Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

1) Arrows are now just a visual indication of whether forward runs are rare/mixed/often. A forward arrow means often, although this is not displayed for strikers. No arrow means mixed, and a back arrow means rare. Changing the arrows directly alters the forward runs setting and vice versa

2) The back arrow just means they are set to forward runs rarely

3) Sounds sensible. A lot of people have difficulty getting the FCd position to work well though, so be prepared to experiment with his settings

4) Don't know this one I'm afraid...

Ah, thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll just have to have a fiddle with the set-pieces to find out what works. Ta.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to get the balance of good training schedules (you need good coaches and training facilities aswell) and first team exposure. Up until the age of about 19-20ish you keep your players at your club. Then start offering them out on loan, its better to accept offers if they say 'will be a valuable member of the first team' so you know they will get matches on loan. Its also worth finding out which clubs have the best training facilities and coaches so that they will then get better training whilst on loan. After you feel they are ready to break into your first team start to introduce them gradually, starting with smaller domestic cups and bringing them on as subs in your main competitions.

The main factors are your timing and training, get these right, and aslong as they have a decent PA you should develop your players well

The preferred moves bar in the training section is always grayed out (none)....how can I get this to work?

To teach preferred moves you either have to go through personal interaction with the player, or get them to learn off another through tutoring. PPMs cannot be learned through normal training

Three extremely stupid questions for any tactics gurus out there!

1-Does balance matter? If I play a AML but not an AMR and set instructions to focus passing down the right flank will this muck up the balance of my side?

2-Does width matter at all? At the moment I'm playing 4-1-3-2 with instructions set to narrow. It's working very well but should I get the fullbacks to push up or will this expose my defence?

3-I want to retrain Arshavin to MC-he can play AMC, AMR, AML, MR and ML and is accomplished at them all apart from AMC where he is a natural. However he is inneffectual at MC and 3 months in he's made no progress-should I jack it in?

Thanks!

Hello, this is a really stupid question but im stuck.

Every game my ass man tells me my midfield is giving to much space between midfield and defence AND then says there is to much space between attack and midfield.

How do I get my midfield to you know like turn up?

Thanks

Keep the mentalities between the three lines (D,M,A) close together - read the TT+F thread for ideas.

Sorry the TT&F by wwfan is too long for me to read so I've raised one stupid question...

Which is the base that wwfan's TT&F is built on:

a) cracking of match engine

b) revealing by SI programmer

c) personal observaotion & experiment

thanks

From what I understand - over the years 99% ©, and recently tacit agreement by SI that they are good tactics and assumptions to use.

i have some stupid question...play with arsenal, formation 4-4-2 with amc(playmaker), but i can't understand why my strikers (eduardo, adebayor) are playing very baddly, almost every game 6,2 rating?!

try some different tactics (4-1-3-1-1, diamond formation and some more) but no effects on strikers...

really hard work for tactic in 09, no problems since 1995 (cm)...

i have some stupid question...play with arsenal, formation 4-4-2 with amc(playmaker), but i can't understand why my strikers (eduardo, adebayor) are playing very baddly, almost every game 6,2 rating?!

try some different tactics (4-1-3-1-1, diamond formation and some more) but no effects on strikers...

really hard work for tactic in 09, no problems since 1995 (cm)...

Are you on patch 9.2, cos the issue of strikers getting low ratings has been sorted in this patch?

Can anyone point me in the direction of some decent corner kick tips or has there not been any real discussion on this yet?

Search the forum - there are loads of threads about this

Why don't the attribute change arrows on the training screen match the attribute change arrows on the overall profile screen?

The arrows in the training screen are an indication (so I've been told) of the general trend of how those attributes are increasing. What you have to remember is that in the background, each attribute is 0-100, while we only see them as 0-20, so for example, if someone's passing is shown as 12 to us, it could be between 56-60 on the 0-100 scale. Thus an arrow saying it is increasing in the training screen may just mean it has moved from 56 to 57 - so no visible increase in the game.

