dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of Season 2010/2011

Finished 19th after my first season in the Premier Square. I had to rely on a young squad and it was a hellish season where no one performed. I didn't have any good strikers nor did I have anyone who was consistent in their game.

Now the challange is to get exprienced and proven stars. To get a good solid defenders and a very good Strtiker. I am also missing DMs and It looks like I will overhaul my tactics.

Everything was not bad though. I came from -400K (acumulated the first 2 seasons) lose to almost 16K lose... i think we even made profit for one month.

This season, i will continue on with my financial development. then I am going to try and see if I can get good squad to get me promoted.

Dafuge - I have a question, I can make an offer to clubs where I take players on trial(despite the fact they are contracted to other teams). When I have him on trial, is it possible to buy them then? since I get them on trial, but they are not on free transfer....?

oooh i wish i'd tried this challenge lark out before now!! just done happy dance (sorry for the visuals) cos we knocked rotherham outa the fa cup in rnd 1, doncaster up next, then its the big boys! lol icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by XaW:

Dafuge - I have a question, I can make an offer to clubs where I take players on trial(despite the fact they are contracted to other teams). When I have him on trial, is it possible to buy them then? since I get them on trial, but they are not on free transfer....?

Not Dafuge but...having them on trial gives you the reports just like scouting does, so there's no reason why you couldn't buy him then. Assuming of course the other club is willing and you can afford it. icon_wink.gif

this is probabally a very dumb question but in the game which euro comp is which? as the euro vase, the euro cup i have no idea what they are all supposed to be icon_biggrin.gif

and is there a way via a skin or badge pack or what ever it is called where they can be changed to the correct names and also have the correct images?

Originally posted by jsar:

this is probabally a very dumb question but in the game which euro comp is which? as the euro vase, the euro cup i have no idea what they are all supposed to be icon_biggrin.gif

and is there a way via a skin or badge pack or what ever it is called where they can be changed to the correct names and also have the correct images?

Champions Cup.

There probably is, personally don't know of it but I'm sure someone's created one.

Euro Vase = Inter Toto

Euro Cup = UEFA Cup

Champions Cup = Champions League

this is probabally a very dumb question but in the game which euro comp is which? as the euro vase, the euro cup i have no idea what they are al

AFC Wimbledon League One 13/14

Promotion!!

Will post season review when I wake up (3am now) but got through in the playoffs thanks to some late goals and aggressive/risky tactics. icon_biggrin.gif

Now I'm left with a problem. I've lost £1.7m over the course of the year. Income just never picked up at any stage, even after the 2000 increase in capacity (filling new capacity each game)

Also, I really don't think this group is ready or capable of playing in the Championship yet but they better learn fast icon_wink.gif

Jsar's Chippenham Town End Of Season Update 2030/31

After 5 years of obscurity in the premiership the boards faith in long serving manager James Leedham has finaly been repaid with there 6th year proving to be there most succesfull yet. Leedhams keen eye for a bargin and rising stars has finally paid off. With the Average age of the Squad only being 26 there is a lot more to come from Chippenham in the future.

Confidence Summary

Player Stats

Season Round Up

Team Sheet

Team Stats

Community Shield

After winning the FA cup last year Chippenham got to partake in the community shield against 2029/2030 premier league champions Chelsea. Chippenham put on a good show but in the end where defeated 2-1 by the clinical finishing of Bulgarian superstar Yordan Topuzakov.

League performance

Chippenham where billed as relegation battlers by the media at the start of the season, and after there struggling previous years Leedham was inclined to agree and only promised the board that he would keep them up for yet another year.

By midway through the season however Leedhams side had all the critics baffled after a flying start seeing them hold a place in the top 4 for much of the half season and not dropping outside of the top 8.

The extra pressure of the cup compititions however started to take there toll on the teams stamina and form in the second haf of the season and saw them begin a steady decline to 10th place, after a smally rally in the last games of the season they managed to find them selves finishing in 9th place well above the media and fans expectaions.

League Graph

League Table

FA Cup

After last years cup run resulting in Leedhams first top flight silverware the fans where hopefull of a repeat performance. Luckily the Board where more realistic and only expected a 5th round exit, which they managed with a 3-1 defeat to eventual finalalist millwall.

League Cup

After last years performance in this cup finishing in the 3rd round with a dissapointing 6-2 defeat to league 1 side wolves, expectations where not high, with the board only wanting the side to go one round better.

However in an unexpected turn of events Chippenham managed to find themselves in the final against an underperforming blackburn side. The resulting match ended in a 3-0 win for chippenham including 2 goals from the compitition top goal scorerCodrut Negru

Securing there place in Europe for another season.

League Cup Final

Euro Cup

This was Chippenhams first venture into europe, and what a venture it was.

After qualifying for the group stages they where drawn in group C, with the likes of Sporting CP, Lille and torino.

Despite the pessimistic attitude of the fans prior to these fixtures, Chippenham managed to scrape through. The group ended with 3 teams on 5 points and chippenham just lucked in on goal differnce.

The first team of the knockout stage was 4 time winners Barcelona, and chippenham staff and fans alike thought this was the end of there european adventure, but after a thrilling 3-2 win at home this was followed by and unexpected 3-0 win at the Nou camp. With chippenham star striker Codrut Negru

once again proving to be a vital asset to his team scoring 3 out of the 6 goals scored across the tie.

The second knock out round saw chippenham take on turkish giants Besiktas. After a tough 3-4 loss away, chippenham managed to bounce back to a 2-1 win at home to win on away goals.

Unfortuantly the QTR finals saw chippenham draw premier legue giants Conventry, and this was to be the end of the dream, despite holding them to a 1-1 at home, chippenham couldnt match coventry at The Ricoh Arena and lost 4-2.

Players

some outstanding performances by most individuals with in the team helped chippenham to achieve the before unheard of succes but some had a larger had in it than others.

despite losing first half season hero Flavio in the january transfer window, second choice keeper Martin Jenkins proved to be more than an adequate replacement and has since been atracting the interest of barcelona and man City as well as other top european clubs, Leedham is said to be afraid that he is going to struggle to keep hold of this talented youngster.

Fan favourite Costa was pushed out of the lime light for this years campaign after the inspired signing of

Vytautas Cesnauskis kept him out of the team. At only 22 years old the only way is up for this young star, and he has already started to attract the attention of some of europes top clubs.

Another inspired signing paraguay international Christian Peralta has proved to be another young starlet that will do well for the club even managing to keep previous campaign stars Ribeiro and Martins out of the team.

Mevlu Ismail continued his outstanding form contributing 18 goals and 12 assists over the season.

Upcomming players

Spending on youth facilities and Leedhams obsessions with young players also looks like it might well pay off in the long run with some great young talent coming through the ranks to help bolster the team in the coming years.

Vinicius

Matteo Ferrarese

Marco Karapetsas

Jose Figueroa

Scott Porter

So all in all a good season and things looking up for Chippenham. Hope this is enuf info to keep people interested if you would like to know anything else let me know. Obviously being pretty far into the future a lot of clubs are not quite where you would expect them to be so perhaps you have a question about that.

anyways hope you all enjoy the read.

Originally posted by XaW:

Once you have them on trial you are free to sign them, just be careful about how you are finding the players you are making offers for though. Personally, if they don't appear on my player search I wouldn't go for them.

Buxton 2008-2009

Promoted to BSP

League Table

Had a great season mainly down to this player: Thompson

transfers

Squad

Season Achievments

Fan Day

Records

Player Stats

Well chuffed to achieve promotion in what turned out quite easy considering I only signed players I could scout.

Hinkley pushed me all the way but once I brought in some loans I finished strong wjile they faultered.

BSP will be tough as i've very little money and such a small squad. I'll be dipping in the loan market heavily this season.

