FM10: Lower League, Bargain Players

DerbyLad

Anyone started the game with either an English League 1 or 2 team?

I like to get players either on a free or very cheap (100k or less) & I find when a player is on the transfer list for anything less than 100k they usually accept bids for £0

So far I've started the game with Burton Albion in League 2 & bought loads of players for FREE, usually players that are chamionship or premiership reserve players.

I find Bloomfield that has been ok for me.

Anyone else got any players to list?

Player:

His Team:

Your Team:

Price:

Patch/Demo:

Work permit needed?:

Anyone started the game with a English League 2 team?

I like to get players on a free whether that means out of contract or on a transfer list & I find when a player is on the transfer list for anything less than 100k the club usually accept bids for £0.

So far I've started the game with Burton Albion in League 2 & bought loads of players for FREE, usually players that are from the chamionship or premiership reserve players.

After the 6 months on the demo I was 2nd winning 16 of my 23 games & only losing 4 games, so some of these players must be doing summet right as Burton were predicted to finish rock bottom.

Player: Adam McGurk

Price: FREE

League: League 2

Player: Matt Bloomfield

Player: Levi Porter

Player: Ashley Grimes

Player: John Bateman

Player: Maxime Chanot

Player: Michael Bridges

Player: Alezis Nikolas

Player: Izzy Iriekpen

Player: Willy Topp

Player: Daniel Ayala

Price: LOAN

Anyone else had any sucess with these players or got any of there own decent players to add that are suitable for league 2?

Wah wah, I want more threads for the attention, whatever.

Player: Christian Vieri

His Team: Free

Your Team: Southampton

Price: (wages) £9k a week

Patch/Demo: Demo

Work permit needed?: No

Player: Sol Campbell

Price: (Wages) £10k a week

Player: Mikele Leigertwood

His Team: QPR

Price: £400k

Player: Neil Mellor

His Team: Preston

Price: £95k

Player: David Wright

His Team: Ipswich

Price: £230k

• 2 weeks later...
Player: Pavol Suhaj

Value: £0

Patch/Demo: Patch

Signed him for Chester in BSP. 16 goals in 30 appearances

Last I heard he couldn't get into the Nantwich team and was applying for part time jobs around the place:D

started a game with darlington as my first on fm10 and doing ok around mid table where i am ment to finish , one problem i have is with strikers i have quite afew and there not hitting the net only willy topp who i signed on a free is really good up front & i need a really good lower league cb i dont have any money and could do with cheap striker and cb if you guys know any :)

A top defensive midfielder for a Blue Square Prem team:

Player: Josh Falkingham

His Team: Leeds

Your Team: Gateshead

Price: £1.5k

Wages: £350pw part-time

Work permit needed?: Not from Leeds to Gateshead, no

Player: Sabrin Sburlea

His Team: Brasov ?

Your Team: Corby

Price: ?

Wages: 1.7k p/w

Patch/Demo: 10.1

Additional Information: Plays on the right of midfield or up front, currently my top goalscorer on the right of midfield 21 goals in 26 games cant really complain at that.

I play as Mansfield Town.

Kristian O' Leary from Swansea - free, although faced competition (made a great skipper)

Fabio Ferreira - Free - Unnatached (loads of assists)

Tony Grant - Free (good old head in the middle of the park)

Gary Montgomery - Free (good goalkeeper averaged 1 goal conceded a game)

Leon Knight - Free (scored a hatful for me) MY STAR SIGNING.

Christian Gyan - Free (great signing at conference level)

Nathan Lowndes - Free (averaged a goal every 2 games)

They did a job at Mansfield, but not sure how they'd go in league 2 - I've made the play offs so fingers crossed.

been loading all EU players and have used these players on 09.still doing the job for my wrexham save for 2010

Stephane Calce - am/fc Berry Hoogeveen - mc daniel Huss -sc samir oulhani -mc marcel pronk-mc

david jauregberry-dc patrick vaz -ml thierry goree -Gk

there are a few more but stats vary for every game.all are free transfers from french dutch and luxem clubs and you might have to offer high wages but i sailed the BSP and league 2 every time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Player: Fran Merida

His Team: Arsenal

Your Team:Luton Town

Price: Loan

Patch/Demo:10.2

Work permit needed?: no

just finished season 2 and had merida on loan, ive loaned him many times before but i have to give him a mention now as he just banged in 38 goals in 36 games from MIDFIELD.

there is a player on a free who is 38/39 who always signs for Leyton Orient on my game and is a goal machine, i think he is from Angola or somewhere and there is a Z in his name, anyone know who i mean?

• 1 month later...

Basically I'm playing dafuge's challenge and have founda way to bring in quality league players.

At the start of the third in game season many players who were released at the end of the second season have not been signed yet, they are now willing to agree terms with your club. With Bradford Park Avenue a few players from high up the leagues wanted to join but chose other clubs instead. If you got in about the 2nd July you could bring in some real quality.

Hope this is helpful!

All of these available with Large database and will definitely come to League One (and probably League Two) sides with no work permit issues...

Francois Zoko - SC - Poacher/Advanced Forward

Free

Mikel Arruabarrena - SC - Target Man

Free

Jabuti - SC - Poacher ('Likes to try to beat offside trap')

Free

Lucien Mettomo - DC

Free

Jose Maria - MC (Spain)

Free

Tomas Hajto - DC (36yo Polish veteran but still v comfortable at League One standard - great free-kick taker too)

Free

I have started as a premier league team (10.0.3) and was wondering which lower league players (Championship, League 1 & League 2) can make the step up to the top level in the first season and the next couple after that ? I have already acquired Graham Dorrans and Miles Addison.

I apologise if this is in the wrong section or if there is a similar thread elsewhere, I would appreciate if you could link to it if so.

Thank you.

Aron Gunnarsson from Coventry, one of the players I try to get almost everytime and he does a great job usually.

Players from second division Germany that might be able to make it in the top divisions of the top leagues in Germany could be Deniz Naki (St. Pauli), Felix Kroos (Toni Kroos' younger brother, Rostock), Kevin Trapp, Tobias Sippel (both Kaiserslautern), Lars Stindl (Karlsruhe)

At the risk of stating the obvious players...Lower Leaguers that can make it in the prem in my experience:

Name - Position - Club - Price I've seen them go for in 1st season

Jonjo Shelvey - AMC - Charlton - about £2m

Joe Mattock - DL - West Brom - about £4m

Miles Addison - DM/MC - Derby - about £2m

Alex Smithies - GK - Huddersfield - about £1.5m

Marvin Elliot - MC - Bristol City

Christian Ribeiro - DLC - Bristol City

Plus Dorrans, Jonas, Xisco and 3/4 Newcastle youngsters (but they'll mostly set you back a prem price!)

Branamir Kostadinov ST - Freeagent ! got him for ebbsfleet for something like 500 € / week contract scored around 10 goals first season and 30 the next ! voted player of the year in BSP ! won 11 man of the match on his second season!

Player: Fikru

His Team: Ethiopia

Price: £0

Free agent ST who's listed as on the Ethiopia national team. First touch, finishing and dribbling were all 14 IIRC. Looks good for league 2 sides (and has been capped about 13 times for Ethiopia, so should get a WP)!

• 2 weeks later...

Player: Morad Mohammed

His Team: FC Bourg-Peronnas

Your Team: Rushden & Diamonds

Price: Free (at start)

Patch: 10.3

Work permit needed?: Nope

Here's a screenshot of how he has been performing for me over the last 13/14 games:

mlqsle.png

Will post up again at the end of the season, see how many he can score.

Archived