Rejected planning permission - waste of a 10 year save game

My main aim when playing is to get a new stadium for my given team, something about it just gives me a buzz.

My latest save game was taking Portsmouth to the Prem, which I managed in 3 straight promotions all though I did get relegated and then went straight back up.

I won the champions league, followed by the title. Rep gains though the roof and a bank balance of an avg of 40 mil per season ending.

I asked the board for a new ground, they granted it and it went into planning for 3 seasons.

To my horror, planning was rejected - really?! The local council would reject planning permission for a new ground for the prem league and champions league winners?!

No council in the land would of done that and as such, its slammed shut a same game I've invest a huge amount of time in.

Just makes no sense what so ever.

Some projects get rejected planning permission, it happens. There isn't much transparency on it, agreed, but it happens. But just because they've rejected it once doesn't mean they always will. My request was rejected on those grounds for years and years, before the stadium was finally built.

I think you've made a mistake somewhere.

I don't recall planning ever being rejected for a new stadium. Its normally when you apply for an upgrade to your existing stadium and is a sign that your current stadium can't be upgraded any further, in which case you need a new one.

There is a 20 year wait for a new stadium though, when was your current stadium built?

I don't recall planning ever being rejected for a new stadium. Its normally when you apply for an upgrade to your existing stadium and is a sign that your current stadium can't be upgraded any further, in which case you need a new one.

There is a 20 year wait for a new stadium though, when was your current stadium built?

No mistake made, some what of a FM 'vet' at my age.

Built in 1898. Shocking programming for this.

Some projects get rejected planning permission, it happens. There isn't much transparency on it, agreed, but it happens. But just because they've rejected it once doesn't mean they always will. My request was rejected on those grounds for years and years, before the stadium was finally built.

Will not be playing for another 6+ seasons, will prob pick a new team and play with them.

There are more real life examples of councils rejecting new stadia than accepting them in recent history. It would be "shocking programming" if you automatically got permission. Portsmouth IRL are an example of a team who tried to expand their capacity and looked into potential sites for new stadia without getting anywhere.

My main aim when playing is to get a new stadium for my given team, something about it just gives me a buzz.

My latest save game was taking Portsmouth to the Prem, which I managed in 3 straight promotions all though I did get relegated and then went straight back up.

I won the champions league, followed by the title. Rep gains though the roof and a bank balance of an avg of 40 mil per season ending.

I asked the board for a new ground, they granted it and it went into planning for 3 seasons.

To my horror, planning was rejected - really?! The local council would reject planning permission for a new ground for the prem league and champions league winners?!

No council in the land would of done that and as such, its slammed shut a same game I've invest a huge amount of time in.

Just makes no sense what so ever.

Other than Portsmouth Council IRL when Pompey established themselves as an EPL side selling out every week.

I think FM is often too quick in expanding and building some new stadiums you only have too look at the trouble Liverpool,Spurs and Chelsea have experienced to find how hard it is for even the biggest Club's to expand.

Like I said, it happens on new stadiums. Probably far more likely to happen on new stadiums as well - much bigger project. I don't think it has any bearing on whether the stadium can't be upgraded further either - I was fairly sure if that happened, you simply couldn't request it.

No mistake made, some what of a FM 'vet' at my age.

Built in 1898. Shocking programming for this.

Will not be playing for another 6+ seasons, will prob pick a new team and play with them.

:lol:

Aye, "shocking programming". There is nothing wrong with the decision. Absolutely nothing. The only thing possibly wrong is giving a little more information on why it was rejected. Again though, it happens. But yeah, toys out the pram and all that, totally worth starting a new career just because of a perfectly legitimate choice which could change in a season.

Other than Portsmouth Council IRL when Pompey established themselves as an EPL side selling out every week.

I think FM is often too quick in expanding and building some new stadiums you only have too look at the trouble Liverpool,Spurs and Chelsea have experienced to find how hard it is for even the biggest Club's to expand.

Man Utd have been struggling with expansion plans for years now.

Proper shame Chelsea didn't get Battersea, their plan for it looked incredible.

