Stadium customisation announced

From latest blog;

Talking about the stadiums, we have built some customisation into the game. If you are so inclined you will be able to make your own stadium and the graphics engine will recognise it. There are lots of shareware 3d modelling packages out there, try Googling for one with Wavefront OBJ support.

Might as well add that quote.

I believe so, I will wait for someone with good modelling skills to do it first though!

Since I'm a lazy git and not very good at that sort of thing anyway I think I'll also wait for some other highly intellegent user to develop one and get that.

3ds max is definitely not free but I have used it in modeling for Morrowind/Oblivion and it does support OBJ files.

A quick google search also shows MeshLab is a free meshing tool that supports OBJ, but you can only do meshes with this as far as I can tell so you would have to do the modeling with something else.

What exactly is 4D?

4D is the new FM09 feature they released in the last blog. A high-res closeup of Harry Redknapp in 3-D with Spurs midfield passing being seen in the background causes a 4-D effect that persists even when you turn away in complete disgust at the sight.

It shouldn't be too hard, I remember doing my house and my workplace for a Half Life Deathmatch. A couple of other dodgy maps as well. It really depends on how user friendly the software is, with the HL:DM it felt like I was back in school. I had to study so many different things to work out how to get it done right.

So basically... its not worth Miles and the crews' time to build all the stadiums from around the world, 3d model style. Very

ineffective and costly. So they just sit back wait for some computer 3D modeling dudes who love FM to do the work for them

and share it around for free on the forums. That makes alot of sense really!!!

pompey good idea i found my club here looks good would it work though on game

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=8f211c75886c17797c15f7bdb6fa82dd&prevstart=0

man if this could work it would add that little bit of realism to a game that is almost as real as it can get?

If we can get them to look like this then a sex wee is almost certain to happen. :D

Will there be customizable pitches? Aesthetically I'd rather see stripes than the crop circles in the screenshots at present. Not a big deal but I was just wondering if this would be an option?

SI have mentioned that they'll be improving the pitches from the placeholder used in the early screenies, I'd imagine it'll be possible but I really really don't know lol wonder if any si people are lurking :p

Archived