Fernando Llorente

ArranoBeltza

So I just completed the 6 months that the demo allows as Athletic Bilbao, and Llorente has been brilliant for me. I play him in a 4-4-2 as an attacking target man alongside a support deep lying striker (sometimes as a support target man alongside a poacher). He's been golden for me and thought I would sing his praises to those non-Athletic fans who may overlook him!

Anyway, here's a screen after his 6 months for me in the demo: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/Paulness/FM10/llorenteinfo.jpg

Scout report: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/Paulness/FM10/?action=view&current=llorentereport.jpg

So I just completed the 6 months that the demo allows as Athletic Bilbao, and Llorente has been brilliant for me. I play him in a 4-4-2 as an attacking target man alongside a support deep lying striker (sometimes as a support target man alongside a poacher). He's been golden for me and thought I would sing his praises to those non-Athletic fans who may overlook him!

Anyway, here's a screen after his 6 months for me in the demo: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/Paulness/FM10/llorenteinfo.jpg

Scout report: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/Paulness/FM10/?action=view&current=llorentereport.jpg

Agreed, Llorente doing the business for me too. Well done.

Anyone who is 6 foot 5 inches, has a heading ability of 18 and a jumping ability of 17 has a spot on my team. Anyone who has signed him for another team, what price were you able to get him at? Seems like he's only going to available price-wise for the super rich. As HoPeY mentioned, it would seem to be very hard to get him for a reasonable price, for good reason.

This player is overrated in the game!! Is a good striker, but not a killer.

I think his attributes are fair. There have been many games he has single-handedly won (or at least saved a draw) for Athletic. I think if he had a better team around him and, maybe better management, he could be as good as he is in-game.

Overrated or not, though, he's a good player in the game and these forums are for the game.

he's good, not awesome, but good.

In FM09, I played mostly as Tottenham (with a few others) and used strikers such as Robbie Keane, Defoe, Pogrebnyak, Pavlyuchenko (who was much better last year than this year), Keirrison, Gonzalo Higuain, Lewandowski, and Marquinhos- Llorente scored more goals in his 28 matches than any of those strikers had in the same time. In fact, I think the most goals I've ever gotten from a striker was 27 in a season from Higuain.

That being said, I'll raise you one and say he's not good, he's very good (still not awesome!). However, he is rather expensive IMO, so he may not be the best option for the top teams. If you can afford him as a lesser team and play him correctly (which I think is why he's doing so well for me), he can be a good investment.

Not criticizing you, but I wanted to throw in my two cents for people who may look to buy him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I started a journeyman save and due to my World Cup fever I began as the manager of Spain. I played England in the semifinal, Torres is injured and Villa hasn't done very well lately, so I gave Llorente the start. He scored two, assisted on another goal scored by David Silva, and won the MoM with a rating of 9.3!

spainvengland.jpg

Here are his stats in this save- he's controlled by the AI at Athletic, but obviously his international games have been played under me:

llorenteAI.jpg

Is this guy the perfect strike partner for Jermaine Defoe?

I've been wondering who to bring in as a perfect strike partner for Jermain and I've been sniffing around Fernando. :D

What do you tink?

you cant go wrong with him :thup:, you should look to have him lead the line in attack, and use his tendancy to break the offside trap well (this ppm is something unique for a striker of this type)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived