FM10 Official Good Goalkeepers Thread

arsenal_2111

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm playing with Inter (season 1) and I'm searching for long-term replacement for julio Cesar.

Can you help me out? As Slovenian I wanted that this replecement would be Vid Belec, but I'm afraid he's not up to the task. I'm looking at Areola and Ochoa now.

Thaks for help :)

edit just seen the European post there, how about Steve Mandanda?

For £5-7Million? I think that's very unlikely. Which reminds me, Snoop Robbie Rob look at Stéphane Ruffier from Monaco.

Hi, I'm playing with Inter (season 1) and I'm searching for long-term replacement for julio Cesar.

Can you help me out? As Slovenian I wanted that this replecement would be Vid Belec, but I'm afraid he's not up to the task. I'm looking at Areola and Ochoa now.

Thaks for help

Lloris or Akinfeev?

Depends how much you have to spend geronimo86. Ochoa would be available relatively cheaply in comparison with Lloris, Akinfeev, Adler and Neuer, who are amoung the best four keepers on the game at full potential, but all will probably set you back at least £20million.

So if you have the money, go for one of the latter four I mentioned. Ideally though, my personal nod would go to Lloris, who is immense. Hopey will agree with me as well :D

Preferably about £5m, maximum is about £7m. Moya is so unreliable and when I played against Renan, he conceded 7 so I'm not keen on either.

My favourite to start with is Federico Vilar. 1-1.5m, leading premierleague material and would even sign for the championship). 32 though, but I was able to sell him for 5 times the price I paid for him after one season when I got offered Akinfeev.

• 2 weeks later...

david ospina has got to be the best keeper i've ever had on any football manager game.

so very young, reaches potential quickly, and is an amazing shot stopper. averages around 7.35-odd most seasons.

name: david ospina

team: ogc nice

price: 5-6m pounds

w/p: yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoPeY

Maarten Stekelenburg?

Good shout

No, bad shout! Stekelenburg can't handle the pressure of important matches. He could do a job for a mid-table prem side but play him in Europe at your peril...!

Akinfeev all the way for me, even at 35mill. Over 48 months its well worth it. I have bought him for tottenham in each of the last 4 years on FM and he has turned out to be full starred player each time. It took him just 1 season to become a 5* player and I have teams queueing up for him. Fortunately he is loyal and recently signed a new 5 year contract for 60k per week.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha oh right, that kind of cheap :)

You're not gonna find anyone with great potential then, but if I remember rightly there's a nice little thread about Romanian goalkeepers. Try searching for that or checking the links thread, because they were cheap and some had pretty good potential :thup:

adler, akinfeev mandanda etc are all usually too expensive. a good young fairly cheap gk (15milllion) is wolfsburgs diego benaglio, surprised no ones mentioned him

Benaglio definitely deserves to be mentioned alongside the lloris's and the adler's.

Command of Area, Aerial Ability and Handling all over 15 so he claims everything slung into the box. One on Ones, Reflexes and Agility all over 15 so he's also fairly impenetrable if someone breaks through the back line. But I think his best qualities are mental - high anticipation, concentration and positioning and there are very very few keepers in the game with high stats in all of those.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a lot of people mention Akinfeev and I do believe he is worth it, I mean ok he costs a lot of money, but he alone has won titles for me. I bought him for Hib's and had him 2 seasons, first season he conceeded loads, but 2nd season he settled and was amazing, then I moved to Man City and brought him with me and the same has happened again, his first season he conceeded a lot, but the last 2 seasons he hasnt conceeded over 20 including CL; cups and PRM.

• 4 weeks later...

I got Koen Casteels from Chelsea, decided to make him my starting GK in the second half of the season and he did a good job so far (better than Ustari or Pyatov did in the first half of the season). Trying o tutor him with Andiy Pyatov atm but I am looking for a veteran that I can hire for next season, starting material for a Euroleague challengerl and good mental attributes. Any suggestions? Guess all I need besides that is a backup for the RB so I would be willing to spend between 5 and 8m.

Since people don't know them,

Przyrowski, Pawelec and Jan Mucha are the 1st choice goalkeepers for Polonia Warsaw, Wisla Krakow and Legia Warsaw respectively.

They are all very good goalkeepers, and would be top class at Championship level, and lower Premiership level.

Personally I think they are all good enough to be good midtable premiership goalkeepers in real life, but alas, all players in Poland are underrated.

Anyone ever had experience with Antonio Adán? Hired De La Red and asked him for a possible signing and he suggested Adan, got him cheap so I wonder if he's worth keeping along and maybe building him up to my number 1?!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived