Club takeovers

AMS

No clubs ever seem to get taken over by tycoons or consortiums who splash the cash on any of my saves.

I have played with the 'valid takeovers only' ticked and unticked, which i believe is supposed to make a difference, but still nada.

Is there some way to make them more frequent legitimately (i.e. without editing), as they would make it alot more exciting.

I've seen it happen loads of times in my current save. I'm in 2013 & so far I've seen Leeds, Newcastle, Celtic, Charlton & Everton being taken over by mega rich tycoons. If anything, I think it happens too often, but I won't complain as I like it that way :D

No clubs ever seem to get taken over by tycoons or consortiums who splash the cash on any of my saves.

I have played with the 'valid takeovers only' ticked and unticked, which i believe is supposed to make a difference, but still nada.

Is there some way to make them more frequent legitimately (i.e. without editing), as they would make it alot more exciting.

Don`t think there is a way to make it happen more appart from using the editor, anyway I don`t think it would be too realistic takeovers happening all the time anyway.

Maybe just doing a long career you might see them more often but apart from that just the editor mate.

I'm not saying I want it to happen all the time, but it's never happened. My longest save so far is a holiday game with Tiverton game, which is about 7 or 8 seasons in, and nothing significant seems to have happened yet.

on v9.02, and have just had a takeover from within, in my Wrexham save (currently mid-table in the Premiership) - first two internal takeovers failed....

a fellow Director is now Chairman, and has issued the heartwarming statement "no additional funds available" or something to that effect - welcome on board! :D

did see Blackpool (in the Championship) taken over by a tycoon, but that was pre-2nd patch - they are still in the Championship though....

Its happened on mine. Cardiff got taken over by a some spanish super consortium and in 7 seasons have spent 293.75 million on players, recouporating just 75 million in sales (62 of that came in one season where they spent 80 million on transfers)

It doesnt always go well thought. In the same game, I have just suffered through a 6 month takeover bid, losing players in January and not being able to replace tham and the first thing that happens is Im threatened with the sack and and promised new training ground and youth facilites. Only when the new chaiman decides to keep me, he cancels the new training facilities and despite having a balance of 40 million, has given me 4.4 to spend on new players.

At least Manderic gave me 30 odd mil a season.

Can anyone explain what the "valid takeovers only" box does?

I have never tried it have noticed it, I would imagine it would mean that not only clubs with chairmans rating of williing to listen to offers will get approcahed, could have clubs with chairman status as never leave but could still get takeiver apoproach, I am just guessing that though

Im playing as Juventus, and there has been about 2-3 failed takeovers so far. Currently a Saudi consortium is trying to take over the club, and want to install Javier Clemente as manager so i hope this one fails too! This is in the summer after iv just done the league and CL double!

I'm in season 2 with Reading on 9.2.0, I won the Championship and i'm now doing fairly well in the Premier League. 14th in mid november. However, the club has just been taken over by a consortium and the new chairman said that he was going to remove me as manager as soon as he finds a replacement. After a week he came back and said that because the staff, players and the fans hold me in such high regard, he was prepared to give me a chance!

After all i've done so far, i'm now in the same position as if I was bottom with no points. I really dislike my new chairman! I'm now personally considering my options...

What would you guys do if you were in my position?

CraigBwfc, this happened to me in fm08. I won the CL, Serie A and cup with roma my 2nd season. The club got taken over on the third season and the chairman said he was going to remove me, but after talking to players and coaches decided to keep me. I wont Serie A and CL again and then quit! Accepted a job offer from Real Madrid and stole the league from Barca on the last day. Roma? they finished 6th.... bet they want me back now :)

The "valid takeover option" is an edt file that allows you to disable certain types of takeovers that are not allowed in certain leagues e.g. in the German league I think tycoon takeovers are not allowed (I might be wrong with that example but you get the idea).

I have it ticked and I have seen quite a couple of takeovers in just 2 seasons without looking around too much in the game. Espanyol and Newcaste are a couple and they have big money now with Espanyol having worldwide reputation.

Logically though unticking the option would mean more takeovers as the ones that are not allowed will be allowed obviously.

I`m currently manager of Man Utd and have just signed a new 5 yr contract on almost 200,000 pounds p/w and i too have recieved the message saying they are giving the managers job to Phelan....................I would like to see this really happen as they would have to pay me 5 yr contract out which would be worth over 2 million pounds.

• 2 months later...

It means any takeover can happen in any country. In reality some countries have rules preventing a certain type of takeover for teams in their country and this is reflected by ticking the box. Unticking obviously means any type of takeover can happen in any country.

Possibly but it just means that in Germany for example as I said above where tycoons are not allowed, unticking the box will mean they are allowed there. Ticking or unticking the box will not affect England for example they are allowed there already so it won't mean more tycoons will come to England.

Cheers pal, looks like i just have to wait for a tycoon to come ang buy a club.Just started a new save with fulham so hope something will happen there but i have never bin at a club were i have had any sort of takeover .

Archived