youth Project thread relatively quiet. I hope someone finds a Hall of Famer in FM10. :(

But I think I haven't posted my new youth intake at New York over here yet so I'll post that now. :D

Crazy Canuck YP Project - 2012

Stott and Rowe look like excelent propects Tom :thup: If their technical attributes improve, you could have 2 very good players on your hands!

Thanks. I'm really quite excited about them. The player I got closest to from last years youth projects on my game was Wilkinson who I got in the second intake, iirc, and both Stott and Rowe look far superior to how he started. Hopefully I can give them the games they need.

Truegunner - Great debut season from Estrella. :thup: It's a shame there hasn't been a massive improvement in his stats, although he is only 17 so plenty of time to grow yet. Solanas doesn't look too great (:D). Although, I always find it difficul to judge keepers and I get very disappointed when one comes through the youth system and is picked out. It's hard to get them game time. I think I'd loan him out for a couple of seasons.

rancer - Boytchuck looks like a great, young striker. A decent(ish) rate of goals for him at his age, and good to see him turn provider 9 times too. Shame there isn't a Canadian cap in there yet. Comer is another player who looks promising. It seems he's done well off the bench for the team. Nice to see that he can now play DL too. I'd say he needs to improve a little mentally, but that obviously comes with time. Finally, Paul Fox looks really good. He has a real good spread of attributes. Some gametime and possible tutoring could see him become a big star in the MLS. :thup:

rancer - Boytchuck looks like a great, young striker. A decent(ish) rate of goals for him at his age, and good to see him turn provider 9 times too. Shame there isn't a Canadian cap in there yet. Comer is another player who looks promising. It seems he's done well off the bench for the team. Nice to see that he can now play DL too. I'd say he needs to improve a little mentally, but that obviously comes with time. Finally, Paul Fox looks really good. He has a real good spread of attributes. Some gametime and possible tutoring could see him become a big star in the MLS. :thup:

Cheers tom. Just a couple things though (my season is nearly finished)

A little YP update:

Boytchuk will suit up for the USMNT. It's a matter of when and not if. And he's featured more heavily this season, and part of a 3 striker rotation. I've already released Comer because he didn't play a single game. I've given Fox a few games here and there, including some league games (there's also a fixture pileup somewhere). Tbh, MLS isn't really a league to develop youngsters. It's about winning in the present. :D

Boytchuk won't be leaving the club anytime soon, and Fox looks good enough to stay, if I don't get an even better youth player at his position. I'll take it year by year. :D

What's everyone's views on what I like to call, the Step Yp's. When you start your first season in a Small Club to Big Club challenge, and you have the Youth intake that arrived at the club like the day you did. I treat mine like I would step-kids, they're not official kids, but I still treat them the same. My one at my current club is really good, but I don't know if I should post about him because he's not really an 'official' YP of mine.

What's everyone's views on what I like to call, the Step Yp's. When you start your first season in a Small Club to Big Club challenge, and you have the Youth intake that arrived at the club like the day you did. I treat mine like I would step-kids, they're not official kids, but I still treat them the same. My one at my current club is really good, but I don't know if I should post about him because he's not really an 'official' YP of mine.

I say go for it. I'd love to see him. I have nothing wrong with that as I still see them as YP's.

A combination of the Careers Forum and horrible youths year after year make this year's Youth Project thread relatively quiet. I hope someone finds a Hall of Famer in FM10. :(

But I think I haven't posted my new youth intake at New York over here yet so I'll post that now. :D

Crazy Canuck YP Project - 2012

I really like both of those players rancer, they look like they'll develop well, might even get outside interest, depending on if they improve enough. Good luck with them :thup:

I would've rated him at more than 1.5 stars current, but I'm no scout/assistant manager.

