FM2010 blogs #27 - Achievements. And 2 new match engine videos.

Sound in match (crowd etc) no better that FM05! and worse than CM0102. I know this is no surprise, was announced weeks ago but really SI do not grasp how important this is. And to those that never listen to in match sound, you may if they were any good!

Match sound is very important to me as well. It can add so much to the match atmosphere. It's a huge shame it hasn't been improved for FM10.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, they are Steam achievements, not G4WL.

:(

Please think about offering G4WL achievements next year, this is one of the few games that'd actually keep me interested enough to attempt to get the achievements.

I just wish the 3D match engine can one day play like what we see on TV where we can differentiate the way a team like Barcelona or Arsenal plays with a side from the lower leagues or better still stadn out individuals like Ronaldo and Messi etc . Currently you could hardly tell the difference.

To be honest, no offence to anybody, but I'd rather not be too picky over the graphics in game as its not what FM as its not what its all about albeit if sigames are going to improve then I suppose they and us as the fans want it better and better.

To be honest, no offence to anybody, but I'd rather not be too picky over the graphics in game as its not what FM as its not what its all about albeit if sigames are going to improve then I suppose they and us as the fans want it better and better.

While understanding your point, I will try to put forward my point.

In my opinion CM 97/98 was one of the best games, definately one I enjoyed most! Sometimes I wonder, how could this be when it was so basic compared to other games. And the answer is quite simple - CM97/98 gave us a platform (the database of leagues and players), and changing scenarios (the commentary and scorelines) around which our fantasies then revolved fully.

CM97/98 didnt have press conferences or game graphics, yet quite frankly, in my games, I had them, because I could imagine being there.

I still remember that during my home games at Milan's San Siro, the backgroung picture was of San Siro and it was so effective because it helped us imagine that we are there in the sidelines.

Now we have press conferences for example, but the questions and answers are quite limited. Definately more limited that the ones we would fantisise going to if we were really the managers of a big club.

I am a bit worried that the 3-D view, while seeming of very good quality, does make it a bit more difficult for me to imagine I am there in Milan's stadium and playing Ronaldinho, when the stadium around the pitch is clearly customised, and Ronaldinho looks nothing like the real Ronaldinho.

My idea was to insert some player features in the database. Using again Ronaldinho as an example, all I would expect is setting the skin colour (Brown), Hair colour (Black), Hair style (pony tail), Shirt (untucked) and Boots (white). All these would be reflected in the small player currently showing in the 3-D view, so no elaborate graphics would be necessary. No need for the face to resemble Ronaldinho - the players are so small in 3-D view that you hardly see their faces. I would have thought that it wouldnt have been such a unrealisable thing - however I see that this may still not be very eacy to put in place, quoting Miles.

In conclusion, dont get me wrong, I love the game and have already pre-ordered FM2010. What I am trying to explain is that a new feature will always be judged on how well it can make us feel like being in the real thing, and thus I totally understand those people asking for realistic crowd chants, night games etc etc, no matter how cosmetic they may seem at face value.

What will the lower league stadiums look like? I imagine you'll see a small bleacher with a guy and his dog pretty much? Just wondering if smaller stadiums are factored in on 3D. Be silly to see at team like Chimney Corner with a large stadium...

Lower leagues are always " lower " also from a programming point of view.......

I don't understand why, being them the most attractive part of the game.........

I keep on seeing and reading stuff related to Premiership only, while lower league teams are ignored from a budget balance point of view, graphic one, etc etc....

Not fair

Academia v ?Lecioxes? is absolutely spot on. Why? The crowd in the stadia that's why. The Portuguese Liga is poorly attended amongst the lesser clubs. Academia's ground in Coimbra holds 30,000 & they only get about 5,000 per home game other than the visits of Benfica, Sporting & Porto.

Brilliant graphics. The football's a lot sleeker. SI have really cracked it.

Academia v ?Lecioxes? is absolutely spot on. Why? The crowd in the stadia that's why. The Portuguese Liga is poorly attended amongst the lesser clubs. Academia's ground in Coimbra holds 30,000 & they only get about 5,000 per home game other than the visits of Benfica, Sporting & Porto.

Brilliant graphics. The football's a lot sleeker. SI have really cracked it.

I'm sure I've read Miles say somewhere that the stadium size and crowd graphics are exactly to scale

That is to say, If a ground holds 30,000 there will be 30,000 seats, and if the attendance is 20,000 there will be 20,000 people

This kind of indicates that lower league grounds will be pretty accurate

Hey Miles..

Massive Question .. :)

You say that if i use Steam, I could Log on at any pc with the steam client installed and play my saved game.. HERES MY QUESTION..

Could i then possibly play a 2 players game with a friend using steam? IE : He logs on from his house and me from my house? That would be amazing!

Looking forward to you reply!

Francois Grogor - Cant wait for FM10

Archived