Demo not working ! Help

Running Vista here and within the Steam app I hit 'Install Demo' and all it does is refresh the page (or just reload the page) and no downloading begins :(

I had the same thing, I stopped steam, then started it up again and it worked. :thup:

Running Vista here and within the Steam app I hit 'Install Demo' and all it does is refresh the page (or just reload the page) and no downloading begins :(

Shut down Steam, login again and try the link again.

Basically, when I clicked the 'Download to PC' link, it gave me the choice of 'Open' or 'Save'. I chose Open and waited about 45 mins to download and then it says it doesn't regonise the program and you have to choose from a list or the web will find it but fails too.

Is there a way to sort out this problem?

Also, I use XP of that helps.

Hi guys,

first of all let me just say love the demo! think you've made this FM much easier to use. Now onto my problem. When running the demo it slows down my computer. Its so bad i cant do anything else. With the previous FM i could run the match engine on 3d and still use my computer. my specs are AMD 1.9GHZ 2GB RAM on Windows Vista. Also i'm running this through steam if that makes any difference. Also i've bought the game, so was wondering if the full game is going to be worse than this?

• 2 months later...

hi guys,

i got the amazing gane for xmas. first time i used it, i was quitting when my computer crashed and subsequently, the game isn't working. the icon on the home screen is gone and therefore i can't write what it says word perfect, however i remember it said something about, sa.audit not being available or something, a bit vague i know! and i am now trying to uninstall it and it says 'invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit (LAX). I use Windows XP.

Please help me!! i love fm too much to go without it!! Help!?

thanks.

Archived