dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started on Friday night dont know how to take screen shots on a mac though. I took over Banbury. Expected position is dead last

I only had 2 players to start with so I went bargin hunting and signed a couple of players just to build around. I then got all my coaches in I then got Coventry as my parent club which helped so this boasted my squad to a whole 15 players. Only had 2 friendlys to start and players were so unfit at the start of the season. I was playing a 4 - 1- 3 -2 formation. Started of really inconstinent with a losing and then a drawing. Then it clicked. I went on a 32 game unbeaten run in the league. In the cups I was useless. I finished second in the league 2 points behind the winners Merthyr Tydfill who where 7 points ahead with 3 matches to go. I played them 3 games from the end and I beat them which brought it down to 4 ahead. They then drew the next match which got it down to 2 points but then won there last match.

It was then the playoffs. first leg against the dons 2 - 2 each second leg 4 - 3 to me. Then the Final 3 - 1 o me AET. Sucess! I was under my wage barrer as well for the most of season just going slightly over near the end when injures caught up on me. At the end of the seasonI made a profit of £63,978. I sold 2 of my players and made £23,000. yeah.

End of the season | !!!Promoted!!!

Table | My Table Graph

Squad

Transfers

Finances

My Profile [update]

This season has been rocky and I didn't start my climb until late December early October. Unlike earlie my 1st season, I didn't have a dominant players, but all those players with the black line underneath them were crucial to my promotion. I have signed Chris Clements after the successful loan i had him with last year.

The Most Important Player for me was definitely Chris Lumsdon who was crucial to my success. I cannot stress that enough. He gave assists like hot chocolates, he was by far my man of the season.

And with that, My fallen Angel was definitely Juan Ugarte. Last year, He was obviously one of my best strikers... this year, he couldn't even fight for his spot. and the few occasion he made the team, he was horrible. fortunately for me, he on the final month of his contract and he will leave as soon as the last day is over.

With that said, I cant wait for the challenge next season. I just hope i can Survive in the Blue Square Premier.

Originally posted by rathcooleglens:

Started on Friday night dont know how to take screen shots on a mac though. I took over Banbury. Expected position is dead last

I only had 2 players to start with so I went bargin hunting and signed a couple of players just to build around. I then got all my coaches in I then got Coventry as my parent club which helped so this boasted my squad to a whole 15 players. Only had 2 friendlys to start and players were so unfit at the start of the season. I was playing a 4 - 1- 3 -2 formation. Started of really inconstinent with a losing and then a drawing. Then it clicked. I went on a 32 game unbeaten run in the league. In the cups I was useless. I finished second in the league 2 points behind the winners Merthyr Tydfill who where 7 points ahead with 3 matches to go. I played them 3 games from the end and I beat them which brought it down to 4 ahead. They then drew the next match which got it down to 2 points but then won there last match.

It was then the playoffs. first leg against the dons 2 - 2 each second leg 4 - 3 to me. Then the Final 3 - 1 o me AET. Sucess! I was under my wage barrer as well for the most of season just going slightly over near the end when injures caught up on me. At the end of the seasonI made a profit of £63,978. I sold 2 of my players and made £23,000. yeah.

Shift+Command+4 on a Mac puts OSX in to Screenshot mode. just drag a box around the area you'd like to capture, the picture will be taken and appear on your desktop.

I finally got a hold of FM08, so what to do first? Start a new dafuge challenge of course.

After taking King's Lynn to the dizzying heights of League Two in FM07, I'm going to see if I can do it a tad better in this version...

Profile.

Maidstone United - Premier League 2018/19 - End of Season Review

We made it to the promised land. And frankly it was always going to be a near impossible task to keep us up as according to the bookies, who gave us odds of 2000-1 to win the league. The board did their bit, and installed 4,500 seats at Central Park, which I mistook for an expansion. Whilst this took place we played at Southend United's new 22,000 seater stadium, only to return to Central Park and it's 8,000 capacity but new seats.