To quote just hit the 'Reply' button of the post you want to quote, or to quote multiple posts use the '+ Quote' button on each post and then on the last post you wish to quote of the multiple posts hit 'Reply'. Hope that clears it up. Probably not worded great. :D

Alan Burrow - AML | Coach Report

End of Season One profile

End of Season Two profile

End of Season Three profile

End of Season Four profile

End of Season Five profile

End of Season Six profile

End of Season Seven profile

Season   Apps   Goals   Ass.   Avg Rating

2013/14   21      1      3       6.70
2014/15   32      5      4       6.91
2015/16   34      0      9       6.85
2016/17   15      1      5       6.77
2017/18   25      3      5       6.82
2018/19    0      0      1       6.83
[b]*Moved to Salisbury for £8,000*[/b]
2019/20   38      4      8       7.02     
----------------------------------------
Total:   165      14     34        -

Achievements

Alan found his feet at Salisbury and had a great season. I would say he could do a decent job for a BSP side as well, Salisbury are in the BSS atm. :thup:

Truegunners Youth Projects - FC Andorra

YP1 - Ivan Jesus Estrella

Inital Profile

Season Two

Season Three

Season    Division     Appearances  Goals  Assists   MOTM  Av Rat
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Tereca          31(1)       10      13      0     7.15
2011/12   Segunda B       39           7       9      3     6.97
Total                     70(1)       17      22      3     -

This year in some ways could be considered better, his average rating did slip but he was playing at a higher level, I capped him a few times for the U21s(I'm manager of Andorra U21s) hence his low amount of caps, he has performed solidly and his stats have now improved my coachs rating of him has gone to 4 stars and rates him as a decent Liga adelante midfielder! and has the potential to be a leading adelante midfielder! he is also wanted by a small number of clubs, this may be the start of a legend!

YP2 - Atonio Solanas

Inital Profile

Season Two

Season    Division       Appearances  Goals  Assists   MOTM  Av Rat
2011/12   Segunda B           0         0       0      0       -
Total                         0         0       0      0       -

poor season, didn't play once and I couldn't loan him out, so he just rotted in the U19s, he did manage to get his debut for Andorra though, at the moment Solanas has lost his one star and now the assistant dosen't even rate him! if I don't loan him out this year; then he will be released

YP3 - David Padraja

Inital Profile

Not bad he has a 3 star potential rating, he looks like a useful backup, he should be quite handy for the 6 u23s rule in the league i'm in, I am worried about his crossing,marking and passing abilities as they are key for his postion, but he is only young so in time I will train him

Truegunner - I agree with what you've said about Estrella. He really does seemed to have taken to the step up well. He has shown a little improvement over the last couple of years, and is still only 18 so plenty more time to grow as a player. 7 senior caps under his belt along with a goal at national level is also great for him. :thup: It's a shame Solanos doesn't have the ability to get games. As I said before, it's difficult to give GKs playing tim (in my experience), and not every player who comes through the youth setup is going to be a superstar unfortunately. Looks like he's on his way out. Pedraja doesn't look too bad. He's got good acceleration and fitness which should come in useful. He's not the best technically with some poor stats such as his crossing and passing, but his dribbling skill looks promising. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on Estrella. Good luck with him! :thup:

FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin

Vivaldy Joaquim (my step-youthplayer), AMRL/ST

Année un

Année deux

Année trois

Année quatre

Année huit

Année neuf

Season    Division   Appearances  Goals  Assists   MOTM  
2010/11   National      13(9)     0       2        0  
2011/12   National      13(11)    7       4        2  
2012/13   National      26(2)    12       8        3
2013/14   National      32(2)     9      11        2
2014/15   Ligue 2        5(11)    2       1        1  
2017/18   Ligue 2       37       16      13        6   *ON LOAN*
2018/19   Ligue 2       34        9       8        3   *ON LOAN*
Total                  164(35)   55      47       17    

Résumé: This is my step-youthplayer. He arrived at the club the same day I did. I couldn't believe it when I looked in the U18's and saw a player whom my assistant rated higher than most of the first team, he also boasted a nice PA according to my assistant. Nine years later and now look at him! At the end of the 2014/15 season, following our relegation he wanted a move. He signed for AS Monaco for 775K. Following 2 years of football there, he only played 12 times (including sub appearances). I needed a loan signing in 2017/18, so turned to my old Youth Player. He has served me well in the 2 season's he's been on loan with us. I don't know how long Monaco will let me renew the loan contract, or if they'll ever sell him to me. We shall see!

