***The 2009 FMS Awards - Live from a Nuclear Bunker somewhere near Tehran***

Terk

Nope ... but it's flattering to get what I've got.

He needs 7 tonight by my counting to go third in the overall awards table - which is pretty impressive in his first two years. I'm not sure, but that would possibly be the 2nd or 3rd best ever 1st two years and he'll probably smash it next year because I won nothing in my 3rd year - I'm lazy :p

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have plenty of attempts at ‘funny’ on FMS, and mostly they go down about as well as an Israeli in Tehran. Sometimes, however, there comes a story that has us ‘rotflmfao’ and other cool, unpronouncable acronyms. Those that you considered worthy of consideration for Funniest Story were,

“I Done Bought Myself Olympiakos” (FMS Characters) (Spav)

Against All Odds - The Davide Vert Story (Peacemaker7)

Jaffa Jaffa, but I prefer the Fig Roll !!! (mark wilson27)

Never Cross An Austro-Hungarian... (SCIAG)

I didn't retain my title as Michael Strang won last year. But thanks to all who voted for Copperhorse. Keep writing Copper as a character and you're more than due for the award you deserve.

Felt I had to provide some revisionist history! I wouldn't be a true American unless I did. Just read our textbooks. Thanks for the shout out tenthree...you, like Mark Hughes, are a gracious winner.

Felt I had to provide some revisionist history! I wouldn't be a true American unless I did. Just read our textbooks. Thanks for the shout out tenthree...you, like Mark Hughes, are a gracious winner.

Apologies, friend. I didn't mean to cause confusion. :(

10-3 to win FMS'er of the year.

Spav to win the funniest writer.

SCIAG to win best Newcomer.

Rat Pack to win Best English story - Done.

Rat pack to win best Story.

Rob Ridgeway for best character. - Done.

My accumulator is on :)

Didn't you know? the winner of the Betting Thread becomes next year's bookie?

Funniest Writer

A story doesn't have to have you on the edge of your seat to be good. Alternatively, the writer could have a brilliant sense of humour (or humor, which is entirely different). As such, no Canadian has ever been nominated for this award.

I was having a conversation with Mr Hackneydimmerjug before coming on stage today. He recognised my accent, and berated me. He said Britain was the most evil foreign power. I'm sorry, Mr President, but you're wrong. Britain isn't foreign.

So, this award is for those of you who write about a former army general turning Rangers into a branch of the militia, or how Bono took over at Blackburn.

The nominees are:

Spav

Peacemaker7

Gavrenwick

Apologies, friend. I didn't mean to cause confusion. :(

You had it right with your edit. NO harm done. I read your stuff and altered what you wrote. I like having the ability to edit other people's posts via the quote button on my posts. Can you imagine what fun that is to have the power of the moderator? Oh wait, you're already a moderator....dag nab it. I'll have to think of something else witty to stumble upon.

I lost last year, finishing with £0. Wegason won by miles and sparked an acculumator craze.

You let the cat out of the bag. You could have passed off the responsibility of educating us betting folks. Whoever said, "betting is so easy, even a caveman can do it," is wrong.

At my age, being premature is both inevitable and a huge problem. :D Sorry for the pre-post. :(

Best Newcomer

This award is important to me since I won it last year. If I were PM7, I’d say all the awards are important to me because I won them last year, but you can’t have everything. :)

The sponsors of our show have asked me to remind you, at gunpoint, that they are newcomers too in a way. I’m not sure what they mean by that, but I’m quite sure it scares me. I think they mentioned something about plutonium in the manifesto they read to me, but then being American makes me nervous in a place like this anyhow. I’m not sure I caught everything.

Thankfully, I have SCIAG’s screed to universal peace, World at War, to hide behind, as he is one of the nominees to succeed me as the best writer on the forum who is still wet behind the ears.

The nominees are:

SCIAG

The Perfect FM'er

Elrithral

gavrenwick

Was that from the early laps around the room with trousers down?

That, and these awards are surprisingly heavy, even with Gav helping. tenthree and Spav won't get out with them all.

Woo hoo! Hop, step, jump onto the stage! Thanks again everyone! I can't believe I've won three awards.

Night. I nominate canvey and Offspring to collect any other awards for me (though 10-3 and Terk will get them).

Archived