Premier League

As much as I'd like to say here that we finished mid-table and never looked in trouble, I really can't. As you can tell from the position chart, we only reached a high of 13th all season, and that was because we lost by one goal but scored three on the opening day. We remained in and around the relegation places for most of the season, before a 2-0 defeat at Sunderland condemned us to playing in the Championship again next season. We eventually finished 18th in the league, beating the other two promoted sides which in itself says a lot about how hard it was to stay up this season. Noteable victories along the way include beating Arsenal 1-0 at the Emirates and completing the double over Tottenham, 2-0 at White Hart Lane and 1-0 at home.

We were never going to stay up in all honesty, so to have been relegated with just a game to go was a great effort.

FA Cup

Once again we fail to perform against a lower opposition team. This time we lost 1-0 at Championship Millwall. We were expected to get to the fourth round, and we failed.

League Cup

We performed better in the League Cup and achieved the boards aim at least, which was to reach the third round. We beat Bradford City in a tight game, that had three goals in the last 5 minutes to make the result look flatteringly comfortable. The 3-0 win set up an away game at Leicester in round three. Unfortunately, they had the edge over us and knocked us out 2-1 with an 85th minute winner, another late goal which was a recurring theme throughout the season.

Facilities

As I mentioned before, the club magically decided to improve Central Park despite constantly telling me that they couldn't. Capacity is still 8,000 but now has more seats. They have just announced however to put another 4,500 seats in, which should take us to a 11,000 capacity. Training facilities are up to Top Facilities and the board have confirmed they are improving the Youth Facilities again, I'm hoping we will have an academy in a couple of months.

Transfers

We broke our record signing by purchasing Jonathan Bradford from Fulham for £5m, only to re-sell him after our relegation to Leicester City for £7.5m plus 25% of his next transfer. He wasn't great for us, but then no-one really was. Quite happy to take the money and sign a replacement on a bosman. A lot of the money was spent on the future, bringing in some Italian youngsters and I'm hoping they will bloom in our youth set-up.

Additional Info

First team squad.

Fixtures: 2018/19.

Transfer History.

Club Information.

Club Records.

Confidence: Summary/Competitions.

Finances.

Manager Profile.

Manager Information.

Aims

Win promotion back to the Premier League, that's what I'm hoping anyway. I believe the squad will be stronger now after we make a few more additions in the transfer window and that with a more attacking formation we will certainly finish in the play-offs and that's what I've told the board too. Fourth Round of both the cups too, I really want this to be a fantastic season for the Stones.

canvey!! – Mangotsfield United – 2008/09 – Blue Square South

League Review

To begin our first season in the leagues, we were predicted dead last. As the saying goes, it certainly will be a marathon, not a sprint. I brought in 17 players in addition to the 6 at the club and the 8 promoted youth. The most promising players were Ryan Hirooka and Tyron Sealey . I grabbed four loanees, two from parent club Cheltenham and two from Bristol City. I’m planning to cancel the link with Cheltenham to find a Premiership parent.

I found it difficult to get a good goalkeeper, having to get rid of trialist Steven Arnold after a very poor performance in pre-season. Nevertheless, we performed decently, grabbing our first win in our second game at home to Bromley. We started by doing the basics, winning at home and losing away, which would have given me 63 points. 63 points, based on last season, would have put me in 6th, and was only 9 more than I eventually got.

That form disappeared pretty quickly, however, meaning a run of 7 league games without a win, interspersed with 2 cup ties, before we finally beat Cambridge City at home. It was a lucky result, however, as we went 3-0 down before a superb comeback saw us win 4-3. There was more of that to come in a 3-2 win over Braintree, and the rest of the season finished well, finding wins in places, except for a 4 game run without a win against the table leaders.

I felt our 14th place finish flattered us slightly, but we did have a good second half of the season. That put us 8 places above our predicted finish and gave us a nice 18-point padding from relegation. I feel that next season’s squad can only improve, and am looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a graph as I waited too long to take screenshots.

The other promoted teams

Despite starting well, Chelmsford dropped to hover around their final place of 18th, 2 places above relegation.

AFC Wimbledon had the best season. Although they spent a lot of the season bouncing up and down, they eventually settled above us and finished in 12th place.

King’s Lynn didn’t do much to avoid relegation from the Blue Square North, settling on their 22nd place early, and not budging.

Gateshead went as high as 10th, then as low as 22nd, before improving and finishing in a respectable 17th in the Blue Square North.

Marine had a decent season, climbing to 1st place towards the end. However, a run of poor form saw them drop like a rock to finish in 11th

Cup Summary

FA Cup

Drawn against non-league Methyr Tydfil in the 2nd Qualifying Round, I expected a triumph, but did have my doubts. Those doubts were well proven, when the side lost a stunning 5-0 to go crashing out of the competition. Top scorer in the league, Lenell John-Lewis, got a well-deserved 4 for the match.

Competition Top Scorer: n/a

FA Trophy

While on paper an away tie to non-league Fleetwood was good, I knew from the 5-0 demolition in Wales for our FA Cup game that it wasn't going to be that easy. I found out I was right, and so were the bookies, as Mangotsfield United produced a breathtaking display to go out of the FA Trophy 3-0. No effort was put in, and I was left sombre on the bench. Quite how the team managed to get this high in the pyramid baffles me.

Competition Top Scorer: n/a

Setanta Shield

For our first round fixture (South), we were drawn against Chelmsford, a fellow Blue Square South team. Due to our 3-1 victory over them in pre-season, I was expecting a win, and told my players that they could achieve one.

It turns out they couldn't, but they got through anyway. 160 fans were entitled to a real treat at Cossham Street; not only was there an 8-goal thriller, with extra time, but Field triumphed.

It wasn't made easy, with a penalty going against us 20 minutes in. We were put 2-0 down 36 minutes in, and at half time I wasn't expecting a win, so I just told the players to go out there for the fans.

It didn't look good, as in the 48th minute, defensive midfielder Richard Lavery recieved a second yellow and was sent off. As if spurred on by this however, the team buzzed into life with three goals, two from Rhys Henry, and one from Phil Ormrod.

We held our lead, and looked good to be going through, but it wasn't over, and an 85th minute goal for Chelmsford sent the fixture into extra time.

The team weren't dampened, and Lenell John-Lewis scored our fourth a few minutes into extra time. But again, Chelmsford were to comeback, and scored in the 119th minute to send the match to penalties.

Scoring the first penalty while Chelmsford missed put us 1-0 up. But it was reversed to make it 1-1 with the next penalties. After the first 5 penalties finished 2-2, it went to sudden death, and us slotting away while Luke Malcher missed for Chelmsford made the dream come true for the 160 fans.

Next we were drawn against Woking, leaders of the Blue Square South. Going to Woking was always going to be tough, but I didn't expect such a lacklustre game from the players. We went 1-0 down, but pegged one back immediately, Ryan Hirooka scoring after 4 hours not having done so. After that, the team seemed to lose all energy, as the play centred around midfield, apart from breaks from Woking, and all shots we had loosely bundled at their keeper. 3-1 was a fair result, considering just how awful the team performed.

Competition Top Scorer: Rhys Henry (2)

Season Summary

So a 14th place finish and altogether a poor performance in the cups leaves me plenty to build on. As has been said, it is a marathon, not a sprint. After managing for a season, I can see that I am happy with my forwards, but will need to strengthen the rest of the team . (Was too late to get a screen of the team with the season’s stats)

Transfers

Trials

Club Information

Club Records

Best Eleven

Finances

Manager Profile Manager History

Fan’s Player of the Season: Lenell John-Lewis

My Players of the Season:

1. Montserrat forward Brian Ryan , at only 20 years old, has been scoring plenty of goals. He really came into form later in the season, and at such a young age, I see him scoring a good few more. On the international front he was also good, getting called up twice and scoring both times.

2. Stunning striker Lenell John-Lewis was our top scorer, firing in all kinds of goals.

3. Loanee midfielder Frankie Artus was an anchor for us and scored a good 6 goals himself. I’m looking to get him again next season from Bristol City.

High points of the Season:

1. A 5-0 away victory at The Camrose, to make up for losing 1-0 to Basingstoke at home.

2. A 4-1 victory over personal rival AFC Wimbledon. Unfortunately, they had the last laugh, finishing two places above us in the league.