# # #

Jérôme Hebert, D/MR

Initiale profil

Année un

Année deux

Résumé: In his second season at the club, Hebert continued his development as a player. Despite not having as many first team games due to a new RB coming into the club, he still has a bright future at the club.

2017/18   Ligue 2      28 (5)     1       6        1  
2018/19   Ligue 2       5(16)     1       0        0  
Total                  33(21)     2       6        1    

Paul - Quite an interesting career Joaquim is having. Leaving your club only to return for a two year loan spell. I think that's the best thing for him at the moment though as he seems to be doing well for you. His most recent season didn't quite match up to the 17/18 season, but he's still doing his bit. Where do you play him? As a striker or a winger? Him being able to use both feet must be a handy thing to have. Herbert seems to be doing fairly well as well. He has a solid average rating for a young player. He seems to be coming on nicely in terms of mental ability. :thup:

Ah, I see. That's reflected in the amount of goals he scored. I think I would personally play him up front, but if you say that it benefits the team when he's out on the wing then that's probably better.

Mini Youth Update

- Josh Rivers (YP3) and Andy Rowe (YP2) have both been called up to the England 19s squad.

- Craig Stott (YP1) has signed a £300/week full time deal and is now valued at £150,000.

Hopefully the two call ups will see my youths getting a little international experience. I really do hope so.

Well that went well. Both Rivers and Rowe made their U19 debut and both came back injured. Only minor injuries, but injuries nevertheless. Rivers managed 9 minutes before coming off, and Rowe managed 31 minutes. Ah well.

That is never good. Minor, how? Less than a week? A couple weeks?

Halfway through January (18th) 2011 and Fulham have just declared their interest in Craig Stott (YP1). Hopefully I can hold out for a couple of weeks until the transfer window shuts. It'd be a shame to see him go already. He's just scored his first goal for the club as well.

2013 Update

The latest update in my career game. Boytchuk is getting interest from FC Seoul (rejected the offers), Comer is still at Portland (and still not playing any games, might be a bit bugged...), and Paul Fox is getting interest from MLS and Bundesliga clubs. FC Dallas have twice offered 1st Round Picks for him but I rather sell him to a European club.

Boytchuk was also called to the USMNT for the 2014 World Cup but didn't play a single minute.

rancer - In terms of goals, Boytchuck has built on last season. His stats are looking great, especially mentally where he has made some great improvements. He's got a fantastic average rating too. Looks like Comer's career could be coming to a standstill already. His change in facial expression pretty much sums it up. He hasn't really improved, and if what you say is true about the clubs outside the MLS and PDL not playing games then it looks like he won't improve much without a move. A big amount of sub appearances for Fox there. Do you think he'll be able to feature next season? You could always try and cash in on him if there is interest. Finally, it's a shame that you couldn't find at suitable youth project this season. We all have those 'off' intakes.

rancer - In terms of goals, Boytchuck has built on last season. His stats are looking great, especially mentally where he has made some great improvements. He's got a fantastic average rating too. Looks like Comer's career could be coming to a standstill already. His change in facial expression pretty much sums it up. He hasn't really improved, and if what you say is true about the clubs outside the MLS and PDL not playing games then it looks like he won't improve much without a move. A big amount of sub appearances for Fox there. Do you think he'll be able to feature next season? You could always try and cash in on him if there is interest. Finally, it's a shame that you couldn't find at suitable youth project this season. We all have those 'off' intakes.

It's Boytchuk btw... :D

I played a couple months into the current MLS season, and Boytchuk is featuring in around the same amount of games as last year. I haven't been starting him because I have 2 other fantastic strikers who are just scoring buckets of goals and I don't want to have one of them start on the bench since they're scoring a lot. But he's still very solid and he'll play his share of games so my starters can get a rest.

I'm a bit disappointed about Comer as well. But I don't think I'll play him if I resign him.

Fox had a lot of sub appearances simply because of the number of games I had. It's early and he hasn't played a game yet, but I would play him if it would get me a nice profit, or I can trade him to FC Dallas for allocation money (at least $1.5 million).

Disappointed with the bad intake, but I had no number to register them anyways and I waived all the new youths.

