SI have rushed this patch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

So before the patch there were too few goals, now there are too many goals. Can someone explain what the ideal amount of goals is so that SI can incorporate it in future games.

As for "facts" waynef, you were moaning about them rushing the patch, there is an obvious comparison between this moan and people who moaned before hand, even if you didn't.

There ya go facts sorted and my point remains.

PS. If you have seen a lot of people complaing about the amount of goals, as you stated earlier, why feel the need to open a new thread. Yawn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im saying that in my opinion SI rushed the patch due to the amount of high scoring games theres no moaning in that what so ever

for me before the patch the highscoring games didnt come often but with this patch it does iv never moaned about SI doing there job right or wrong and i never will.

your fact still remains in the gutter

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reidy - lol i know its a derby game but its abit to much imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Havent Spurs recently beat Arsenal 5-1, did Arsenal not beat Spurs 5-4 (or 5-3 cant recall) a season or 2 ago.

These things happen.

I've read countless things are wrong with FM07 (which I'm still playing at the moment) and I havent noticed any of them in the last 12+months.

Some people just read to much into stuff

I havent played loads of games but am surprised to see lots of goals as imo defending is very solid now.

Im playing as Forest in our 2nd Premiership season and find that even though my usual attacking game has been nipped, that Im able to defend far more effectively than before, although so can the AI teams so currently I cant buy a goal to save my life. This I accept as I havent had much of a chance to try new things out.

Early days obviously but from what Ive seen SI (and Paul C in particular) have ticked many of the boxes that I personally wanted to see ticked.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waynef:

im saying that in my opinion SI rushed the patch due to the amount of high scoring games theres no moaning in that what so ever

for me before the patch the highscoring games didnt come often but with this patch it does iv never moaned about SI doing there job right or wrong and i never will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're saying that they rushed the patch, in good heart lol, is that possible. I would have thought it was a complaint whatever way you looked at it, whether it was a vigorous complaint or not, it would still be a complaint.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">your fact still remains in the gutter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif How very mature, this really makes me want to consider your posts in a new light lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glynners7:

Havent Spurs recently beat Arsenal 5-1, did Arsenal not beat Spurs 5-4 (or 5-3 cant recall) a season or 2 ago.

These things happen.

I've read countless things are wrong with FM07 (which I'm still playing at the moment) and I havent noticed any of them in the last 12+months.

Some people just read to much into stuff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnzy:

Rushed the patch? Take any longer and it will be time for FM09.

I agree there are still things wrong with the game but you cant say its been rushed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An extra week to make sure every sort of problem was encountered during testing would not have been a bad idea... For the first time we got to see a realistically done Turkish league but what do we get a financial bug to go along with it....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waynef:

for me before the patch the highscoring games didnt come often but with this patch it does iv never moaned about SI doing there job right or wrong and i never will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're saying that they rushed the patch, in good heart lol, is that possible. I would have thought it was a complaint whatever way you looked at it, whether it was a vigorous complaint or not, it would still be a complaint.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">your fact still remains in the gutter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif How very mature, this really makes me want to consider your posts in a new light lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why do alot of you not understand that im not moaning or complaining about it im just saying that imo the patch was abit rushed maybe they were pressured into realesing it i dont know but imo they could of waited another week and give it a really intensive test.

Glynners7 - ya they has been some highscoring games between them im saying that theres alot of goals which i thought were abit to much.

but you all might think diffrent and says its all normal thats your opinions

SI would open there arms on opinions why do u think they havnt closed this thread.

its not just me theres other people who have the same opinion

why do alot of you not understand that im not moaning or complaining about it im just saying that imo the patch was abit rushed maybe they were pressured into realesing it i dont know but imo they could of waited another week and give it a really intensive test.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok ok lets stop this petty squabbling. Perhaps my reaction was because i'm fed up seeing threads slating the game and immediately assumed this was another.

