FML or FM09?

i dont see why people say FM live is more casual. Fm08 i can load a saved game play a match and exit.

In FML i have to watch my players contracts, make sure i earn enough money to pay thier wage, make sure to train new skills (now we even have to train skills to set our own tactics). Also need to scout new players, since there is no scouts to hire. And if you want to have a youth team, you have the double work to do.

Originally posted by Fred:

i dont see why people say FM live is more casual. Fm08 i can load a saved game play a match and exit.

In FML i have to watch my players contracts, make sure i earn enough money to pay thier wage, make sure to train new skills (now we even have to train skills to set our own tactics). Also need to scout new players, since there is no scouts to hire. And if you want to have a youth team, you have the double work to do.

I agree. The FM 0X version are the casual gamers game, not FML.

Originally posted by Franco_Orient:

Neither until I'm certain FM 09 is a better game than 07, which 08 quite simply was not.

I'm with him, I'll download the 09 demo, and if it's better than 07, I'll buy it. 08 is rotting on a shelf and all I use it for is to check players stats and do ME tests.

I won't buy Live.

No way live tested it and was disappointed didnt really enjoy isnt my way of playing fm! fm 09 here we come cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only online game I play is Live For Speed, and even that rarely enough. So anything Live is off-limits for me.

Plus, I don't like monthly fees, I don't play any single game often enough to justify them.

So I'll be sticking to the single-player experience of FM09.

Having Tested FML for a few weeks ive found it a big dissapointment from all the hype. Yes it is a craking game when it comes to personalisation, but it falls way short of the mark of a football title. Tactics take time and dedication to learn, really only for the hardcore fans. Matches are simpler but without learnt tactics you can pray to which ever god you support as results are mainly inconsistant.

I would say to anybody, buy a months game time on FML, if you dont like it go for FM09.

Each person to their own though.

No FML for me, i don't like its idea.

FM09 for sure providing that match engine be more realistic and remove or fix the buggy or unnecessary features like board confidence and pithc dimensions.

I prefer FM07 over FM08.

FM09 without a doubt.

I was fortunate enough to be a beta tester for FMLive, I found it awful.

It is way too demanding. You need to leave the game on for hours to be able to learn skills to change the simplest of tactics. It's a complete joke to think I have to keep the PC running just to be able to change a few things in the game. There is so much more I can say but here is not the place.

I'm going with FM09, even if it's just an updated player list of FM08.

It is way too demanding. You need to leave the game on for hours to be able to learn skills to change the simplest of tactics. It's a complete joke to think I have to keep the PC running just to be able to change a few things in the game

Err, you aren't that thick surely? the skills in FML don't stop when you turn your PC off, blimey, good thing you did give it up.

So impressed with the ex-Beta testers!

The whole point of a Beta is for people to suggest ideas that might improve the game. If you didn't like aspects of FML, rather than running away and criticising it here, why didn't you start a debate in the Beta forums.

FML has the opportunity of being a very, very good game. I think it has one or two structural issues that are currently being debated and ironed out, but once they are I think it will hold long-term appeal. The improvements made in the last month or two are excellent. I hated it when I first played it, but I stuck it out, made suggestions, many of which were implemented, and keep on doing so. Others do the same. For those of you that wimped out, you lost the chance to help mould the game into a quality online football management simulation.

As for the debate in the thread, why not both? Try FML. If you don't like it, you haven't spent too much and you can return to FM09 without having lost much. If you do like it, you have gained considerably.

Lol at the Moderators trying to sell FML, i agree i am a beta tester and i understand that its a work in progress but, when the full game is released some players will get the better players and dominate.

I have found the chat on FML fun though, however there are people who think there the daddy and this spoils it for me and i will defo be buying FM09 as it will be more enjoyable in the long run

Heh, seeing same people defending FML in same way as the were defending FM'08(bad buggy copy of FM 07) pretty much changed my mind completely.

As long i don't see positive feedback about FM '09 from someone who didn't lose credibility in my eyes, i won't even buy FM 09 either.

I am perfectly happy with 07 till then.

Originally posted by Chel10ham Town fc:

Lol at the Moderators trying to sell FML,

Lol, i know. They can't take it because some of us disliked the game. and Lol @ Kriss. Get a grip, mate.

The last i read was that there would be no new features added to the game for live. So we were pretty much playing a live game, but ironing out a few bugs. Which is fine, I've tested a good few MMOs.

I did not like the game, and wont buy it when it first comes out. Si did say, however, that there will be 'loads' of features added to the game in the future. I'll wait until these are added and review it again.

Originally posted by Chel10ham Town fc:

Lol at the Moderators trying to sell FML, i agree i am a beta tester and i understand that its a work in progress but, when the full game is released some players will get the better players and dominate.

I have found the chat on FML fun though, however there are people who think there the daddy and this spoils it for me and i will defo be buying FM09 as it will be more enjoyable in the long run

Which are the structural issues I was talking about and have started debates about in the Beta forums. You may also have noticed my saying I hated it at first. That I don't now and would recommend people trying it out is that I think it is in the process of becoming a very good game.

If I have lost credibility in anyone's eyes by defending FM08, you might well read back through my posts. I have consistently stated I found it flawed but have defended the engine not being close to as bad as people were saying. I also suggested ways to minimise frustration and get the most out of the engine tactically. At no point have I ever defended non-engine modules and I do recognise and agree with some of the issues people have complained about. I hope they will be fixed for 09 as well. However, these issues won't make FML a bad game. The only thing common to both is the engine, which I think has come on leaps and bounds since 8.0.2.

Archived