It's Boytchuk btw... :D

I played a couple months into the current MLS season, and Boytchuk is featuring in around the same amount of games as last year. I haven't been starting him because I have 2 other fantastic strikers who are just scoring buckets of goals and I don't want to have one of them start on the bench since they're scoring a lot. But he's still very solid and he'll play his share of games so my starters can get a rest.

I'm a bit disappointed about Comer as well. But I don't think I'll play him if I resign him.

Fox had a lot of sub appearances simply because of the number of games I had. It's early and he hasn't played a game yet, but I would play him if it would get me a nice profit, or I can trade him to FC Dallas for allocation money (at least $1.5 million).

Disappointed with the bad intake, but I had no number to register them anyways and I waived all the new youths.

I'll get it right sometime. :D

There isn't much point taking on unnecessary youths, and if you had no numbers to register then it worked out kind of well.

I must say, I am quite interested in starting a game in the MLS just to try and learn about the whole draft system etc... as I don't really have much of a clue about it right now.

Truegunners Youth Projects - FC Andorra

YP1 - Ivan Jesus Estrella

Inital Profile

Season Two

Season Three

Season Four

Season    Division     Appearances  Goals  Assists   MOTM  Av Rat
2010/11   Tereca          31(1)       10      13      0     7.15
2011/12   Segunda B       39           7       9      3     6.97
2012/13   Segunda B       47           6      19      5     7.12
Total                     117(1)      23      41      8     -

Another great year! I seriously don't know what to do with him, he has had preobably his best season to date and now he has been rated as a decent adelante player, since this is the league I'm going to, he should be good enough to be in my starting XI,

currently Estrella is wanted by a number of clubs, I am worried I might not be able to keep him, but I think I can ;) he is also currently Andorras best talent! I have high hopes for him :)

YP2 - Atonio Solanas

Inital Profile

Season Two

Season Three

2011/12   Segunda B           0         0       0      0       -
2012/13   Segunda B           0         0       0      0       -
Total                         0         0       0      0       -

This player is so poor, I will release him, now were going to higher he dosen't make the grade

YP3 - David Padraja

Inital Profile

Season Two

2011/12   Segunda B           18        0      0     0       6.77
Total                         18        0      0     0       -

An ok debut season, however I forgot to renew his contract so he left on a free transfer, but he wouldn't be able to play at adelante level, he most likly would have been loaned out

YP4 - Willy Berger

meh - no stand out ability, has a two star potential rating, not very impressive, still I might play him in a cup game or two for experience

Truegunner - Estrella certainly is still looking fantastic. A brilliant season. A fantastic average rating and 19 assists as well. You really should hang on to him if you can. He'll become an Andorran legend!

Solanos certainly does look worth offloading. He hasn't improved at all, and if you're not going to be giving him games then he may as well be released. Hopefully he can find a suitable home at a lower league club.

Padraja did OK. He showed some good improvement over the season, but I wouldn't class him as a good player. I wouldn't be too downbeat about him leaving on a free. :D

You haven't included a profile image for Berger. I don't know if this was intentional as he doesn't sound great, but still I'd like to see him.

My update is about to come too! :thup:

tomsmith1989's Leeds United Youth Project

End of the 10/11 Season (Season 2)

A Quick Summary

[b]Youth Player Current Club     Apps. Goals Assists MoMs Av.Rating  Years Active[/b]
[color=SeaGreen]1            Leeds United     23    1     3       1    6.96       2010 -
2            Leeds United     6     0     0       0    6.96       2010 -
3            Leeds United     4     0     0       0    6.68       2010 -
4            Leeds United     0     0     0       0    0.00       2011 - [/color]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The New Boy

Youth Project 4 - Liam English (DL)

English

Left Foot: Very Strong

Right Foot: Reasonable

PPMs: None

Initial Profile|Initial Report

I think English will spell trouble for Rivers(YP3), as English is a much greater prospect. The report suggests he has Premiership potential, and so in an attempt to help him reach that he definitely will be looked to instead of Rivers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youth Project 1 - Craig Stott (DM,MC)

English

Left Foot: Very Weak

Right Foot: Very Strong

End of Season 1 Profile

[b]Club           Season     Division              Games     Goals     Assists     MoMs     Rating[/b]
Leeds United   10/11      League One            19(4)     1         3           1        6.96
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                           19(4)     1         3           1        6.96

Stott had a decent debut season. His first goal for the club was an absolute cracker from outside the box, and in the same match he claimed his first MoM. His average rating has kept solid throughout the season. A good start.

Seasonal Attribute Change

|----------------|---|-------------|---|---------------|---|
|[b]Technical[/b]       |+/-|[b]Mental[/b]       |+/-|[b]Physical[/b]       |+/-|
|Corners         | - |Aggression   | - |Acceleration   | - |
|Crossing        | - |[color=SeaGreen]Anticipation [/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|Agility        | - |
|Dribbling       | - |Bravery      | - |Balance        | - |
|Finishing       | - |[color=SeaGreen]Composure    [/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|Jumping        | - |
|[color=SeaGreen]First Touch[/color]     | [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|Concentration| +2|Natural Fitness| - |
|Free Kick Taking| - |[color=Lime]Creativity   [/color]| [color=Lime]+2[/color]|[color=SeaGreen]Pace           [/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|
|[color=SeaGreen]Heading         [/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|[color=Lime]Decisions    [/color]| [color=Lime]+2[/color]|[color=Lime]Stamina        [/color]| [color=Lime]+2[/color]|
|[color=Lime]Long Shots[/color]      | [color=Lime]+2[/color]|Determination| +1|[color=Lime]Strength       [/color]| [color=Lime]+2[/color]|
|Long Throws     | - |Flair        | - |---------------|---|
|[color=SeaGreen]Marking         [/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|[color=SeaGreen]Influence    [/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|
|[color=SeaGreen]Passing         [/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|[color=SeaGreen]Off The Ball[/color] | [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|
|Penalty Taking  | - |[color=SeaGreen]Positioning  [/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|
|[color=SeaGreen]Tackling        [/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|[color=SeaGreen]Teamwork     [/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|
|Technique       | - |Work Rate    | - |
|----------------|---|-------------|---|

Stott has made some great progress mentally. I would have liked to see a little more technical progression, but he is still only young.

Youth Project 2 - Andy Rowe (DRL)

English

Left Foot: Weak

Right Foot: Very Strong

End of Season 1 Profile

[b]Club           Season     Division              Games     Goals     Assists     MoMs     Rating[/b]
Leeds United   10/11      League One            4(2)      0         0           0        6.96
Total                                           4(2)      0         0           0        6.96

Didn't see much action as I had much better DRs who got plenty of game time and avoided injury. When he was called upon he did the job well.

|[b]Technical[/b]       |+/-|[b]Mental[/b]       |+/-|[b]Physical[/b]       |+/-|
|Crossing        | - |Anticipation | - |[color=Red]Agility        [/color]| [color=Red]-1[/color]|
|Dribbling       | - |Bravery      | - |[color=Red]Balance        [/color]| [color=Red]-1[/color]|
|Finishing       | - |Composure    | - |Jumping        | - |
|First Touch     | - |Concentration| - |Natural Fitness| - |
|Free Kick Taking| - |Creativity   | - |Pace           | - |
|Heading         | - |Decisions    | - |Stamina        | - |
|Long Shots      | - |Determination| - |Strength       | - |
|[color=Red]Long Throws[/color]     | [color=Red]-1[/color]|Flair        | - |---------------|---|
|Marking         | - |Influence    | - |
|Passing         | - |Off The Ball | - |
|[color=Red]Penalty Taking[/color]  | [color=Red]-1[/color]|Positioning  | - |
|Tackling        | - |Teamwork     | - |
|Technique       | - |[color=Red]Work Rate[/color]    | [color=Red]-1[/color]|

Rowe has made backward steps in his first year of development. He has not improved in one single area of his game, and instead has fallen back in several. It looks as those he will be slipping out of the team this year, and I see his footblling career being elsewhere.

