Keep It At Home - Game Thread

As I write this, the database is currently being created. I have loaded every league that somebody is playing in, including Trinidad & Tobago thanks to Claasen's excellent add-on.

The rules, or rather the rule, for this one is simple - see how long your player lasts in their home nation. I am expecting some, mostly the English and German players, to stay where they are for a long time, whilst I am waiting to see how long the brave soul that picked a T&T player lasts before moving somewhere big. ;)

Each player has been given 130 CA and -9 PA, so we should see them moving around the world's bigger clubs. I'll post an update each season, as well as if I notice any potential transfers.

Who will last the longest?

Starting Profiles

Here are the starting profiles of each player. I have the editor and so can fix any errors as needed. I'll also upload other screenshots on request.

Steven Tressyn

Bulú

Arrono Mussolini

Kevin Kowalski

Josh Blakey

Ariel Pryde

Erik Seeger

Arturo Bianco

Christianinho

Andrew Jackson

Kurt Thyboe

Danny Hayes

Henry Morgan

Josep Sesúmaga

Roger Alecastle

Some of our players are already getting first team action. ;)

Well, Jackson's still in Trinidad & Tobago :)

He's also at a 'non-league' club. It seems the original Joe Public are defunct. Can't imagine he'll stay for long - he's probably by far the country's best ever player. Except for the bloke who shagged Jordan. ;)

Starting Profiles

Here are the starting profiles of each player. I have the editor and so can fix any errors as needed. I'll also upload other screenshots on request.

A whopping 6'7" (+/- 200cm) and jumping/heading 20/20 for Alecastle, could be promising :), looking forward to the update!

Wow, Seeger: 5'4" and 120 lbs, hope the big kids don't run right over the top of him.

Given he's in the German lower leagues, I'd be more worried about him disappearing in long grass. ;)

2014-15 Update

Bulú is beginning to become an important player for Cruzeiro, despite his young age. His team are 2nd in the 2015 Campeonato Brasileiro, but lost their State Championship final to rivals Atlético Miniero. and dropped out of the Copa Liberatadores at the Quarter Final. Bulú is at risk of being 'out' as he is being chased by Portugese giants Benfica and Porto.

Steven Tressyn is already part of England's Under 21 team. He's also being chased by a variety of mid table EPL clubs, thanks in part to a series of solid performances for his beloved AFC Wimbledon. The Dons finish 9th in League Two, but make very little progress in the cups.

Another young English star wanted by Premier League clubs, Roger Alecastle was a key part of the Wycombe side that finish 3rd in League Two, earning promotion.

Josep Sesúmaga proved a capable La Liga striker, with 10 goals in 18 games helping Espanyol finish 8th. He's wanted by several foreign and domestic clubs, the largest of which are Real Madrid and Liverpool. Will he stay in the game?

Things must be lonely for poor Andrew Jackson, who hasn't made a single appearance for lower league Trinidadian phoenix club Joe Public EFA. His lack of game time has left him still unknown to the world at large - so he's at least safe from dropping out.

Tressyn's defensive partner Henry Morgan was doing well until he twice suffered strained knee ligaments. Even with these injuries he managed 31 league games - will he move on?

Christianinho headed on loan to Vasco, where he has slotted in nicely on the left of midfield. No sign of any foreign interest.

Danny Hayes did well enough at Crewe to attract the interest of big clubs. One of those is Celtic, putting Hayes at risk of an early exit. Crewe, after finishing 6th, lost to Leyton Orient in the playoff semi-final.

Kurt Thyboe is already winning awards and medals - Thisted won their division whilst Thyboe himself was top scorer. The only club that want him are the biggest side in Denmark - FC Copenhagen.

After being spared by my allowing loans, Arturo Bianco must be wondering why the Baggies bothered after making just 4 substitute appearances.

Arrono Mussolini, apart from filling my news feed with goal drought worries, has been far better for Italy U21s than for his club. Sassuolo managed to finish 17th in Serie A, avoiding relegation by six points.

Erik Seeger is playing in the German regional leagues - so I have no information on how his club did.

Ariel Pryde did well enough in Israel that he's attracting attention from several French clubs. His team will be in Europe again next year after finishing 3rd in the Ligat Winner - this year, they lost in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Europa.

Newcastle starlet Josh Blakey is perhaps a little too young for the first team, with only 2 sub appearances this year. However with Newcastle in next year's Europa - having run Liverpool close for 4th, he may feature more as he develops and the first team play more.

Kevin Kowalski is firmly established as DC United's 'netminder', and has even appeared for his national team. Despite this, Washington's main team haven't yet won anything with his goalkeeper-ship.

Kurt Thyboe is already winning awards and medals - Thisted won their division whilst Thyboe himself was top scorer. The only club that want him are the biggest side in Denmark - FC Copenhagen.

