FM 13- Atlético Madrid - Lets take over Spain!

Bluemagic21

Atlético Madrid

170px-Atletico_Madrid_logosvg.png

Background

The history of Atletico de Madrid is a tale of glorious highs and crushing lows. As the Madrid team with the biggest working-class following, Atletico have always tried to do things differently to their eternal city rivals, Real Madrid. Their trophy cabinet may not be as full as their neighbour's, but they remain one of Spain's most successful and best-loved clubs. Club Atlético de Madrid, S.A.D., commonly known as Atlético de Madrid and Atlético Madrid, is a Spanish football club based in Madrid who play in La Liga. Atlético have won both La Liga and the Copa del Rey on nine occasions, including a double in 1996; in Europe, they won the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1962, were European Cup runners-up in 1974, won the Intercontinental Cup in 1975, won the Europa League in 2010 and in 2012, and won the UEFA Super Cup in 2010 and 2012.

Club:

Founded: 1903

Nickname: Los Colchoneros

President: Enrique Cerezo

Finances: Okay

Estimated Value: £235

League: La Liga

Stadium

estadio_vicente_calderon_zps774a5a21.jpg

Name: Vincente Calderon

Built: 1966

Capacity: 54,851

Owners: Athletico Madrid

Facilities

Training Facilities: Top training Facilities

Youth Facilities: Good Youth Facilities

Youth Stadium: Nuevo Cerro del Espino, Majadahonda

Training Ground:Nuevo Cerro del Espino, Majadahonda

Junior Coaching: Average junior coaching

Youth Recruitment: Well established youth recruitment

Rivalries

falcau1n17a_zps4c8c1aa9.jpg

El Derbi madrileño

El Derbi madrileño (English: Madrid Derby) is the name given to football matches between Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid, both of them from Madrid, Spain.

Real Madrid and Atlético are clubs with contrasting identities and very different fates, a divide similar to the Manchester derby, but far more political. Historically, Real Madrid have long been seen as the establishment club. On the other side, Atlético was always characterized by a "sentimiento de rebeldía" — "a sense of rebellion" — although during the early Francisco Franco years, it was Atlético that was the preferred team of the regime, being associated with the military airforce until the regime's preferences moved towards Real Madrid in the 1950s. Franco sought to make political capital out of Real Madrid's European Cup titles at a time when Spain was internationally isolated; said one minister, "Real Madrid are the best ambassadors we've ever had." Thus, Atlético fans regularly chanted that Real was "el equipo del gobierno, la vergüenza del país" — the team of the government, the shame of the country — and adopted a more left-wing slant (tempered by the rise of ultras culture and Rayo Vallecano's presence as the "true" leftist club in Madrid) to combat the conservative Real fanbase. The Santiago Bernabéu, Real Madrid's stadium, is majestic, alongside banks and businesses on the classy and aristocratic Paseo de la Castellana street, while the Vicente Calderón can be found beside a brewery along the Manzanares river. Real Madrid draw greater support because of its successes, while Atlético has a more working class fan base, which comes particularly from the south of the city.

Fierce:Real Madrid

Other: Barcelona, Sevilla, Espanyol, Osasuna

Major honours:

1 Intercontinental Cup: 1974

2 UEFA Europa Leagues: 2010, 2012

2 UEFA Super Cups: 2010, 2012

1 European Cup Winners' Cup: 1962

9 Spanish championships: 1940, 1941, 1950, 1951, 1966, 1970, 1973, 1977, 1996

9 Spanish Cups: 1960, 1961, 1965, 1972, 1976, 1985, 1991, 1992, 1996

1 Spanish Super Cup: 1985

Legendary players:

Adelardo (1959-76), Luis Aragones (1964-74), Ufarte (1964-74), Jose Garate (1966-77), Javier Irureta (1967-75), Luis Pereira (1974-80), Hugo Sanchez (1981-85), Paolo Futre (1987-93 & 1997-98), Bernd Schuster (1990-93), Kiko (1993-2001), Fernando Torres (2001-07)

Meet the squad

article-2196550-14C70928000005DC-921_634x408_zps6aea8666.jpg

Keepers

★★★★★★★ 7/10

courtoisficha_zps7fc3eff6.jpgASENJOPARAWEB_zpsd4622a96.jpg

Thibaut Courtois-Starter ★★★★★★★★ 8/10

Strengths: important matches, Aerial ability, Reflexes, Jumping

Weakness: Communication, Rushing out, Positioning

Analysis: Future star!The sky is the limit for this young stopper. He will be your number one. To bad he is only on loan.

Sergio Asenjo-Backup ★★★★★★ 6/10

Strengths:Important matches, reflexes, agility

Weakness: Injury proneness, one on ones,

Analysis: Can turn into a good number one once the departure of Courtois.

Fullbacks

★★★★★★ 6/10

filipeficha_zps58b20d91.jpgjuanfranficha_zps67bbd14e.jpgCISMAPARAWEB_zps426e0131.jpg

Filipe-Starter ★★★★★★★ 7/10

Strengths: Speed, Consistency, Determination, technique

Weakness: Aerial ability, Injury proneness

Analysis: This South American excels in going forward. He will be your first choice left back.

Juanfran-Starter ★★★★★★ 6/10

Strengths:Speed, Consistency, Determination,

Weakness: Marking, Aerial ability, Tackling

Analysis: Another good player when going forward, but not a great defensive option. He is your starting right back.

Domingo Cisma-Backup ★★★★★ 5/10

Strengths: Team Player, Heading

Weakness: Marking, Agression, Passing

Analysis: Another decent option when attacking, but not a very good defensive player. I would look for an upgrade as soon as possible.

Cesar-Not needed

Centers Back

★★★★★★ 6/10

mirandaficha_zps4aa1c166.jpgpulidoficha_zps1fbe4c72.jpgcataficha_zps3883d990.jpgGodiacutenficha_zps4bf62cbe.jpg

Diego Godin-★★★★★★★ 7/10

Strengths:Team player, Important matches, heading, work rate,

Weakness: Agility, Pace, Acceleration

Analysis:Good player. Should be your first choice center back.

Daniel Diaz:★★★★★★ 6/10

Strengths: Team player, Consistency, Natural Fitness, Aggression

Weakness: Age, Agility, Pace

Analysis: Even at the age of 33 Diaz can still get the job done. I would look for a younger Center Back for him to tutor.

Miranda★★★★★★ 7/10

Strengths:Marking, Tackling, Important Matches

Weakness:Passing,Concentration

Analysis: Miranda should pair up well with Gordin. He can also be used as a more defensive fullback.

Jorge Pulido-★★★★★ 5/10

Analysis: Pulido could turn out to be a decent player. But as of now he is nothing more than a backup.

Midfielders

★★★★★★★ 7/10

tiagoficha_zps820692e8.jpgardaficha_zpsbb6257cf.jpgcebollaficha_zps124e5e84.jpgemreficha_zps99fdbfe1.jpgmarioficha_zps612e40f8.jpggabificha_zps8c84b2dc.jpgRauacutelGarciacuteaficha_zps383c1e17.jpg

Arda Turan★★★★★★ 8/10

Strengths: Dribbling, Technique, Composure, Important Matches

Weakness: Work Rate, Marking, Natural Fitness, Stamina

Analysis: Turan will be your main man pulling the strings. He is your star in the midfield and a must keep. Can you keep him injury free?

Tiago★★★★★★★ 7/10

Strengths: Creativity, Technique, Important Matches

Weakness: Heading, Tackling, Marking, Bravery

Analysis: I would employ him as a deep lying playmaker. Don't expect him to be a defensive presence

Koke★★★★★★★ 7/10

Strengths:Team work, Work rate, Concentration

Weakness: Marking, Jumping, Heading

Analysis: he has the potential to be a star for you. Give him a lot of individual training and he should improve.

