Which Championship club should I start as?

I've already played as some Championship clubs and I'm looking for a new challenge that I can stick at long-term.

These are currently my options:

- Burnley, but not sure if they're enough of a challenge.

- Leeds, but put off my Massimo.

- Nottingham Forest, transfer embargo doesn't bother me.

- Rotherham United, big fan of a couple of their players.

Let me know if you have any other clubs to suggest and why they're a good club to manage!

I can recommend Burnley! I actually started with a different club in the Bundesliga, but moved to Burnley at the end of the 2015/2016 season after they finished 9th in the championship. I´m now in 2021 and still really enjoying the save.

What I´ve liked about Burnley is that they have a large British core to their team, this is something which I saw as a challenge to maintain and build upon and now I try to sign only english players, or players who are home-grown, which I´ve really enjoyed. There is only 1 players out of my first team squad of 25 who is not home grown (and he is English, but was born in Nigeria and trained in Croatia, an Owen Hargreaves case). Won the premier league twice, League Cup twice, runners up in the FA Cup twice and runners up in the Champions League once.

The spine of my team is still very similar to the one that got me promoted, with key players including: Michael Keane, Adam Forshaw and Andre Gray (all at the club when I arrived), with Rico Henry, Alex Smithies and Kieran Trippier (all brought into the club in my first season in the championship with them) also still key players.

Club is currently building a new 50,000 stadium (Harry Potts Arena). I can recommend it as an enjoyable save!

Interesting. One of the things that made my Huddersfield Town save so enjoyable was the British core that they are so proud of, and I had a very fun experience with them. Alex Smithies and Michael Keane are two of my favourite players, being a Man Utd and Huddersfield fan.

Thanks for the input, I look forward to attempting to replicate your success!

Wolves is a good club.

Haven't played as Wolves since FM12 because many of my favourite players from then like Elokobi, Jarvis and Ebanks-Blake have left the club. Might give them another go though.

Also thinking of a championship save..

Have had Forest and Sheffield W in mind for some nice history..

But also interested in developing youngsters so if you guys have some tips of a club with great prospects or nice facilities that's much appreciated..!

I can recommend Burnley! I actually started with a different club in the Bundesliga, but moved to Burnley at the end of the 2015/2016 season after they finished 9th in the championship. I´m now in 2021 and still really enjoying the save.

What I´ve liked about Burnley is that they have a large British core to their team, this is something which I saw as a challenge to maintain and build upon and now I try to sign only english players, or players who are home-grown, which I´ve really enjoyed. There is only 1 players out of my first team squad of 25 who is not home grown (and he is English, but was born in Nigeria and trained in Croatia, an Owen Hargreaves case). Won the premier league twice, League Cup twice, runners up in the FA Cup twice and runners up in the Champions League once.

The spine of my team is still very similar to the one that got me promoted, with key players including: Michael Keane, Adam Forshaw and Andre Gray (all at the club when I arrived), with Rico Henry, Alex Smithies and Kieran Trippier (all brought into the club in my first season in the championship with them) also still key players.

Club is currently building a new 50,000 stadium (Harry Potts Arena). I can recommend it as an enjoyable save!

I am a Burnley supporter so top marks for suggesting them and bringing tripps back ;)

I had a superb save on FM12 where i won 9 consecutive PL titles and moved to the Dobson Arena. It's due to this save that i haven't been able to get an enjoyable save going since.

I am a Burnley supporter so top marks for suggesting them and bringing tripps back ;)

I had a superb save on FM12 where i won 9 consecutive PL titles and moved to the Dobson Arena. It's due to this save that i haven't been able to get an enjoyable save going since.

Yer, bringing back Trippier was a no-brainer! He had only made a handful of appearances at Spurs, and was available for 3.2m GBP. West Brom offered me 3.6m GBP for Tendayi Darikwa, who although looked good offensively didn't offer much defensively. Trippier came back and was awesome, even getting 3 England appearnces later on in the premier league with us.

Reading have some fantastic youth players, I recently got them into the Europa League in 5 or 6 seasons by only using academy graduates. The likes of Josh Barrett, Tariqe Fosu and Jake Cooper can all develop into good Premier League performers, especially Cooper.

Reading have some fantastic youth players, I recently got them into the Europa League in 5 or 6 seasons by only using academy graduates. The likes of Josh Barrett, Tariqe Fosu and Jake Cooper can all develop into good Premier League performers, especially Cooper.

Isn´t Aaron Kuhl a Reading product too? He´s ace!

I started a game unemployed and waited for someone to get sacked in the Championship, ended up taking over Derby after Paul Clement was sacked in late October and the club languishing in 21st.

Ended up being probably my favourite save in FM16

I have holidayed until April 1st and looked at taking over a club who i believe has underachieved. The only ones who jumped out were Derby and Middlesbrough but both clubs had only just hired new managers (within the last two weeks) so i waited until the season finished and took over one of the relegated Premier League sides.

Although not a challenge in terms of money - they have a lot coming in - i enjoyed/hated the challenge of losing most of my players because of the relegation and now i'm coming up to January and another five of my players are set to leave.

Of the three relegated clubs West Brom are 17th after 25 games, Swansea are 15th and i have Sunderland top of the table.

Archived