Build New Stadium

Hello all.

Got another question which warrants a new thread so here goes...

In my first season I managed to convince the board to buy Monaco's stadium (Stade Louis II) as it didn't belong to them. It only holds 19000 which is very poor especially for ticket sales and that. So I've been constantly casing the board to Build a New Stadium so I have the option to extend it but they Always refuse. I've been asking twice a year for 4 years and they always come back at me say "we don't have the fanbase". I've won the league 4 years in a row and not to mention the other domestic cup competitions! Surely by winning almost everything every year (apart from CL) increases your fanbase? If I really haven't got the fanbase then how do I increase it?

Desperately need a new stadium to increase revenue because a 19000 all seater is useless.

Cheers.

That's the price for managing Monaco, iirc they have no expansion capacity set in the db & if they do build a new stadium it is normally in the region of 25,000.

Monaco are super super rich club. Tax haven, sugar daddy owner (Dmitry Rybolovlev). Money wouldn't be a problem. If it's not possible to build a new stadium then why show the option?

The capacity at the stade Louis II is actually more than the whole population of Monaco, so you see the boards point but taking success into account you prob would pick up a few glory hunters along the way but most of these would not attend matches as glory hunters tend not to do, so your best option is prob to buy the stade Louis II to save on rent and stick with it.

Yeah ive just been reading them. Makes sense then doesn't it given the fact that monaco has a low population. I think my question has been answered then. It's mad the way the game knows this!

Have you been filling it consistently?

How I check?

No I'm not complaining that the game is too realistic I just wasn't aware of Monaco's low population and that, which in turn effects the possibility of a new stadium getting built.

Hello all.

Got another question which warrants a new thread so here goes...

In my first season I managed to convince the board to buy Monaco's stadium (Stade Louis II) as it didn't belong to them. It only holds 19000 which is very poor especially for ticket sales and that. So I've been constantly casing the board to Build a New Stadium so I have the option to extend it but they Always refuse. I've been asking twice a year for 4 years and they always come back at me say "we don't have the fanbase". I've won the league 4 years in a row and not to mention the other domestic cup competitions! Surely by winning almost everything every year (apart from CL) increases your fanbase? If I really haven't got the fanbase then how do I increase it?

Desperately need a new stadium to increase revenue because a 19000 all seater is useless.

Cheers.

You might need to use FMRTE or the in game editor and edit the attendance figures for your club, wait a week and then ask again.

If the stadium holds 19k, if you decide to edit it, make the minimum attence around like 50k, maximum 51k and average 50.5k

Then when you apply for new stadium more likely they will agree.

Or with the editor like I explained above, just edit the stadium maximum expansion seat amount to something like 60k. then ask for expansion.

... if they do build a new stadium it is normally in the region of 25,000.

Wouldn't that capacity mean that it can be expanded to about 50 000? That is a pretty large stadium.

That would be expected, Monaco has very few local inhabitants & the data settings reflect that situation, in that part of the world I'd expect that the majority of football fans are likely to be supporters of Nice.

It would be like having a team on Anglesey & expecting them to become as big as Liverpool.

My "issue" with the game is that teams from low population locales can become as big as Liverpool. I don't mind if a small club becomes successful on the pitch, but IMO attendances tend to grow too much as you climb up the divisions. The larger the club's current stadium's capacity/expansion capacity is, the later there will be need for a new in-game stadium. Later on you will have had more success, and the new stadium will be larger than it would have been if the decision to build it had been made earlier. My point is that estimating how big a stadium a lower league club will build if they become successful depends more on the size of their current stadium than on the real life population of their catchment area (attendance numbers will go up and up regardless of the population).

No I've got no intention of cheating it just ruins the game and removes the fun. I've been at Monaco for 4 seasons now and I still haven't won the CL. If I'd have cheated I would of won consecutively since season 1 but I haven't won it once lol... yet. I prefer the challenge. My squad:

GK: Lloris

LB: R. Rodriguez

CB: Laporte

CB: Balanta

RB: Danilo

DM (anchor man): L. Romero

CM (Deep-Lying Play Maker): Kovacic

CM (Adv. Play Maker): Tielemans

LW (Inside Forward): C. Vela

RW (Inside Forward): M. Depay

ST: Luka Jovic

SUBS/RES:

Jan Oblak(GK),

Ruben Neves (DM),

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg (CM),

Munir (ST),

Niklas Sule (DC),

Layvin Kurzawa (LB),

Victor Wanyama (DM),

P. Coutinho (AMC/LW/RW),

Stefan de Vrij (CB/RB).

Do you think I've got a CL challenging team?

Everything people were saying about attendances made sense to me and made sense in the context of the game till what just happened to me.

I'm manager of Berwick Rangers in 23/24, just won the league with a 102 points and the end of season chain of exciting emails begins... It was exciting till I saw the board announce plans to build a new 21,000 seater ground, despite the fact I've just average 6400 (of a 7100) capacity stadium. Berwick upon Tweed (the local town) is set in game with a population of 1 - 25,000. Why on earth would I need a 21,000 seater? An extra £30m debt on the club, brilliant.

Perhaps, but I kind of assume there is a link between the local population based off the latitude and logitude assigned to the club and the attendances which will make it tricky to ever fill for such a small place. The Champions League matches could be sell outs though, although I'd rather a group that doesn't consist of Chelsea and Juve than sell out!

Relieved that it is at least named after someone considered a club legend in reality anyway!

I disagree that Monaco's population should determine how many fans the club has. If it succeeds time after time the fans will come. If we looked at where fans come from... how many non-manchester fans go to old trafford. If Man U relied only on attendance from locals the place would be empty.

