FM10: Official Valencia Club de Fútbol Thread

davehanson

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ta, I think I\'ll retrain Silva to an AML to fit my formation.

I bought in Dominguez like I said I would, thought he did cost me £5m. As did Yanis Tafer, who came in from Lyon to be David Villa\'s protege. I would have got Muniain, but Bilbao wanted at least £10m.

Also brought in Eduardo Salvio. He was brought in as I thought Joaquin was leaving, however, Juventus pulled out at the last minute, meaning I had 3 AMR\'s in my squad, furthermore, I couldnt even register Salvio due to the foreign players limit, so I moved him out on loan to Racing.

Last deal in was Maxime Lestienne, who won\'t actually join until the end of the season. A good young left winger who comes from feeder club Mouscron, the scouts beleive can become Leading Liga BBVA winger, so worth a risk at £675k

Transfers out:

Jordi Alba - PSV on loan for the season

Ruben Baraja - Lyon for £1.4m

Salva - Vicenza for £110k

Nacho Gonzalez - Fiorentina for 2m

Miku - Toulouse for 1.9m

Vicente - Bayern for £4.6m

Normal line up would be something like this:

-----------------Moya-----------------------

Miguel-----Alexis-------Marchena-----Mathieu

----------------Albelda----------------------

-----------------------------Banega---------

Hernandez-------Dominguez--------------Silva

----------------------------Villa-------------

Ta, I think I\'ll retrain Silva to an AML to fit my formation.

I bought in Dominguez like I said I would, thought he did cost me £5m. As did Yanis Tafer, who came in from Lyon to be David Villa\'s protege. I would have got Muniain, but Bilbao wanted at least £10m.

Also brought in Eduardo Salvio. He was brought in as I thought Joaquin was leaving, however, Juventus pulled out at the last minute, meaning I had 3 AMR\'s in my squad, furthermore, I couldnt even register Salvio due to the foreign players limit, so I moved him out on loan to Racing.

Last deal in was Maxime Lestienne, who won\'t actually join until the end of the season. A good young left winger who comes from feeder club Mouscron, the scouts beleive can become Leading Liga BBVA winger, so worth a risk at £675k

Transfers out:

Jordi Alba - PSV on loan for the season

Ruben Baraja - Lyon for £1.4m

Salva - Vicenza for £110k

Nacho Gonzalez - Fiorentina for 2m

Miku - Toulouse for 1.9m

Vicente - Bayern for £4.6m

Normal line up would be something like this:

-----------------Moya-----------------------

Miguel-----Alexis-------Marchena-----Mathieu

----------------Albelda----------------------

-----------------------------Banega---------

Hernandez-------Dominguez--------------Silva

----------------------------Villa-------------

I use that formation too.

You can follow my valencia career here if you like >> http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=176396

I agree Valencia in FM seems a lot more stable than irl. In my game, very few are chasing Villa and Silva. In fact i have never received an offer for Villa.

Season two i got a transfer budget of 37 Mill Pounds, season three 57 Mill. Irl, we are only targeting players whose contract runs out.

Anyway I ve been good touch in season three training by 3 points in the 2nd spot after RM. Villa has slowed down scoring less goals although he is only 29. Antonio Valencia has been a revelation for me from the right. Big improvement from what Joaquin and Pablo Hernandez used to do. Palombo continues to be a rock in the midfield. Sakho is still getting used to La Liga. Only dissapointment has been my 30 Mill Pound signing Defour. I was hoping he would be able to win matches for me from midfield. So far it seems like he is far from my expectation.

I'm gonna start a Valencia save tonight.

I'm just wondering what leagues do you have active to play with?

I always activate Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Holland, and England. This time i was thinking of also loading all the players from the top divisions in europe.

But i don't know if it's to much.

im coming towards the end of my first season with valencia

iv been playing 4-2-3-1 and enjying it more than i thought i would

(i usually play 4-4-2 with other teams)

david villa has got 28 goals in 26 games in the league and its not over yet

david silva has been excelling in the AMC trequarista role assisting loads of goals

however im wondering where to go in the transfer window, iv agreed to sell pablo hernandez to real madrid for 12 mill in the summer

so naturally im looking for a right winger, but i cant seem to find a great right winger

id like to get Gourcuff but he hasnt got the pace for the wing so im considerign playing him in AMc treq and retraining silva to play on the right

i play with inside forwards anyway so him being left footed shouldnt matter too much, but what do people think? will silva suffer on the right wing? possibly because he would only be accomplished in that position rather than natural (as he is AMC)

was also thinking that Pastore from palermo looked good but he is just an AMC and would take too long to train to AMR

im also thinking about going back to the good old 4-4-2 if i can find a great regen striker and but that again would mean playing silva out on the right

has anyone had any experiance with Silva on the right? what do you guys think?

also would a partner upfront hinder Villa's amazing performances, does he play better alone?

thanks

You would rather keep Jordi and buy Camacho. Jordi turns out to be a fantastic player. Another reason is you may struggle to keep up with the need for 4 Home Grown Players for European Competition.

Jordi looks good but there is enough talent on the left - Mata, Silva and Vicente. The centre is weak with no real prospects or starters, the only defensive minded midfield player is Albelda and that doesnt really fit into the formation of the 4-2-3-1. To make up the home grown rule I promoted Michel from Mestella. He looks like a good prospect.

I dont know why Michel is so lowly rated in my game. I usually play with Villa as a lone Advanced Forward. But when i need to chase or am not making any impact up forward i bring in Cardozo as a target man and play Villa as advanced forward. Cardozo's height and strength brings about more scoring opportunities.

I did think of that, didn't work though.

You just need to register ones player less, i.e. 24 players if you onlt have 3 home grown players.

Incidently I play a similar syatem to most but noticed if you play Silva at AMC and Mata at AML and set them to interchange they drag the RB and RCB all over the place.

Merry Christmas fellahs,

I've been wondering; Have anyone tried playing Silva out left as Winger and putting Mata as an Inside Forward? Experience? Btw, do you guys play Villa as Trequartista or Complete Forward? Joaqin or Hernandez out right?

Andie

Hey Andie

- Silva is really best playing as a advanced playmaker, when I put him as a winger he is much much more quiet. Mata does well in either Inside forward or Winger roles. Play around with both and see what suits you best!

-Villa is a Complete Forward in mine.

-Both slimilar but Hernandez is better. I do however play Joaquin when Zigic is playing as his crossing is better.

Need some advice, had a brilliant 4-5-1 tactic that worked amazing on 10.1 with 2 other teams and Val, however since updating to 10.2 its just failed. Was wondering if anyone can post any advice on how the've got Val to work on 10.2, i'm not sure why were struggling we seem to score a similar ratio to other teams as we did before.

im not sure the exact date, but in the summer between the first and second season i got a message along the lines of - 'relocation to the new stadium is now complete'

its ready in time for the start of 2010/11 season as im playing in it now

as i said its 75 thousand seater, just a few hundred below Real's capacity, Barca still have a biggger stadium by far though

the stadium gets pretty full most of the time for me, i assume il be able to see a much larger turn over at the end of the season, mainly caused by ticket sales

Debt? there is a bank loan of £43.5 million, of which you pay back £268K per month until 30.6.2025

which isnt that big, compared to Man United's (which i played with before i saretd this Valencia save)

i havent found the debt a problem to manage, im in november 2010 and my balance is currently £42 million

in total so far i have spent only 28 million on new players and iv earnt 31 million from player sales

as long as you buy sensibly its easy to manage, Valencia start off with a good squad that only desperately needs one or two players (good central mid is key i think)

Valencia also have lots of players out on loan who can be sold after they return, Viana, Sunny etc.

they wont earn you much money each but collective you can make quite a bit

as i said iv earnt over 30 mill in 3 transfer windows from player sales and the only player who was anywhere near a first teamer was Pablo Hernandez for 12 million

im really enjoying managing Valencia as you have to work within a budget but that budget isnt too tight

and trying to topple Madrid and Barca is a real challenge considering both of their starting squads and finincial situations relative to Valencia's

also you have great attacking players Villa, Silva and Mata, who all seem quite loyal and will be around for a few years

Chelsea tried to flirt with Villa on my game and i was scared they would unsettle him but he said hes staying put

the thing i think will be a real challenge is finding someone to replace Villa when he gets older and cant play week in week out any more

im keeping my eye out for young cheap regens so he can tutor them and take of the goalscoring burden for years to come.

this has turned into a bit of an essay, sorry if its boring but atleast you know about the finances now Purefun

Halfway through my second season now. Thought I would post a little update-

In the first season I finished 3rd, and won no cups. My team looked a little weak in terms of depth and defence. I was given a lot to spend and spent it on the following-

Moutinho- £19.75M

Veloso- £16.5M

Guiza- £3.8M

Pachaeo- 850K

Suazo- Loan

Regen DC- £2.5M

Regen DR- £1.7M

Both regens are developing very very well and start alot of games for me despite being only 17. They are both Spanish too! Guiza is a massive flop, horrible forward :(, same with Pachaeo. I really did overspend on Veloso and Moutinho but the difference in class in the middle is amazing. Such a step up from Camacho and Banega.

In January I got-

Klose- 18K (Needed a different type of striker)

Regen DL- 220K Spanish and looks great.

That should help the squad abit. Also, I dont know if I did the right thing but Ribery is coming at the end of the season. However I have Joaquin and Hernandez on the right which do a good job for me so I'm not too sure :(. Hes going to be on £140,000 a week too......

First team-

GK: Eneyma (Moya)

DR: Miguel (Regen DR)

DC: Otamendi (Regen DC, Albert)

DC: Marchena (Alexis)

DL: Matheiu (Bruno, Regen DL)

MC: Moutinho (Banega)

MC: Veloso (Camacho, Albelda

AMR: Hernandez (Joaquin)

AMC: Silva (Mata, Banega)

AML: Mata (Vicente)

ST: Villa (Klose, Guiza, Pacheao)

:)

Have you tried to train Mata and Silva to play on the right wing, too? They both become world class inside forwards and the most important thing is that you have the possibility to rotate them as you see them fit in that precise moment.

I play Silva on the right wing sometimes. He is as effective as he is in other positions.

Anyway after winning La Liga twice the game has become a bit boring for me. In my 4th year and it sucks to see David Villa struggling to score goals.

The following is my team:

-------------Ochoa----------------

Azpilicueta--Otamendi-Sakho-Mathieu

----------------Palombo------------

----------Gourcuff------------------

Ribery---------Silva-----------Mata

------------Villa-------------------

Substitutes:

Diego Cavalieri, Zabaletta, Camacho, Fazio, Alba, Pablo Hernandez, Mario Balotelli, Cardozo.

I got Ribery for my right wing for a very low price. But he has been a disappointment. Villa has been dreadful and i have been having to rely on Oscar Cardozo for the goals.

I have also take a chance on Gourcuff for the MC position-although he is a natural AMC. So far nothing much to write about.

Planning to buy a right winger next season. Also thinking of Aguero to replace Villa. Of course Aguero will cost about 52 Mill Pounds.

• 3 weeks later...

Just started a Valencia campaign with 10.02

I have managed to get 98M $ from sold players (Joaquin, Zigic, Manuel Fernandes, Vicente, Marchena, etc..)

Then i spent 240M $ so far, not paying upfront ofcourse, but rather distribute that amount in 48 months.

My team

------------------------------Vilar--------------------------

-----Azpilicueta----Subotic----Gonzalo Rodriguez---Mathieu----

-----Luis Suarez-----Veloso---Silva-----Mata-----

-----Dzeko------Villa-------

my subs include Di Maria, Aquino, Camacho.

i ve also brought Lacina Traore but then loaned him to Racing, because of the EU player limitations.

I know i spent so much, especially for a team like Valencia, but i'd rather spend all this money in the first year, establish my own team, and then dont make any big changes for a couple of years at least.

I know it takes time to get good results when you build a new team, but i wouldnt be suprised if i m the champion in the first year :)

One question :

My budget was like 110M $ but because of the "payment options" i spent so much more then that but will be paying it in a couple of years time, how much negative effective would this have on my finances?

• 2 weeks later...

When does Villa stop being productive? I'm into 2012/13, and all of a sudden the goals have just dried up; I was playing him as a complete forward alone up front, and he's lost a point of pace (from 17 to 16, which shouldn't be the end of the world...) and all of a sudden he just can't score; he's still leading the La Liga scorer's table, and I'm four points clear of Real Madrid at the top of the table, but none of that's going to last if Villa's dried up. I've actually sat him out a couple of games, too; kinda depressing.

Also, Silva's just not doing anything for me at the moment; he's not even that old, which makes me wonder if I'm setting him up wrong. I've got him as a supporting attacking midfielder behind Villa, with Mata cutting in from the right and Hernandes cutting in from the left (I retrained both of them). I managed to pick up Dzagoev for next to nothing because he was unsettled, and have Modric coming in on a free (some things you can't pass up)...should I unload Silva?

Im 3 seasons into my first career game and have just accepted an offer to become Valencia manager. I noticed that my status of club favourite had disappeared from the Heerenveen info screen.

Just out of interest does that always happen when you leave? I had taken Heerenveen to 3 successive Eredivsion titles (the first in their history) and to a Dutch cup victory. Ive also turned the club into one considered 'Rich' aswell as having performed well in the Champs League (9 points in the second season group stage but got knocked out due to Benfica beating me home and away and in the 3rd season i drew a group of Shalke, Lyon and Fiorentina and missed out on the Europa League spot due to Shalke having edged our two meetings.)

Doesn't always happen, but you left a club, so that club aren't too happy.

Thanks for that. Dont you think it's a little unrealistic though? I would imagine that in reality someone giving a club its first ever league title and then following that up with 2 further back to back titles would go down as a club legend.

It's not an important point but as i said, slightly unrealistic in my eyes.

Canales has a release fee of £2m at the start of the game. So it is a lot for him :p

He must have signed a new contract or something because my scouts all said he'd cost £8m. I put in a £2.8m bid to test the waters and they rejected it.

Archived