Having managed to get Chelmsford to the CCC and having my game not save I quit.

I have come back to restart this challenge, this time as Hednesford

Aim this season is automatic promotion. Having done it before i know what is needed and despite not having a feeder club to raid (I cancelled Wolves) I have purchased a team based on pace.

Oh, and I signed the now Havent and Waterlooville player Alfie Potter. He's ok for this level, but I thought he was reasonably courageous against Liverpool recently so he got the nod for me.

Trying hard not to resign any Chelmsford players but couldn't resist Sam Wedgbury. Going to leave Andy Caton well alone this time as his 250 goals for Chelmsford need to stay as an all time high for me on the game.

Just started the season, P2 W2. Only have a squad of 16 at the moment so a few youth players are benchwarming for me.

AFC Wimbledon League One 13/14 Season Review

In a somewhat topsy turvy season where the only real constant was a falling bank balance, the AFC Wimbledon squad fought their way back to win promotion into the Championship!!

Table

Once again like last season we had the best goal difference of any side but a poor start and a horrendous run of form in the 2nd half of the season nearly saw us miss the playoffs before hitting from just before playoffs.

Graph

The playoff semifinal drew me against Sheff Wed who, like me, had held top spot. However, they had held it for 35 weeks before collapsing in the last few rounds of the season.

I knew they were vulnerable and although Tudgay scored a 30yd wonder goal for them in the first leg Playoff SemiFinal Home Leg, I knew that we could still get a result.

With that in mind I took a risk in the away leg, sending in my 18yo speedster, Griffin, and an attacking direct style of play and he did his part and all seemed to be going my way, except for that man again, Tudgay, who kept standing in my way.

When my other striker, Barnard copped a knock on 80mins, I brought on Pierre Joseph-Dubois, who along with Ryan Hall, is the only player to have been with me every season. 89:30 in and he repayed me, scoring from a goalmouth scramble and then from the kickoff (which took 2mins...go figure) we won the ball, and my overlapping right fullback whipped in the cross to that man again, Joseph-Dubois, who slammed it past the keeper and sent me to Wembley icon_biggrin.gif

Playoff SemiFinal Away Leg

In the other semi-final, Port Vale had caused an upset beating Swindon so it was 5th vs 6th at Wembley and we started favourites.

Using the same tactics as the semi-final away leg, I was hopeful, but after 7 mins, it had seemingly all come apart. Their 2 strikers had set each other up for easy headed goals and I was 0-2.

But this is a determined team, and we weren't about to cave in that easily. The rest of the 1st half was uneventful and we went in 0-2.

Half time team talk result

I told them we had to win, no excuses and they were a totally different team after the break. After 10mins of pressure, we got the breakthrough on 55mins, Hall scoring on the rebound after Barnard's shot was blocked by the defender.

Then in the 74thminute Barnard was held back in the box after the keeper could only push Joseph-Dubois' shot and a penalty was given. I wasn't confident but winger Cronesberry put it away and it was 2-2, we were back.

Then in the 90th minute, a quick kick from our keeper, Howe, sent Hall down the left, who then slid it out in front of Barnard who was running from halfway to the edge of the box. The Port Vale keeper came out but it was a horrible mistake and Barnard got there before him and from 18 yeards out, just slid it into an empty net.

Playoff Final vs Port Vale

Part of me felt sorry for their keeper but we're into the Championship and I have other stuff to worry about icon_wink.gif

Squad

Some of the standouts:

Barnard

Hall

Kelly-highest ave

Cresswell- young promising fullback

Hall, Simak and Callaghan all looked like leaving throughout the season. Simak I got to early and re-signed but Hall and Callaghan were "keeping their options open" and didn't want a new deal.

So, I did what any manager does, offered them deals anyway and a higher wage and crossed my fingers.

They both signed icon_biggrin.gif

Transfers

I really have too many players now and will need to cut back many over the offseason, something I'm not good at doing.

Competition Confidence Summary

Finances

The only true and poor constant of the season. My income for the year was ordinary, even after the 2000 seat expansion. Makes me wonder if they dropped the entry price midway through the season.

Club Info

Manager Profile

Next season: Trim down squad, improve weak areas, survive in Championship, halt the financial losses.

rinso - Chippenham Town 2010/11 BSP

Once again, the media gave us no hope of staying up, despite a creditable 14th place last season, and some considerable squad strengthening in the summer transfer window. after the first 3 games, it looked as though they may be right, the bluebirds suffering 3 straight defeats, and playing poorly with it. this does seem to be a wrrying trend thats developing, and i will have to look at this for next season. luckily, after this, the performances improved, and we started to climb the league. it was, once again, a season of losses and wins... i think my close season training will be dedicated to teaching the players "the sacred art of drawing matches"

had we managed to draw a few more games, i'm sure we would have been in the playoffs, however i cannot really grumble with finishing 7th at all. this was largely down to the performances of Gareth Roberts, snapped up on a freebie after he was released by sheff utd.

league table

i also managed to make it to the FA Trophy final, where i was to meet Oxford, winners of the BSP this season. they started heavy favourites at 2-5, the bookies giving me little, if no chance of a result at all at 13-2. things didnt start well when my undoubted player of the season, Gareth Roberts missed a 3rd minute penalty, but we managed to get to half time goalless, and it was time to regroup. 78 mins gone, and disaster... they scored!! once again, though, my players were determined to defy the odds, and, almost straight from the kick off, we equalised, and it stayed that way up to 90 mins. extra time looms! sadly however, it was to prove a bridge too far us, and oxford won 2-1.

FA trophy final

the boy done good

Roberts

transfers

one further positive is my finances are still pretty healthy, approaching £1m in the bank, (helped in no small part by a run to the 2nd round proper of the FA Cup, with both ties at home!!) and the board have agreed to improve both the training and youth facilities in the close season.

AFC Wimbledon 2014 News

Sent 2 scouts to the World Cup, have just recalled 1 as so far grand total of 0 reports icon13.gif

Board have decided to expand stadium by 1720, to be completed in 6mths (mid dec). Current capacity is reduced by 715 in the meantime and they've taken out a £1.2m loan. icon_frown.gif

Guess I'll just have to work a little harder.

one of these days, i'll learn not to post my season's reports at daft o'clock in the morning... the player i was whittering on about up there, is actually called Grant Roberts... god only knows where i got Gareth from!! icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XaW:

Once you have them on trial you are free to sign them, just be careful about how you are finding the players you are making offers for though. Personally, if they don't appear on my player search I wouldn't go for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, I have read the rules, it's just that I watch quite many U21 international games and when I see someone in there who I think could be an asset to my team I want to buy them....that's why I was wondering if this was by the rules or not... icon_smile.gif

Evan Rees - Blue Sq Sth - 2008/09

So I started with Tiverton and after a horror pre-season where we may have scored 2 goals in about 6 games the season proper started and things were looking to be heading in that same direction for the season itself. Fortunately things started looking up and after finally giving in and loaning Joe Mason from Plymouth as well as Marlon Pack things began to go right. A couple of quality finds of my own helped out a great deal one in particular a striker named Dave Roden was a quality player for me and complimented Mason beautifully grabbing 23 goals for himself in the season.

We went a bit up and down getting as high as 6th place and eventually finished a respectable 9th recording some big wins along the way.

Wish I had the graph but I can't quite figure out where it's at.

Next season is promotion provided I can get some consistency. Beating all the top teams in the league and then losing 5-2 to the team in 18th is a little sad. icon_biggrin.gif

Margate - BSS - Season 1 - 2008/09 - Promotion

Well this turned out to be one of the best seasons I've ever experienced playing FM. The Margate minnows were simply unstoppable in the Blue Square South. Over 100 points and 95 goals secured the Title.