I disagree that Monaco's population should determine how many fans the club has. If it succeeds time after time the fans will come. If we looked at where fans come from... how many non-manchester fans go to old trafford. If Man U relied only on attendance from locals the place would be empty.

Completely agree. Green Bay, Wisconsin has 100,000 people, but Lambeau Field fills up its 80,000 seat stadium every time.

Completely agree. Green Bay, Wisconsin has 100,000 people, but Lambeau Field fills up its 80,000 seat stadium every time.

There are 32 NFL Teams. America has 320 million people spread overalmost 10m Sq Km and 50 states. Therefore every NFL Team represents on average 10m People (all of whom potential fans) and 1.56 States. The team will draw fans not just from the City, but from across the whole state as well as neighbouring states. For example, sports Teams from Chicago usually draw fans from around the Midwest as other States have no teams of their own, therefore making the Chicago Team the only top Tier/professional Team within hundreds if not thousands of miles.

If you look at the map here, you'll see that only roughly half the states have an NFL Team

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League#mediaviewer/File:US_National_Football_League_Teams_Location-en.svg

There are so many teams in France that it'll take many years for them to come close to having a large enough fan base to justiy a really large ground, especially when you consider Nice are right next door (in Ligue 1) as well as having Marseille, Arles and Nimes in the top 2 tiers not too far away. Anyway, for the forseeable future, won't any potentil glory hunters support PSG?

As other people have said, there's simply not enough room as well as the fact that they're pulling in almost a third of the local population anyway which would be euivalent to Man U pulling in over 171,000 per game...

Edit: Green Bay also have the most Superbowl titles...

Or play the game without cheating.

If you play as Monaco you are choosing to take over a club that you know will never draw in monster crowds purely because of the limited population of the principality and its location meaning that very few fans will be coming from outside to watch you play.

There are plenty of financial benefits to playing as Monaco, you just have to accept that you will never be a club that draws in huge crowds every week.

It seems like your default attitude whenever anybody asks a question regarding the game is to tell them to cheat.

132195810076alanyouseem.jpg

Now I couldn't give a crap if you cheat or not, but why do you constantly encourage others to do so?

Aye, your tear-stained post about someone else suggesting they use the editor really seems like not caring...

Everything people were saying about attendances made sense to me and made sense in the context of the game till what just happened to me.

I'm manager of Berwick Rangers in 23/24, just won the league with a 102 points and the end of season chain of exciting emails begins... It was exciting till I saw the board announce plans to build a new 21,000 seater ground, despite the fact I've just average 6400 (of a 7100) capacity stadium. Berwick upon Tweed (the local town) is set in game with a population of 1 - 25,000. Why on earth would I need a 21,000 seater? An extra £30m debt on the club, brilliant.

On top of that, when the club moves to the new stadium the game will set the club's average attendace to match its capacity. You will probably have no problem expanding the new stadium to its maximum capacity (possibly 42000) and still keep filling it. This is what happens at least in high reputation leagues.

On top of that, when the club moves to the new stadium the game will set the club's average attendace to match its capacity. You will probably have no problem expanding the new stadium to its maximum capacity (possibly 42000) and still keep filling it. This is what happens at least in high reputation leagues.

Ahh okay so the attendance's will actually just keep adjusting regardless of the local population? I assumed it was at least anchored by the local area to some extent.

Ahh okay so the attendance's will actually just keep adjusting regardless of the local population? I assumed it was at least anchored by the local area to some extent.

In my experience the "inhabitants range" has little to no effect on how many spectators a club can eventually attract (maybe someone from SI can clear this up?). What does have an effect are the "attendance", "maximum attendance" and "minimum attendance" numbers. These numbers will go up when you win something or at least are successful above expectations. If you start in the lower leagues there are many competitions you can win along the way to the top, and every time attendances will increase. Monaco, of which the op talks about, are in Ligue 1 and still have low attendance figures in the database. Monaco's "disadvantage" is that they cannot rise from the bottom league and increase attendances on the way up.

Well what do you know! Your not going to believe this but I've got a new stadium under planning. I didn't even ask for it and the board never even told me! I wonder why this has happened?

I had a quick look at my board requests and 'Build a New Stadium' is listed scheduled for completion in 2022. I never requested this for obvious reason.

Looks like the game doesn't take local population into account after all lol.

It happens. And to be honest, it's probably how it should happen if it's going for realism. The manager shouldn't really be in control of requesting such things, so for the board to just decide on their own is probably better. A bit of news about it would be nice though - I had one that I only noticed thanks to going to the board screen a few months later.

do you know the capacity already?

No they haven't advised me on the capacity yet. They haven't told me anything about it lol. It's only just appeared in the boards requests list. Is there a way of finding out?

I've checked in Club > Facilities but nothing there.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be nice to know how big the stadium will be when the planning has completed.

Btw does anybody know if increases in the fanbase during the planning process has an effect on the size of the stadium, or is that determined as soon as the planning process commences?

It would be nice to know how big the stadium will be when the planning has completed.

Btw does anybody know if increases in the fanbase during the planning process has an effect on the size of the stadium, or is that determined as soon as the planning process commences?

They do I think. I'm sure once they announce the building of the stadium, you get the expected capacity.

They do I think. I'm sure once they announce the building of the stadium, you get the expected capacity.

Yeah okay. Thinking about it the entire purpose of having a planning period obviously must be to gauge the parameters for building a new stadium including fan base, cost, location etc., so I guess that the capacity could be determined at any point during the planning process, but is not revealed until all details are finally confirmed and the building process can begin.

I was just wondering because the board's decision to start the planning process must be based upon a recognition that the fan base is big enough to warrant a larger stadium, so it could be that the board already at that point had decided on the size and thus not taking further development of the fan base over the planning period into account.

Archived