However, you must admit that if it weren't for a lot of people who posted nonsense on these forums and yapped constantly about money back etc then perhaps the patch would have ben perfect because there would not have been as much pressure to produce it so quickly.

Personally I haven't played much of 8.0.2 just yet because I haven't had a chance but my goal average pre patch was 2.1 if it goes up dramatically it will be annoying but the people to blame IMO are those who created post after post after post of drivel about taking SI to court because they put their game on holiday and missed the Spanish registration.

Not sure this is the biggest issue; i've currently got averages of 1.9 goals for and 0.2 goals aggainst, so it seems spot on.

Although i do believe the patch was rushed (understandable considering the amount of negative feedback they've received) i do however think there are bigger issues than this.

Maybe the high scores are a result of using the usual attack-oriented tactics in 8.0.1.

All attack mentality = no defense

Looking at Worcester City Researcher, it seems like the number of goal between AIs seem normal. Perhaps some others can post similar end of season stats?

SI would open there arms on opinions why do u think they havnt closed this thread.

its not just me theres other people who have the same opinion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Opinions don't carry as much weight as fully experimented and documented gameplay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SiN8:

Maybe the high scores are a result of using the usual attack-oriented tactics in 8.0.1.

Looking at Worcester City Researcher, it seems like the number of goal between AIs seem normal. Perhaps some others can post similar end of season stats? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Premier***** table from same game: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7826/premik8.png

even though this issue is defenetly match engine, it's surprise that nobody mentined player atributes here. most games with high scores have teams like arsenal. imo, many top player atributes are way over rated. I think that SI saw it and made chnges to decrease some player's stats. but I still think top player's are over rated. look at eduardo for example, I'm sure he'll score more then 30 goals in season with new data with those stats. anyway I have tweaked database of my own, I lowered and re made many top player stats. I wonder if my games will be different.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Worcester City Researcher:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SiN8:

Looking at Worcester City Researcher, it seems like the number of goal between AIs seem normal. Perhaps some others can post similar end of season stats? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Premier***** table from same game: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7826/premik8.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have thought the goals for the top teams seem quite low if anything and they seem to have conceded a lot as well.

i totally disagree with this thread, sorry but its not true, once again a 3 match proof that this guy is wrong, i won 3 - 1, 1 - 0 and 2 - 0, therefore i dont see how your scores say that this patch makes you score too much lol, i only just about won 1 - 0 after about 40 shots

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doruk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnzy:

I agree there are still things wrong with the game but you cant say its been rushed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An extra week to make sure every sort of problem was encountered during testing would not have been a bad idea... For the first time we got to see a realistically done Turkish league but what do we get a financial bug to go along with it.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no such thing as encountering every problem. No matter how long you test software and no matter how long you allow for the whole testing/bug fixing cycle, at some point in any software development process you have to just say enough is enough, we have to lock everything in as it is and get the software out the door.

Every piece of software (of a certain complexity) released by every software company ever has bugs in it. It's just about finding a point at which you deem the software to be an acceptable level to be sent out. I work for a company in software development in a hugely competitive industry were we need to produce high quality software to compete, but we also need to keep to a release schedule to compete also and we have to release software with a list of known bugs and a bunch of unknown bugs - it's just the way it is.

The fundamental problem is the old match engine and training system etc are past their best, nothing to do with this or that being rushed.

The game as a whole need's a major overhaul as SI are struggling with the current system to improve the game.

I'm showing my ignorance because I don't know how hard it is to make a game like this, but this version is proof SI need to change the system with newer technology or something, but how realistic that is I don't know, but I think SI are holding back.

If FM '09 is just another little incremental update this would be very disappointing and embarrassing for SI.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gazzamcg:

The fundamental problem is the old match engine and training system etc are past their best, nothing to do with this or that being rushed.

The game as a whole need's a major overhaul as SI are struggling with the current system to improve the game.

I'm showing my ignorance because I don't know how hard it is to make a game like this, but this version is proof SI need to change the system with newer technology or something, but how realistic that is I don't know, but I think SI are holding back.

If FM '09 is just another little incremental update this would be very disappointing and embarrassing for SI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is said every year, yet a majority of people still love and enjoy the game.

So they change the me etc and we'll have people screaming about it being awful then in 3 years time we'll all love it and someone else will come along saying it needs changed again because it is flawed.

What is so dramatically wrong with the current game and what are the suggestions that would make it better. An improved training system is hardly wetting my appetite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gazzamcg:

If FM '09 is just another little incremental update this would be very disappointing and embarrassing for SI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It may well be that they have radical new match engine ideas or training implementations being developed alongside what is going into the current game - most development cycles have some short term projects for the next software issue and some longer projects for a version somewhere down the line.

Given how difficult it is to balance everything in a game like this though a completely new match engine will need a phenominal amount of testing before it can be used. If you think there are bugs in the current one they are as nothing to what you would get if a brand new match engine was wheeled out before it had been very thoroughly tested.

Building on something that works already with incremental changes means you can always roll back to a certain extent if things go pear-shaped. CM4 was possibly the worst version that there has been and that was because it included the then radical new 2-d match engine which was subsequently improved hugely to be an, in general, excellent engine.

• SI Staff

No, we haven't rushed the patch.

There are a couple of errors that have slipped through, like the DeFoe error which we've provided a work around for, but we're incredibly happy with the match engine, and the game as a whole.

Reading these kinds of threads, a handful of people disagree, and that is their right. We provide lengthy demo's of our games to let people make purchasing decisions, and we must be getting something right, as this is our best selling game to date at this stage, it's reviewed very well (a couple of bad reviews, but 99% of them have been very good), and we've been no.1 in the UK PC charts now for 13 weeks, with hopefully more to come.

If you are disappointed with the game, or don't like it, then I'm sorry, but we cannot please all people all of the time. It's simply an impossible task, as people have different opinions on all kinds of things, as is often shown by who has control of the SI stereo....

On the first page, someone suggested that Ackter was wrong when he suggested that there is no point looking at stats until you had 100 matches to look at, and that that number was too high. I would agree that he's wrong on this, but the other way - at least 500 would be needed, and we tend to look at thousands of matches when we are analysing the stats. Anything less is meaningless.

If you are seeing high scoring games, particularly if both teams are high scoring, then whilst it is entertaining for the supporters of the team watching the match, I'd suggest maybe tweaking your tactics to be a bit more defensive...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

There are a couple of errors that have slipped through, like the DeFoe error which we've provided a work around for, but we're incredibly happy with the match engine, and the game as a whole.

Reading these kinds of threads, a handful of people disagree, and that is their right. We provide lengthy demo's of our games to let people make purchasing decisions, and we must be getting something right, as this is our best selling game to date at this stage, it's reviewed very well (a couple of bad reviews, but 99% of them have been very good), and we've been no.1 in the UK PC charts now for 13 weeks, with hopefully more to come.

If you are disappointed with the game, or don't like it, then I'm sorry, but we cannot please all people all of the time. It's simply an impossible task, as people have different opinions on all kinds of things, as is often shown by who has control of the SI stereo....

On the first page, someone suggested that Ackter was wrong when he suggested that there is no point looking at stats until you had 100 matches to look at, and that that number was too high. I would agree that he's wrong on this, but the other way - at least 500 would be needed, and we tend to look at thousands of matches when we are analysing the stats. Anything less is meaningless.

If you are seeing high scoring games, particularly if both teams are high scoring, then whilst it is entertaining for the supporters of the team watching the match, I'd suggest maybe tweaking your tactics to be a bit more defensive... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you got difficult job mate, feel sorry for you.

Hello Miles

Thank You for response i am glad you spoke up.

Could you please put people minds at rest about the Board Confidence. As they say it's not fix and i must admit i did say that as well on the first patch.

Thanks Miles

I am Newport County and in the Blue Square premier before the patch I had scored over 100 in my second season (patch 8.0.1) second season I am struggling in the 2nd division but all scores look realistic.

So stop bitching and just play the game. Its the best game going.

This is said every year, yet a majority of people still love and enjoy the game.

So they change the me etc and we'll have people screaming about it being awful then in 3 years time we'll all love it and someone else will come along saying it needs changed again because it is flawed.

What is so dramatically wrong with the current game and what are the suggestions that would make it better. An improved training system is hardly wetting my appetite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know what progression means ?

Don't you wan't a game that is more engrossing,invigorating and challenging than it currently is ?

Or are you happy to play more or less the same version each year ...

I think the majority of people who have played FM over the last few years would say that this version is proof FM isn't progressing.

I totally agree with that, especially the bold part.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think the majority of people who have played FM over the last few years would say that this version is proof FM isn't progressing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree, especially as you seem totally incapable of defining a single thing which could be called progression.

Sound bites are very nice but without something constructive behind them, they are just sound.

Do you know what progression means ?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have thought progression but only for the good of the game rather than overhaul for progressions sake.

It is worth noting that I was not dead set against progression but more the fact that people spout rhetoric about progression yet offer little or no insight into what this progression entails. You failed to improve this perception with your second post too.

The sum total of your suggestions is match engine, ehich isn't a suggestion and training, which many people never use or don't understand. Give me an idea of what changes you would make or implement to make the game better, which aren't fundamentally additions to the current game and i'll give you an honest opinion. At the moment you've given me nothing to go on.

FM is progressing. It may be small progressions in many areas and it may be progression in what some people consider the wrong direction, but neither of those things mean it isn't progression.

Team talks were a progression. Personally I hate them and they add nothing positive and plenty negative to my game experience, but that is just me. That they were a progression on not having team talks is undeniable.

FM is progressing. It may be small progressions in many areas and it may be progression in what some people consider the wrong direction, but neither of those things mean it isn't progression.

Team talks were a progression. Personally I hate them and they add nothing positive and plenty negative to my game experience, but that is just me. That they were a progression on not having team talks is undeniable.

• SI Staff

d d - Personally, I don't see problems with board confidence in the games that I've played, so I don't see what needs to be fixed. It seems to be a subjective issue. There was a bug in 8.00 whereby people could be sacked for reaching their achievements quickly, which was fixed for 8.01, but people have to remember that some boards are more harsh than others.

The only annoyance I personally find with confidence whilst playing the match is when I sign a youngster for a lot of money, shove him in the reserves, and then have the fans being upset with him for not doing that well when he's come on as a sub, whereas I've signed him as one for the future. Then I remember how much I moan about Tamas Priskin, who Watford signed for decent money, hasn't done that great, but our manager clearly stated was one for the future, so what I thought was a bug is actually accurate in real life!

Gazzamcg - you reckon that over 500,000 people playing the game would say that. based on a handful of people on this forum? That's a very large statement to make on your part, and is one that you can't possibly back up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmywils:

Just be thankful we got a patch at all. Its been announced by Eidos that fans of CM will not be getting a patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eidos announcement regarding patch for CM 08

However, this increased studio workload has placed a stress on our ability to deliver a patch update and it has been decided that we cannot release a data patch this year – the risk of hindering the development of our next game is just too great. These patches do require dedicated resource from the studio that will impact development of the next game. We are aware that this is disappointing news to some people, and we can only apologise – it wasn’t a lightly taken decision, but we believe that it’s in the best interest of the game and all its fans that we focus all our efforts on developing the next version of the game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

Personally, I don't see problems with board confidence in the games that I've played, so I don't see what needs to be fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I think the game is great and I could live with all the so called bugs except this one. Ther eis definately soemthing wrong with the confidence.

I took over at Atletico Madrid with 10 games to go, they were 6 points from safety in 19th and I finished the season in 13th. I was fired because of my poor league performance.

I don't know if this has been fixed in the patch and you can see from most of my posts on this forum that I stick up for the game almost always but there is definately an issue with confidence and it can have a drastic impact on your career games.

Gazzamcg - you reckon that over 500,000 people playing the game would say that. based on a handful of people on this forum? That's a very large statement to make on your part, and is one that you can't possibly back up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't back it up ...

But I do believe that the majority who have played the last few version would agree at how slow this game is progressing. icon_biggrin.gif

But, perhaps people like myself expect to much ...

• SI Staff

jimmywils - please don't post about other games on these forums. It's what the off topic forum is there for.

Nomis07 - if you see my post, I clearly state that personally, I haven't seen issues with it.

If you believe that there are issues, then the bugs forum is the place to go, with saved games. It would then get looked at.

Miles, any chance of stat fixes for some overrated players such as Elano?

I love the fact you watered down the stats to allow more fairer gameplay but you've kept some players stats too high. For example, John Terry I think has been slightly overrated as has Ashley Cole's tackling and maybe some of his mental stats. Then of course ther are players on the Inter team which are slightly too good.

I don't think I'm being pendantic but maybe slightly picky. However, I'm only mentioning this because its an easy thing to fix and I'd be more than pleased to help you guys fix the stats and I think it would improve gameplay vastly.

• SI Staff

Aaron_AO - if the head researchers believe that changes need to be made, then they would be. They seem happy with the data, and therefore I am too.

If you believe there to be data errors, please report them in the bugs forum, and the relevant researcher will have a look. But with all data, it's subjective, and they must believe what they originally put in, otherwise they wouldn't have done so.

If you disagree with their decisions, we provide an editor with the game so that you can edit whatever you want to.

If you are seeing high scoring games, particularly if both teams are high scoring, then whilst it is entertaining for the supporters of the team watching the match, I'd suggest maybe tweaking your tactics to be a bit more defensive... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Miles putting all aside the biggest I am concerned about and I am sure all Turkish fans of the game are concerned about this as well is the major major issue with the finances in Turkey its not something that can simply be dismissed. I could care less about going into subjective issues, but this is something that needs tio be dealt with as soon as possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Why can't you just do that in the editor since it is very much of a micro-issue? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I kinda consider cheating. I know stupid haha. But like I love FM and go on many forums and compare whatever with friends. I'd feel stupid to have an editted database when they have or if they have different edits etc.etc.

I just kinda see it as universally acknowledged that Elano is not as good as Kaka/Ronaldihno yet on the game hes pretty much in their league. Also ronaldo IRL has scored lots of goals yet has i believe 10 for decisions. surley he couldn't have made that many poor decisions to score 20+ goals in half a season.

I personally dont think the patch was rushed .The match engine is now top notch, defenders closing down properly but also recovering from their mistakes quickly. It just looks and feels like football should. Am not saying confidence has not effected people but i personally have never had a problem. So all in all i am delighted with the patch icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doruk:

Miles putting all aside the biggest I am concerned about and I am sure all Turkish fans of the game are concerned about this as well is the major major issue with the finances in Turkey its not something that can simply be dismissed. I could care less about going into subjective issues, but this is something that needs tio be dealt with as soon as possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could someone please confirm that this issue will be dealt wioth as soon as possioble otherwie you might as well remove the Turkish leagues from the game....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Worcester City Researcher:

Premier***** table from same game: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7826/premik8.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If anything the goals scored by the top teams seems a little low, although I'm sure SI have the figures to hand as they probably do with other stats to enable to make the game as close to real life as possible. Just from my own memory, I've often seen the winner of many English leagues score close to one goal per point, or one point per goal...depending on how you look at it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson: Personally, I don't see problems with board confidence in the games that I've played, so I don't see what needs to be fixed. It seems to be a subjective issue. There was a bug in 8.00 whereby people could be sacked for reaching their achievements quickly, which was fixed for 8.01, but people have to remember that some boards are more harsh than others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived