Lack of Tycoons?

Anderlecht taken over by Latvian Tycoon in 2021.

Beijing were taken over by a French Tycoon in 2033.

HNK Gorica (Croatia) were taken over by a Norwegian Tycoon in 2031.

Man City failed FFP regs in 2030 & 2031.

Chelsea did have a Tycoon but he withdrew funding in 2026.

Wigan were taken over by a Dutch Tycoon in 2033.

PSG still have a Qatari Tycoon.

Monaco still have a Russian Tycoon.

The San Siro (AC Milan) is now a 111,471 capacity stadium. Interestingly, Inter's stadium is only a 95,471 capacity.

Sampdoria were taken over by a Welsh Tycoon in 2027.

Lazio had a failed Scandinavian Tycoon takeover bid in 2026.

Atalanta were taken over by a Polish Tycoon in 2028.

Benfica failed FFP regs in 2033.

Atletico Madrid were taken over by a Lithuanian Tycoon in 2030.

MVV

NEC

Berwick

Hartlepool - who I'm managing and got 57k+ stadium being developed and 5 star rep club worth over £1B :)

Yeovil

Northampton

A few have fallen through at various clubs along the way. In 2027/28 season.

Just had a look through the Premier League in my save.

Newcastle had one fail in 2016 while Leicester got one in 2017. They didn't spend much initially then £17m in 2019 while in the Championship, £23m in 2020 and £40m after they got promotion to the Premiership.

How do you find out Cougar ? Without manually going through the landmarks of each team? I have the ingame editor but not on this save. Deliberately turned it off at the start of this save.

I just flicked through the landmarks of the prem clubs tbh.

I don't think there is a quicker way.

Set your News Subscriptions to Board takeover for all Leagues.

Perhaps SI is taking the global recession into account.There a fewer around with the money to do it compared too 15 years ago,it's gone from being something a Multi Millionaires worth £50 Million or so could do to today where backers worth around £20 Billion or more are bankrolling a team's.

only team in my save that have had a tycoon invest are tottenham, not that it has worked out well for them mind!

in the 3 years he's been there they've spent £290 million on transfers yet only finished 12th, 11th and 8th and are on their 3rd manager with only a league cup to their name

Currently in 2041, went through every league in the game and checked out its history for tycoons, also some leagues do not have finance landmarks listed in the clubs history (for example, Turkey, Sweden and Denmark do not have them), here is the list.

Failed takeovers

Oxford United (England) - 2015

DC United (USA) - 2019

Juve Stabia (Italy) - 2021

Man City (England) - 2022

Sunderland (England) - 2023

FC Dallas (USA) - 2025

Melbourne Heart (Australia) - 2028

Celtic (Scotland) - 2029

Millwall (England) - 2032

Brentford (England) - 2020

Halifax Town (England) - 2023

Montpellier (France) - 2030

Espanyol (Spain) - 2030

Successful

Blackburn (England) - 2017

FeralpiSalo (Italy) - 2019

Panithrakikos (Greece) - 2019

Rayo (Spain) - 2020

Norwich (England) - 2021

AEK Athens (Greece) - 2021

Crotone (Italy) - 2022

Queretaro (Mexico) - 2023

Gornik Zabrze (Poland) - 2024

Stevenage (England) - 2026

Colorado Rapids (USA) - 2026

Notts County (England) - 2026 (also now the biggest club in England with 3 Premiership wins)

Louhans-Cuiseaux (France) - 2027

Ajax (Netherlands) - 2030

GS Ergotelis (Greece) - 2032

Cagliari (Italy) - 2032

Spartak Moscow (Russia) - 2036

Gwanhju (South Korea) - 2036

Anji Makhachkala (Russia) - 2036

Club Athletico Tucuman (Argentina) - 2037

Tranmere (England) - 2037

Academica (Portugal) - 2037

Seongnam (South Korea) - 2037

Tigres de la UANL (Mexico) - 2038

Montpellier (France) - 2039

Delfines del Carmen (Mexico) - 2039

Xoloitzcuintles de Tijuana (Mexico) - 2040

yeah, that is a lot

Currently in my game Leicester City and Hull City have tycoons, but are only 7th and 10th in the Premier League respectively. It's both a blessing and a curse. They're willing to buy just about anyone I transfer list, plus Hull are still one of my feeder clubs from 'before they were famous', so I get first option on their players. But they're snapping up a lot of the best talent from other clubs and paying insane wages. For example, Leicester are paying Andi Weimann £93,000 a week, while Hull are paying Nathan Redmond £94,000 a week. These are mid-table clubs. And neither player is playing particularly well.

If this is the kind of crap I have to endure I'd prefer less tycoons.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing FCUtdWills level 11 database, Wooton Blue Cross got taken over early in the first season by a tycoon (level 11 club).

Since then, they finished 3rd in the first season and have won 3 consecutive promotions - wage bill dwarfs the other clubs in the divisions they have been in - they even paid a transfer fees in level 11 (only £12k and under but, still, unheard of at that level)..

Chewy - This was the first season in FM14 so it was the 13/14 season when WBC got taken over. Playing with a large database.

I actually set the game up as a "just for laughs" holiday game - before I started it I edited the database to put Man Utd in level 11 (Manchester League) and holidayed through to see if they could get back to the PL. I set up the preferences to advise me of any takeovers and this is how I found out about WBC's tycoon.

Holidayed through 4 seasons so far and Man Utd are in Northern Premier League Div 1 South now and the likes of Mata,Fellaini and Van Persie etc are still with them lol!

Hey Luafc,

Sounds interesting what year is that save in and what kind of database size have you got?

Oh right Luafc11 lol,

it just seems strange that the more amount of players you had on a custom database the harder it is to get a tycoon takeover yet I've had a few happen on a small database as just a test game as to me playing on a small database is something I don't like to do. Also anyone know why you get the message 'tycoon eyes' a club then a few days later it all of a sudden changes to consortium. I'm really keen to get a tycoon game going as a last long term save for fm14 but although I know it's random it does seem they are impossible to get.

Archived