China Creation - Unbeatable!

gotta say this formation is sweet!! bought too many strikers for leeds and this is the best formation for the squad i assembled! top of the league 3pts clear 2 games in hand after playin 15 with a goal difference of +28. one point to make tho... make sure you have quick defenders and maybe tweak the high line your defenders take because if your up against a quick forward line they will flirt with offside for the whole game and eventually one or two of these chances will work!

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tried a lot of different alterations to this since I was conceeding too much for my taste. When I tried various defensive moves with my CBs and defensive line to fight the 1on1s all that happened was that I actually kept conceeding and this time around the opposition had more shots and more clear cut chances.

Then, I tried to move the CBs mentality up by 2 steps, making them more offensive. This was to combat the space between midfield and CBs... Now I have yet to conceede after playing Everton and Olympiakos, both away, ending in 4-0 and 3-0 wins. They still have more shots than in the original version, but much less clear cut chances and almost no 1on1s with my keeper. It's still only 2 games but I've played and re-loaded these two games many times and this is by far the best version I've gotten so far.

Anyone else want to try this change and see how it goes for them? I'm playing with Arsenal. The possession is still very high and passing keeps on a great %.

Just to make them more offensive, and let us know how it goes!

EDIT; I now beat West Ham at home with 3-2 after Diamanti scoring twice against me. Is it just me or does this formation have a little trouble with teams that are packing the central space with 4-3-2-1 formation? I dominated the game (14-5 shots and 58-42% posession) but they still seem more dangerous then other formations? I've played this game with both original version (lost 0-1) and with this alteration now winning 3-2.

After that was a meeting with Standard in CL. They play 4-2-3-1 so this was intresting so see that I now beat them 5-0 despite Vela missing a penaltykick. Total domination, but I've managed to loose this exact game with original version by 0-1.

Also, am I right when I say that this formation is earning A LOT of penalties?

Seems like you've got the always winning formula. And all you have to do was just push the CBs mentality up by 2 steps.

Is it me or with this tactic you play one of the sexiest football ever? I think I'm in love. LOL

Amazing Tactic i was sitting in 19th With Grimsby I'm Now Up To 9th and looking like playoffs are a posibility.

Hi, Did you make any changes to the tactic? Im struggling to get it going with Grimsby, But i did disable transfer's in first window and no decent player's want to come on loan.

Got a few player's coming in January though, Can't wait for January! The midfielders atm are not any good. :(

Did manage to snap up Willy Topp on a free transfer, He scored 4 goals in his 2nd game but has not scored since.

43881713.jpg

Lee_the_pea - what formation is your version? What have you changed? What results are you getting with your version?

formation.th.jpg

only played 5 games with it so far so still testing, 1st season almost done now will post results after final game. ive already said on page 1 what ive changed

Hi, Did you make any changes to the tactic? Im struggling to get it going with Grimsby, But i did disable transfer's in first window and no decent player's want to come on loan.

Got a few player's coming in January though, Can't wait for January! The midfielders atm are not any good. :(

Did manage to snap up Willy Topp on a free transfer, He scored 4 goals in his 2nd game but has not scored since.

Hi Bakermush, You a Grimsby Local Aswell? (I'm half and half work in Portsmouth Live in Grimsby) Anyways Only changes i made is CD's up 2 notches on mentality and brought the Defensive line to 16, but i watch key highlights and the more/less there getting "in" is when i adjust it and if i get a 2 goal lead on 60 mins ill bring team mentality to Normal and Def Line to Normal (notch 10 sliders).

Also Micheal Bridges is being a bit of a Legend for me aswell, during Januray i would receommend you buy Oumar Tchonmogo (actually i recemmond him for all lower league) He's like 2k and well better than forbes! (I'm over my wage budget too between Topp & Bridges greedy bartenders)

In my screenie there are my transfers my best performers and Legaue table just to show the rest of the guys here how awesome this tactic is considering Grimsby are predicted 21st!

gyforum.th.jpg

Seems like you've got the always winning formula. And all you have to do was just push the CBs mentality up by 2 steps.

Is it me or with this tactic you play one of the sexiest football ever? I think I'm in love. LOL

big_bob

Have you just moved the CB's mentality up 2 notches only, or have you adjusted the team mentality or defensive line?

