Rotisserie Sign-Up

Hey everyone I'm not sure if there is already a sign-up like this going but I thought I'd start one since it seems like it would be a fun game. I just wanted anyone who didn't know that I started a MOM challenge for last years FM that I couldn't finish due to a crash and I didn't restart because 2009 was coming out, so I'm sorry about that.

Rules: Easy enough, each player gains an amount of points at the end of the season based on how they finish in each statistical category, although for yellow cards, red cards, and fouls you will want a lower # to gain max points(Apps, Goals, Assists, MOM, yellow cards, red cards, tacs/gm, pass%, sht%, fouls for, fouls against, avg. rating) :

Unfortunately goalies will be left out in this sign-up so you need to be a outfield position.

eg. 1st place in goals scored would gain an amount of pts equal to how many people are in this sign-up and last place would gain 1 pt.

I will use the reputation of the league that you are in as a multiplier to the different categories so that players in higher leagues don't get left behind. Each player will start as a 16 year old of CA 100 PA 200 with the same birthdays on a random BSS/BSN team.

So I guess what I will need from anyone interested is:

Name:

Position: (for additional positions/sides besides your initial one take away one of your 6 choices of attributes at 20)

Nationality: if not European I will make your 2nd Nationality English

2nd Nationality:

Attributes: You may set up to 6 attributes of your choice to 20

I have finally figured out how to get the game here...STEAM SUCKS just thought I'd throw that out there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as # of players I'm not going to be picky however good the turnout is will depend that. I was just going to leave the height and weight to chance, to save on some unit conversions and to get the players into the db as quickly as possible. :)

Name: Magnus Vestergaard

Position: DM / MC

Nationality: Swedish

2nd Nationality:

Attributes: Passing, Creativity, Long Shots, Tackling, Positioning, Work rate

Hey Magvest, you'll either need to ditch one of those attributes or one of DM or MC.

Name: Benjas

Position: AMRL

Nationality: Welsh

2nd Nationality: Greek

Attributes: Finishing, Dribbling, First Touch, Pace, Positioning, Natural Fitness

Same idea with Magvest either AMR or AML or keep them both and remove one of your attributes.

I have a distinct feeling that defenders are going to be sitting at the bottom in this sign-up. Will have the highest number of fouls (likely), fewest fouls against, fewest goals, fewest assists and very probably most yellow/red cards.

That's kinda what I think to but it'll still be a challenge to see who can be the best one of the defenders. My guess is that the full-backs will have the lowest points of anybody.

Is it still open? If yes, this is my sign up

Name: Bambang Gentolet

Position: F C

Nationality: Dutch

2nd Nationality:

Attributes: Finishing, Composure, Flair, Technique, Off the ball, Creativity

Yep still open, you'll be #18 plenty more room :)

Here is the updated team list, I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to show this in full size on the forum.

initialteamsky4.th.jpg

A note, after testing last night on fm09 I've decided that since I hope to run this for quite some time that fm08 will be what i'm using, does anyone know of a data update that would put the teams in the right divisions?

I tried doing something on 09 and if you don't have a great computer 09 is a lot slower than 08, particularly when trying to holiday with multiple leagues running. It took me about 3 hours to get through the first season on 09 with about 10 leagues running but I can do it in about half and hour to an hour on 08.

Archived