How to melt a computer

I've been tempted to try this myself, since I made myself a nice PC over summer. Maybe I'll give it a shot later today, with the huge database for added effect. Want to see how long it takes me to holiday a year ;)

Incidentally, the thread title reminds me of a video I watched a few years back where someone (deliberately) played Quake 3 on an old-ish computer after turning off the fans inside the case. Black smoke everywhere within seconds :p

Yes Falastur that would be melting a computer, I fail to see how this is melting a computer at all. Sure it will run at 100% CPU for a bit of time but if your computer can't handle that for an extended period of time then you need to sort out your cooling. Only if he mentioned that he had massively overclocked his computer and removed all cooling would it really melt the computer.

Yes Falastur that would be melting a computer, I fail to see how this is melting a computer at all. Sure it will run at 100% CPU for a bit of time but if your computer can't handle that for an extended period of time then you need to sort out your cooling. Only if he mentioned that he had massively overclocked his computer and removed all cooling would it really melt the computer.

Please tell me this is a joke post...

I wouldn't say joke, an element of pointlessness about it maybe. It's like all the threads people start saying how many leagues can my computer run blah blah blah. The answer is simply, all of them it just depends how long you are prepared to wait for it to process.

Given your name I was expecting a pic of you blasting a comp with some sort of superpower, whilst the actual pic is amusing, I can't help feeling a little disappointed and short changed :(

I only use my powers for good. Not evil.

I wouldn't say joke, an element of pointlessness about it maybe. It's like all the threads people start saying how many leagues can my computer run blah blah blah. The answer is simply, all of them it just depends how long you are prepared to wait for it to process.

What all other threads? It's not like there's a million of people doing the same thing.

I mentioned doing this in another thread and someone showed some real interest in me doing it, so I made a new thread with a jokey title. Heaven forbid.

You're more of a buzzkill than Buzz Killington.

To make this thread more intresting post your pc spec plus indications of processing times plus database size

Who knows, you may have a super duper pc spec and it processes an an acceptable rate ;)

Any news or should we ignore this thread now?

Just for the hell of it once, I started a game with all European leagues and a huge database (FM 2006). I put the game on holiday and went to bed and let it run all night. I wanted to see how long it would take to do one season. When I got up the next day, it was still in March of the first season.

I quit the game, deleted it, and never have tried that again. It would be nice to have all those leagues active, but the processing time just isn't worth it.

I have the whole lot running except with a small database, it took me about 2 weeks to play a season, compared to about 1 week in 08. Waiting for a patch before I start a new game in the (absolutely no chance) hope that they improve the games performance a bit. Otherwise I will have to go back to the boring setups of old.

My system is similar to the above spec other than a better graphics card (irrelevant for FM) and more hard drive space.

Hello all!

I have just purchased a new laptop (it will be delivered in 10 days hopefully).

The specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo processor P8400 (2.26 GHz)

4GB DDR2 (2 Dimm)

256 NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS

OS: Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Do you think this is like driving a Ferrari in a small village? I mean, it is too much for FM2009 or would it really improve?

I read on some comments that more than 2GB is not necessary for FM2009.

Also, does the game work on Vista 64-bit without any problems?

Thanks a lot,

Beck

Archived