Youth Project 3 - Josh Rivers

English

Left Foot: Very Strong

Right Foot: Reasonable

End of Season 1 Profile

Leeds United   10/11      League One            2(2)      0         0           0        6.68
Total                                           2(2)      0         0           0        6.68

As predicted he saw the least amount of games. When he did play, he didn't particularly impress and as I was pushng for promotion I couldn't take chances on him. Another YP who probably won't find success at this club.

|[color=SeaGreen]Crossing        [/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|Anticipation | - |Agility        | - |
|Dribbling       | - |Bravery      | - |Balance        | - |
|Finishing       | - |Composure    | - |Jumping        | - |
|First Touch     | - |[color=SeaGreen]Concentration[/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|Natural Fitness| - |
|Free Kick Taking| - |[color=SeaGreen]Creativity   [/color]| [color=SeaGreen]+1[/color]|Pace           | - |
|Heading         | - |Decisions    | - |Stamina        | - |
|Long Shots      | - |Determination| - |Strength       | - |
|Long Throws     | - |Flair        | - |---------------|---|
|Marking         | - |Influence    | - |
|Passing         | - |Off The Ball | - |
|Penalty Taking  | - |Positioning  | - |
|Tackling        | - |Teamwork     | - |
|Technique       | - |Work Rate    | - |

Rivers has shown minimal improvement over the course of the season. Unlike Rowe, he managed to move forward with his development.

Note: * denotes loan

Youth of United (Adelaide That Is) - Ethan13 (2019/20 Update)

YP1- Dale Currie

Position: Defender/Wing Back (Right, Left)

Nationality: Australian

Club of origin: Adelaide United

Current club: Adelaide United

Initial Profile (June 2015) --- Initial Coach Report --- Initial Personal page

End of Season 1

End of Season 2

End of Season 3

End of Season 4

End of Season 5

Career Stats-

Season      Team              Games    Goals   Assists   MOM  Average Rating
2015/16     Adelaide United   20(7)      1      3        1    7.08
2016/17     Adelaide United   34(4)      0      5        0    7.10
2017/18     Adelaide United   26(5)      0      2        0    7.12
2018/19     Adelaide United   30(2)      0      5        0    7.28
2019/20     Adelaide United   32(6)      0      1        0    7.19
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                         142(24)    1      16       1    7.15

Comment- Another good season and has signed a new contract that will keep him at the club until 2023.

YP2- Andrew Ferrante

Position: Defender/Wing Back (Right), Defensive Midfielder, Midfielder (Right, Centre)

Initial Profile (June 2018) --- Initial Coach Report --- Initial Personal page

End of Season 1

End of Season 2

Career Stats-

2018/19     Adelaide United   24(13)      0      8        1    7.12
2019/20     Adelaide United   28(12)      1      6        0    7.11
Total                         52(25)      0      8        1    7.11

Comment- Another good season, not sure where he will be played in the future though as at the moment I am just using him where ever I need.

YP3- Oliver Cole

Position: Defender, Midfielder (Right)

Initial Profile (June 2019) --- Initial Coach Report --- Initial Personal page

End of Season 1

Career Stats-

2018/19     Adelaide United   1(2)      1      0        0    7.17
Total                         1(2)      1      0        0    7.17

Comment- Only played the 3 games but did manage to score a goal. Spent the season in the youth team.

Youth of the World Unite! DodgeeD's Global Youth Development Project, Part 2: Argentina

Having moved on from Hong Kong to Argentina in my career game, a new chapter has now opened as I try to find some of the finest youngsters South America has to offer. My new club, Olimpo de Bahia Blanca, is based in Argentina's basketball heartland so don't be surprised if I get a few giants through. :D

Having said that, my first young Argie is 175cm tall. :rolleyes: Presenting:

Hernan Fernandez (DL)

Intitial Profile | Intitial report

A left-back who also has a decent right foot and could be trained to play on the right for cover. I lost my best left-back at the end of last season so he becomes number 2 in the first team squad immediately. My coaches say he's almost as good as my other left-back already with the potential to succeed in the Argentine top flight.

Looks good to me but, then again, after the regens I got in Hong Kong, that's not too hard! Speaking of which, here's the latest on:

Wong Kwok Keung

Unfortunately, after I left Tai Po, he was dropped from the first-team squad by the new boss and transfer-listed. Over the summer he moved to Hong Kong 1st Division side Sha Tin for a mere 1k but hopefully he'll get some playing time there. It's not all bad for him though as he has won his first full cap for the national side, coming on in a 1-0 win over Burundi last April. :thup:

FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin

Année un

Année deux

Année trois

Année quatre

Année huit

Année neuf

Année dix

2010/11   National      32         0       2        0  
2011/12   National      24         7       4        2  
2012/13   National      28        12       8        3
2013/14   National      34         9      11        2
2014/15   Ligue 2       16         2       1        1  
2017/18   Ligue 2       37        16      13        6   *ON LOAN*
2018/19   Ligue 2       34         9       8        3   *ON LOAN*
2019/20   Ligue 2       32         7       8        1   *ON LOAN*
Total                  237        62      55       18    

Résumé: This season he was put back up-front. He did alright, not great considering he scored more in midfield last season. Now onto the more interesting news. He has one year left on his Monaco contract, so if I can get Monaco to loan him to me for another season, then effectively, they will have paid 800K or so for just 12 games. Well, I can't see him signing a new contract, and when it does run out, surely he would join his favorite club and manager! You can't see this yet, but about 4 days after this screenshot was taken he declared himself eligible for The Congo and scored on his International debut. He's been eligble for them since the start of the game, but he's always only been interested in France, presumably now he's realised he isn't good enough, he should have a good International career for The Congo though.

# # #

Jérôme Hebert, D/MR

Initiale profil

Année un

Année deux

Année trois

Résumé:

He found himself back in the first this year, with Joaquim primarily up-front, he was back on the right side of midfield. He had a solid season there, and seems to be improving, if not stats then by his on the pitch performances. I'm hoping for another good season from him next year. He's a bit strange though, his crossing isn't that low, but he literally never crosses, he prefers to come in to the box and pass it to someone, who then usually sets the scorer up.

2017/18   Ligue 2      32           1       6        1  
2018/19   Ligue 2      21           1       0        0  
2018/19   Ligue 2      25           3       2        3  
Total                  78           5       8        4    

Youth of United (Adelaide That Is) - Ethan13 (2019/20 Update)

YP1- Dale Currie

Position: Defender/Wing Back (Right, Left)

Initial Profile (June 2015) --- Initial Coach Report --- Initial Personal page

End of Season 1

End of Season 2

End of Season 3

End of Season 4

End of Season 5

End of Season 6

Career Stats-

2015/16     Adelaide United   20(7)      1      3        1    7.08
2016/17     Adelaide United   34(4)      0      5        0    7.10
2017/18     Adelaide United   26(5)      0      2        0    7.12
2018/19     Adelaide United   30(2)      0      5        0    7.28
2019/20     Adelaide United   32(6)      0      1        0    7.19
2020/21     Adelaide United   37         0      4        0    7.16
Total                         179(24)    1      16       1    7.15

Comment- Has now made over 200 appearances for the club and is doing well.

YP2- Andrew Ferrante

Position: Defender/Wing Back (Right), Defensive Midfielder, Midfielder (Right, Centre)

Initial Profile (June 2018) --- Initial Coach Report --- Initial Personal page

End of Season 1

End of Season 2

End of Season 3

Career Stats-

Season      Team              Games    Goals   Assists   MOM Average Rating
2018/19     Adelaide United   24(13)      0      8        1    7.12
2019/20     Adelaide United   28(12)      1      6        0    7.11
2020/21     Adelaide United   27(5)       2      10       0    7.26
Total                         79(30)      3      24       1    7.15

Comment- Continues to improve and hopefully will be around for a long time.

YP3- Oliver Cole

Position: Defender, Midfielder (Right)

Initial Profile (June 2019) --- Initial Coach Report --- Initial Personal page

End of Season 1

End of Season 2

Career Stats-

2019/20     Adelaide United   1(2)      1      0        0    7.17
2020/21     Adelaide United   11(22)    1      8        0    6.98
Total                         12(24)    2      0        0    6.99

Comment- Got more game time this year and should get even more next season.

No new youth players worth reporting about this season.

FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin

Année un

Année deux

Année trois

Année quatre

Année huit

Année neuf

Année dix

Année onze

2010/11   National      32         0       2        0  
2011/12   National      24         7       4        2  
2012/13   National      28        12       8        3
2013/14   National      34         9      11        2
2014/15   Ligue 2       16         2       1        1  
2017/18   Ligue 2       37        16      13        6   *ON LOAN*
2018/19   Ligue 2       34         9       8        3   *ON LOAN*
2019/20   Ligue 2       32         7       8        1   *ON LOAN*
2020/21   Ligue 2       32        11       6        1   *ON LOAN*
Total                  269        73      61       19    

Résumé: Joaquim had a good season this year, playing up-front. He scored some crucial goes that were very helpful in our Ligue 2 win. I'm not sure if he will feature in our side when we are in Ligue 1 next season, only time will tell.

# # #

Jérôme Hebert, D/MR

Initiale profil

Année un

Année deux

Année trois

Année quatre

Résumé: Hebert was our starting RM this season, he's still not confident enough to cross the ball that often, he normally cuts in from the right and passes it to someone. He still had a very good season until getting injured, even making it in the Ligue 2 team of the year! Lets hope he can cut it in Ligue 1!

2017/18   Ligue 2      32           1       6        1  
2018/19   Ligue 2      21           1       0        0  
2019/20   Ligue 2      25           3       2        3 
2020/21   Ligue 2      28           4       6        5 
Total                 106           9      14        9    

just had a quick look at last years thread, and found an amazing statistic. This time last year, The Youth Project thread had FOURTEEN PAGES!!!

Whaaaat? That's remarkable. It seems to have taken a dive this year which is a real shame. I find it gets more interesting when somebody get a son in game and we can follow their career, although I still enjoy this thread as regens and how they develop is one of my favourite parts of the game.

Guest roberto922

I haven't been in the thread much because of the completely average dross coming out of my academy, got the reset date in a month so hopefully I'll have someone decent come through

Evora Youth Project

In this section I will basically be following the career of the best player through my academy, and also if I buy a star youth their career as well. Players are through my academy.

Player 1: Pedro Alexandre Pinheiro (MC)

Starting Profile (June 2014)

|----------|-------|------|------|-----|------|
|  Season  | Games | Goal | Asst | MoM | AvgR |
| 2014/15  |  0(0) |   0  |   0  |  0  | 0.00 |

Not the best starting player, but will give him more of a shot than the three I had so far. More likely to start this properly in another year once I make Liga Sagres.

and here it is...

Youth Player 1

Steve Muggleton DM,MC - 2012 Intake - Initial Profile

End of Season 1 Profile

End of Season 2 Profile

Other:

Club Vice-Captain

Season   Club        League   Games   Goals   Assists   MoM   Av.Rating
12/13    Maidstone   BSS      41      1       1         1     6.80
13/14    Maidstone   BSS      42      1       7         0     6.89
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                         83      2       8         1

A brilliant start to his career from the young player, he is already one of the better players in the league and could probably do well in the BSP and possibly League 2 with the right players around him.

I haven't been in the thread much because of the completely average dross coming out of my academy, got the reset date in a month so hopefully I'll have someone decent come through
The reason I am not in here as much is because I have decided not to track every player. I have an update to give soon though.

Its the same for a lot of people. For the sake of thread activity, this obviously isn't great. However, I know that once I go 10 seasons in, tracking all 10 players, was taking me 3-4 Hours per update. 6 or 7 of those players were living in irrelevant careers. So yeah, tracking the decent ones is a smart move. Kind of veers away from the point of the thread, but ahhh well... can't win 'em all :D

To be honest with the advent and rise of the career forum its now either irrelevent or too tricky to track our youth players as we no longer stay at one club for the duration of our careers.

Though looking back at my career there are a number of players I've had at various clubs that I kind of wish I'd kept tabs on :(

With my 'jouneyman' career this time, I'm aiming to keep tabs on at least one YP at each club. All the ones I got in hong Kong were really poor, even by that league's standards! It's looking up though as my first kid through in Argentina is a first team regular already. :thup:

Archived