Raul Garcia ★★★★★ 6/10

Strengths: Team player, Natural Fitness

Analysis: He is a pretty decent all-around player. Provides good cover.

Emre Belozoglu:★★★★★★★ 7/10

Strengths:Skillfull, Important matches, Technique, Mental stats

Weakness:Pace, Jumping, Marking, Injury proneness, high wages

Analysis: Is he worth the high wages?

Gabi ★★★★★★

Strength: Long shots, Aggression, Teamwork

Weakness:Heading, Marking, Jumping, Strength

Cristian Rodriguez:★★★★★ 5/10

Strengths: Off the ball, important matches

Weakness: Positioning, Teamwork, Decisions, Marking

Analysis: Even though he is one of the only true wingers on the roster, he isn't worth keeping around.

Kader Oueslat ★★★★ 4/10

Analysis: Other than the fact that he was trained at the club, he isn't worth keeping around.

Strikers

★★★★★★★★ 8/10

adri_zpse81ce159.jpgFalcaoficha_zpsb55c91d9.jpgCostaficha_zpseee0cd8f.jpg

[

Adrian★★★★★★★ 7/10

Strengths: Skillful, Important Matches, Dribbling, Pace

Weakness: Heading, Long Shots, Natural Fitness

Analysis: A very important player for the team. He becomes even more important should Falcao get hurt. Can be employed in several different positions.

Falcao ★★★★★★★★★★ 10/10

Analysis: Hands down your best player. He can do anything you ask of him. Will you sell him or keep him?

Diego Costa★★★★★★★ 7/10

Weakness: Work rate,Team Work, Heading

Analysis: Another valuable and versatile member of the first team. He can be used as a winger or attacking mid.

Youth

There is talent here, but make sure you give them a chance.

Saul- A 17 year old versatile player, He needs to get stronger. It would be a good idea for Tiago to tutor him.

Oliver Torres-His passing and technique are terrific for his age. If you tutor him right and pay attention to his progress he can become a star!

Joel- He has a chance to become your number 1. As with any young keeper you just have to remain patience.

Areas that can be improved

1.Upgade the youth facilities

2.Find fullbacks with better defensive stats

3.Find better natural wingers

4.Find a young stud to replace Falcao

5.Find a star center back

6.Find another keeper

7.Find a more defensive minded mid.

Why Athletico Madrid?

1.Take over Spain

2.Falcao

3.Win the teams 1st Champions League trophy

y

STAFF

ScreenShot2013-01-08at31209AM_zpse3dea0d7.png

ScreenShot2013-01-08at31151AM_zps67fae3bd.png

Still a few things that can be improved, but overall its a improvement.

FORMATIONS

ScreenShot2013-01-08at111504AM_zps93a8b67c.png

ScreenShot2013-01-08at105005AM_zps2f1ce8d0.png

ScreenShot2013-01-08at104948AM_zps3fc8bddb.png

Thanks for reading so far.

Work in progress..

Good start mate. Hopefully there's more to come.

Just started with Atleti. Not far in yet. Most significant move has been sacking the DoF and bringing in club legend Paolo Futre to do the job.

Will update when there's more to report.

Thanks for reading guys. Futre stats look great. Just fired Caminero his stats were terrible for a dof.

Falcao (10) and Raul Garcia (7) are my two leading goal scores. My most disappointing player has been Courtois who had a mind blowing 3.6 rating vs Partizan in Europa.

His lack of communication has lead to quite a few miscues in the back, so he was benched in favor of Asenjo.

Ok here's my update so far.

Lots of staff changes, Futre as stated above the main one.

Not so many player changes, budget is poor so only one signing and he's not even gonna play 1st season. That signing is Adryan, his release clause is too good to be true and he will clearly come good in a year or twos time. For now I've loaned him to a lower La Liga side for regular first team football. I've suffered a few injuries, both Juanfran and Silvio are out for a couple months so I've brought Christophe Jaillet in on loan from PSG. Adrian and Cristian Rodriguez have also suffered bad injuries so I've taken Nolito on loan from Benfica and promoted Saul from the under 19s.

This is how my squad and formation looks:

GK: Courtois/Asenjo

DR: Juanfran/Jaillet

DC: Miranda/Pulido

DC: Godin/Diaz

DL: Felipe/Domingo Cisma

DMC(DLP): Emre/Koke

MC(BWM): Gabi/Suarez

MC(CM/A): Tiago/Raul Garcia

AMR: Adrian/Nolito

AML: Arda/Rodriguez/Saul

ST: Falcao/Diego Costa/Pedro

Stumbled through my friendlies looking for the right tactic but started the season with a win away to Depor. Next up was home to Barca which started well but ended with Messi going on a rampage and a 3-1 loss :( I'll be taking on Chelsea in the Super Cup tonight and hopefully repeating Atleti's RL success!

Just Starting my third season with Atletico after finishing 4th and then 2nd respectively in the league and getting knocked out of the champions league in the Quarters. Finally been given some money to spend as the clubs finances are dire but I believe you don't have to change too much as your core of players are actually better than they seem. I play a 4-3-3 with a DM and two wingers which really seems to bring the best out of the players I have.

Falcao is averaging a goal a game over the first two seasons. Asenjo sat on the bench the 1st season but i played him all second season as i had no money to buy anyone else but he was by far one of my better players and on the whole performed far better than Courtouis so personally id stick with Asenjo and not waste your money. Cristian Rodriguez is fantastic as a LW. He scores or assists in pretty much every game. Juanfran is also fantastic as a RW. Biggest disappointment has to be Arda Turan who can never play more than two consecutive games due to his fitness and stamina as doesnt seem to contribute anything when he does. Also hes my second highest wage earner.

Finally must say I am a little surprised by the supporter confidence by atletico. I beat real madrid 1-0 away from home and they are just OK with it. Im pretty confident any team would be exstatic with it! Puzzling stuff!

No i wouldnt dream of selling falcao

Hes by far my best player. He asks to leave every season so I promise him we will qualify for the champions league and he seems happy enough. Take into account that 50% of his sale goes to a third party there isnt really much point selling unless your going to get 45million or so for him

Currently sit 1 point clear of Real midway through January of the 3rd season. Just been taken over by a greek tycoon....Pumped 70 million into the bank and given me an extra 45 mil to spend. Im now the highest rep rated club in the world :| Everyone is interested in joining but I can't be bothered spending lots of money. So hopefully going to try and use the money to build a new stadium!

Currently sit 1 point clear of Real midway through January of the 3rd season. Just been taken over by a greek tycoon....Pumped 70 million into the bank and given me an extra 45 mil to spend. Im now the highest rep rated club in the world :| Everyone is interested in joining but I can't be bothered spending lots of money. So hopefully going to try and use the money to build a new stadium!

Atletico will move to a new stadium in the summer of 2015 - so you can't burn your money on that

Atletico will move to a new stadium in the summer of 2015 - so you can't burn your money on that

Does it mention this in your game?

I tried expanding the stadium and the board says no so I can still ask to build a new stadium but there is no mention of me moving into a new stadium at all

Does it mention this in your game?

I tried expanding the stadium and the board says no so I can still ask to build a new stadium but there is no mention of me moving into a new stadium at all

sorry thought that the game had that feature in it, pretty sure that it was in FM12 (wasn't it???)

well i already played 3 times in november when i got the game and i never managed to do anything good with it.. the lack of money in first season even 2.. small squad.. no wingers(my fav formation uses wingers) just makes for a non interesting game this year.. to bad:( ........finally there's a thread maybe will pick something useful and start again.

Had a save with Atlehico awhile back but got into another save and just deleted it.

Started up again though as I was bored and its been fantastic so far. Broke the record for most games unbeaten and most games won in a row in the first half of the season and only lost one game in 2012.