3 years to get permission is a bit long, though. I got my permission rejected (the first time) less than a year after getting the go ahead by the club. Another attempt later and I am now building a brand new stadium.

The 3 years of planning might be in part due to when a request is put to the board. So the original poster asked for a new stadium just after the season update and that added an extra year of planning before the next season update processed the new stadium data. Just as an example you can make a request and get training facilities upgraded in 4-5 months with no planning phase and if you ask one day later it will be in planning for 364 days and then take 4-5 months to upgrade.

Councils dont take footballing success into account when deciding on planning permission...and in real life whilst working construction i came across many a problem even building small structures due to council planning permission. So in fact its pretty close to reality...it would be nice for more information as to why it was rejected but again irl you are lucky to get a full breakdown of why you cant put up a slightly larger than average shed in your back garden.

Councils dont take footballing success into account when deciding on planning permission...and in real life whilst working construction i came across many a problem even building small structures due to council planning permission. So in fact its pretty close to reality...it would be nice for more information as to why it was rejected but again irl you are lucky to get a full breakdown of why you cant put up a slightly larger than average shed in your back garden.

The Hampshire CC is predominantly made up of Southampton supporters I believe.

Practically any building of a new Stadium that takes less than 5 years to decide,plan and build in the UK is going to be unrealistic and I don't think FM should apply one situation too fit all Club's!It would be far more realistic if it acted out various scenarios when it comes to Stadium and Facility building.

There are instances of Club's getting a new stadium when their current one is adequate capacity wise and only 18 years old:-

S****horpe announced they were looking at a new ground within 20 years of building Glanford Park even when all parties are in agreement it can take another 10 years or more for them to start building.

Some authorities can appear too be totally un-supportive of Football Club's who are desperate and take forever finding a suitable location even allowing the Club too take it's supporters and spending money elsewhere with the Club possibly going under as a result:-Brighton could of gone under while waiting desperately for it's new Stadium.

Brighton business's and authorities must have lost out on the income and Tax collected off 20,000 + a match for the best part of 15 years.

Their are others that will not be allowed to expand no matter how big the demand too is unless other factors are taken into account first and they cannot rebuild as the current Stadium is relatively new:-

Arsenal have a 40,000 ST waiting list yet cannot expand untill at least the local transport infrastructure is improved,then they have to go through the process persuading the local residents to yet again agreeing to the disruption that expanding will bring and being happy accepting larger crowds.Also them building a new Stadium is highly unrealistic within the next 150 years.

Does SI take local issues into account?A London based Club looking to rebuild or relocate would probably find it far more difficult and expensive than a rural town with plenty of ''Brown field''or waste ground space

Practically any building of a new Stadium that takes less than 5 years to decide,plan and build a new Stadium in the UK is going to be unrealistic and I don't think FM should apply one situation too fit all Club's!It would be far more realistic if it acted out various scenarios when it comes to Stadium and Facility building.

There are instances of Club's getting a new stadium when their current one is of an adequate capacity wise and only 18 years old.

S****horpe announced they were looking at a new ground within 20 years of building Glanford Park even when all parties are in agreement it can take another 10 years or more for them to start building.-

And ones who are desperate and take forever even allowing the Club too take it's supporters and spending money elsewhere with the Club possibly going under:-Brighton could of gone under waiting desperately for it's new Stadium-.

Their are others that will not be allowed to expand no matter how big the demand too is unless other factors are taken into account first and they cannot rebuild as the current Stadium is relatively new:-

Arsenal have a 40,000 ST waiting list yet cannot expand untill at least the local transport infrastructure is improved,then they have to go through the process persuading the local residents to yet again agreeing to the disruption that expanding will bring and being happy accepting larger crowds.Also them building a new Stadium is highly unrealistic within the next 150 years.

Does SI take local issues into account?A London based Club looking to rebuild or relocate would probably find it far more difficult and expensive than a rural town with plenty of ''Brown field''or waste ground space

In my experience it is pretty much impossible to build a new stadium in London in FM. Last I played there was FM13, though.

Archived