Jack Wilshere

The background is from the origional skin, so I haven't done anything to it.

The photo is available from this http://rapidshare.com/files/164004459/FM09pictures.rar

He has started the season I'm in well, but for the last 3 years he's done nothing. I started the thread to see if anybody had any experience with him, or a player of his quality, and new exactly how to get the best from him.

Remember that he is still young, he will come good.

I had similar with Clement Grenier and Alan Dzaegov, when I first signed them for QPR they obviously couldn't cope in the prem, the picked up knocks, got tired quickly and some of they're passing and dribbling was awful. But after a few months they settled into first team football, later that year Dzaegov was given the players young player of the year and Grenier won goal of the season with his 40 yard free kick.

• 2 weeks later...

Any hints, advice on him? Buy or not buy etc.

Scouts say, obviously, potential to be amazing but is he worth 14M + when for my Liverpool team I should be looking at the best players available like Aguero. I would like to give him a go but with players like Diarra, Gerrard, Van der Vaart all challenging for the CM/AMC places would I just be wasting my money?

Anyone in a later stage of the game than me (Im at last few games of first season) could post a screenshot or anything like that with his realistic potential...

Cheers

Yes, IMO for liverpool you'd be wasting your time.

Other than wilshere is useful for being an English player in Champions league registration.

Unless you play an AMC, you won't get the best out of him anyway. His crossing is dire.

In the middle, Xabi/Stevie/Mascherano will in handsdown and Lucas is probably better than him by the time Wilshere is decent.

Yes, IMO for liverpool you'd be wasting your time.

Other than wilshere is useful for being an English player in Champions league registration.

Unless you play an AMC, you won't get the best out of him anyway. His crossing is dire.

In the middle, Xabi/Stevie/Mascherano will in handsdown and Lucas is probably better than him by the time Wilshere is decent.

agreed. he never becomes a fantastic player but can become better than lucas.

I think if he's cheap, he's a brilliant buy because of the ECC registration thing and he can cover you everywhere in midfield. I think if you paid about 4 million for him it'd be a bargain but he isn't worth spending loads more than that really.

I'm Newcastle and I think I paid £5m in comp for him at the end of 2nd season. I played him AML for all of third season and so far half of 4th season. He is class loads of assists (not many goals) and great avg. rating. He is a wonderkid and made a huge contribution in me coming 2nd last season. Arsenal and Milan are now tracking him and bidding around £15m I could undoubtedly sell him for twice that but wouldn't!!!

Got him on loan in second season in the championship with southampton as cover for lallana. Got his chance halfway through the season and stayed in the side, scoring thw winner in play off final. For whatever reason arsenal didnt renew his contract and released him at end of season and thanks to me being favoured personel and southampton as a fav team he joined me.

Instrumental in keeping me up, then 3 seasons later i finished 2nd and he won player of the year. Currently has 200 odd games and over 50 goals. I just played him as an AMC in a 4 5 1 and he is generally superb

Got him for 2.1 million in my second season with Hull after buttering up Arsene Wenger :D He will be joining on January the 1st (I'm still somewhere in November iirc)

Playing a 4-4-2. He'd probably play attacking CM alongside Rafael Carioca. His only real competition for that slot are Celso Borges (my current first choice) and Mascio :thup:

• 4 weeks later...

I got him for £2M, or something liek that, he wasn't getting along with Wenger.

I've played him a few times in the AMC position and he was fantastic, but he's still young so it's League Cup only for him.

Does he ever develop his other foot? I'd like an AMC to be able to go to both sides (that's my problem with Mattias Fernandez).

Do players ever develop their weaker foot, at least past left only?

I got him for £2M, or something liek that, he wasn't getting along with Wenger.

I've played him a few times in the AMC position and he was fantastic, but he's still young so it's League Cup only for him.

Does he ever develop his other foot? I'd like an AMC to be able to go to both sides (that's my problem with Mattias Fernandez).

Do players ever develop their weaker foot, at least past left only?

I've never seen him be anything other than one footed under AI management, however you could improve his other foot but it would take a fair amount of time. He's not got the worst right foot rating if I recall correctly.

I've never seen him be anything other than one footed under AI management, however you could improve his other foot but it would take a fair amount of time. He's not got the worst right foot rating if I recall correctly.

How do you improve his other foot?

Does that just happen in technique training?

Just my second season with Chelsea. I bought him at the start of the season as he wasn't happy at Arsenal, he was cheap (ish) so I thought why not.

Now he is being tutored by Lampard (who is his idol, in the game at least).

I'll try to put him out on the wing once in a while, but for the most part, he's not really first team material yet. I've got a lot of players. I didn't buy many people (decided to see what I had before making changes, but picked up good bargains going along. Wilshire has done well, and I figure he will have a spot on the bench a lot next season.

(I play a 4-2-3-1, BTW. And I envision him in the middle of the 3, pulling the strings).

Thanks for the input, I didn't realize that his weaker foot would get better. I had Mattias Fernandez last year (loved him so much i had to buy him again) and his left foot never really got better.

I know Wilshire's stats aren't the greatest, but I started him once against Villa in the League Cup at AMC, gave him Free Role, FR-Often, RWB-Often, TB-Often, and playmaker status, the rest mixed, and he got an assist and a goal, and his passing was phenomenal all game, looked a lot like Deco when I had him in the same role.

Archived