Into the 2nd half of the season I'm 2 points clear of real. I had this triple header against Barca away in the semis of the cup away in the league and at home in the cup. Lost the first 2 and fell 5 points behind in the league and thought great that's my season over but then beat them 5-0 at home! Falcao got all 5! They haven't won in like 6 or 7 games since and just lost 6-1 to real! Shows you how important morale is.

A big blow though is Adrian is out for 7 to 8 months after Diego Costa did his cruicates in training!

Might just replace him in the summer now. Gets injured too much to recover from a lay off that long.

• 2 weeks later...

Falcao is far and away the best player I've used in this years FM.

I'm in my second season and he's in crazy form. He had a run of about 6 games without scoring, but got about 8 assists in that time but now it's all about the goals.

Of the last 20 games he's played 18 times and has 21 goals and 8 assists. For the season he has 35 goals and 15 assists in 34(2) games, has fired us top of the league, into the finals of the Spanish Cup & through the group stages of the Champions League.

I know roughly a goal per game is standard for a lot of people but I've never had one player play this well. Playing him alongside either Destro or Adrian who have 21 goals between them (15 Destro & 6 Adrian) he's been brilliant in my box 4-4-2 formation as a poacher. Shocked at his number of assists, I only expected goals and maybe the odd assist but not at this level.

I sold him but Turan looks a good player. Koke develops really well (he's a beast of a DLP for me by the end of the second season) and Gabi is an alright player. The main issue I've found with them is no proper ball winner for the midfield.

I got 21mil for him in the first season, and the same again for Filipe which allowed me to bring in Isco from Malaga.

Koke was brilliant for me, but I've just lost him to PSG for 19mil :( I tried to renew his contract but PSG offered him 95K a week which I was never going to match.

Need to find a new DLP for my 2-4-2-2 formation. It's one of the most important positions so I hope I can get someone good in for less than I sold him for.

• 2 weeks later...
I got 21mil for him in the first season, and the same again for Filipe which allowed me to bring in Isco from Malaga.

Koke was brilliant for me, but I've just lost him to PSG for 19mil :( I tried to renew his contract but PSG offered him 95K a week which I was never going to match.

Need to find a new DLP for my 2-4-2-2 formation. It's one of the most important positions so I hope I can get someone good in for less than I sold him for.

I'm gonna try get Benat for the DLP role.

• 1 month later...

Started up a Atl Madrid game and have 4 games left of the season, sitting 3rd atm, 1 point behind Franco and 10 points behind Barca (Barca have played one more game)

Got rid of the injury prone players, the players that didn't fit into my system and most of the most dirty ones, and despite that I've never had so many yellow and red cards in any other league I've been playing in

Major overhaul of the squad

Costa, Filipe, Godin, Adrian, Mario Suarez, Raul Garcia, Tiago, Miranda, Turan, Rodriguez and Insua all left

Dede, Aspas, Kyle Walker, Siqueira, Muniain, Rodrigo, Monreal, Alvaro Dominguez (bought home from Gladbach), Andre Ayew and the Barca youngster Thiago and Bartra all joined

(Otamendi also joined but were sold on in January as he keeped getting sent off)

- De Sciglio, Mino, Kozak and Adrian (Betis) were loan signings

- Braulio, Vergini, Estigarribia and 9 newgens are signed on pre-contracts on fairly low wages to help out the B side/U19 next season (and back-back-back up for the first team) - some of the newgens will hopefully progress to the first team in a few years time

The keeper spot is still open for next season, depending on what Chelsea wants to do with Courtios

Team as it stands before I hopefully lands a keeper in the summer

Asenjo

Walker-Dede-Dominguez-Monreal

Muniain-Thiago-Koke-Ayew

Falcao-Rodrigo

Reserves

Joel

Manquillo-Diaz-Newgen-Siqueira

Juanfran-Oliver-Ruben Perez-Saul

Newgen-Aspas

---

Played the reserves in the Euro League and they won their group but were knocked out in the next round by Braga, but still a nice job for them - they lost out to Real as well in the cup

I came so close to winning the league in the first season.

I just needed 2 wins from Sevilla at H and Madrid A to finsh ahead of Madrid.

In typical fm fashion though I lost at Home to Sevilla and beat Madrid away.

I won the 2 cups though.

• 1 month later...
Started up a Atl Madrid game and have 4 games left of the season, sitting 3rd atm, 1 point behind Franco and 10 points behind Barca (Barca have played one more game)

Got rid of the injury prone players, the players that didn't fit into my system and most of the most dirty ones, and despite that I've never had so many yellow and red cards in any other league I've been playing in

Major overhaul of the squad

Costa, Filipe, Godin, Adrian, Mario Suarez, Raul Garcia, Tiago, Miranda, Turan, Rodriguez and Insua all left

Dede, Aspas, Kyle Walker, Siqueira, Muniain, Rodrigo, Monreal, Alvaro Dominguez (bought home from Gladbach), Andre Ayew and the Barca youngster Thiago and Bartra all joined

(Otamendi also joined but were sold on in January as he keeped getting sent off)

- De Sciglio, Mino, Kozak and Adrian (Betis) were loan signings

- Braulio, Vergini, Estigarribia and 9 newgens are signed on pre-contracts on fairly low wages to help out the B side/U19 next season (and back-back-back up for the first team) - some of the newgens will hopefully progress to the first team in a few years time

The keeper spot is still open for next season, depending on what Chelsea wants to do with Courtios

Team as it stands before I hopefully lands a keeper in the summer

Asenjo

Walker-Dede-Dominguez-Monreal

Muniain-Thiago-Koke-Ayew

Falcao-Rodrigo

Reserves

Joel

Manquillo-Diaz-Newgen-Siqueira

Juanfran-Oliver-Ruben Perez-Saul

Newgen-Aspas

---

Played the reserves in the Euro League and they won their group but were knocked out in the next round by Braga, but still a nice job for them - they lost out to Real as well in the cup

Chelsea decided to hold onto Courtios, so I had to bring in a new keeper, the choice was Mandanda from Marseille, as he had a min clause in his contract, so the little money I had could be stretched over 48 months to meet the clause

Added Lukaku (Loan), Digne (Loan), Neuton (Loan) and Whelan (Loan) to the squad as back ups before the start of the 2nd season

Ruben Perez, Silvio and Pizzi left (to add to the transfer fund) so I on the last day of the transfer window could add Yann M'Vila of Rubin to the squad

Same goes for the cups in the 2nd season - all to the reserves - La Liga is the nr 1 priority

In the Spanish Cup they got to the final, where they lost to Barca 1-0

They came 2nd in the group stage of the CL after Bayern, but ahead of PSG and Brøndby - then they beat Man City, before loosing to Ajax

The first team did brilliant in La Liga

3lm8.jpg

with this being the strongest lineup

j0q6.jpg

Only downside to the game is that the club now is £59m in debt

has anyone developed Saul with Atletico? I've started a Newcastle save and can get him for 3.5m, does he turn out well enough?

I know that is a while since you were posting, but...

yf5c.jpg

The first season he were primarily in the reserves, but have played much more games in the 2nd season, now the training will be concentrated on the mental/defensive stats to make him a more allround player in midfield

• 2 weeks later...

Q for the ones playing as Atl...

When coming to La Liga vs CL - what do you priority?

My reserves have made it to the semi finals vs Bayern - but still I find myself putting out the first team in a game vs Sociedad only 4 days before the first leg of the semi's as the fight for Liga Liga is extremely tight with Barca this year at this stage

Q for the ones playing as Atl...

When coming to La Liga vs CL - what do you priority?

My reserves have made it to the semi finals vs Bayern - but still I find myself putting out the first team in a game vs Sociedad only 4 days before the first leg of the semi's as the fight for Liga Liga is extremely tight with Barca this year at this stage

I'd look at the league table, is it a game you could afford to lose? So say you're 4 points clear at the top of the league, doesn't matter if you lost it by playing reserves, you'd still be top of the league.

I'd look at the league table, is it a game you could afford to lose? So say you're 4 points clear at the top of the league, doesn't matter if you lost it by playing reserves, you'd still be top of the league.