3. Just as it looked like our run of 7 games without a win was going to end, what with being 3-0 down to Cambridge City, we scored 4, Lenell John-Lewis achieving a brace, to end our run with a superb comeback.

Low points of the season:

1. Two very disappointing 1-0 losses at home to teams at the very bottom, that’s Basingstoke and Maidenhead. We got revenge over Basingstoke on the last day of the season, and had beaten bottom-placed Maidenhead earlier in the season.

2. Going 7 games without winning, including some woeful performances, fortunately ended by the number 3 high point.

3. Losing 5-0 to non-league Methyr Tydfil in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round, as well as 3-0 to non-league Fleetwood in the FA Trophy.

Next Season’s Aims: To finish above my 14th in the League, and, more importantly, to not go out in the first playing round of every cup I enter.

Shopping List: Most importantly, a new, good keeper, but I will also need to strengthen my midfield and defence, and hopefully re-loan Bristol City midfielder Frankie Artus.

Other Competitions:

Liverpool win the Premiership by 19 points. Bolton, Wigan, Coventry relegated

Reading win the Championship, Charlton & Nottm Forest Promoted; Burnley, Bristol Rovers, Leyton Orient relegated

Liverpool win the FA Cup (3-0 vs. Tottenham)

Chelsea win the League Cup (3-0 vs. Sunderland)

Chelsea win the Community Shield (penalties vs. Liverpool)

Swansea win the JPT (penalties vs. Crewe)

York win the Setanta Shield (3-1 vs. Crawley)

Stevenage win the FA Trophy (2-1 vs. Rushden)

Started off with Hednesford Town a couple days ago.

4 matches & 4 wins into the 1st season, so all is looking well so far.

Clocked up over 8 hours game time already...most of it right clicking free-transfers to see if they would sign!!!

Managed to get a full aquad together, with backups for most positions, but I am about £500 over my £2.6k wage budget so the board are already on to me about that.

Will post a full season update once the 1st season has been completed.

AFC Wimbledon 13/14 Update

Back at the helm and following injuries was forced to bring this kid into my senior team. He's dominated reserves for 2 years but never performed in his prior 6-8 games in the firsts.

This time around though, he's really hitting his straps and just flying past opponents.

Griffin

On a side note, the stadium expansion that I thought was going to happen (2000 seats), I'm now thinking will just be seats and no overall increase in size icon_frown.gif

Will know in a couple of weeks for sure.

Originally posted by ejthegreat:

AFC Wimbledon 13/14 Update

Back at the helm and following injuries was forced to bring this kid into my senior team. He's dominated reserves for 2 years but never performed in his prior 6-8 games in the firsts.

This time around though, he's really hitting his straps and just flying past opponents.

Griffin

On a side note, the stadium expansion that I thought was going to happen (2000 seats), I'm now thinking will just be seats and no overall increase in size icon_frown.gif

Will know in a couple of weeks for sure.

Well, I was wrong for doubting my board. Expansion is completed and we've gone from the original 4500 (1000 seated) to 6500 (3100 seated).

Hopefully this will stem the slow losses occuring each month icon14.gif

David Earnshaw - Tiverton Town - 09/10 Blue Square Premier - Season Review

Promoted after finishing 5th. Had an up and down season with some good wins and bad losses. Also won the FA Trophy beating Dag & Red 1-0. Not feeling so good sothis will be short. Screenies below of most things.

