European Championship Threads

I remember that back in 2010, there were threads created in here for the discussion of the tactics of the various teams featured in the World Cup. Is this going to happen for the European Championships?

Edit:

State your choice of team and I'll write your name next to it in this post:

Poland - llama3 - Official Euro 2012 - Poland Team & Tactic Guide

Greece

Russia - llama3 - Official Euro 2012 - Russia Team & Tactic Guide

Czech Republic

Netherlands - Chef Raekwon - Official Euro 2012 - The Netherlands Tactics & Team Guide

Denmark

Germany - fyrefuze - Official Euro 2012 - Germany

Portugal - fyrefuze - Official Euro 2012 - Portugal (The Navigators)

Spain - Cleon - Official Euro 2012 - The Spanish Tactic & Team Guide

Italy - gooner83 - Official Euro 2012 - The Italian Tactic & Team Guide

Republic of Ireland - kevin3 - Official Euro 2012 - The Republic of Ireland Tactic and Team Guide

Croatia - kpain16 - Official Euro 2012 - The Croatian Tactic & Team Guide

Ukraine - DeadPanda - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/308762-Official-Euro-2012-The-Ukraine-Tactic-amp-Team-Guide

England - jimbobBRFC - Official Euro 2012 - The England Tactic and Team Guide

France - ZdlR - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/308771-Official-Euro-2012-The-French-Tactic-amp-Team-Guide

Sweden - Tactikzz - Official Euro 2012 - The Sweden Tactic & Team Guide

Iirc it was divided by groups, which I think is the best approach as it doesn't clog up the whole forum with threads and at the same time doesn't create a chaotic mega-thread.

Yeah yeah that makes sense. I presume one person wrote each tactic thread? I say we do it anyway, im sure we can get enough people together to cover every team

I think Guardian Football are doing this, there's a breakdown of the Poland squad/tactic on their site. Could be useful

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/29/euro-2012-experts-network-poland-tactics?newsfeed=true

That does look good, but it could also be interesting to have a discussion here about how to implement the various tactics into Football Manager. In the World Cup for example, Bielsa's Chile was a particular tactical highlight and there have been a number of attempts to recreate his style in the match engine.

Yeah yeah that makes sense. I presume one person wrote each tactic thread? I say we do it anyway, im sure we can get enough people together to cover every team

I did a search and it was heathxx who started all of them. If the mods approve of the idea they would be prime candidates for the thread starting.

That does look good, but it could also be interesting to have a discussion here about how to implement the various tactics into Football Manager. In the World Cup for example, Bielsa's Chile was a particular tactical highlight and there have been a number of attempts to recreate his style in the match engine.

I did a search and it was heathxx who started all of them. If the mods approve of the idea they would be prime candidates for the thread starting.

Yeah they would, lets hope one of them spots this and see what they think. I'd be up for writing about a team though :)

If someone wants to do them by group then feel free. I'm not sure how heathxx feels but personally I don't have the time to write or start anything at the minute so the threads wont be started by me sadly. So if someone wants to do them then go ahead :)

However make them detailed with a decent opening post please :)

Opps sorry closed the thread by mistake.

Yeah, I was about to write you something about that, glad it's back open so quickly. :)

It's probably best to follow jimbobBRFC's idea in that case and have someone do each of the threads. I'll post the list of the teams now and people can choose which team they want to take. Then we can discuss what we would want to see in each of the opening posts here.

Okay nice. Edit it into your opening post and put a name at side of the team to say who's doing the thread etc, then everyone can see who is doing what so we don't get duplicates.

OK i'll put a link in there now :)

EDIT:

Link posted in the GP&TG forum :)

How are we going to set out these posts on the teams, it will probably be good to get some form of structure so that they are all similar :)

Thinking maybe

-squad overview/potential ot succeed

-likely lineups

-likely tactics

-personal views on the team

Anything else anyone thinks

France, please. I'll be following the Toon heroes anyway, so might as well add an incentive...

I'm glad you are doing France, was hoping someone who understands tactics at the level you do would choose them. That's the team I'd have gone for if any out of them all.

EDIT:

How are we going to set out these posts on the teams, it will probably be good to get some form of structure so that they are all similar :)

Thinking maybe

-likely lineups

-likely tactics

I think they should be set out simliar to the Team threads in GPTG forum and then the focus can be the tactics once the games starts

EDIT:

Thinking maybe

-likely lineups

-likely tactics

Yeah something along those lines would be great, perhaps with the strengths/weaknesses of the tactics and implementation into FM. It doesn't need to be anything major though, just something to get the ball rolling for a decent discussion.

Any particular preferences welshace? And do you want to be added to the list for Portugal, fyrefuze?

I think they should be set out simliar to the Team threads in GPTG forum and then the focus can be the tactics once the games starts

Yeah yeah good idea actually Cleon :) Maybe the squad overview history asap then tactics and FM implementation once the EUros kick off, think thats the best way actually. Although at this rate there arnt going to be enough people hahaa

Yeah something along those lines would be great, perhaps with the strengths/weaknesses of the tactics and implementation into FM. It doesn't need to be anything major though, just something to get the ball rolling for a decent discussion.

Any particular preferences welshace? And do you want to be added to the list for Portugal, fyrefuze?

Yeah I thought that, FM implementation definately needs to be done

Yeah yeah good idea actually Cleon :) Maybe the squad overview history asap then tactics and FM implementation once the EUros kick off, think thats the best way actually. Although at this rate there arnt going to be enough people hahaa

Yups :)

You could talk about what tactics etc they have used in qualifying or are expected to use in the Euro's if people want to create the threads now rather than wait.

I'm sure once a few threads are up others will follow. I'll try and do something too :)

i have never done a team thread before but would love to give it a shot in preparation of maybe doing one for FM13 so will happily take on Italy and will get it sorted tomorrow.

I've added you :)

I'd be interested in doing one for Ireland seeing that they are my national team, if that's alright. They may not be the most exciting tactically but I'm more than happy to contribute.:)

I might find some time to do one, probably The Netherlands but Cleon's set the bar so bloody high, not sure I can do it justice. I'll let you know this weekend.

I don't think you'd need to as in-depth as Cleon has. It's more about the discussion that is generated really. If you can do that then that's excellent, but even half the size of Cleon's opening post would be very good imo.

Yeah doesn't have to be like mine if you don't want. I was just bored and had a spare hour :)

It's not that I don't want, I just don't think I have that much free time! Work is such a ball ache, keeping me away from blogging, FM and soooooooo much more fun stuff!

It's not that I don't want, I just don't think I have that much free time! Work is such a ball ache, keeping me away from blogging, FM and soooooooo much more fun stuff!

Don't worry about it fella. I get like that a lot, want to do things but don't have the time etc.

For anyone wanting to do a thread but might not have much time take a look here for inspiration http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/euro2012

Hi, I'm Dutch, have seen 95% of all games of the Dutch team since '98, I have a good understanding of tactics (comes with the Dutch nationality, to be fair!) and I love to write. My English isn't bad as well. If you still need someone to review the Dutch team, I'm your man.

Hi, I'm Dutch, have seen 95% of all games of the Dutch team since '98, I have a good understanding of tactics (comes with the Dutch nationality, to be fair!) and I love to write. My English isn't bad as well. If you still need someone to review the Dutch team, I'm your man.

Go for it :)

Archived