Per Ciljan Skjelbred

Clark123

Yeah looks downgraded. But always seems to perform on FM10 :)

In all honesty he is a great squad player for top teams, and a starter for teams like Portsmouth/Hull.

Supposedly (from the unspeakable PA list that was on here briefly) his PA is incredibly high... Like VERY high :)

Actually, I have a Rosenborg shirt with his number 15 on the back. I love this player, also in real life he's an amazing talent!

So much better in FM09 :(

He has infact been upgraded both in both CA and PA, so I doubt he was much better in FM09. The attribute change is down to a different weighting of the attributes from the 09 version to the 10 version!

I signed him for Newcastle as I needed a flair player and his favoured club is coincidentally Newcastle. Maybe it was a case of me not knowing his best position. He did just average for me, a couple of assists and 1 goal in ~20 matches, av. rating 6.8 to 6.9+ iirc.

Anyone knows his best position? He has high creativity, flair, off-the-ball and passing along with excellent determination, pace, teamwork and workrate. But his dribbling is half decent and he can't finish or shoot long. I played him in a deeper role alongside a ball-winning midfielder in Smith but his assist record speaks for himself.

Anyone has any success with him?

Well, yes perhaps it isn't "incredibly" high but you need to remember other players with similar PA:

Adebayor

Mario Gomez

Juan Manuel Mata

Theo Walcott

Wesley Sneijder

Daniel Agger

I still can't really believe his been given such a high PA, I'm slighly shocked to be honest. I love the wee guy and I think he's an excellent prospect in real life but I didn't think Norway were allowed such high PAs in general..

But he should be pretty fantastic (unless of course that PA list was inaccurate!)... I'm buying him anyway :D

In real life, he's very determined and an insanely hard worker (used to throw up after games a lot because he was so tired), a smart player, reads the game well, good passer, creative.

In 09, I had a Wolves save that went on until around 2016. One of my first purchases Skjelbred, and he did well for me in the CM position (I played 4-2-3-1).

Might buy him again this year, although (as mentioned), it seems he's been downgraded a lot. Then again, so has just about everyone else in the game, so it might not be a big deal

I've been buying him for a couple of seasons now and I think his stats are deceiving, I've actually found him to be much better this time around

I'd have to agree mate, he's always performed so much better than his stats would suggest for me. On FM09 I had season upon season where he played every game possible in top european leagues and every season he averaged above 7 in rating :thup:

EDIT: A story came out in Norway today that Wolfsburg tried to sign him last summer for 5m Euro, it was knocked back by the board straight away. That's how highly rated this guy is...

• 6 months later...

i got him for bolton, used all by transfer budget on this guy, don't remember exact prize. first season he played only ok, but then second and third season i played him as an advanced playmaker as mc and he has been playing really good, getting loads of assists. but his stats increativity and passing isn't that great for a playmaker, still he plays amazing. and he is professional, so he won't sulk for too long if you reject bids from bigger clubs.

Archived