Table

Transfers

Table Graph

Playoff 1st leg

Playoff 2nd leg

Playoff Final

New Contract

FA Trophy Win

Finances

Information

Manager of the Month

Season summary 1

Season summary 2Season summary 3

Season summary 4

Tiverton Turn Professional

2010/11 Expectations

rinso - season 2008/09 at Chippenham Town

well, my first season is over and here's the report...

things looked bleak at the start, i must admit i was scratching my head wondering "what am i doing here?!" took over at "the bluebirds" with only 4 youth team players on their books, no staff at all, and a chairman who was willing to listen to offers. a media prediction of dead last in the table didnt seem to offer any hope either. after a couple of hours of scouring the free transfers, i managed to assemble a squad of 28 players, got some staff in (gk coach, ass man, fitness coach, coach, 2 scouts and a physio) and set about building things up for the season. it started well, a win at home against afc wimbledon, many people's favourites for the title, and we went on from there!

oh and i'll have another attempt at me profile, seeing as i messed it up twice!!

profile (hopefully)

final league table

managed to scrape through play off semi's after losing 1-0 to merthyr away, beat them 2-0 at home, and so, was wimbledon (again) in the finals!!

play off finals result

all in all, an amazingly successful season, considering everyone had us written off as dead certs to go straight back down!

transfers coming up...

transfers 1

transfers 2

thinks thats everything, looking forward to building towards an undoubtedly tough season in the BSP now... if i've missed anything thats needed, please let me know! cheers!!

ps sorry if its a tad long-winded, think i've had a wee bit too much caffeine this morning...

Aario - Halesowen Town - Season 2 (2012-2013) - League 2 - End of Season Review

So another season ends down at The Grove... Halesowen spent their second season in the football league and again survived with no problems of relegation. The season could probably be best described as stable. Got knocked out of the FA Cup in the second round and the other two cups in the first round icon13.gif. Finished in 11th place in the league, although as the graph shows the end of the season was a big disappiontment as we had been flirting with the last playoff position for most of the season.

The squad (and the club as a whole) seem to be good enough for league football now and hopefully next season we can push on the challenge for promotion and have a decent cup run again (although twice getting to the 3rd of the FA Cup as a BSP team and winning the FA Trophy I don't think we have beaten a team from a league above us yet in any cups since I have been in charge so that is something I would like to put right next season).

I think we have some talent coming through the youth and reserve squads if these league tables are anything to go by. Maybe I should just let the coach who runs my reserve team manage the full squad as well! (although to be fair I do force him to use my tatics and obviously players I have bought to the club so I feel I should get some credit icon_biggrin.gif)

The club was loosing money each month due to increased wages and next season I am sure the same will be the case. We really need to get higher up the league to ensure the ground is full (this season averaged about 3500 in a 5000 capacity ground) and as mentioned above get a cup run going. The finances would have been much worse this season if I didn't manage to offload a few players for some serious (in league 2 terms!) money. The same will have to happen to players on the fringes of the 1st team squad again next year I feel.

My star player was once again Jeffers who for the second season made the league 2 representive team of the year.

Finally, he is my current profile (telling Roberto Marteniz I was not too unhappy at his Swansea side dumping us out of the FA Cup has got me a new friend and some Spanish knowledge icon_smile.gif). Contract is about to be up but I think a new one will be offered. I have been linked with quite a few other League 2 and some League 1 jobs which may or may not be available at the end of the season and Halesowen are worried if they can keep me. I have requested a new contract though to reasure them so hopefully everything will be fine icon14.gif

Hmmmm... I hope my board will expand the stadium soon, it's needed. The average attendance is 2944, and the stadium capacity is just 3029(329 seated)...Lots of money potential lost there...

tiverton season report 10/11

well this season i've overhauled my backroom staff and managed to get all areas of training to 4 stars or over and brought in dean kiely as my new ass manager

few quality signings in shaun saiko and matthew darville in the centre of midfeild along with a couple of loanies from plymouth pushed me into the play offs for a second season

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1415/year11wr2.png

in the last game of the season i lost one of my 3 strikers to injury and had to send him back to his club, and then in the 1st leg of the semi final i lost both my other strikers to injury one of whom is my captain. left with only one striker on my books a 17 year old from my under 18 squad who had never played a 1st team match.

he did well getting a goal on his debut and putting us into the final.

unfortunately it wasnt to be after scoring first in the final things were looking up, but my keeper decided to go on international duty leaving me a really second rate man in goal, he went on to concede 3 and chose the wrong day to have a stinker. the boys fought back and got a goal but thats how it finished 3-2

gutted and onto a 4th season in BSS, i seem to have no luck, but i'm building a side that should push for auto this season after i stormed the last half of the last season. i feel once i'm in BSP it shouldn't be more than 2 seasons til i'm playing league football

