FM10: Official Valencia Club de Fútbol Thread

davehanson

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started my game as Valencia.

Think I'm going to go with a 4-2-3-1 formation - just wondering what tactics you recommend for the wide players (mata / joaquin etc)... should they be played as wingers on support with drilled balls or should I switch their wings and play them as inside forwards with through balls etc to utilize villa's pace and give a more total football style to the team?

Why not do both - depending on the opposition. You should retrain Silva as AMR because he is quite good at 'inside forward' and that way you've got someone who can play very well at AML, AMC and AMR.

I've also found Joaquin is a very effective winger who chips in with a few goals, but I've not tried him as an inside forward yet.

Finshed my 1st season finshed 3rd in the league behind who else Villa was on fire scoring 53 goals Mata was next best on 8 meaning its a 1 man team now hopefully i get more goals out of the others next season.Ochoa was great for me better then Moya infront of goal.

Right, so last night I started a save with Valencia. I've played about two months of the season and thought I'd post a little update here.

So looking at the sqaud in pre-season, I could quite clearly see that there is a vast wealth of attacking talent in the side that could propel the club to the highest level so long as there was a good defence behind them. Well, the defence is not so great and this is something I have tried to address, albeit with younger players.

Firstly, my ins and outs:

INS:

Sebastian Battaglia - £5,000,000

Ignacio Camacho - £3,7000,000

Lacina Traore - £1,000,000

Jeremy Helan - £300,000

Alphonse Areola - £150,000

Total: £10,250,000

OUTS:

Manuel Fernandes - £3,500,000

Jordi Alba - £2,500,000

Miku - £2,000,000

Hedwiges Maduro - £2,000,000

Nacho Gonzalez - £2,000,000

Asier Del Horno - £1,500,000

Lillo - £975,000

Jose Luis Milnano - £450,000

Enrique Tortosa - £30,000

Salva - Free

Jose Mario Cases - Free

Total - £15,000,000

I have looked to add some strength to the team, specfically the midfield and I've also got a few young players to replace some the aging players in key positions. Lacina Traore will replace Zigic one day, and my long term target for Villa's replacement is Iker Munian but there were issues with the price. Camacho will replace Baraja and Albelda (eventually). Areola will hopefully be number one in about four years and Helan will hopefully be first choice left back in that time as well. Battaglia adds strength and experience to the midfield.

All of the outs are players I deem not good enough for what I want to achieve with Valencia.

I am playing a 4-2-3-1 (Deep) formation, like so:

Miguel Angel Moya

Miguel Carlos Marchena Alexis Jeremy Mathieu

David Abelda Sebastien Battaglia

Pablo Hernandez David Silva Juan Manuel Mata

David Villa

It basically uses two midfield spoilers who look to break up play and move the ball on to the front four, who between them have enough creativity and finishing ability to cause any team trouble. The defence may be a bit suspect, but I'll have to make do with the avaliable funds.

Our season has started very well:

Slavan Bratislava 0 - 2 Valencia

The first leg of our Europa League qualifier turned out to be easy enough. We were without Villa so Zigic played up front. He set up Pablo Hernandez for the first goal and then Pablo himself set up Mata for a tap in at the back post. Job done away from home and I fully expected us to turn them over at the Mestalla.

Valencia 0 - 0 Slavan Bratislava

We dominated for 90 minutes but could not find the back of the net. Without Villa up front we really lacked a clinical finisher. Never mind though, because we did the job away from home.

Osasuna 0 - 1 Valencia

A tricky start to the season. Osasuna were organised and plucky and it took a quick break away which was capped off by David Silva to seal a victory. Pretty satisfied with how the match went and again, we did well without Villa up front.

Valencia 2 - 0 Valladolid

Again, no David Villa, but Dealbert and Silva popped up with goals in a game we dominated. We're still not quite at our best at this point.

FC Timosora 2 - 4 Valencia

A class shone through in this game, specifically David Silva. His pass set up Lacina Traore who ratteld the ball home for his first Valencia goal, and then soon after Silva scored from 25-yards. Vicente crossed for Pablo, who made it 3-0 before the break. Timosora got one back through some sloppy defending, but Silva scored again to put the game beyond doubt. More sloppy defending lead to anoter Timosora goal. In the end, a brilliant start to our Europa League group campaign.

Valencia 2 - 0 Zaragoza

An easy win with tap ins from Mata and Joaquin. STILL no Villa. Cannot wait for his return.

Getafe 1 - 3 Valencia

Another tricky away game and it started terribly when Cata Diaz scored a thunderous free kick after just two minutes. David Villa had to come on at half time despite not being 100% fit. He made the difference instantly when he converted a penalty won by Silva. We pressed and pressed, Getafe holding firm. Dealbert then picked a straight red for a professional foul and it looked doubtful we'd win, if it was not for some brialliant from Juan Manuel Mata. From nearly 30 yards, Mata drove the ball home into the top corner in the 85th minute. Mata was not done though, as just two minutes afterwards he dribbled past one player and converted from a tight angle.

Valencia 5 - 0 Malaga

We were at out best here, where David Villa, starting for the first time this season, scored twice. Pablo added another two before Mata, from a tight angle, score a magnificent half volley which gave the Malaga keeper no chance.

All in all, a great start but the real test comes this upcoming month. We play Real Madrid at home, followed by Barcelona away, Sporting home and then Villareal away plus two Europa League fixtures sandwitched in between. I'll let you know how I get on :thup:

Nice post mate.

Here's my updated transfers for this season after some Jan transfers.

TRAYn.png

Villa has been a little disappointing for me. He's done alright (playing complete forward), scored 7 goals with 5 assists in 18 games - he's been injured for a while.

Anyway, I brought in Milevsky, who's been fantastic - 15 goals and 7 assists in 20 games.

I also brought in Gignac who I've not had the chance to play yet.

HQVcQ.png

Those are my second season transfers, the best of which so far has been Geromel - excellent CB and is perfect for the 'cover role' behind Otamendi.

Montolivo was also a steal at £11m, and Adler, who cost a lot, is young and will be my 1st choice for 10 years with any luck :D

Thought I'd give a quick update on my save.

ValenciaLeagueTable.jpg

With the squad I had at my disposal, I did not forsee us being in this position. I earlier highlighted that the defence was the weakest part of the team, but to my pleasant surprise we have conceded the less amount of goals in the league which, if you look at the amount of goals we have scored, shows that is the reason behind our success this season.

David Villa must have missed at least three months of the season due to injury and we did miss his goals. However he is making up for lost time right now. Firstly he scored twice against Barcelona in a 3-1 win over tham at the Mestalla - one of them being from 65 yards as Valdes came up for a corner. He then scored the opening goal in a 2-2 draw with Real Madrid away from home. I'm very pleased to have him coming back into form at this moment in time, because Zigic has been very inconcistant and Lacina Traore cannot yet be relied upon for goals.

I did add to the squad in January, having been given an extra £8,000,000 to spend from the board. I got in Federico Vilar to add some quality to the goalkeeping position, Danny Wilson for centre back who, at 18, is already my second best defender, Koke the young attacking mid from Atletico and Arsenio Valpoort, the young Dutch striker.

We've still have to play Sevilla at home and Atletico away - the sort of games where you can lose the title. My goal is to not lose for the remaining 11 games.

I'll keep you updated on the title chace.

There is now reserve league in Spain. Teams in Spain have what are called "B" teams that play in the lower divisions in Spain. These teams basically consist of young players are really bad players that just won't make it with the first team. So you can imagine that you are not allowed to someone like David Silva into youe B team to gain match fitness, because it gives them a clear unfair advantage.

ValenciaLeagueTable2.jpg

End of first season, delighted with the season as a whole. A few months before hand, there were four teams swapping about the top and I wasn't sure who would win the title, but we held on to top spot in the last two months of the season. Our defensive record is what I am most pleased with.

We dropped out the Europa League to HSV in the round of 16, and Barcelona knocked us out the Copa Del Ray in the semi-finals. I wasn't too bothered by these competitions, anyway, but I was disappointed not to go a little further.

David Villa was my top goalscorer with 27 in all competitions. Pablo Hernandez was second with 13 goals, and Silva and Mata both got 12 goals each so we weren't relying on Villa for all our goals.

David Silva got the most assists with 17. Pablo Hernandez got 13 and Villa got 12.

I've already got Brede Hangerland and Cesar Azpillicueta coming from recently relegated Osasuna, so my defence should now be considerably stronger which will help in the Champions League. I already know who to sell and where to strengthen for next season. I'll give a more comprehensive update on that when I start the next season :thup:

Mental. With 5 games to go and having been 2nd almost the entire season, my team's motivation seems to have just gone.

A 3-1 loss to Real, followed by consecutive draws against Osasuna, Sporting and Tenerife, then a 3-0 loss to Getafe! Just to rub it in Zaragoza just beat me 3-2. I'm now 4th.

One saving grace is that I'm in the final of the Europa league against Chelsea. We'll see how that goes.

I'm in the first season and struggling a touch, what seems to be the best formation for Valencia? I have tried a standard 4-4-2 and now going for 4-3-3 with Villa up top on his own with 2 wide attacking midfielders (wingers - Mata and Joaquin). I also need to buy a good defensive midfielder, I have up to £12m to spend so any recommendations? Cheers

I'd say that the best formation to suit Valencia is 4-2-3-1, either with two cental midfielders or two holding players. Sort of like Rafa Benitez's formation. I use it with two DM's - one Anchor Man and one bob standerd defensive mid who has the job of getting forward a bit more and passing the ball to the attacking four. David Silva plays behind Villa, but not as a traidtional AMC. I play him slightly deeper. Two traditional wingers in Mata and Pablo, and David Villa the Complete Forward.

As for a good defensive midfielder: I got Sebastian Battaglia from Boca for something like £5,000,000 to £7,000,000. Very solid and very determined. Also you might want to look at Sandro (Internacional), Simon Rolfes (Leverkusen) and Sebastian Kehl (Dortmund).

Can't wait for the new patch to start a Valencia save! Maybe I am starting a game this evening. Is Hernandez good enough to play him as a starter? I want to play a 4-2-3-1 formation with Villa as the lone striker, Silva behind him, Mata and prob.Hernandez on the wings - if he is good enough.

Looking to sell Joaquin (can't stand him), Zigic, del Horno.

Just started a save with Valencia 10.3

I bought

Anna 5m

Lukaku 13m

Tropak 8m

I sold

Zigic 7 m

Maduro 2m

Vicente 5m

My 11

Villa/Lukaku

Silva/Mata Dominguez/Silva Joaquin/Hernandez

Banega Fernandez/anna

Mathie alexis tropak miguel

Moya

Ill go for Akinfeev ....

Have you thought about Ochoa - Just started a save and bought him for 4.5m over 48 months.

Only problem is that he is Non EU so I have sold Zigic (he seemed the weekest of my Non EU's Benega/Dominguez/Zigic)

Whenever I've bought him he has done brilliant for me.

Can't wait for the new patch to start a Valencia save! Maybe I am starting a game this evening. Is Hernandez good enough to play him as a starter? I want to play a 4-2-3-1 formation with Villa as the lone striker, Silva behind him, Mata and prob.Hernandez on the wings - if he is good enough.

Looking to sell Joaquin (can't stand him), Zigic, del Horno.

What has happened to Joaquin! He used to be a world beater on previous editions but now I see that Hernandez is far better!

Ochoa is good but in a long run i preferet Akinfeev....

Is that how much he is costing?? I've not had the money to get him on a FM10 save yet. Had him at Juve on FM09 and he was awesome so can't really disagree!