Indeed. Ran over Liverpool away with 4-1 in a splendid performance. Could've gone in a different direction though since they also had a few chances.

Ohwell, I was also handed todays second defeat. This time to Standard Liege away. 3-2. Again, we can see the pattern. I rarely conceede any goals now, but against a team like Standard who play 4-2-3-1 the pressure on the back 4 and Fabregas just gets too heavy. They had 6 clear cut chances. So did we though. I've never seen my team screw that many opportunities up. For example we had 3 shots in the woodwork and countless good opportunities. Anyhow...

We need to figure out a way to combat the teams that are packing a lot of people between our back 4 and our only center-mid.

Any ideas?

Not sure if the defensive line or anything with the centrebacks are the solution here...

since i changed my formation slightly ive only conceded 1 goal in 6 games

RESULTS: http://img524.imageshack.us/i/resultsv.jpg/

ive got three games left now, im 1st in prem, level with chelsea on points, my final game will be against liverpool , wish me luck

Good Luck , Lee.

Also just had a "flutter" with your tactic it seems to be a lot more solid all around won 1 - 0 and dominated. Not as attacking (obviously) But see how it goes for me ;)

Indeed. Ran over Liverpool away with 4-1 in a splendid performance. Could've gone in a different direction though since they also had a few chances.

Ohwell, I was also handed todays second defeat. This time to Standard Liege away. 3-2. Again, we can see the pattern. I rarely conceede any goals now, but against a team like Standard who play 4-2-3-1 the pressure on the back 4 and Fabregas just gets too heavy. They had 6 clear cut chances. So did we though. I've never seen my team screw that many opportunities up. For example we had 3 shots in the woodwork and countless good opportunities. Anyhow...

We need to figure out a way to combat the teams that are packing a lot of people between our back 4 and our only center-mid.

Any ideas?

Not sure if the defensive line or anything with the centrebacks are the solution here...

mind uploading yours mate?

I made a similar tweak to Lee. Finished the second half of the season with it using pretty much the starting blackburn squad, got them into tenth in the end after a dreadful start to the season.

Start of the second season with just two signings - Honda and Hassli, played 8 games, won 5, drawn 1 and lost 2 (man U and Everton, who were lucky).

Brilliant tactic. Still wouldn't mind if someone can replicate it's success using the tactics creator though. Going into tactics and tweaking sliders is such a hassle compared to just giving a touchline instruction.

Oh, I also left one of the CM;s with a farrow - seems to suit Honda and Andrews better. I left the barrow on the other side for Reid/Emerton/Nzonzi whoever plays there.

Just trying this in a Champions League Best Placed Playoff match with Everton against Real Madrid (figured I had nothing to lose!)

48 minutes in, 2-0 Everton.

58 minutes, 2-2. ^^

But I battered them - it was two free-kicks from Kaka that gave Madrid a result.

Looks to be a top, top tactic.

EDIT:

Aston Villa 1 - 3 Everton: Cardozo (2), Ashton.

The tweaked version certainly seems tighter at the back, good work there Lee but the attacking side of the original tactics is lost a little which can only be expected, I suppose.

I have found that opponents seem to be restricted to long shots which IRL would be ideal although in FM10, it could be the undoing of me.

I've raised the mentality very slightly to see if I can find a compromise between defence and attack and I'll see how things go.

Good work so far.

mind uploading yours mate?

Here it is:

http://jump.fm/VMEFT

But I'm thinking Lee's tactic might be more solid. Would be nice if someone would do some objective testing though :)

As of right now I've conceeded 13 goals in 19 games, but scored 52. This include away-games against Liverpool, United and Real Madrid, plus one home-game against Real Madrid.

The tweaked version certainly seems tighter at the back, good work there Lee but the attacking side of the original tactics is lost a little which can only be expected, I suppose.

I have found that opponents seem to be restricted to long shots which IRL would be ideal although in FM10, it could be the undoing of me.

I've raised the mentality very slightly to see if I can find a compromise between defence and attack and I'll see how things go.

Good work so far.

i was thinking of raising mentality up a little aswell,but i was getting the right results anyway so i didnt bother, let me know how it works for you

This tac dosent seem to be working at all for me, as Mallorca.. i first lost 0-3 away against Sevilla and 0-3 against Getafe and i had 1 shot on goal, what the hell?

am i doing something wrong or does it just work for the best teams

Hi Bakermush, You a Grimsby Local Aswell? (I'm half and half work in Portsmouth Live in Grimsby) Anyways Only changes i made is CD's up 2 notches on mentality and brought the Defensive line to 16, but i watch key highlights and the more/less there getting "in" is when i adjust it and if i get a 2 goal lead on 60 mins ill bring team mentality to Normal and Def Line to Normal (notch 10 sliders).

Also Micheal Bridges is being a bit of a Legend for me aswell, during Januray i would receommend you buy Oumar Tchonmogo (actually i recemmond him for all lower league) He's like 2k and well better than forbes! (I'm over my wage budget too between Topp & Bridges greedy bartenders)

In my screenie there are my transfers my best performers and Legaue table just to show the rest of the guys here how awesome this tactic is considering Grimsby are predicted 21st!

gyforum.th.jpg

Hi mate, No lol. Whenever i start a League 2 game on FM, I always go with Grimsby and try to take them back up to the Championship when they were beating the likes of my local team Burnley 6-5 ;)

Thanks for the advise, Tried to sign Bridges but Yeovil are asking for more than i can afford. Switched to Lee-the-peas tweaked version.

Picked up my result's now & Topp as started to bang them in! 14 goals in 23.

But i will have to wait untill next season at least now before i can get Grimsby promoted.

Hi mate, No lol. Whenever i start a League 2 game on FM, I always go with Grimsby and try to take them back up to the Championship when they were beating the likes of my local team Burnley 6-5 ;)

Thanks for the advise, Tried to sign Bridges but Yeovil are asking for more than i can afford. Switched to Lee-the-peas tweaked version.

Picked up my result's now & Topp as started to bang them in! 14 goals in 23.

But i will have to wait untill next season at least now before i can get Grimsby promoted.

It's depressing that your like "feel sorry" team is my Local Team! I was a season ticket holder when we get relegated out of the championship and again when we got relegated out of league one :( I remember when we was top of the championship those was the days Good Ol' Ivano Bonetti!

Yea im using a mix of the original Tactic & Lee the pea's, been 3rd most the season but just hit really bad form and looking like Playoffs might be my ownly way through to League one. Yea Willy is doing it for me aswelll lol. I normally stick with Grimsby till i get to the premiership it's hard because always need a stadium (just like IRL)

Anyways Good Luck & Up The MARINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Also another good signing i got is Ibrahima Thiam & Gokhan Tore On loan from chelsea is good)

I'm crystal palace and i decided to give this tactic a go. My first two results are these:-

cry 4 2 Plymouth

cry 4 0 Torquay (lge cup)

now i know they are home games but still impressive. I'm interested on how i do away from home though!!

2010league2table.th.jpg

First Season Complete Grimsby Are Predicted To Finish 21st In League Two So This Is Awesome mainly played the original chinese tactic (switching between Pea & Chinese depending on results and performace) but for the playoffs it was all (LeaPEA) Tactic, So Let's See How I Handle League One.

Think next year it will all be Lea Pea, hopeing to get some better players so i can make sure of when i have 60-70 possesion in games

Been using Lee's tactic and it has completely turned my Hearts season around.

It is not a super tactic by any means, ive still lost and drawn a few but overall its a massive improvement. Has also allowed me to beat Athletico Madrid 4 v 2 with Hearts (1st season) and also beat PSV 2 v 1 (both uefa cup games).

Thanks for this lee!

Been using Lee's tactic and it has completely turned my Hearts season around.

It is not a super tactic by any means, ive still lost and drawn a few but overall its a massive improvement. Has also allowed me to beat Athletico Madrid 4 v 2 with Hearts (1st season) and also beat PSV 2 v 1 (both uefa cup games).

Thanks for this lee!

Glad that the idea of the tactics work for most ppl. Maybe mine one is too attacking and I do leak goals!

Played away to wolves in FA cup, won the game with 5-4.

In the league, only really lose 2 games, 0-1 Home to Everton, but I was using Subs.

And away to Villa 0-3. They were good, no complain!

Maybe I will try Lee's tactics too but just feel liked to use 3 strikers as I have 6 to choose from...

Archived