With my past experiences of LLM as Scarborough in CM days and then to Vauxhall with the inclusion of Blue Square North, my experience has helped me immensely as I obtained the treble in 2016 with Halesowen, winning the Champion's League Final against Arsenal, winning the FA Cup against Everton, winning the League Cup against Derby, and winning the Premiership tied for first at 82 points with Aston Villa, with my goal difference +42 over their goal difference of +37 in one of the most intense rivalries ever since we broke up our affiliations as their feeder club.

On a side note, I never did win the Premiership or Europe with Vauxhall ever (I did win Premiership with Scarborough on CM but not Europe) since I would have moved on to a larger club due to Vauxhall not being able to expand...etc in the previous games.

One of the successes I have had in Halesowen was bringing in key Brazilian players on my team that was absolute quality, even if it meant spending every penny on them:

Joao Carlos -GK

Lulinha -AMC

Sergio Mota -AMLC

Lenny - AMRL

The 3 Brazilian players in the front were successful putting any striker in a position to succeed.

dafuge, do you need my save or a screenshot to verify that I completed the challenge? It's many sleepless nights, but I have learned that in the early stages, keeping a low wage bill and just buying free players and loaning are so important until reaching the Championship. Even then, many players are capable of playing very well for free so most players can be replaced with players asking for a lower wage.

In the Premiership though, it is important to bring in quality players, and that every single position had at least a decent player. Also, mentalities now factor in much more than just the quality, and I go almost exclusively for resolute, resilient, spirtied, driven, and determined players. They are willing to die for eachother when they play together, and no one ever complains or dislikes eachother which is amazing. Players who do moan get sent to a feeder if they can't be sold, and the squad is still kept to a bare minimum to reduce the bickering of first team play, so there are sometimes a need to call U18 players to fill in for a tired/ injured player which doesn't affect team morale at all (and surprisingly, they usually do quite well (6 or 7s) despite their poor stats, maybe because I have so many character players around them).

I've done all I can for Halesowen Town, most of my staff have their contracts ending this year, most of them getting huge boosts in reputation, with Nuno Valente getting Continental, and my ass man, Nigel Gibbs getting World Class along with myself. It would be a challenge to try to defend and retain the treble, but most of my players core to my team are still under contract, and I think bringing in Micah Ricards would be the perfect signing as my backline as been the team's weak link (I can score massive, yet I do give up lots of goals with my tactic, therefore, Joao Carlos is considered an MVP).

Anyways, in 2016, Chelsea was one point away from being relegated. Liverpool went into administration and released David Amoo, whom I picked up immediately for free, scoring 13 goals and 10 assists in only 22 starts. Adam McGurk, a legend loan from Aston Villa for me until League 2 was brought back to his favourite club only to post the same legendary numbers as his fellow legend loaner Henry Forrester, scoring 7 goals and 2 assists in 17 premiership starts, averaging a rating of 7.50. Forrester on the otherhand, scored 20 goals with 31 assists in 41 starts and 7.63 rating. Lenny won the European midfielder of the year, with 29 goals, 23 assists, and a 7.58 average rating in 50 starts.

Only 2 players are under 7 average rating on my team, Jamaican Rudolph Austin with 6.98, and DLC Stephen O'Halloran, 6.92, a fellow Aston Villa loaner that played for me in the North and BSP that I got for free. While he didn't play as well as the other previous loanees I brought back to Halesowen, he was very consistent throughout.

Wow, I can't believe I completed the challenge. There is really not much more motivation to play on as everything is won. I would have wished to have won the UEFA Cup...which on a sidenote, Celtic defeated me last year in the UEFA 1st knockout stage, but at Champions League, I drew them and Barca in the group, and I got my revenge by beating Celtic twice there. First I got Panathinakos, then drew Athletico Madrid (whom luckily defeated Man U for me since C Ronaldo would be unstoppable every time I played them), and then for the semis, Olympique Lyonnais, which I considered to be very lucky draws, over the likes of Juventus and Arsenal.

Anyways, it was quite a challenge, and getting to the Premiership was very stressful trying to get the scouts provide new reports to see who I could bring in.

Halesowen - Winners of Europe, FA, League, and Premiership - 2015-2016

Maidstone United - Championship 2019/20 - End of Season Review

Sacked.

Championship

A critical season got under way in a steady start as we lost to Leeds United and drew with Nottingham Forest leaving us fairly low down in the league. However, once our signings settled we stormed up the league heading to top spot. We stayed there until the New Year, having been six points clear at Christmas. Unfortunately, whilst our first half of the season was sensational, our second was merely alright. Subsequently we blew our chance at some silverware and automatic promotion and finished third in the league, 3 points behind our hosts Southend United. We were always in the top three for the majority of the season so was disappointed we couldn't nick one of the promotion slots.

This meant yet another play-off adventure for the Stones, this time playing our old foes Bristol Rovers with the first leg at the Memorial Ground. We emerged victorious in the first leg, taking a 2-1 victory back to Central Park and feeling confident. Inevitably the second leg was tighter with the first goal always going to be key. And it was us who were to score it late on, securing a 3-1 aggregate victory to take us into yet another Play-off Final. Our opposition would be fellow relegated team Southampton. Having seen our last meeting ended in a 4-1 victory to us I knew that meant they owed us some revenge. And so it turned out, as we lost by a single goal and the Saints returned to the Premier League along with Coventry City.

Ultimately losing the final was the last straw for the board. They were OK with the fact we didn't get automatic promotion but not so happy at no promotion at all.

Not sure whether to try and work my way up and continue the challenge on this save, or start a fresh on a new game entirely. Hope you've all enjoyed the updates and following my progress through the game.

End of season review - King's Lynn - 2008/09 - Blue Square North

Well the first season pretty much exceeded all my expectations. Although we didn't get promoted, a playoff spot got me perfectly satisfied.

I brought in 4 players from my parent club Norwich, and they were all quite instrumental in getting me to 4th place. Our main force was banging in the goals, and we almost managed 3 goals a game in the league. Unfortunately we weren't as ruthless in every game, resulting for example in a couple of 6-0 wins being followed by a 1-0 defeat at the hands of relegation battlers.

Here are the main screenshots:

League table

League graph

Playoff semifinal leg 1

Playoff semifinal leg 2 - a bit gutted about this, as we managed to beat them 5-1 at home in the regular season.

Key players:

Chris Martin - I am lost for words about this guy. Managed to score no less than 11 (!) hattricks this season, taking him to an amazing record of 57 goals in 35 league games. Unfortunately he was injured for my last 6 games, including the playoffs.

Bally Smart - Probably the most promising of my permanent signings, both scoring lots of goals and laying on just as many for the others.

Adam Burley - Another good signing, lethal from the left wing position.

Michael Spillane - Excellent defensive midfielder, also with an eye for assists.

Key games:

King's Lynn 8-0 Stalybridge

King's Lynn 7-1 Marine

AFC Telford 4-6 King's Lynn

King's Lynn 6-0 Harrogate

King's Lynn 6-0 Altrincham

Stalybridge 0-6 King's Lynn - Making that a 14-0 double over Stalybridge...

Marine 2-6 King's Lynn - Making that a 13-3 double over Marine...

Finances

Originally posted by trenty08:

Im just doing my holiday now icon_smile.gif.

It's not agains the rules to keep reloading until I get Mangotsfield is it?

The reason I say this is because I actually play for Mangotsfield u16's icon_smile.gif

Certainly isn't, however, there is a Magnotsfield save game on dafuge's website so it might be easier to get it that way.

You'd think after signing all the players I did (15 total) in the summer transfer window that didn't really improve the side that much, I'd have learnt my lesson.

Nope.

Just gone and made another signing, this one for probably sentimental reasons (maybe financial too) 35yo Jamie Carragher who will start tutoring immediately.

Originally posted by ejthegreat:

You'd think after signing all the players I did (15 total) in the summer transfer window that didn't really improve the side that much, I'd have learnt my lesson.