Both good and bad, I guess - playing in the top tier will just attract too much unwanted attention from foreign clubs! :D

Kevin Kowalski is firmly established as DC United's 'netminder', and has even appeared for his national team. Despite this, Washington's main team haven't yet won anything with his goalkeeper-ship.

Doesn't surprise me that I've not won anything yet. DC are a big club in the MLS just haven't got the midfield really.... Though I'm glad there's no interest in me just yet!

Simulating to the end of August 2015 (to see if any moves happen). So far I've spotted that Man City have bought Danny Hayes. More to come soon.

Kurt Thyboe and Josep Sesúmaga are out! They are both transferring to Italian side Napoli.

Simulating to the end of August 2015 (to see if any moves happen). So far I've spotted that Man City have bought Danny Hayes. More to come soon.

Kurt Thyboe and Josep Sesúmaga are out! They are both transferring to Italian side Napoli.

Looks like my career will stay stuck in England itself then (which is good but Man City :()

Maybe back to League One after that. :lol:

Summer 2015 Transfers

Steven Tressyn moves to Premier League team Stoke for £975k.

Roger Alecastle also moves to the Premier League. He goes to Q.P.R. for £1.1m.

Danny Hayes joins Man City for £1.7m.

Kurt Thyboe moves to Napoli on a free transfer. He is out!

Napoli also cost Josep Sesúmaga his place! His transfer cost the Italian side an astonishing £16.75m - is this any consolation for Josep?

Finally, Andrew Jackson is also out as he is heading to Caen on what appears to be a free.

Arturo Bianco joins Atalanta on loan. Also going on loan are Bulú (at Corinthians), Christianinho (at Vasco) and the eliminated Kurt Thyboe (at Basel)

12 players remain at home

Looks like my career will stay stuck in England itself then (which is good but Man City :()

Maybe back to League One after that. :lol:

At least you're at a class outfit. I have to make do with Nobby Flippin' McDonald's team.

Summer 2015 Transfers

Roger Alecastle also moves to the Premier League. He goes to Q.P.R. for £1.1m.

Great news and ditto updates! Hopefully Roger can get some time in, 40 appearances weren't enough for a single attribute increase :lol:

I'm hoping Work Permit issues will stop most sides signing me!

With 130 CA and -9 PA you've got a pretty good chance of getting enough international caps to get a permit

January 2016 transfers

Also including two from summer as the window didn't close on the 31st of August as I thought it did. :o

Ariel Pryde is out! The interest from French clubs resulted in a £1.3m move to Bordeaux.

Henry Morgan joins his former teammate in the Premier League as he transfers to Bournemouth for £1.1m

Josh Blakey joins Championship Brentford on loan.

2015-16 Update

Danny Hayes has impressed in his fringe role at Manchester City. His team came 3rd in very tight EPL finish, and can console themselves with FA Cup win.

Having transferred to Santos for a fee of £5.5m, Christianinho has probably saved himself from European interest for a year or two more. Santos are currently 10th in the Campeonato Brasileiro.

Bulú has not yet secured a professional contract, but his current loan spell at high flying Internacional surely means he's not far away from the big money. Will he stay, or can Europe tempt him away?

Henry Morgan hasn't yet featured very much for Bournemouth, but his skills continue to develop as the Cherries finish 16th in their EPL début.

As well as making his England début against Holland, Steven Tressyn has become a regular for Stoke, helping his new team to a solid 12th finish in the EPL.

As of 1st July, Kevin Kowalski will be out after agreeing to transfer to Porto. He leaves a DC United side who are doing well in the 2016 MLS.

Another fringe EPL player, Roger Alecastle will take solace from the fact his QPR team finished 14th in the EPL, guaranteeing him at least another season of top flight football.

Arturo Bianco has again spent the season on loan, this time at Atalanta. Can he persuade his parent club to play him in 2016-17?

Arrono Mussolini has earned a reputation as a bench warmer at Sassuolo. With the team 15th and only 2 points off relegation this term, his team surely need to use him to his full value.

Josh Blakeyhas perhaps been a little disappointing at Brentford. His loan club came 4th in the Championship, losing 2-1 in the playoff final to Sheffield Wednesday.

Andrew Jackson, whilst we already know he will be out soon, has still made no appearances for Joe Public EFA.

Erik Seeger has done well enough in the German lower leagues to attract interest. Luckily for him, the only club known to be after him are a German club - Dortmund.

Out Players

Would you guys like me to continue updating the 'out' players?

My record has been pretty awful, can't imagine I'll have any interest in me! 1 goal and 1 assist in 21 games for a left winger is pretty poor. At least I'm improving.

And yeah, I think you should update the out players too, just to see what happens to them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived