[FM12] minneapolisJon's Backgrounds - 3,000+ backgrounds

minneapolisjon

Stadium Backgrounds

MEGAPACKS & nation-by-nation options

by minneapolisJon & friends

SportingClubedeBraga-SAD.png

Pack Details: The Top Leagues contains the top clubs of many, many nations. Currently, the MEGAPACK is split into six seperate pieces, as downloading all of them is too massive for any site to hold. There are many people and sites that have given genrously of their time and knowledge, namely my main man kumquat_s from FM-View, Bard, Orthodox, and company over at SerbianFM, and the FMXpert boys led by the always fantastic Jonas. Without these lads, this never would have worked.

Last year, these packs were downloaded over 35,000 times. It was a massive project met with an equally massive response. All combined, these packs were the result of over 700+ hours of work. So you can fathom that it's a bit large. As this is a six-part download, I will list all the nations in each version (note that version 1.01 has two parts), so that way you can see what it is that you are getting in each. If you are really observant, you may notice that there is not a version 1.02 - I have combined all of 1.02 into version 1.03 so that there is one less download.

I have not updated anything as of yet for FM12 - so the leagues will have some shifting and relagating of clubs between them. If you want everything that I have done in a particular nation, I suggest going to that nation's download page, where you will get a bunch more stadiums than what is in these.

minneapolisJon's Download Page

Here's a listing of leagues, nations, etc., that are in each of the megapacks that I have posted...

Top Leagues of Europe, version 1.01

Nation and League Details (fully assisted by kumquat_s):

- Austria: Top League

- Belgium: Top League

- Denmark: Top League

- England: English Premier League, Championship, League One, League Two, Conference National, Conference North, Conference South

- France: Ligue 1, Ligue 2

- Germany: Bundesliga I, Bundesliga II, Bundesliga III

- Holland: Eredivisie, Eerste Divisie

- Italy: Series A, Series B

- Norway: Tippeligaen

- Portugal: Top League

- Russia: Premier League

- Scotland: Scottish Premier League, SFL First Division, SFL Second Division, SFL Third Division

- Spain: La Liga (BBVD), Liga Adelante

- Sweden: Allsvenskan

- Switzerland: Axpo Super League

- Turkey: Super Lig

- Ukraine: Premier Division

- Wales: Welch Premier League

Top Leagues of Europe, version 1.03

Nation and League Details:

- Andorra - Every team in Andorra

- Czech Republic - Gambrinus Liga (1. Liga)

- Finland - Veikkausliiga

- Greece - SuperLeague

- Iceland - Urvalsdelid (Pepsi-delidin)

- Ireland - Premier Division

- Israel - Premier League

- Portugal - Liga de Honra (Liga Orangina) - assisted by the always classy Jonas & Co. over at FMXpert

- Romania - Liga 1 (Bergenbier)

- Serbia - SuperLiga - assisted by the quality crew led by Bard and Orthodox over at Serbian FM

Top Leagues of Europe, version 1.04

- Bulgaria - A PFG league (Top Tier)

- Croatia - 1. HNL (Top Tier)

- France - Championnat National (3rd Tier)

- Germany - Regionalliga (4th Tier) - Nord, Sud, West

- Luxembourg - National Division (Top Tier)

- Malta - Premier Division (Top Tier), First Division (2nd Tier)

- Northern Ireland - IFA Premiership (Top Tier)

- Scotland - All Senior Leagues (4), All Junior Leagues (13)

- Spain - Segunda Division B (3rd Tier, 4 Leagues)

Top Leagues of the World, version 1.01

- Argentina - Primera Division

- Australia - A-League

- Brazil - Series A, Series B

- Hong Kong - Top League

- Japan - J-League 1

- Mexico - Primera Division

- South Korea - K-League

- United States - Major League Soccer (MLS)

National Stadia, Version 1.02

Details:

This pack contains over 500 stadiums, all used by the national teams of 218 nations in the game.

A great addition for any manager playing as a national team manager, or for use when scouting any nation on earth.

Nation - By - Nation Downloads

Details:

If you are looking to go crazy deep into nations like England (866 teams), Germany, Spain, France, America and want tons of high-quality stadium pictures, the link above is the one for you.

You can now choose what nations you want to go deep into, beyond the megapacks and get some serious depth. How deep? Scotland has over 200 pics. England? Every team in the pyramid through level 10. This interest you? Then this is where you find the level of depth to the background packs.

Previous Releases:

All released individually in seperate packs over the last year, now they are all here in one location with minty fresh links for you folks to enjoy..

WIP:

There's tons of work to do for FM12, and like everything, things are prioritized. The megapacks are on the backburner from here on out, as I prefer to work on a nation-by-nation basis. These are here for those that don't want to download all 800+ stadiums I have done for England, but just want the top leagues. I may update these once I have finished the cursory work on the national packs (fixing FM12 issues, new stadiums, etc.), but I am not committing myself to it.

More Screenshots Below:

(but for a ton more - go to the "nation-by-nation" link, and see over 500 pics for yourself)

Wrexham.png

HNKRijeka.png

RealSaltLake-1.png

Want to get this? Good. Then go to the link below for them:

minneapolisJon's Download Page

Absolutly Fantastic. Ive already downloaded quite a few leagues backgrounds. Its like playing old versions of cm when each teams background was on the disc. Can anybody reccomend a skin that goes well with them though because i just cant get on with the one i currently use and i have found others dont show up very well with the backgrounds.

Cider Ed, the best skin working for me to not mix the background pics and game text is Michael Murray's Base Dark BG skin.

Details here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279828-Football-Manager-2012-Base-Skins

Download here: http://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/Skins/base-skins-for-football-manager-2012

Tom Dixon's Steklo works ok as well, but he's not released his skin yet for FM12.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the thoughts lads.

I am doing alright, got released a few days ago - just taking things easy for a while and try my hand at being a lurker on the forums for a while. I cannot put any energy into GFX this year sadly, as I am not really able to give any project the time that I would like to give it.

But thanks for the concern, it means the world to me. :)

Cheers,

minne

I am doing alright, got released a few days ago - just taking things easy for a while and try my hand at being a lurker on the forums for a while. I cannot put any energy into GFX this year sadly, as I am not really able to give any project the time that I would like to give it.

Cheers,

minne

That's brilliant news! For goodness' sake, don't worry about the graphics - we'll get by. Just care of yourself man, we're all wishing you the best :thup:

Cheers,

minne

Good to hear your on the mend mate, don't worry about the graphics your pack is already top notch just kick back and enjoy the holidays mate.

• 4 weeks later...

To get the strength back in my hand, I am trying out PS to help with detailed dexterity.

With that in mind, I figured why not put out something a bit different than my traditional background packs...

...So, I came up with the Cut-Out style facepacks for an oft-neglected group of men and women.

Now, you can see the face of those that are holding back your squad from reaching true glory.

Now, those that make your skin boil off of the bone with a burning hatred...

Get ready to hate every interaction with your Board of Directors:

The Chairmen of the Board facepacks

Facepacks-Chairmen.jpg

FACEPACK-Spain.jpg

Download here:

Release page at FM-View

Packs Released:

England - Premier League

England - Championship

England - League One

Spain - La Liga

These will be availible (I believe) in the next update of the "Cut-Out" magepack put out by the good lads of susie...

Cheers,

minneapolisJon

These packs are something else - fair play!

Few questions if you don't mind:

What skin are you using in the examples?

Secondly, you mention you'll be upgrading the Brazilian pack to include third division clubs, any idea when this will be?

Also, are you planning on doing Colombian and Uruguyan packs?

Finally minneapolisjon, I read you were in a bit of bad way not too long ago on another forum - hope your making a steady recovery! All the best.

These packs are something else - fair play!

Few questions if you don't mind:

What skin are you using in the examples?

Secondly, you mention you'll be upgrading the Brazilian pack to include third division clubs, any idea when this will be?

Also, are you planning on doing Colombian and Uruguyan packs?

Finally minneapolisjon, I read you were in a bit of bad way not too long ago on another forum - hope your making a steady recovery! All the best.

The example pics are from FM10 - using Tom Dixon's excellent Steklo 09.1 Redux (LHS Mod) - but do not fret, the packs work on FM12. I could not be bothered with taking tons of new screen shots which would only look different by using different skins. Tom has an All-New Steklo out for FM12, aptly named Steklo X2, and that can be found here - Steklo X2 on SI's forums Link

As of right now, all my main work is on hold - my physical recovery from the accident is taking a bit longer than I had hoped. I have the ability to do just about everything that I could before, but I am frequently tired. I have MS (a muscluar disorder) that makes both healing take tons more time and effects my hands, legs badly. Doing the four hours of rehab a day, working (at a desk, mostly) 40 hours a week, trying to play the guitar again (I am a musician by night), playing FM, and a six-year relationship with my ladyfriend that needs time leaves me with little time for my love of BG packs. So the Brazilian update, as well Colombia and Uruguay will be waiting a while longer.

Really, I ruled out GFX packs for the full year when I got out of the hospital - but I needed something that could work my manual dexterity back and involved no weight (which ruled out the guitar). So i hit upon the idea of doing some work in PhotoShop, and the "Chairmen" packs helped with that. I wasn't going to release them until I releaized that they could even be put into the game. Then, it was just 30 minutes of coding, and bang - a new facepack.

And lastly, thanks for the support. I cannot tell you how suprised I was to find out that my ladyfriend posted about it on FM-View (my main site, where I am an Admin) and the response that the community gave me. It means a lot thinking that even though we are mostly faceless people in the community, there's enough caring to actually have people go out of their way to wish me good tidings. And yes, my recovery is going quite well. Better than the doctors figured it would by a long shot. I am walking, moving around, and typing this out by hand. Tying shoes is still a massive, 15 minute process, but I could always just get velcro shoes if it really bothered me. Which it doesn't.

Cheers,

minneapolisJon

Hey I downloaded the backgrounds and they look fantastic. HOWEVER, the writing in certain pages are black so I can't see it because of the background... I'm using the default FM12 skin. Is there a way I can change the writing to white so I can see it?

Cheers,

Joe

Hey I downloaded the backgrounds and they look fantastic. HOWEVER, the writing in certain pages are black so I can't see it because of the background... I'm using the default FM12 skin. Is there a way I can change the writing to white so I can see it?

Cheers,

Joe

You need a new skin, one with a filter. I use Jon's wonderful backgrounds alongside this skin http://www.dazs8.com/#/scorpio/4557733472

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A bit of an update for you lads on my BG's that are almost ready to be released - there are a ton, so bear with me for a moment:

Argentina - 42 teams

Austria - a few more shots

Belguim - 58 clubs

Bolivia - 13 shots - top league and a bonus team!

Brazil - C league

Colombia - 36 teams

Ecuador - 14 teams

France - a few shots

Germany - a few shots

Holland - 36 teams

Mexico - 36 teams

Paraguay - 13 teams

Peru - 27 teams

Uruguay - 17 teams

Venezuela - 19 teams

I am almost there - just the coding left on this project. Should be out soon on my Downloads Page at FM-View for those that are interested in them.

Cheers,

minneapolisJon

• 2 weeks later...

Updated - Brazil - Now over 100 shots, all of Series A, B & C as well as tons of teams that compete at the State Championship level in Brazil.

BotafogoFRTeam_Players.png

download BRAZIL here

More shots below:

ItuanoFCTeam_Players.png

ECJuventudeTeam_Players.png

CoritibaFCTeam_Players.png

Want to see more? Here's a link to see a slide show of over 100 Stadiums in this release: SLIDESHOW

I'm back everyone. Good to see you all...

Cheers,

minneapolisJon

These are amazing, but cout you add club backgrounds to all your configs as they only show on team and stadium.

for example

-----------

You have

<record from="1708" to="graphics/pictures/team/1708/background"/>

<record from="1708" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/1040/background"/>

Well could you do this

<record from="1708" to="graphics/pictures/team/1708/background"/>

<record from="1708" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/1040/background"/>

<record from="1708" to="graphics/pictures/club/1708/background"/>

As youll have noticed ive added to club view to the config

scotty -

I could add those, but as it stands I'd have to hand-create another 3,478 lines of code, which, frankly, isn't going to happen. There is not a program that has "Club" as an option (that I know of) to create an "auto-config" file. I Just don't have the time to re-enter that many lines of code. GFX makers tend to hate the coding bit, and I hate it even more so than most GFX makers.

But for those wishing to do the simple coding themselves, here's a Cut & Paste option for everyone:

<record from="X" to="graphics/pictures/club/X/background"/>

All you need to do is open the config.xml file that is in the folder of the pic of the stadium you want to add the background for, change "X" to the teams' UID that you want to add a club background for and save. You can find the Club's UID in the editor, or simply turn on the "Show UID" option under Preferences -> Display & Sound. After selecting the "show UID", make sure to refresh the skin.

Sorry I cannot do this for the packs, but if anyone knows of a auto-config program that has CLUB has a background option, I'd be happy to do so for both my new packs as well as my old ones. Or, if anyone has 40 hours to kill, they could redo all the configs, and send them my way - and I'll re-upload the packs with it.

Any volunteers? :)

Cheers,

minne

thanks for replying mate i understand where your coming from , but i think i have a quicker idea. why not copy and paste lets say the part that has pictures/team etc copy and paste it into a blank config then open the new config and goto find and replace and replace the team with club that way it will replce the whole lot for that folder in one go then copy and paste it into the original config and bingo youll have teams, stadiums, clubs

That would work, but even just copy/paste the "team" set of the config.xml, and swapping out "club" for "team" would take more time than I currently have. It would be a simple matter, but doing it 3,000+ times over is something that I would rather not take on for the heck of it. It'd be about 20-40 hours just to redo what I have already done. While it would be a good thing, and something that I will do with all of my new releases, it is not something that I am going to go back and redo. I'd rather just get around to it when I get to updateing that particular nation's stadiums.

The amound of time it would take just to upload 3,000 HD, 1M+ pics in the 118 packs I have out there would be another 20+ hours, even if the only thing changed is the config.xml. These files are quite large, as you may have noticed :)

If you are up for it, and would put in the legwork on the config for the "club" screen, I'd be happy to take those off your hands and put them into the packs and reload them when I have free time. I do not have that much free time, and have not even played 3 full seasons on FM12. I'd rather use my little free time hunting new pics, improving old packs and playing FM. I need to focus on my enjoyment of the project. Sadly, spending another 40+hours with config.xml files just for one screen is not worth the investment.

But like I said, I'd be happy to take the config.xml if someone else does them and add them to my packs for the future updates. And I'd probably get around to doing those updates quicker...

cheers,

minneapolisjon

i see your point mate but if theres only 118 packs then there will only be 118 configs am i right? and if so you only have to change each config once with what i said, as it will replace the whole config from team or stadium to club in one go

i see your point mate but if theres only 118 packs then there will only be 118 configs am i right? and if so you only have to change each config once with what i said, as it will replace the whole config from team or stadium to club in one go

Erm...sort of.

Each config.xml file contains two lines of code for each picture - the "TEAM" and "STADIUM" lines. My All-England packs (which comes in two parts - but we'll pretend it's one pack for ease-of-understanding) contain 866 pics - so that's 1,732 lines of code in that single config.xml file. You'd have to add (by the Copy & Paste method) a whole other set. I'd suggest c & p'ing the "TEAM" lines of code because the lines contain the right UID in both locations. Then, you'd have to replace the word "TEAM" from the new 866 lines of code and replace it with "CLUB" (if that's the correct phrasing for that background image to show on the "club" screen - I am not sure if it is). And then after all of that is done, there's just 117 packs to go, and then I would have to upload every pack, and update every single link across three sites.

It's a beast of a project, mate - that's why I'm not comitting to it in full. Like I said, if someone went through the trouble to update all of the configs (with the 3,478 new lines of code added and changed) I still would only use them when I updated the pack with new teams and improved shots. The amount of time it would take just to upload those packs and redo all the links is 2 weeks worth of my free time. I cannot really see the benefit of losing that much of my life to putting the stadium on one screen, when it is already there when you click on any other tab other then the "club overview" page, which you'd have to do to see anything useful anyways :)

I will do it for the new packs, as the time would not be a huge burden (I'd already be in the coding groove) and I'd obviously be planning on uploading that pack and creating links for it. Other than that specific circumstance, I would not expect it to happen. Granted, that circumstance will happen from time-to-time.

Cheers,

minneapolisJon

Updated - Belgium - 61 stadiums are now yours for the taking, including the top two leagues of Belgium in full. Includes a number of lower league teams as well.

Also, the first pack of mine releases with the "Club" screen added to the BG config - look at the pics.

ClubBruggeKVTeam_Players.png

Link to download page HERE

Here's some more pics for you:

ClubBruggeOverview_Profile.png

FCVDenderEHTeam_Players.png

RSpaFCTeam_Players.png

Update: an all-new nation is complete for their top league - Ecuador. That's right, Ecuador. Brimming with seats and stands and grass - this pack will be sure to force you to look for an atlas and find this little footballing nation. (hint: try along the equator)

Download Ecuador HERE

Like usual, here's some pics:

LigaDeportivaUniversitariadeQuitoTeam_Players.png

CDeportivoCuencaTeam_Players.png

LigadeQuitoOverview_Profile.png

BarcelonaSportingClubTeam_Players.png

Cheers,

minne

Update: Italy just got the treatment. The previous release of this had 41 stadiums, this has 141. That's right, 100 new stadiums, with the other 41 being reworked, replaced, or tweaked for an even better picture. This pack contains the Serie A, Serie B, Serie C1 (both A & B), Serie C2 (both A & B) as well as tons of lower league clubs for your Italian experience.

Grab it here: Italy's download page

Per the usual agreements, here's some pics:

FiorentinaTeam_Players.png

SienaTeam_Players.png

ACMilanOverview_Profile.png

ComoTeam_Players.png

Filefront had issues when I tried to upload to it over the last 3 days - I'm currently at work, but I will try to get it up on Filefront over the next two days. Sorry that you have issues with Rapidshare - but it was the only site working for me to upload onto without paying for it.

any other thoughts or suggestions as to other sites would be great - I aim to please :)

Cheers,

minneapolisJon

Archived