Hi I was wondering if anyone could clear this up for me, I did do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

When looking at the position of players in the tactics screen you can have the players with suggested runs indicated by arrows. Now in the old version you could have runs anywhere, I seem to now be only able to do a run forward or a run back. Is there any way to get it back like it was in 08?

Hi I was wondering if anyone could clear this up for me, I did do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

When looking at the position of players in the tactics screen you can have the players with suggested runs indicated by arrows. Now in the old version you could have runs anywhere, I seem to now be only able to do a run forward or a run back. Is there any way to get it back like it was in 08?

No mate. Changed it.

The arrows now only represent the player Forward Runs setting.

Hi,

in spite of sounding like a total ass - where is the "assistant manager arranges friendlies" button. I cant be bothered to find matchups for my b-team, but im absolutely not finding this option anywhere.

This, i think, qualifies as a stupid question.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

in spite of sounding like a total ass - where is the "assistant manager arranges friendlies" button. I cant be bothered to find matchups for my b-team, but im absolutely not finding this option anywhere.

This, i think, qualifies as a stupid question.

Thanks in advance.

Manager -> *Team Name* -> Team Settings

In the tactics how many notches are there?,sometimes when i count it seems to be 18 other times it seems to be 20:confused:

And how can you ensure your slider is on the right notch?,say you want mentality on 14 sometimes its difficult to know exactly which notch your on 13 or 14

Quick question please, where do my tactics & training schedules get saved? And how do I import them into a new game from an old saved game? When I start a new game & try to load formations/schedules from previous games I can't find them anywhere in the FM09 folder. Thanks.

also: for corners and free-kicks I have two players, 1 right-footed, 1 left-footed, both with 18 on corners and free kicks - the best in my team (vargas and srna). Is it better to have out-swinging corners or in-swinging; and should left footer take from left side or right side? IRL, left footer takes from right side generally but i've seem to have mixed success... anyone got a theory as to which is better? thanks

How do I make my players tackle? There's an invisible 5 yard forcefield around AI players, I can see my players bouncing off of it every time they get close.

the Closing down instruction - I have all players except CB and GK on whole pitch, CB on own half

Hi I'm new to Football Manager and i was wondering what is the meaning of and here could i find the following:- CA, PA and Hidden stats?

CA = Current Ability (out of 200, how good they are now)

PA = Potential ability (out of 200, how good they can be)

Hidden stats cover attributes such as professionalism, consistency etc

You can view this in the editor although it does ruin the game somewhat i find

It takes all mystery out of the game. For example, if you know a players PA you know excatly how good he can get and can check his CA to see when he's got there.

Pretty sure there's a check box when starting a game about showing hidden attributes although don't know if it will reveal all.

No idea why SI have kept some stats hidden but i think its more fun that way..

i have sth confused on the tactic instruction,what's the meaning of 'close down corner' in defend corner setting,and 'mark keeper' in attack free kick ,'near post flick on ,attack ball from deep,challenge keeper, lurk outside area,offer short option' in attack corner!

sorry,as a starter,i can't know the detail effect of them in the game,anybody could tell me,thanks so much !

happy new year ...

First post - not sure if this is a stupid question or not:

I recall a guide for FM08 that showed what different attributes were required in your coaches to achieve 7 star ratings for all categories.

For example, your attacking coach must have 18 for Attacking and 16 for Technical, your ball control coach must have 18 for Technical and Tactical.

Does any such guide exist for FM09, and if not, will the FM08 guidelines still apply to FM09?

Many Thanks!

J

First post - not sure if this is a stupid question or not:

I recall a guide for FM08 that showed what different attributes were required in your coaches to achieve 7 star ratings for all categories.

For example, your attacking coach must have 18 for Attacking and 16 for Technical, your ball control coach must have 18 for Technical and Tactical.

Does any such guide exist for FM09, and if not, will the FM08 guidelines still apply to FM09?

Many Thanks!

J

Here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=9025