Marek Hamsik

Easily one of the best midfielders in the game :thup: Can be signed for about 7.5 + 7.5 million in the first season, after Napoli accept a co-ownership deal from another Serie A club in 9.0.3.

Oh, and I've seen him score 31 goals in one season for Aston Villa under AI control.

CANT BELEIVE! That this beast hasnt got a thread.

13MarekHamsik.png

Definatly one of the best CM's on the game.

Anyone else managed to sign him? How did he perform?

Hi mate, love the skin you have, could you please tell me what it is called, the green is excellent.

Easily one of the best midfielders in the game :thup: Can be signed for about 7.5 + 7.5 million in the first season, after Napoli accept a co-ownership deal from another Serie A club in 9.0.3.

Oh, and I've seen him score 31 goals in one season for Aston Villa under AI control.

What I didn't know you can sign him for this cheap right at the start!! I was Man City and I offered 24M to Napoli tried to hijack the co ownership deals.

Anyway, his stats are quite similar or maybe worse to Moutinho and Veloso at the start, and they are all the same or similar age, why is Hamsik cost and worth a lot more than Moutinho and Veloso? Is it because he has a higher PA or he is the youngest out of the 3?

So far in his 2nd season he scored 20 goals in 23 matches, around 7-8 are penalties and the rest are long range screamers.

Have just signed him in season 4 for 33mil over 24months .. Have i done alright ?

Was after a long term replacement for Alonso, Napoli started to take co-ownership bids so i had to jump the transfer.

What I didn't know you can sign him for this cheap right at the start!! I was Man City and I offered 24M to Napoli tried to hijack the co ownership deals.

Anyway, his stats are quite similar or maybe worse to Moutinho and Veloso at the start, and they are all the same or similar age, why is Hamsik cost and worth a lot more than Moutinho and Veloso? Is it because he has a higher PA or he is the youngest out of the 3?

So far in his 2nd season he scored 20 goals in 23 matches, around 7-8 are penalties and the rest are long range screamers.

IMO it may be because he's playing in Italy and Moutinho and Veloso are in Portugal. Players from Portugal are usually very cheap. In fact I think they are a bit too cheap to be honest. The Portuguese league often offers the best value for money players you can get (Moutinho, Veloso, Cardozo, David Luiz, Hulk, etc)

Just got him for £16m using this, great bug!! :thup:

I bought Marek Hamsik for £22.5 million for Man City and he has been disappointly poor. Average rating of 6.97 which does not reflect on the amount of money I used to get him. Don't think I'll buy him again. My scouts extrememly recommended him.

Jack Edwards - What facepacks do you use?

technically speaking some of those players you've mentioned are as good or better then him imo...

but hamsik has :

pace + strength.. which in this game is always deadly... (see:ismael miller.. average technical stats but brilliant goalscorer)

also.. his mental stats (off the ball and composure in particular) are always world class

and clearly his technical skills are up to scratch too..

so all in all.. just a well rounded midfielder... Id always have Defour and Dzagoev over him though... i love those guys

i know his stats are good, but what is it about him that makes him one of the best midfielders in the game? I am not the best at judging players through stats, but what makes him better than Kroos, Skjelbred, Defour, Hernanes, Dzagoev or the like?

Tell me one stat from the OP's screenie that you think a center midfielder must have but Hamsik doesn't.

I rest my case :)

its not jsut the technical stats you need to look at help me.... i know its tempting too but look at the other stats too..

like i said above the combination of his physicals make him awesome.. as well of course as his mental stats...

he's a brilliant cm ...and i think the key is that he is a CM not a dmc or a amc.... there arent many true world class cm's in the game tbh...

im sticking up for hamsik but im not really a fan to be fair... i never buy him

for a cm.. he has low determination and tackling tbh :D

..well you DID ask!

He's better as an attacking CM, an MC-a if you'd like, so tackling isn't much of a worry. Plus he has very good strength so he can muscle players off the ball, which is what you need in the center of midfield.

Oh, and a player so talented doesn't need to be determined :p In all seriousness, I'm sure his determination will increase 3-4 points by the time he is 27-28.

no Hamsik is good, but I mean a guy like Vukcevic for example has much better stats than him, same with Dzagoev and Kroos, for example in passing and creativity.

Vukcevic is left only, so his stats appear inflated. Hamsik is good of either foot. Kroos is good, but his physical attributes aren't anywhere as good. Dzegoev is probably the best/only competition to Hamsik, excluding regens, for the best MC after 4-5 years in the game.

as a pure attacking mc ... there are much better players imo... hamsik is only a valid option as a box to box cm ... if he isnt playing that role... the amount you pay for him added to the fact there are 12 players better then him at amc or mc-a makes him redundant

just my two cents

its not jsut the technical stats you need to look at help me.... i know its tempting too but look at the other stats too..

like i said above the combination of his physicals make him awesome.. as well of course as his mental stats...

he's a brilliant cm ...and i think the key is that he is a CM not a dmc or a amc.... there arent many true world class cm's in the game tbh...

im sticking up for hamsik but im not really a fan to be fair... i never buy him

ok i understand some now. I am still pretty noob.

That's why guys like Victor Obinna always score so much for me even though they have bad finishing and composure and thats why Appiah always does so well at lower levels.

To be honest Welsh, his attacking attributes are alot better then most midfielders, Look at his Finishing, Long Shots, Pace and Stamina.

no better then say fernandinho who you can get for less then 10 mil..

my point was that hamsik is in that class of footballer like de rossi, veloso, moutinho, muntari, kacar, aquilani, toulalan etc .. they excel at being a jack of all trades ..

but with that comes the other side of 'master of none' .. as there are better attacking amc's and much better dmc's out there ...

EDIT: its refreshing to have a real discussion on this forum again.. hasnt happened around here for a while

ok i understand some now. I am still pretty noob.

That's why guys like Victor Obinna always score so much for me even though they have bad finishing and composure and thats why Appiah always does so well at lower levels.

spot on mate ...

no better then say fernandinho who you can get for less then 10 mil..

my point was that hamsik is in that class of footballer like de rossi, veloso, moutinho, muntari, kacar, aquilani, toulalan etc .. they excel at being a jack of all trades ..

but with that comes the other side of 'master of none' .. as there are better attacking amc's and much better dmc's out there ...

EDIT: its refreshing to have a real discussion on this forum again.. hasnt happened around here for a while

Ah, I misunderstood ;)

It is refreshing, not getting cussed :thup:

i signed him in my second season with Juve and he played rubbish! was starting him with marchisio in centre mid and he did nothing, bought veloso the next season and haven't looked back, hamsik now sits nicely on my bench ready to come in if marchisio/veloso/messi get tired :)

On another note i have signed him in other saves and he's been incredible but in this one he just doesn't do it. He missed 6 out of 6 penalties too!

Fantastic player - in real life and on FM :)

Has been brilliant so far for my Manchester City side. 8 goals already in November. A few real crackers as well.

Got him for a steal at £16M in the first season.

Highly recommended.

Comparing Hamsik to those other players is a bit unfair. Yeah, he's a true MC, but should be played completely than those(except Fernandinho). In my limited experience with him, he's great playing one-two type plays and ariving late in the area/sitting at the top of the area to mop up goals. With his speed, strength, off the ball, finishing, and composure he can get a lot of goals like that.

IMO he should be played like hybrid of a deep lying play maker and a striker(sits a bit deep, but makes a lot of runs into the box) , with a fast DMC behind him that can sweep any problems up caused by him going forward so much.

I had a look at him on my Leeds game, and he looks awesome. Just a shame I dont have the funds to buy him :/

If I do get the funds though, i'll make a bid for him and hopefully he will accept a contact and join the club.

• 3 months later...

-------Torres------

Robinho------Arshavin

----Xavi---Hamsik--

--------Melo

Clichy-Vidic-Chiellini-Maicon

---------Akinfeev----------

i just came. imagine that creative team, with melo protecting vidic and chiellini while the fulls bombed up and down.. holy be-jeezus. admittedly, even though torres is best striker in world IMO, i'd prefer an Alan Shearer type target man getting on the end of things.

Archived