Why I can't play FM any more...

Hello every one, I'm Football Manager fan from 2001 and I think this manager will be my last. Why? I don't know, but I'll try to explain and I hope to open good discussion.

Well, my problem with FM starts this year. I'm 25 years old - and I can't remember myself without FM...My whole life was full of tactics&regens - training&away games etc etc. This years I bought FM without thinking as always - but we are in February and I didn't play even 3 hours in game. Why?

Well, I found the game is too heavy for me. When I say 'Heavy' I mean there is a lot of new things like conversation, trainings, whole new system of scouting and a lot of shouting that I feel like I can't handle.

The text font is too small for me also - and when I play the game I'm feeling like my brain going to explode because I can't see things well and there is a lot of information.

Some of you will say I'm just getting old - well that's true but I'm still thinks the game become too much complicated and different from the simple naive and beautiful game that I remember from past.

When I'm trying to start new game and I see all the board questions and press conference I just give up. I don't care about philosophies or stupid systematic question about board ambitious or transfer budget - I just want to play the game which i loved without most of the scenery. I mean the scenery is good thing - but it's has to be reduced. I love the players conversations but in this manager they'r too long. I'm answering the player, and than he answer me ... and than again and again and again... ****, just listen to me! and add the fact I can't see the text so well because he is too small and I just can't handle it. and it's not just 1 player - it's 7-12 players who just keep answer me for minutes! or this scouting thing - I have to work for 3 hours [with this annoying small text again] just to find maybe 2 suitable players. It's too heavy.

Bottom of line... this game is just a game! I want him to stay that way and let me enjoy the old staff. [with scenery, but less {not like classic mode - YUCK}]

There is a lot like me or I'm just weirdo one?:confused:

Have you considered a good optometrist? Downloading a skin with a different font? Reading glasses?

I'm 50, blind as a bat, and don't have any problems with the visual display. But the fact that you're feeling overloaded with visual and informational input obviously points to a potentially-serious developing psychosis. You might want to have that looked at before you continue playing Football Manager. Might be a tumor, of course...

You're 25, the game is too complex.

Dare I say you might like Electronic Arts? They've spoken to the media recently saying that they are making all of their games easier because this generation of gamers find navigating menu screens too difficult. ;)

Don't play anything by Paradox by the way, Football Manager is child's play compared to the stuff they churn out.

That said, I understand the complexity issue, but it's mostly a case of poor feedback for the gamer, a fault that is probably not on SI's priority list just yet.

Well if you are not happy with the full game or FMC then there isn't really much we can do for you.

Can't really see any problem with text though, I'm playing FMC and I have reduced it to 75% to fit more on screen and I can see it fine, and I wear glasses.

Re FMC.... Stick with it,. I gave up my first save but went back and it would now take a lot for me to go back to full fat.

Re The text.....I wear glasses but always took them off to see the computer. I started to struggle to see things clearly and thought I was just getting tired. Wearing my glasses wouldn't help. Quick trip to the optician did the trick. My eyes were too far away from the PC without glasses and too close to wear glasses so I bought another prescription specially for wearing whilst I am on the PC. Haven't looked back since, the PC glasses are brilliant, so might be worth getting your eyes tested. Even a small change in vision can mean adjustments and it is certainly no shame in getting a pair of PC specs!

Well, I found the game is too heavy for me. When I say 'Heavy' I mean there is a lot of new things like conversation, trainings, whole new system of scouting and a lot of shouting that I feel like I can't handle.:

Haha I completely forgot about shouting. I haven't done it at all in my last two seasons, but things seem to be all right anyway, so I can't imagine it being that important. Probably should look into that though.

Bottom of line... this game is just a game! I want him to stay that way and let me enjoy the old staff. [with scenery, but less {not like classic mode - YUCK}]

There is a lot like me or I'm just weirdo one?:confused:

I'm lost too into micromanagement details, one match a day at most, I've completed one season on fm14 and one on fmc and two challenges(shorter ones), I nearly ended preseason on fm15...

p.s. fm15 is horrible with 1680x1050

Archived