FM 18 and FM 16 MidsomerMurder Flat 442 and Wide Diamond Counter Knap

FM 18.3

MIDSOMER CONTROL

Tested with Spurs in FMT no OIs

FM18.3FLAT442MIDSOMERTHP94.fmf

5ace65c54c7ee_Screenshot(135).thumb.png.9af92bc3c9c5ba2fe6aae5f090b24067.png5ace65db01229_Screenshot(136).thumb.png.106748ac6af64f535eac34be38546869.png

Tested with Lpool no OIs

FM18FM16.3FLAT442MIDSOMERCOUNTERP96F117A29.fmf

5abcdf3e70bea_Screenshot(103).thumb.png.9aba116de19973380eee5b61bfbfd93f.png

WIDE DIAMOND

FM 18.3

Tested with Arsenal in FMT no OIs

FM18FM16.3FLAT442MIDSOMERCOUNTERWIDEDIAMONDP101.fmf

5ac29a40590b6_Screenshot(116).thumb.png.2ba7a194248f0c1e7e2eb64b93f267c9.png5ac29a4a6efc1_Screenshot(115).thumb.png.4559f197d102060e61cc9af253efba2a.png

Midsomer 442 for 16.3, tested using OIs shown below.

https://www.mediafire.com/?6d2j4tq31s6wjdj

Tactic%20Premier%20League_%20Overview%20Stages-4_zps9ft1hsnn.png

England_%20%20Opposition%20Instructions_zps5vzyxhrf.png

For 16.2

Flat 442 - Ebbsfleet season ended with a Game crash.

Attacking corners are based on long shots from outside area.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ej48dum4tu4rq86

Tactics_%20%20Overview_zpskodcwpce.png

Tactic%20Premier%20League_%20Overview%20Stages_zpswhrcpoaj.png

Vanarama%20National%20League%20South_%20Overview%20Stages_zps3tpdgesz.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished Season 1 with Spurs in the EPL, romped the league, won the UEFA cup, FA Caup & league cup Harry Kane scored about 55 goals, with 4 others contributing over 20 goals each. Of the top of my head won on 107 points, scored over 100 goals and had a massive + goal difference, really enjoyed the tactic, thanks.

Used this while holidaying a test save on my custom database. (I know holiday skews results)..

but still the team gave the league a whipping :) Defo gonna give this a full go when i'm done testing.

Holy crap, just noticed this NYCFC team in 3 season holidaying with this won 2 league titles, the Concacaf champions league, the club world cup (extended version).

Players - with Ebbsfleet kicking in right direction - I have put a few frees in LL players thread. I tend to use Dafuge Challenge settings so use Scout reports not attribute player filters.

In general WBs are key - WM will score so players like Son at Spurs play well here. Upfront pace works well

Really good tactic. By far the best I've tested in FM16.

Any recommendations on match prep once the tactic is fluid? Seems it's already really good in every area so I don't really want to tinker with it (won my last 21 matches).

The Newcastle version eas set up with Newcastle - same team that finished 2nd from bottom in OP.

Stargazing finished a few pts ahead in European Super League and there is always Black Night using a DM.

So, this is it. This is the one we've been waiting for! 30+ unbeaten now, haven't changed a thing. Currently running a Liverpool save, in mid February and lost one game all season - the 3rd round of the league cup when I played a team of kids. I've tried about 20 different tactics and this is the best... by far. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Just used the above away against Fiorentina at home and Southampton away and added a couple of TI's getting all opposition wide men on weaker foot on top of your usual TI's. Beat Fiorentina 5-1 and Southampton 6-1. Some great football. I think I maybe have been lazy with the TI's!!!

FBs and WBs are worth adding just not done in testing. May also be worth checking any Ass Man comments but that gets away from PnP.

I am hoping these tweaks reduces balls over top.

So I've just played my first game using this tactic which was in the Europa League. Think the players had 3 days to get used to the tactic!

I'm Everton, finished 7th last year and I'm predicted to finish 7th again.

So this is the formation - as you can see, no one is fully natural in the positions. The CDs are nearly there though.

6GI7Qn1skuuNbqn6bdC0uBHUyFpsRt.png

This is how the tactic familiarity levels looked before the first game.

ydvT5qnnTSJEUanhOIP3J1f4mMwVqB.png

Here are the match stats from this game. I'm very pleased with having 4 CCCs and 6 half chances. That's higher than I've had most games playing FM. We also dominated on tackles,passing percentage etc.

Z1o2BGqErooFLQKWoC0seuwS1ZtdgY.png

The final score of the game was as follows. I showed character to comeback from 1-0 down and 2-1 down to win the three points.

Mangala had a poor rating of 6.4.

Kante was the absolute star of this game, seemed to be involved with everything. Note the assists from Coleman (WBR). Welbeck scored the winner from the bench. I tend to sub players in the 2nd half whose rating is 6.5 or below from the 55th minute onwards.

The goals I conceded were a mistake by Rafael (WBL) where the striker nipped ahead of him at the back post.

The other goal was from a corner so is this tactic susceptible to set pieces? Or if Knap is reading do I need to set my own set pieces up? All I did for this game was put the OIs on as listed in OP.

Bm7Jb9De4uoMAQEO2AVKbRNUKUiZQ4.png

I'll report back with any other information. I hope this has been useful to those thinking of giving this formation a go, the screenshots of the formation familiarity, the player positions etc.

knap - i didn't realise that if I put one tactic in all 3 slots, it would become fluid quicker than say 3 separate tactics? Aren't each of the tactic's given equal weighting in the training? i.e. if a tactic is let's say competent at the start of preseason, it then starts to get better and thus fluid. Are you saying that it's like giving a triple charge to one tactic doing it this way?

That is the thinking.

My last season with Margate I was changing tactic every 4 games or so but was a stroll in park.

Tactic competent and starting with injured player and result.

Margate%20v%20Hemel%20Hempstead_%20Margate%20Team%20Selection%20Overview_zpsyr2uyzjc.png

Margate%20v%20Hemel%20Hempstead_%20Tactics%20Team%20Talk_zps09sfif48.png

Switched to this tactic after an indifferent first season with Stevenage (finished 9th) and indifferent start to this (11th after 4 games).

I only lost 3 more games in the league all season (1 of which was the 2nd game I played with it) as we stormed to the League 2 title. We were 2nd top scorers, conceded the fewest goals and were top for shot accuracy, crossing, headers, clean sheets, goals conceded and, er, most fouls :D

I've not spent a penny on transfers in 2 seasons, instead making a lot of use of the loan market (Mark Edgar in particular was amazing on the left wing).

I'm looking forward to League 1 now - and maybe even spending some money on players after two seasons trawling the free transfers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Huge success at first with this tactic, first season in the Prem for my Woking team and won the whole damn thing!

Problem is, now in second season with the addition of some more quality players, and they can't win a game to save their lives! Losing to Man Utd, but then also Palace/Southampton etc. Any suggestions as to what's gone wrong? The whole team appears to have stopped tackling.

Interesting problem from the point of view of trying a reload, if you have an earlier save, and setting up a new manager. This would indicate not a tactical issue.

The tactics are set up for a top 6 side so should not be a problem if you have a better side. I tend to check using Genie positional rating the squad strength.

As you are unlikely to want to reload or use Genie, you can send me a gave save a beginning of season and I can just have a check for you without spoiling your save.

You may be able to hold a team meeting or try a tactic change. Not sure if you are using the counter or standard version. Standard is latest and there is also The Crunge and Dazed and Confused.

Hiya Knap i cant seem to find the tactic which is the standard version, i clicked on the newest one at #28 but thats still the counter version, do i need to change it personally aswell as the team instructions?

Holy mother of beavers! This tactic is tasty!

Only just purchased FM16, spent two days getting all my graphics (insanely slow internet d/l) and then came across this tactic.

I've always been a fan of the 4-4-2, especially when it's this good....

The League

y3mNG2BgV-apdsWfqzdl0pWyYPYGXJCh35AwTzat3L1S2jFqFSyZ7dZOAi9r8RkkgqJ0JWbccLi1UJV0G1GvqdP0RJYFfwqICaFgAY86o6JPbk2kP3TTRMScIIUbCR_8mvoDRDl2sAlcF2vh7Ztu3RpN0_uSpjt3N30SO5z13tYNyA?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

Troy Deeney

y3mBOpfz5lxmwJQ9vqD8XIrt5Qonz8qhZYiWWXFU39xGuxhEHCGpPoERtakCnVa491ApNxAqc-wspXgGz7bhVZKdXRWY3RTQMO15vmbv9lWu0ADRi9RM3AEGa1SXTZG7UUu8_15zy3d7ACcbq2Z6NQxNv-ieiVBdh5wai2locljRvI?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

Squad

y3mn5kSfkJO5iS3OmtnNbmRvXIt1-oU0zHl08PQNBvd50wHZ30zJDL4zA068AzDzsjBp9rgKpg8wZxogLC3barOkaRWyIggjYgb5w_02N_tKQOorF9WPoXHsq2lXXvHcfLZpopmMzuVI6q-SUZZ9igxLLt81XZ-HV_IhtM16Ebrxuw?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

Schedule

y3m4jkvUmuXhQT9RrJSNQt3MELZDiAkAwB5zVlKwUG_5loQbZVOLZULJFn2wzX-fzxA0WUuFRi4ZZ78ZzAPhPhq8DpECU3Md0rMcXh1MytV3xjAf5r1cjo5Hd7SWGs0U1n3JB-_AifTBr7bxdGoVi8-DtFy70_u6CktU_TaiAv1DLw?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

Note during pre-season we beat Shakhtar 3-1, AS Roma 4-0 and Sevilla 2-0 with tactic familiarity pretty low!

The wingers have been banging them in, even Holebas who is by no means a top winger, more of a wingback. And Capoue has been an absolute monster as BWM!

Cheers Knap!!

Archived