The succes is owed to my parent club Southampton. They accepted loan offers for roughly all their reserve players and eventually 14 players agreed to play the season at Hartsdown Park. I don't particularly like to base my succes on loaning players from parent clubs. It's not a durable solution as you cannot rely on getting players on loan once you progress through the leagues. And by building a team around loanplayers you are very vulnarable since your own players have no quality, But in this case it was a necessity as my scouts and myself couldn't find enough decent quality on free transfers before the season would start. As the season progressed I kept on searching for free players and managed to sign a few with some potential.

Finances are Ok - we have about 200k in the bank. With an average attendance of approx. 1200 (2nd highest in BSS) the money just keep on rolling in. Wages on the other hand are 1000£ over budget and the board is not pleases.

MARGATE HEROES SEASON 1 (08/09) - Squad

A few players of my own worth mentioning.

D L: JAMES KAY - The only decent defender in the squad which I own.

DM: Jonathan D'laryea - the glue in my team. Lacks a bit of quality tackling-wise but his passing is excellent. Works well within my short-passing tactic.

AM C: Thomas Pinault - an experienced french playmaker with a nice longshot ability. His fitness levels are worrying though. I had him Margate in Dafuge FM07 aswell. Most likely he'll be out of the team when we reach league 2 - but lower league football he can handle.

AM R, ST: MAGNO VIERA - My very own Ronaldinho. A brazilian striker with great pace.

ST: PIERRE JOSEPH-DUBOIS - He was the first player I signed and might be the best player I own. He is my captain despite his young age and will defintely be part of the team for a few seasons.

BLUE SQUARE SOUTH

League Table | Graph

SETANTA SHIELD

I fieldede my reserve plyers in this competetion but still managed to get to the 4th round where Woking from the BSP proved too hard.

FA TROPHY

My reserve team got another comp. to shine in and got to the 3rd round where they were unlucky to loose against Oxford from the BSP

FA Cup

I'd planned to milk this cow and get far and make some money playing a higher rep team. It wasn't supposed to be as we crashed out in the 4th Qual. Round.

SUMMARY

All in all a very promising season. Dominated the league and got as far in the cups as was expected by the board and fans. Next season the challenge will be to find free players with quality and to SURVIVE in the BSP.

rinso - Chippenham Town - BSP 2011/12

the media finally recognised we werent going to just give up and get relegated this season, predicting us to finish a lofty 11th, and then, generously gave us odds of 3-1 to get promoted!! would my close-season drawing lessons work though? could we actually clinch promotion?? time would tell...

yet again a poor start though, losing the opening game of the season, and playing like a bunch of strangers!! hwever, a stern telling off seemed to work, and we went on a great run of form, managing 18 games unbeaten! towards the end of the season though, injuries started to take their toll, and it got extremely close... too close.. i needed a helpinghand from some other teams to eventually clinch top spot and automatic promotion!!

time too start building for next season now, no doubt we'll be favourites for the drop... again...

one other thing of note, we also managed to win the Setanta Shield, which my boardwas delighted with.

the bank balance is nice n healthy, although im sure it'll take a big hit with all the promotion bonuses (tried not to include them in contracts, but apparently the board had said they had to be in) so we will have to see what sort of money i get to strengthen my squad in the summer.

transfers

league table

position graph

setanta shield final

XaW - Hendon - Season 10/11 Coca-Cola League 2

Table

Squad

Transfers

Club Info

We started this season very slow, but we had a very good run through the middle of the season and found ourself challenging for promotion. A bad run at the end almost ended the hope, but a last match victory secured a promotion, though only on goal difference.

The first team:

Keeper: Scott Bevan

Right back: Jack Palmer

Left back: Kris Paterson

Centreback: Joel Ward

Centreback: Lewis Smith

Right Midfielder: Goma Lambu

Left Midfielder: David Martin

Central Midfielder: Joe Collins

Central Midfielder: Victor Moses

Striker: Charlie Sheringham

Striker: Joe Sweeney

Competitions:

League 2: 3rd

FA Cup: 3rd round

League Cup: 1st round

JPT: 1st round

No cup run this year, but we managed our 3rd consecutive promotion, and next year we'll be in League One. Our board has announced a stadium expantion of a wooping 441 seats(I don't know if thats is added to the total or just replacing some of the stands. The finances has improved and we are steady making about £50k a month profit. Hopefully we will be able to stay in League One, since I have serious doubts we can get our 4th promotion in a row. But some players are finally willing to play for me, so I'm trying to get in quite a number of players. Last year my transfer budged was a total of £10k, and I'm hoping for more this time around.

AM R, ST: MAGNO VIERA - My very own Ronaldinho. A brazilian striker with great pace.

ST: PIERRE JOSEPH-DUBOIS - He was the first player I signed and might be the best player I own. He is my captain despite his young age and will defintely be part of the team for a few seasons.

Very good players---I have had both of them on my King's Lynn side since the first season. And, they have paid off--as in the 2012/2013 season, the Lynn won the automatic promtion, securing their first step out of BSN with four games to go. Joseph-Dubois was, once again, the fans player of the year, and on the same week that we won promotion, the striker also went into the history books as the Lynette's leading goalscorer of all time.

I have great hope going into BSP as well---as I managed the promotion without the usual plethora of loans---in fact, only two players in the squad were brought in on a temporary basis---and one of those two not until the second half of the season, when a rash of injuries struck and I needed to scramble to find an extra defender. My scouts and AssMan agree that the bulk of my first team would be, at a minimum, good signings for any BSP side (with several looking good enough for a league 2 side).

So, we'll see how their predictions play out---I've a little cash to spend if need be (I've managed to keep a healthy 50kish bank balance (Lynn started w/ 100K) throughout all these seasons by keeping my wage structure manageable---the new infusion of money and increased attendance should get me some spending money) --- right now, my defense is where I will need to concentrate (despite last season's outstanding defensive record, my defense looks shakiest going into the new division, with one center back and my GK being the only two I think I can count on consistently).

End of Season 2010/11 summary

End of my third season and my third promotion, although yet again via the playoffs.

A long hard season this one, stuck in mid table mediocrity for the majority before a last gasp dash for the playoffs alongside the capitulation of my rivals. The game nearly took revenge though, with all 3 of my left sided wingers getting injured within a couple of days of the playoffs. Cue my 17 year old youff team winger playing out of his skin before, you guessed it, getting snapped just before the final.

All good though as I scraped through, although I think I will get pummled in League 1 next year unless I get some quality free transfers in.

Table

Squad

Onwards and probably downwards!

Would love some help with this if someone has gone through the same thing.

My central defender, Simak, is wanted by a number of Premier League and Championship clubs. He's easily my best defender so clearly I don't want him to go.

The Issue:

In past years, if a club he wants to go makes a bid and you reject, he gets unhappy. So I've learnt to always "negotiate" the offer so it doesn't upset the player.

However, now, as soon as I negotiate the offer, he gets unhappy at "Not being allowed to move clubs".

So if anyone has any way I can not accept the offer and still keep him happy, I'm all ears.

alright i'll do that right away. =) thanks dafuge.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackmama:

Congratulations Gillianchung - that's quite impressive!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">dafuge, do you need my save or a screenshot to verify that I completed the challenge?

As it's written in the 1st post a screenshot after every season is "mandatory".

We all wanna know how you did it so fast! We might learn a thing or two! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The minimum was a screenshot of the league table and the transfer history page for each season, you could always just post them all at once if you haven't done them yet. A screenshot of the CL final would be useful as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to join this challenge, hope its ok but instead of holidaying for one year i did it for a couple. Have taken over Clevedon Town. Board wants me to enjoy the participation in the blue square south. I have stated that i can avoid relegation.

I have also registered on the Dafuge site.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/425/clevedonee8.jpg

Again I would like to thank dafuge for the great challenge. I hope those were the screenshots you were looking for. I look forward to coming back in FM 2009 and hopefully still have time to get a challenge during my last year of my law degree. I do hope FM 2009 fixes all the bugs, and makes the game better. The experience of taking Vauxhall every year has enabled me to find success for Halesowen, since I think Vauxhall had a very poor reputation as well, although I never checked. The jump from the Championship to Premiership is huge, and one has to ensure they have a solid player in every position. One weak position and it might be easy relegation. Spending lots in the Premiership is also important, since if you're not spending, it will go to become useless dividends (which I have hated since the CM days).

I wish everybody else luck in the challenge. Hopefully SI will implement something like this and incorporate these teams to become playable so we don't have to reload. Now I'm trying to get off the FM addiction, although I would love to win a UEFA cup, National Euro Cup, or World Cup, I just don't have much more time.

Take care.

Originally posted by mattbuck:

I would like to join this challenge, hope its ok but instead of holidaying for one year i did it for a couple. Have taken over Clevedon Town. Board wants me to enjoy the participation in the blue square south. I have stated that i can avoid relegation.

It's fine to holiday for more than 1 year. Congrats on getting Clevedon Town promoted through, having only 750 rep will make the game real tough.

Do you happen to have a save game with Clevedon Town being promoted just before you took over? I ask since a club with this low a reputation would be a challenge a number of people here would like to try.

Originally posted by ejthegreat:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattbuck:

Hi, yeah i do have the save, its a couple of seasons in though so the file size is 85mb.

I have to say im finding it hard, still trying to sign players, but most go to other non league clubs. icon_frown.gif

It's fine to holiday for more than 1 year. Congrats on getting Clevedon Town promoted through, having only 750 rep will make the game real tough.

Do you happen to have a save game with Clevedon Town being promoted just before you took over? I ask since a club with this low a reputation would be a challenge a number of people here would like to try. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattbuck:

Do you happen to have a save game with Clevedon Town being promoted just before you took over? I ask since a club with this low a reputation would be a challenge a number of people here would like to try. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what happened in the post above, ill try again.

Hi, yeah i do have the save, its a couple of seasons in though so the file size is 85mb.

I have to say im finding it hard, still trying to sign players, but most go to other non league clubs. Frown

not currently doing DaFuges challenge, but following a couple of people doing Gundo's stumbling across Ben Kenney (everyones seems to be born on the 21st of February) i'd like to see if anyone else has it and like us if they do his birthday is the 21st february? were wondering wither this is programming done by SI on his regeneration? icon_eek.gif

Would love some help with this if someone has gone through the same thing.

My central defender, Simak, is wanted by a number of Premier League and Championship clubs. He's easily my best defender so clearly I don't want him to go.

The Issue:

In past years, if a club he wants to go makes a bid and you reject, he gets unhappy. So I've learnt to always "negotiate" the offer so it doesn't upset the player.

However, now, as soon as I negotiate the offer, he gets unhappy at "Not being allowed to move clubs".

So if anyone has any way I can not accept the offer and still keep him happy, I'm all ears.

Have you tried offering him a contract at the same time as neogotiating? That might keep him happy if he accepts. It works sometimes for me but not often.

I generally have the same problem. i now set the asking price stupidly high to keep people away. And when they do move in I reject and just lump it with the unhappy player. Once you get past the transfer window the players seem to perk up a bit, at least until the next transfer window.

Most of my team are unsettled at the moment icon_frown.gif

not currently doing DaFuges challenge, but following a couple of people doing Gundo's stumbling across Ben Kenney (everyones seems to be born on the 21st of February) i'd like to see if anyone else has it and like us if they do his birthday is the 21st february? were wondering wither this is programming done by SI on his regeneration?

its been brought up in gq as well, and explanation for it is there... in this thread

Archived