Nope.

Just gone and made another signing, this one for probably sentimental reasons (maybe financial too) 35yo Jamie Carragher who will start tutoring immediately.

I forgot to look at birthday, he turned 36 the next day..lol

Fans criticise my tactics 2 weeks in a row because I apparently don't experiment enough.

First complaint was for a 4-4-2, next one for a 5-3-2. Make up your mind fans icon13.gif

As you might expect, we're in a horror run which I have no idea as to how it started.

8 games without a win or a clean sheet. Gone from 1st to 8th, although still have equal highest goal difference in the league.

Still losing £100k/month even after 2000 increase in stadium and crowd....no idea how that's possible if ticket prices are the same.

Congratulations Gillianchung - that's quite impressive!!!!

dafuge, do you need my save or a screenshot to verify that I completed the challenge?

As it's written in the 1st post a screenshot after every season is "mandatory".

We all wanna know how you did it so fast! We might learn a thing or two!

Originally posted by Blackmama:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">dafuge, do you need my save or a screenshot to verify that I completed the challenge?

We all wanna know how you did it so fast! We might learn a thing or two! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is Jimbo when you need him? icon_wink.gif

rinso - Chippenham Town 2009-10

well thats another season done, and yet again, a media prediction of dead last in the division. i was expecting a tough season, and i wasnt disappointed! the squad clearly needed strengthening, so a few players were brought in in both transfer windows, along with a couple of loanees, the most notable being Sean Rigg from my parent club, Bristol Rovers. signed him towards the end of my season in the BSS and he was a goalscoring revelation, could he do the same for me this year?! All in all, he, and the rest of my squad performed admirably, especially after losing our first three games. a tactical change resulted in better performances and results, and we went on to finish a creditable 14th, a full 10 places higher that predicted!! my board are delighted with my performance in exceeding their long term goals by so far, so presumably the sack is on the cards, we will have to wait and see!!

final league table

transfers

Sean Rigg

Originally posted by Blackmama:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">dafuge, do you need my save or a screenshot to verify that I completed the challenge?

We all wanna know how you did it so fast! We might learn a thing or two! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The minimum was a screenshot of the league table and the transfer history page for each season, you could always just post them all at once if you haven't done them yet. A screenshot of the CL final would be useful as well.

Witton Albion - Championship - 18/19 - Rodrigo De La Vega

I was really optimistic at the start of the season but that seemed to be all for nought. I got rid of Connor and promoted two of my youth keepers. I also promoted a striker and winger. I was fairly convinced I had a good mix.

The season started poorly and I ended up bouncing around the bottom of the table, dicing with the relegation spots until about midseason. This was because whilst my keeper had potential and some L2 experience he wasn't yet cut out for the Championship. One for the future definately but not for now. In the January transfer window I splashed the cash on two keepers. Vito Mannone and Jonathan north for about a combined £2m.

From then things picked up. And if one or two results had gone our way we might have snuck into the play offs.

table

graph

team

Other notable events....

We got around 5 million in the sell on clause of Fernando which boosted the bank balance to a nice and healthy 7 mil. Despite the almost selling out the 14200 stadium the loan payments and higher (but within budget wages) have us losing money.

Ballesteros was the striker I called up from the u18/reserves as back up but he took advantage of injuries to Braun and took his place. A definate contender for Player of the Season. He may even stop Anson getting it for the 6th time in a row (7th in total if he gets it).

Dvorak also looks like he is coming on leaps and bounds.

For next season, now I have a decent set of keepers, a fantastic strike force (67 goals between 3 strikers icon_biggrin.gif ) and a promising midfield, I need to challenge for a play off spot. I also need to keep a hold of the talent. Bakos, the most promising of my midfielders and a defensive lynchpin doesn't want to sign a new contract...and it's up at the end of this season icon_frown.gif

I've upped the wage budget so I can try and tempt him but it doesn't look good.

well full season update on the way as not quite finnished yet ( to much WoW been interfering with FM time)

but have just one the league cup so i can promise you it is going to be a good report on what is turning out to be a great season

Archived