• English Premier Division Data [Discussion]

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Announcement Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the English Premier Division.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Arsenal have changed their scouting structure and moved to a positional scouting model:

https://metro.co.uk/2023/03/20/arsenal-set-for-new-head-of-recruitment-in-backroom-staff-restructure-18471529/

Jason Ayto - Assistant Sporting Director

James Ellis - Head of Recruitment

Andrew Moschini - Scouting Analyst - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andrew-moschini-b4a20333

Tom Cooper - Scouting Analyst - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/tom-cooper-a007a672

Lucy Wood - Scouting Analyst - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/lucywoodd

Pedro Vencacio - Scout https://br.linkedin.com/in/pedro-venancio-b4589935

Danny Karbassiyion is not a scout - https://www.linkedin.com/today/author/karbass

Everton Gushikeen is now at Bayer Leverkusen - https://br.linkedin.com/in/everton-gushiken-924076126

Roger Smith is no longer at the club

Eddie Prenderville is no longer at the club

George Mackie is no longer at the club

2 horas atrás, Dean Gripton disse:

The person who responded to you was simply looking to see where the previous reference may have been found.

Do you know the reason his preferred club not been changed for a long time? It will be because, until now, we were not aware of the error. When we are made aware of an error, we amend it (if appropriate) for the next official data update or next version of the game.

Sure but there's no other sources regarding Bruno's favorite team other than those unreliable website but whoever was in charge went with it.

And we are talking about a World Class player and they put his literal rivals as favorite team. It's a big mistake that shouldn't take someone coming on the forum to correct that it shouldn't show Porto and Sporting as his favorite teams but Boavista and Sporting.

If they didn't know just leave it blank like many many other players have 

@Philip Rolfe

- Thiago Silva probably deserves 20 for anticipation. His vast experience makes him so good. Really enjoyed wachting this Youtube video with him explaining this: 

- I would reckon Levi Colwill is in contention to have some traits assigned. Probably best to discuss with the Brighton researcher, but traits that could be warranted: Tries to play way out of trouble, does not dive into tackles, brings ball out of defence, tries long range passes.

- I've actually been impressed by Disasi's passing. Quite a few times he's drilled very precise passes into players much further up the pitch. I appreciate its early days so might need to be revisited for the winter update, but his vision and passing might be in contention for a small boost.

- Chillwell and James should have a much higher injury proness surely? It's getting quite rediculous with these guys.

- No doubt you'll be aware, but apparently we've triggered Maatsen's contract extension.

- Maatsen still seems to have no determination and natural fitness attributes assigned. Surely by now a good estimate could be made?

- Between last years starting database and the winter update, some of Enzo's personality attributes have been adjusted due to his transfer. Some I agree with, some just seem spiteful and wrong. His higher controversy and ambition seem warranted. His loyalty and professionalism drops seem spitefull. His loyalty was 10 and dropped to 2. Lets be honest, Enzo's behaviour wasn't that out of the ordinary nowadays. This just seems an emotional overreaction. His transfer desire was much more driven by his ambition rather than lack of loyalty. The most egregious drop however was his professionalism from 15 to 5. Professionalism in game mostly impacts a players training behaviour. His behaviour should be reflected by a higher controversy atttribute (which it did), rather than changing his professionalism. That's the wrong attribute to alter. The impact now is a player who constantly complains about a high training workload, pre-season starting too early etc. His loyalty and especially his professionalism should be restored to what it was pre-winter update.

- Apparently Enzo had a contract extension clause which has already been activated. There are multiple reports, including: https://www.goal.com/en/news/enzo-fernandez-crazy-chelsea-extension-contract-option-midfielder-stamford-bridge-2032/bltbb36f656477ca73a

- Considering how the transfer and unveiling of Caicedo went and what he said, he should probably have Chelsea as a favourite club (supporter)

- There are multiple reports that Madueke has a 1-year contract extension clause (club side), such as: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12790507/noni-madueke-to-chelsea-blues-complete-29m-signing-of-psv-eindhoven-winger

- As with Disasi it might be early days, but so far Nicolas Jackson looks to deserve a higher flair and work rate attribute. Both would deserve an increase of three points.

- Not sure how reliable the following website is, but it looks a decent source for player wages: https://www.capology.com/club/chelsea/salaries/

Edited by Benoit2

Newcastle Home Kit

First choice socks should be white with black tops, second choice should be black socks with white tops.

Shorts should be black first choice, white second choice

In my first two friendlies they have worn black socks and opponents have worn red socks so no clash

Newcastle United also missing two board directors

Name: Abdulmajid Ahmed Alhagbani

Nationality: Saudi Arabia

DOB: December 1980

Director - joined 23/2/2023

Name: Asmaa Mohammed Rezeeq

Nationality: Saudi Arabia

DOB: April 1988

Director - Joined 23/2/2023

Appreciate this will be classified as a somewhat subjective perspective, but are Arsenal a little over powered this year?  Without giving away individual PAs, but they have a healthy number >179, many of which still have 10-15+ points of development available.  I don't doubt they are a great side, but for a team yet to win anything this feels a little generous in many places.

This is largely the same group of players that finished 8th, 5th, and then 2nd last year after a very strong first 28 games, then really dropped off.  Sure they've got some stars, but just think this needs a little balancing with respect to other clubs (be it Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Newcastle or United younger players).

If I was to suggest specific players for review, I'd encourage keeping an eye on Jesus, Havertz and Martinelli. 

Hi Team, 

Huge congrats on what so far seems to be a huge improvement on last years game - I was wondering why Man UFC are not up for sale at the start of the game?

As a thing is there a way for you to ensure that the number of current staff is always in line with the maximum number the game tells you. This is especially an issue at these top levels with Manchester United having 31 contracted scouts but the game only allowing a maximum of 20 which would cause issues upon contract renewal of any staff member in that role. I'm guessing this is the same for other top clubs as recruitment networks are vast and the game doesn't allow the sheer number of staff present to be modelled accurately

Jacob Murphy is transferlisted at the start of the game, but he gets a fair playingtime irl. And the boardexpectation is to high. And Gordon should have higher workrate. 

John McGinn transfer listed at the start of the game as club do not have a role for him. He's the club captain and very important player for Emery/Villa

2 hours ago, MasterFolke said:

Jacob Murphy is transferlisted at the start of the game, but he gets a fair playingtime irl. And the boardexpectation is to high. And Gordon should have higher workrate. And many players in Liverpool and Manure overrated as always🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, craiigman said:

John McGinn transfer listed at the start of the game as club do not have a role for him. He's the club captain and very important player for Emery/Villa

The transfer listing of players isn't controlled by the game really, its more a reputation type thing. Tweaks will be made by the relevant members of the research team.

As for the last part of your comment @MasterFolke, give examples. Just throwing a generic 'they're overrated as always', doesn't give the research team any sort of clue what you're on about. There may be one researcher for each club, but, this season especially, its been a bit of a team effort from us all to get things sorted. 

40 minutes ago, robterrace said:

The transfer listing of players isn't controlled by the game really, its more a reputation type thing. Tweaks will be made by the relevant members of the research team.

As for the last part of your comment @MasterFolke, give examples. Just throwing a generic 'they're overrated as always', doesn't give the research team any sort of clue what you're on about. There may be one researcher for each club, but, this season especially, its been a bit of a team effort from us all to get things sorted. 

I suspect he just doesn’t like those teams. 🤣

Just wondering why Pape Matar Sarr has an incredibly low determination of 4, when as a 20 year-old he's broken through to the starting XI of a premier league team, over players like Hojbjerg. It just seems unfairly low for a youngster of that quality, who's made a real impact this season.

1 hour ago, Sevrillion said:

Just wondering why Pape Matar Sarr has an incredibly low determination of 4, when as a 20 year-old he's broken through to the starting XI of a premier league team, over players like Hojbjerg. It just seems unfairly low for a youngster of that quality, who's made a real impact this season.

He doesn't have a value set for Determination in the database, so that 4 is just an unfortunate random result in your save.

9 hours ago, MasterFolke said:

Jacob Murphy is transferlisted at the start of the game, but he gets a fair playingtime irl. And the boardexpectation is to high. And Gordon should have higher workrate. 

I've removed the pointless jibe at the end of your comment. If you can't post like an adult in here and provide constructive feedback to the researchers where you feel there's any error then you'll have your posting privileges removed.

12 hours ago, kb1000 said:

Following staff members need to be added:

Chelsea- Chris Jurasek  (Managing Director)

Chelsea FC appoints Chris Jurasek as chief executive officer | News | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club

(27) Chris Jurasek | LinkedIn

Add to that Tom Glick has left: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12594273/Chelsea-executive-appointments-board-Tom-Glick.html

Before the end of August I've also received a news message that a potential board takeover might happen at Chelsea. Not sure if thats a database issue or game issue.

Edited by Benoit2

Hello, thanks for the work into the new game- really enjoying it thus far. Although mostly spot on, I wonder whether a few attribute changes to some Villa players could better mirror reality and add to the immersion of the game. The goal here is not buffs or nerfs for the sake of it but to better reflect the tactical style of Villa under Emery through the attribute system. I understand this is subjective but in previous iterations I've had really constructive conversations with the Villa researcher @LewParsonsAVFC so I thought it might be worth adding my thoughts:

Martinez: I think generally because he plays for Villa he's underrated by football supporters outside of B6 and Argentina, but 'Capable GK' seems a bit of an understatement :D . Getting away from subjectivity, Emery has turned him into a high frequency sweeper. Villa play a very high line and Martinez's ability to read and intercept opponents through balls is absolutely key to this.  He does this very often and with a high (but not perfect) level of success. This is reflected here in the data: https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_keeper_sweeper?po=GOALKEEPER. Martinez is an extremely imposing Goalkeeper in the box and mobs up any floated crosses that come near him. This is reflected in fbref data: https://fbref.com/en/players/7956236f/Emiliano-Martinez. Suggested changes: Rushing out: 14>17, Positioning 13 > 15, Jumping reach 15 > 17 CofA 14 > 17. These are huge buffs, I know but Martinez has the accolades and the evidence base to back them up. Think of the Argentinians! 

Torres: I feel a bit of a rework is needed here. He is a fantastic player on the ball, but defensively perhaps not quite so much. Torres is not the best in the air, in fact the stats https://fbref.com/en/players/532e1e4f/Pau-Torres and the eye test suggests he's below average, due to his limited physicality. I think a big nerf here is necessary. Strength 16 > 13 Jumping reach 17 > 14 Bravery 14 > 12. He also doesn't seem the quickest off the mark. Acceleration 15 > 12. He is however an elite level ball-player and line breaking cb. A buff here would reflect how Emery uses him in the Villa system. Passing: 14 > 16, Vision 11 > 13, Composure 12 > 15, dribbling 11 > 13. Some traits could also match how he plays IRL i.e. switches ball to other flank, tries through balls. Leadership at 6 seems very low for an experience player at the highest level, perhaps the Villareal researcher could shed some light on that.  

Mings:  Mings is a bit of a colossus in the air and 6'5 and physically very strong: Jumping 15 > 17 Strength 15 > 17. Passing dribbling perhaps a touch generous and could be downgrading to balance things out. Passing 15 > 13 Dribbling 13 > 10.

Digne: Digne is comfortably slower IRL than is reflected in his attributes. This is obviously an eye test thing but for eg when Villa went to Anfield TAA and Salah exploited this a few times. Acc/Pace: 15/14 > 13/13

Douglas Luiz: The buffs here are noted (CA buff to 73), thank you! The trouble I have with his representation in game is he's not really the stand out player technically he is IRL and Luiz's best role in game is Mezzala. It just doesn't reflect the reality of how Emery is using Luiz, IMO. I don't have much stats wise to back this up, other than fairly arbitrary player rating stats, it's all eye test so I'll just leave this as a discussion point. EDIT: After watching the West Ham match I believe all his attributes should be changed to 20 ;) EDIT: Having viewed the CA buffs of comparative midfielders like Bissouma (CA 80, 3 point buff on last season, and Bruno G (CA 83, an excellent season, but he's not 10 CA points better than Luiz) I do think a bigger Luiz buff is warranted. He was Villa's SPotS and PPotS, and he's started the season on fire.  

That's it other than to mention Rory Wilson is 183cm https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rory-wilson/profil/spieler/924859 and in game is 176cm and McGinn needs taking off the transfer list. Thanks for reading and considering these points. 

Edited by Rags89

On 19/10/2023 at 20:46, Tom Elliott said:

As the Leicester researcher, I'll have set the majority of Barnes' attributes as they are at the moment, so happy to chip in here.

I'd recommend judging his attributes after you've played the game for a while - if you're seeing he's scored too few goals in your saves (or winning too few headers, etc.), please get back in touch and the Newcastle researcher can review those numbers. The attributes are designed to produce a fair and reasonable representation of the player's real life profile in the game's match engine - judging individual numbers against the 1-20 scale is not what the research is designed to achieve.

But more generally - this is a player who took an awful lot of chances last season, missed a fair amount, scored a few others, and more often than not, didn't really do a great deal else to support his team's cause. 'His shooting is incredible' is frankly not something I would support, really, having watched him since he played in central midfield in Leicester's academy at the age of 16. A 12 for Off The Ball is in my book quite accurate, given his attacking movement and positional play is the glaring weakness in his general game, and cost Leicester a great deal both going forwards (Off The Ball) and backwards (Positioning) in the last 18 months.

I'd also add this is a player who has scored 1 Premier League goal this season and has mostly sat on the bench behind Anthony Gordon, thus far. I think there'd be a much greater argument to rate him higher if he was actually playing regularly and/or particularly well!

Hi Tom. Not going to refute any of the other stuff but finishing of 12 + composure of 11 does seem underrated based on the evidence to me? Barnes scored 13 non-penalty goals from an xG of 8.9 last season. He was also in the 90th percentile amongst wingers/attacking in the division for goals per shot, implying that he took his chances very well:

image.png.70942ae4a0fb75ba8b2a71e350c55aae.png

In the 21/22 season he scored 11 from an xG of 7.9, in the 20/21 it was 13 from an xG of 7.4.

That's 3 consecutive seasons of massively outperforming the quality of chances provided to him.

I can't deny that he doesn't seem like a player who will be particularly involved in other parts of the game. I'd probably argue that his dribbling attribute of 16 and flair of 15 seems way too high based on what I've seen of him and the supporting data that suggests he doesn't dribble much, and when he does he gets tackled more than 90% of other wingers do (this is last season's premier league data vs other wingers/attacking mids):

image.png.616cca88dd6b47c5603172a04a5276ee.png

----

edit: The reason he hasn't played much is because he came to us relatively late in the window and hadn't had a pre-season prior to that. Howe also demands extremely high standards of fitness from the players. Even Bruno Guimaraes didn't come straight into the team when he joined despite us being in a relegation battle at the time. He then went on to get a serious injury in one of his first starts. 

Edited by Smallen

Romero’s passing seems a bit underrated. A combination of passing 12 and vision 11 seems low, when he’s a very solid passer who is pretty reliable in a system that relies on playing out from the back, as shown by his fbref stats: https://fbref.com/en/players/a3d94a58/scout/365_m1/Cristian-Romero-Scouting-Report

I would also argue Vicario has been better this season than his attributes represent, but I understand he’s only just moved from Italy. But it doesn’t look great when he’s compared with Onana for instance.

Edited by preben