Your longest injury?

I signed a defender wonderkid regen at the end of the season for £29m from Liverpool. And guess what happens in training? He breaks his leg, out for 9 months!! How many players in real life break their legs in training? Unheard of.

I signed a defender wonderkid regen at the end of the season for £29m from Liverpool. And guess what happens in training? He breaks his leg, out for 9 months!! How many players in real life break their legs in training? Unheard of.

Libor Kozak, Tyrone Mears, Hakan Sukur, Gianluca Pegolo, Kristoffer Olsson(just the other week), didn't Samir Nasri when he was at Arsenal during pre-season?

Back in CM00-01, I signed a Portuguese full-back for Wolves. He twisted his ankle a month after joining us. Then, nearly three months later, he broke his leg against Northampton. He was out for 7 months and was never the same player again.

I had an even worse injury on my current FM13 save with Romford. My right-winger damaged his ACL in the first league game of the season, and he didn't play again until the following pre-season.

Didn't think that was possible. I know some real players out with cancer are just marked as unavailable in game.

I'm sure he's been using a mod that adds cancers to the list of possible injuries.

I have a vauge memory of having a player out for over 18 months back in the CM01/02 days, spinal injury iirc.

That reminds me; i was playing CM01/02 with a friend in a hotseat game.

He was Ajax and i was PSV. He wanted to buy a star striker and managed to find one. Can't remember who that was though.

After about a week after he had brought this striker in, he was out with an injury for 21 months :D

I was just laughing my head off while he rage quit and went home.

Poor fellow was in shock.

one of my playes got cancer and was out for 2 years

Wow cancer thats insane lol! If one of my players got cancer I'd release him on a free, not worth keeping a player for 2 years while paying his wages and not being able to play him. It would make sense financially. Imagine if your players could die, like a car crash or something. It's definitely possible. Remember that player had a heart attack in a match once? It was years ago I can't remember who he played for. He died it was really tragic.

Wow cancer thats insane lol! If one of my players got cancer I'd release him on a free, not worth keeping a player for 2 years while paying his wages and not being able to play him. It would make sense financially. Imagine if your players could die, like a car crash or something. It's definitely possible. Remember that player had a heart attack in a match once? It was years ago I can't remember who he played for. He died it was really tragic.

Are you thinking of Fabrice Muamba? He survived. That sadly wasn't the case for Marc-Vivien Foé, Miklos Feher, Antonio Puerta, Phil O'Donnell, and others.

Deaths can't happen in Football Manager, and nor should they, for legal reasons. Can you imagine what would happen if someone came on here and posted: "OMG! JAMES RODRIGUEZ DIED IN MY GAME!!!!!1"

iirc there was an user created edit that included cancer in the injury table, to the best of my memory it was never part of the default code or data.

IIRC it was by Gillsminnow and it was called Gillsminnow's Injury update or something like that.

Are you thinking of Fabrice Muamba? He survived. That sadly wasn't the case for Marc-Vivien Foé, Miklos Feher, Antonio Puerta, Phil O'Donnell, and others.

Deaths can't happen in Football Manager, and nor should they, for legal reasons. Can you imagine what would happen if someone came on here and posted: "OMG! JAMES RODRIGUEZ DIED IN MY GAME!!!!!1"

Well they do try and make the game as realistic as possible lol. I suppose there are limits.

iirc there was an user created edit that included cancer in the injury table, to the best of my memory it was never part of the default code or data.

In rl if a player is out for a few weeks and onwards, they will work on upper body, lower back and abdominal strength and conditioning, is this reflected in FM?

Wow cancer thats insane lol! If one of my players got cancer I'd release him on a free, not worth keeping a player for 2 years while paying his wages and not being able to play him

That's well harsh! :D

I remember back where incidents happened like players elbowing & headbutting each other, in CM04/05 I had Chris Holland banned for 9 months for punching a ref

That's well harsh! :D

Lmao! It makes sense tho doesnt? I'd rather save on wages and get another player in rather than keep a 'dead' player for 9 months while he rots in value, form, and attributes. Sorry if it sounds nasty but business is business lol.

Bad injuries to the same player do happen in real life too..

Danny Senda did his cruciate early on in a season, came back in pre season the next year and did it again in a friendly. eventually retired

In real life, look no further than Ryan Taylor at Newcastle.

Lmao! It makes sense tho doesnt? I'd rather save on wages and get another player in rather than keep a 'dead' player for 9 months while he rots in value, form, and attributes. Sorry if it sounds nasty but business is business lol.

In my game, I would extend his contract as this is what would (probably) happen in real life so he can concentrate on his illness.

I'm sure he's been using a mod that adds cancers to the list of possible injuries.

Guess it's realism and such, bit too grim for me though!

Wow cancer thats insane lol! If one of my players got cancer I'd release him on a free, not worth keeping a player for 2 years while paying his wages and not being able to play him. It would make sense financially.

To release a player like that, you have to pay them their wages for however many years in one lump sum. Might look better in your available wages budget, but you still pay. Much more sensible to keep the player, and see later on. Often they recover, and can still be great players, some can change their game if they loose too much speed, some can be sold on later for some fee to lesser clubs they're still good enough for.

Had a save, Wayne Rooney tore his hamstring first game of the season, 3 months out, first week back, broke his leg, season done. Next summer despite his decline, I sold him for 25m to Inter.

Guess it's realism and such, bit too grim for me though!

To release a player like that, you have to pay them their wages for however many years in one lump sum. Might look better in your available wages budget, but you still pay. Much more sensible to keep the player, and see later on. Often they recover, and can still be great players, some can change their game if they loose too much speed, some can be sold on later for some fee to lesser clubs they're still good enough for.

Had a save, Wayne Rooney tore his hamstring first game of the season, 3 months out, first week back, broke his leg, season done. Next summer despite his decline, I sold him for 25m to Inter.

yeah i did add it in at like a .01% chance of someone getting it . only seen one case think it was testicular cancer

Archived