"problem" is that after the Sociedad game, it is Bayern 4 days later, then another La Liga game 3 days later, then Bayern 3 days later, then another La Liga game 5 days later

It isn't one La Liga that that you are risking by going all in on the semis, it is three league games that is going to be effected by it - if I were 10-12 points clear it would be pretty obvious what to do, but with Barca breathing down my neck, 4 points clear of them with 4 games left

"problem" is that after the Sociedad game, it is Bayern 4 days later, then another La Liga game 3 days later, then Bayern 3 days later, then another La Liga game 5 days later

It isn't one La Liga that that you are risking by going all in on the semis, it is three league games that is going to be effected by it - if I were 10-12 points clear it would be pretty obvious what to do, but with Barca breathing down my neck, 4 points clear of them with 4 games left

That is some congestion right there, you could try your first team/reserves in the first leg against Munich, and hope for a good result, then go from there? See how tired players are.

That is some congestion right there, you could try your first team/reserves in the first leg against Munich, and hope for a good result, then go from there? See how tired players are.

I've 23 first team players (if stretching it - including some of the B side players and youth players) so they are ready are tired as hell if I don't rest them when ever possible

Lost the first leg 3-0 in Bayern, but won the two La Liga games - so did Barca

So is ready to play the second leg, with 11 tired first choice players - brilliant *lol*

---

But the Q what people preferred to win if it was either La Liga or CL

I've 23 first team players (if stretching it - including some of the B side players and youth players) so they are ready are tired as hell if I don't rest them when ever possible

So is ready to play the second leg, with 11 tired first choice players - brilliant *lol*

---

If I had to choose, probably CL, title is probably easier to win than just the domestic league.

---

Well the reserves managed to beat Bayern 3-0 in the ordinary time, and then put in another 2 in the extra time - final awaits against Franco - hmm should the reserves be rewarded for getting us there, or should I go all in ???

I played Atleti in FM12 and really enjoyed it, so I got around to starting a save on FM13 last week using the official squad updates.

I'm currently in February 2013, the January transfer window just closed. I didn't do any business in the summer because there's no budget. I figured I could rely on Olivier, Saul and Javi Manquillo (RB) to help fill out the squad. I play a 4-3-3 with wingers and a DM. Adrian and Juanfran have been solid on the right, with Arda Turan and Rodriguez being only OK on the left. I prefer Gabi, Koke and Mario Suarez in midfield over Tiago, who makes a good backup (as does Raul Garcia).

I got 12 million Euros for the January transfer window, but then I was offered the chance to change my season expectations as I'm #2 in the table (1 pt over Real, 10 or so behind Barca however) and I made it through the Europa League group stages with ease.. I bumped my expectations up from European Qualification to Title Challenge so I could get 16M. Malaga's Camacho has a 5M buyback clause so I snapped him up as he's homegrown at the club, develops well and I was short at backup for the DM spot. Gaitan had been playing for Benfica's B side, and although they rejected all my inquiries about him, they transfer listed him for 9.25M. I used him in FM12 to great effect, and I had wanted to try someone else out at LW (like Bernard) but at that price I couldn't resist. I loaned out Saul, Olivier, and Pulido to gain some more first team experience.

Hopefully I'll stay ahead of Real Madrid as the league continues, and fingers crossed Barca drops some points (not counting on it though). I'm in the Copa Del Rey finals and I imagine I've got a good enough squad to conquer the Europa league. I'm up against Braga and if I beat them I'll probably be up against Lyon. In the summer I plan on selling Diaz and buying back Alvarao Dominguez (buyback clause 8M) and selling Arda Turan. Turan just really hasn't done anything to impress me. Think I'll pick up Benat to replace him. If I get a big offer for Falcao I probably wouldn't turn it down either. Wellington Nem seems tempting too to play at RW. Maybe I could stick with Diego Costa and Adrian at ST or go for Rodrigo if Falcao leaves.

Archived