Who is Tropak? Not even heard of him yet. How is Lukaku doing? I havent bought him yet but I hear good things about him on here.

Yeah Akinfeev is like 25m a bit expensive but its worth it i dont know if is topak or tropak dont remember but he is a very good defender and he only 19, he plays in Germany Fribirgo something like that is the name of the team, he is from turkey....

Well and lukaku he is Villa back up , hes playing good and i have Villa tutoring him....

JEinchy - great work!

I'm currently 13 games into my save - won 11 drawn 2 but yet to play Barca or Real.

Kept it quiet on the transfers front... only brought in Camacho, Di Maria, Otamendi and a young regen GK. Only Di Maria is first choice out of these guys as well. I'm sticking with idea of changing as little as possible from season to season as I've ruined previous games by going on a Tony Mowbrey style spending spree.

I've also gone for the 4-2-3-1 and have settled on the following team:

GK - Moya - Has been consistently superb for me.

DL - Mathieu - Fairly consistent and has got over the language barrier.

DCs - Marchena / Alexis - I'm restricting Otamendi to easier games or sub appearances in the 70th minute if either DC gets booked.

DR - Miguel - Definitely seems to be better than Bruno.

DMC - Baraja - Again, experience is important for this position, so Camacho's appearances are restricts like Otamendi's.

MC - Fernandes - Has been pretty good and doesn't hide when things aren't going our way... which I like.

AML - Di Maria - Sold Vicente for £5m and brought this guy in for £5.5m has been excellent for a player of his age.

AMC - Silva - Keeps getting sent off but is by far the most creative player in the team.

AMR - Joaquin - Has been brilliant for me and Hernandez can't get a look in (and when he does he's crap).

ST - Villa - 18 Goals in 13 league games - scored 5 in the last game I played and got a 9.9. My only complaint is that he'll do this in one match then you won't see him in the next. However, I'm getting the goals from elsewhere, the results are going my way and he's a lone striker again 2 centre backs so I'm not complaining. :D

Possible signings:

Currently eyeing up Criscito for DL and possibly Esposito for DC... Genoa seem to have an amazing defence!

Will also need a new GK to challenge Moya.

Might give Danny Wilson a look as well - always like to sign fellow Scots / Gers and he was class today (IRL) :D

Going to finish my 2nd season tonight. 1st season was a desaster as I struggled with tactics all the time and by the time I got a good run it was too late and I couln't catch up with the 4th place thus finishing out of the Champions League places. At least I reached the Euro League final but lost in an equal game 0-1 to Galatasaray.

Season 2 sold all the players who could ony play in wide positions as I changend the formation to a narrow diamond (the tactic I had most success with on patch 10.2) and it is working very well.

TRANSFERS 2010/2011

11j7va1.jpg

SQUAD 2010/2011

2vlk3kk.jpg

LEAGUE TABLE 2010/2011 after 25 games

2lwst37.jpg

And my hottest youth propect from the own academy:

148doo2.jpg

im really struggling with valencia on 10.3, for the life of me i cant find a formation to fit, im still in my first season at around march and i didnt sell anyone, i bought lukaku, fazio and federico vilar in goal. ive tried a near real life reflection of 4-2-3-1 with the two CMs playing centrally, one being a ball winner and the other a deep lying playmaker, ive tried a counter attacking 4-2-3-1 with 2 holding players, one being a deep lying playmaker, ive tried a 4-4-2 diamond, 4-1-2-2-1 with a back 4, holding midfielder, 2 wingers, 2 attacking midfielders and a striker, usually my valencia save is my most enjoyable and by far the longest. can anyone help me find a suitable formation, im getting desprate, i want to play counter attacking football but it doesnt seem to work too much when ive tried and playing possession fooball seems to be non exsistent on this patch.

im really struggling with valencia on 10.3, for the life of me i cant find a formation to fit, im still in my first season at around march and i didnt sell anyone, i bought lukaku, fazio and federico vilar in goal. ive tried a near real life reflection of 4-2-3-1 with the two CMs playing centrally, one being a ball winner and the other a deep lying playmaker, ive tried a counter attacking 4-2-3-1 with 2 holding players, one being a deep lying playmaker, ive tried a 4-4-2 diamond, 4-1-2-2-1 with a back 4, holding midfielder, 2 wingers, 2 attacking midfielders and a striker, usually my valencia save is my most enjoyable and by far the longest. can anyone help me find a suitable formation, im getting desprate, i want to play counter attacking football but it doesnt seem to work too much when ive tried and playing possession fooball seems to be non exsistent on this patch.

Maybe consistancy might be a problem for you. Also, what size is your is pitch?

Maximum size mate, consistency may be a problem but i duno, the whole possession football really gets to me because its how i like to play and it just seems impossible, i got outpassed by rayo in the spanish cup at home, and i had a pretty strong side out and barely won. I know it was only one game but throughout the season i have had maybe 3 games where i have more of the ball then the other team. if its against real madrid or barca then okay i can accept it, but with the players i have i cant believe ive struggled this much to come up with a formation that works.

Just finished the 2nd season.

LA LIGA

2wqtmh5.jpg

The decisive match of the season of the return leg away to Real Madrid where we lost 1-3. Both we and Madrid went on a good run towards the end of the season so we couldn't catch up.

Overall the team performed very well. Especially Guiseppe Rossi who was signed for 8.25M before the season was immense. With David Villa missing most of the 1st half of the season due to an injury Rossi stepped in and did his job perferctly. He finished the season with 43 league goals.

xgebyu.jpg

The Copa del Rey held no success story for us. We lost the 1st round to Barcelona.

We still managed to win silverware by beating Leverkusen 4-2 in the final of the UEFA Euro League.

For the upcoming season I've only managed to land one big transfer so far. OSC Lille offered Eden Hazard for only 6.5M. An offer I could not refuse despite already having a lot of strong offensive players. Now i'll be looking to strengthen the defensive parts of the team, especially the defensive midfield and central defense.

At what point do you guys find yourselves needing to replace Villa? I just finished 2014-2015, and while he's not awful he's starting to get to the point where he's such a shadow of his former self that he's not worthwhile anymore and I'm worried about 2015-16. I want to keep him around as a tutor and for cup matches, but his tendency to disappear for long stretches (he's lost some pace and acceleration, and his low strength is preventing him from being effective in other areas) is starting to worry me.

If anyone is using a 4-2-3-1 system, what role do u play David Villa as?

Trequartista for me (I aslo play 4-2-3-1). Im in March in my 1st season and he has scored 49 in 40 apps in all comps and is La Liga top scorer by a mile. He has also won Fifa Player of the Year, Fifa footballer of the year, World player and European Player of the Year awards and was in the FIFA Team of the Year

I'm in the second season in 3 place(as the first season and i'm still in Champions League-quarter)) with Valencia 6 points less than R Madrid, 3 from Barca. I think i will lose again la liga as the first season because of my awful defence, expecialy my Cb.

First Season:

Alexis - awful - sold

Navarro -same as above - sold

Marchena-weaker than those two above - sold

David Luiz - good, but injury prone(played only 20 games in first season, 20 in second season)

Jorgensen - good, but very inconsistent(especially in important games)

Second Season bought

Koulou - he destroy at least 8 games for me(rating 4-5-6) with mistake leading to goals - i sold him after 6 month

Spence- good prospect but still weak for games agains Barca, Real, etc

Toprak - best off all but still not what i want(last game against Barca his mistake cost me 2 point, i draw 2-2 at nou camp)

So i want some suggestion pls

ps: Sorry my poor english, not my first language.

Curtis Davies is a beast for my Everton defence as is Jagielka. Other than that the usual Otamendi, Sahko, Fazio. I just use the filter to search for players with good heading, jumping, strength, tackling, marking and then about 13 plus for speed and see who comes up.

Archived