+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,100 of 4347

Thread: dafuge's FM11 challenge

Part-Timer

Crispypaul - Carshalton - Season 2016/17 - nPower Championship

Second time round in the playoffs after finishing again in 3rd - but this time we won with a last minute Longobardi goal over Blackpool.

GK:

Zdenek Zlamal took the no.1 jersey from Hamer this season.

Defence:

Mike Williamson was good in defence.

Christophe Lowinsky was a rock.

Midfield:

Mikel Barrena made the left his own.

Reece Hands was again a star in the centre.

Erkan Zengin did well on the right.

Attack:

Lucio Longobardi was our main striker.

Matteo Donatelli did well when present.

In other news, Man City won the Premiership and Man Utd the FA Cup and Blackburn the League Cup. Man City also picked up the Champions League again and Spurs the Europa League.

We're groundsharing with West Ham (for some reason) whilst we have seating installed.

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12       BSS                 1st                       Champions, Promoted
    2012/13       BSP                 1st                        Champions, Promoted, FAT Winners
    2013/14       L2                   1st                        Champions, Promoted
    2014/15       L1                   2nd                      Promoted, JPT Winners
    2015/16       Championship    3rd                       Lost in play off final
    2016/17       Championship    3rd                      Promoted, won in play off final

So with nine games of the BSP season left we are finally safe from relegation after a crazy game against Port Vale on a waterlogged pitch that ended 2-2 - neither teams players could run and the ball kept on getting stuck - which gifted us two goals and port vale one, before we were reduced to 10 men after 28mins and then 9 men after 63mins thanks to two professional fouls on the edge of the area, though it did take Vale until the 86th minute to equalise at which point I was down to 7 men due to an injury

Thoguh the draw did somehow lift us to a season high of second place just two points behind Aldershot but only three ahead of Salisbury who sit just outside the playoffs, the downside is I now have three defenders out injured (two long term) and another two suspended.

Amateur

Starting this tonight holidaying now will post later on who i get

Well an absolutely dreadful performance against Fleetwood that saw us thrashed 6-0 (thankfully after private chats with the entire side who are all determined to do better has lifted their morale back up) has just thrown the race for the BSP title wide open.

With three games to go we are top with 81 points (a run of 9 wins from 10 games ending with a 1-0 win over previous leaders Aldershot jumped us to the top of the league), Fleetwood (who now have the same goal difference as us) are just behind us on 77 points as have Kettering, whilst Histon, Aldershot and Gateshead all have 76 points, Salisbury in 7th have 75 points whilst Crawley in 8th are a bit behind with 70 pts.

And as expected we bottled it

Conceeding a 96th minute equalisler against Cheltenham and losing 2-0 to relegated Bromley thanks to two gifts results in us throwing the league away to Fleetwood - Though relegated Forest Green did their bes to help us scoring two late goals against Fleetwood but they were unable to find a third to claim a draw against Fleetwood and with Fleetwood winning our result was inmaterial as we finished second and have to enter the playoffs.

Ashton United – Blue Square Bet Premier 2012/13 – Season 2

So after just about claiming the BSN title last season I was hoping for two promotions in a row to get us into the Football League however I'd be happy with staying in the BSP.

Our expectations were to fight against relegation - I could have picked a higher goal but they all gave me the same funds, namely nothing. The bookies gave us odds of 40-1 and expected us to be battling relegation whilst the media said we'd finish rock bottom.

Though there was some good news in our Youth intake as my staff reckoned young right winger Scott Plumley had the potential to be a good League One player in future.

Transfers - I struggled to attract better players this season, though I did manage to grab two useless players on loan, and with promotion jacking up everyone's wages I went out getting rid of any squad players who's wages were two high for their status, and I even managed to get some money for a couple of players - flogging four players to Wales for a total of £71K - though I nearly forgot how annoying the Welsh teams are at this level - they seem to have plently of money is good however the fact that they can get your players on bosmans at the end of december isn't.

FA Cup - We lost to fellow BSP side Mansfield at the first hurdle this year.

FA Trophy - We also went out at the first hurdle in the FA Trophy again, this suffering an unlucky 4-0 defeat to Wrexham in a replay - it was an even game until Wrexham scored just after the hour we then collapsed conceeding twice more within minutes before my Keeper was injured and I'd already made my subs leaving me with 10 men and a Striker in Goal for the last 16 minutes in which surprisingly we only conceeded one more goal.

Blue Square Bet Premier - It was a weird season, we started off the season with no consistency as I tried to find our best formation and best XI and with it looking like we'd finish the season in a safe mid table position we suddenly hit form in February winning five games in a row scoring three goals in each, our run was only ended by Port Vale after we could only draw to them after spending most of the match with just nine men. we then won our next four games ending with a win over Aldershot who'd been top of the league for the last 20 games but had now been replaced by ourselves, however we then collapsed suffering two draws and two defeats in our next four games including a 6-0 thrashing by Fleetwood who after our second defeat leapfrogged us in the league and claimed the title with us having to settle for second place.

In the Playoffs we were to face Gateshead and a fine first half performance saw us return home with a 3-1 lead. The Second leg was to be my 100th game at Ashton and we started off where we finished winning 4-1 to make it 7-2 on aggerate, the game also brought in a record £40K and saw us set a new BSP goalscoring record.

In the Final we faced Histon and in a nervy game Histon grabbed the only goal after managing to bundle the ball home from a corner in the 86th minute to leave us in the BSP next season - however there was a silver lining as we made £270K from the final (which was about 50% of our income for the entire season) which put our finances nicely in the black for next season.

Squad

Signing of the season has to have been my new Keeper - Norman Bevan arrived as a 15yo generated into the game without a club but with the Potential to be a Championship player and despite his tender age he was already better than my other keepers and after a slow start he quickly made the #1 jersey his own.

In Defence Jacob Hronec continued at right back though with him missing the last three months due to injury Welsh Youngster Michael Harriman was given a chance after he was released from QPR. On the left Daryn Hennessey had a solid season as he made the position his own.

In the centre of defence Sean McGinty was a rock it also didn't hurt that he was pretty lethal on attacking corners grabbing an impressive nine goals, partnering him was Jack Dean until his poor form at the end of the season saw him lose his place to Conor Coady who rotated between DC and MC this season.

On the right wing I brought in former Blackburn trainee Jamie Maclaren who had a solid season though he did miss the first three months of the season due to injury, on the left was the impressive Sean Wray who'd been released by Ipswich, providing cover was Alex Cooper again.

In the centre of midfield deployed as my Playmaker was Striker David Mooney who'd been released by Reading and is slowly being retrained into a Midfielder and despite a slow start he was soon controlling the midfield, this left Joe McKee on the bench who might have regretted turning down an £80K move to Notts County at the start of the season who are currently in the Championship. Providing the defensive cover in midfield was my Captain Francis Zenaba who really struggled at times.

Upfront I brought in Aaron Wilbraham as a new Targetman after he'd been released by Ipswich and he had an excellent season scoring 14 goals and getting 12 assists, partnering him was Max Wright who is somewhat annoying - he is either deadly or useless in a game and you never no which one is going to turn up. Providing cover was fellow Scotsman Callum Bagshaw.

Best XI - For some reason Benali is picked ove Zenaba? Whilst Youngster Plumley is named on the bench?

Overall XI - Not to bad only wingers Piana and Owusu-Ansah are no longer here.

Average Attendance leaps upto 20% this season.

Finances - Playoff Final money means we actually made a profit and have some money for next season.

Manager Profile - Still an unproven manager

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements            Average Attendance %
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12        Blue Square North         1st             Promoted - Champions            8
    2012/13        Blue Square Premier       2nd             Playoff Final Losers           20

Amateur

So sorry for delay been busy at work nice weak off to play football manager, anyway David Clark becomes new manager of newly promotedBedford Town

Amateur

Going to give this challenge a go again.

Already looking forward to trying my best to get Metropolitan Police up next year...

Amateur

Going To Restart this challenge just lost my save data file argh.

Amateur

I've decided to give this one a go once more. I can never see to complete it, but I'll try again, nevertheless.

I give you the new manager of Cambridge City!

Part-Timer

Everytime I try to download the ddt file, it saves with a padlock icon on the file, and doesn't show up in either my computer or FM. Any help?

Third Team
    Its hard to stay mad...when there\'s so much beauty in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by davidbowie View Post
    Nantwich - Premiership 2034/2035
    Wondering what kind of players you have now? Could I ask to see your team players, formation etc? Just curious

Amateur

Congratulations. Hopefully there'll be a choice of good international jobs after the 2036 European Championship. It was your first CL Final wasn't it. I bet you'd have gone Ape ecrement if you'd lost after the rest of your season.

Third Team

Nice win davidbowie.

Amateur

Cambridge City - Blue Square North - Season 2011/12
    Table | Past positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

A great first season saw us quickly getting some wins, but at a cost. We were constantly conceded quite a lot of goals, and the goals kept comming both ways throughout the season. Samuel Ameobi showed himself as a good goalscorer early, but a serious injury kept him out of play for about 6 months. My backup striker, 17 year old Matthew Reece had to step up, and luckily he did deliver. Most of the squad are players who were released by Premiership clubs during the summer, and many delivered great. Towards the end of the season we were looking good for a spot in the play-offs, and some good result towards the end we got some good results to give us a possibility to gain promotion. In the semis we knocked out Nuneaton by winning 2-1 in the first match and 3-1 in the other. We were up against Worcester in the final, but we found ourselves down 3-0 by the 10th minute. Even though we struggled to try to catch up, we failed and lost 4-1 in the end. That means another season at this level next year aswell.

In the FA Cup we managed to get through to the 1st round, but an away leg against Scunthorpe turned out to hard. Our short stint in the FA Trophy came to an abrubt end when Stafford knocked us out in the 2nd qual. round.

Code:
    Season		Division		Position	Achievments
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12		Blue Square North	4th		Lost in the play-off final

Part-Timer

Salisbury profile

Personal page

I know Salisbury probably isn't the hardest one, but I just chose the team with a mainly plain white shirt Will try and do a season every couple of days, and will give updates.
    Last edited by Braundjoh; 06-05-2011 at 20:24.

Amateur

well im signing up very very late but fml died so time to do something different..
    Going with Kendal Town.. should be ermm interesting..
    will probably get through a season every day or so... depending on work.. but wouldnt be surprised if i lose interest after 2... i always do..
    However i hope not!

Amateur

It's not my intention to talk down on anyone here, the performances are to be admired. But why do so few people take on a team in a weak European country? With the DLR it makes the game so much more awesome... The dude that played with that Hungarian team was simply brilliant. Is it because you're all from the UK?
    I browse these forums to look for the stories of people that make small countries big, but they're very rare and I don't understand why.

Part-Timer

I thought this challenge was specifically English lower leagues? And I think most people would go English regardless, as the structure is well known, and all the teams are well known, even those in the lower leagues. That's the reason I do it, anyway.

Amateur

Lol, I browsed this thread together with the other similar challenges, didn't read the first line of this thread. :')
    Apologies!

Part-Timer

Hello you crazy challenge lot! I've been making some kits for teams that you can play as in Dafuge's challenge. So far I've made Colwyn Bay, FC United, and Cambridge City. If you want to see them, go to http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/a...es/FM%20Stuff/

I'm planning on releasing them for others to use (and making some more), but I don't know where I can upload them. Anyone know of a site where I can upload the zipped file for the kits and config for free? PM me if you do, because I'll probably miss your post if you put it here.

Part-Timer

Thought I'd get back into my Dafuge's Challenge save. I'm playing as Colwyn Bay FC, and still in my first season.

Last Ten Results

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...5games2012.png

I played these games months ago, so can't remember much about them. The results are pretty good though. As always, Droylsden caused us problems. I struggle to beat them as Colwyn Bay, and struggled to beat them on my FC United save. Other than the two losses, my team has performed great.

League Table

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...amesin2012.png

We're 25 games into the BSN, and currently sitting in second place. Tamworth are top, but only one point in front and we have a game in hand. In twenty five games, we've conceded far too many goals. I've tweaked my tactics for my second attempt at this save, and hopefully the changes will help the defense out.

FA Trophy

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...ltsJan2012.png

Very disappointing. That's all I have to say about that.

FA Cup

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...ltsJan2012.png

Having an amazing run in the FA Cup. My first game since I started playing this save again, and it was against Preston in the fourth round. I expected a heavy loss for my team, but somehow we managed to win, and we looked good doing it. Michael O'Halloran scored both our goals, and I made sure to tell him how brilliant he played. The team made a nice £92K reward for winning in the fourth round. Bring on the Premiership team in the fifth round!

Part-Timer

I made £305K for Colwyn Bay in January 2012, and I've drawn Arsenal in the FA Cup fifth round! Bring on the dosh!

Amateur

Cambridge City - Blue Square North - Season 2012/13

We followed up last season and topped it by winning the league and gaining promotion. It was clear early on that it would be a two horse race race between us and Alfreton. Luckily we draw the long straw and won it on the second to last match. Once again Samuel Ameobi had a great season along Michael O'Halloran up front. Towards the end we brough in a new striker to complete the two great ones we had, Sam Whittall, and he made clear he wanted a stake at first team football. In only 7 matches and one sub he managed to score a total of 9 goals. Next season should be exiting to see who we are going to favor up front.

In the FA Cup we managed to get through to the 1st round, but as last season an away game to a higher level team proved too much. This time it was Brentford who knocked us out. In the FA Trophy we managed to get all the way to the 4th round before Salisbury got the better of us.

Code:
    2012/13		Blue Square North	1st		Promotion

Part-Timer

XaW, good to see O'Halloran is playing well for you. He's not scoring as well for me. Sixteen matches, only nine goals.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fcunitedfan View Post
    XaW, good to see O'Halloran is playing well for you. He's not scoring as well for me. Sixteen matches, only nine goals.
    Thanks, he's doing a good job up front. 9 goals in 16 matches isn't bad though?

Part-Timer

It's OK. I want 16 or more in 16 games though lol. Yussuf is doing great up front for me.

Part-Timer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdR5tDvLlbM

This may be the most ridiculous own goal I've ever seen.

Third Team

It's OK. I want 16 or more in 16 games though lol. Yussuf is doing great up front for me.
    Can I see what Yussuf looks like? I had one in my team who did quite well. Is he French?

Part-Timer

He's from Tanzania. Here's a link to a screenshot of him: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...Attributes.png

Part-Timer

In 38 league games, my Colwyn Bay side has managed to pick up a record breaking 80 yellow cards and 5 red cards! That's a shocking amount of yellow cards.

Youth Team

He's from Tanzania. Here's a link to a screenshot of him: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...Attributes.png
    Product from Leicester City iirc? ;)

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo7 View Post
    Product from Leicester City iirc? ;)
    That's correct.

He's in contention for BSN player of the year.

Part-Timer

Finally finished the first season of the save I started about six months ago. I had typed a long review of the year, but when I tried to post it, it said the page had expired! I swore a bit, then decided to post screenshots rather than big descriptions.

Colwyn Bay - Blue Square North - 2011/12
    Media prediction: 22nd
    Actual position: 1st

League Table

Results Part One

Results Part Two

FA Trophy

Results

FA Cup

Results

Key Players

Adi Yussuf

Cameron Lyn

Matthew Regan

Michael O'Halloran

Other Stuff

Transfers

Finances

I got BSN manager of the season!

Next Season

All I can hope for is to stay up. Anything better than just avoiding relegation will be a bonus. I'm hoping for another good FA Cup run, and it'd be great to make a challenge for the FA Trophy instead of going out of it at the early stages.

Last edited by fcunitedfan; 09-05-2011 at 19:40.

Part-Timer

Finally finished the first season of the save I started about six months ago. I had typed a long review of the year, but when I tried to post it, it said the page had expired! I swore a bit, then decided to post screenshots rather than big descriptions.
    Yeah, that will happen if you don't have the "remember me" option enabled for the forum. Easiest way round it if you're not fond of cookies is to type up in a text-editor first and then copy/paste

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Yidd0! View Post
    My scouts picked up this guy. Bid for 30k, accepted and contract negotiations have gone well.

Looks like he will be a BIG player, if he buggers off in a few years, he should be worth a few bob by that point.

Also, he will be the first player I have actually paid for for FC United.
    Bonjour. Been a while!

Picked this back up a couple days ago. About to get promoted to the prem after bouncing a few seasons around L1,Championship, then L1 again, then straight back to Championship with the guy mentioned in this quote as my star DM. Quality player. Best scouting find for me ever :P

BTW, I'm 6th in Championship in Jan.

There we go...

Will properly update tonight with eVERYTHING thats been happening. So much to tell...

Part-Timer

Colwyn Bay - Pre-Season - 2012/13

Results

Not bad results in the friendlies. Lost the first and last matches, but didn't expect to win them. The other five matches went well.

Tactics

I decided to try a 4-5-1 in the friendlies, and it worked pretty well. I still need to tweek it, but what I have will do for now.

Transfers

I signed ten players and got rid of seven, all on free transfers. I need to get rid of a few more players, but I'm still under my wage budget. Near enough all the players I signed will be good enough for League one, if I ever get that far.

Anton Peterlin

Conor O'Sullivan

Danny Foster

Darren Carter

David Mooney

Jean-Yves M'Voto

Leon McSweeney

Luke Hendrie

Phil Imray

Stuart O'Keefe

I could do with a better left sided defender because my Conor O'Sullivan is OK, but he's more a signing for the future than a signing for the present first team. Apart from that, I'm all set for the season ahead.

Finances

Transfer Budget

Wage Budget

My transfer budget is huge. I've never had a budget over £1m in the BSP before. An £8k wage budget is nice. If I need it, I am able to adjust my wage budget up to £16,250. I won't need to do that, as I'm pretty much set for the season in terms of players. I won't be spending any of the transfer budget either. I'm happy to sign good quality free players if I need them. I can't resist a bit of wheeler-dealing.

League preview

The media have predicted we'll finish bottom of the table, but I told the board I can achieve a mid-table finish. I'd be quite happy finishing somewhere in the upper to middle area of the table, and then making a big promotion push next year. Although, with the quality players I've brought into the team, I wouldn't be surprised if I got a play-off spot this year. If they play well together from early on in the season, and if my tactic works out well, I could be playing in League Two next season.

Last edited by fcunitedfan; 10-05-2011 at 17:19.

Part-Timer

Colwyn Bay FC - Ten Matches In - 2012/13
    Media Prediction: 24th
    Current Position: 2nd

Results

Great set of results to start the season off. Some big wins against the likes of Grimsby and Crewe.

League Table

Can't believe I'm currently in second place, and unbeaten in the league so far. Gateshead are top by only one point, having lost one than us but also won one more than us. I hope my good run continues, but I know we'll slip up sooner or later.

Key Players

David Mooney: Scoring a good amount of goals, including a hat-trick against Grimsby.

Leon McSweeney: Three goals and five assists in nine games speaks for itself really. He's playing wonderfully on the right wing.

Luke Hendrie: Doing a great job in central midfield. Scored a few, and set up a few.

Matthew Regan: I didn't expect much from him this season, but he's performing above all my expectations right now.

Part-Timer

Am I the only person still playing this challenge? Where's all the other peoples updates? Come on people!

Colwyn Bay - Twenty games In - 2012/13

Results

Done well until my last two games, which I lost. Hopefully the team won't go on a downward spiral, because I'm really happy with how things are going.

League Table

After twenty games, I'm in 2nd position again. I was at the top, until I lost those two games in a row. I'm determined to win, now that I'm in a position to do so. Gateshead are playing brilliantly though, so getting ahead of them and staying ahead will be a difficult task.

FA Cup

So far, so good. Into the second round, and playing a team I should beat comfortably.

Part-Timer

I think there's a handful of people still playing, but not everybody plays at the same rate, and some people prefer to only update at end-of-season. I can assure you that there are still people reading, even if they're not posting

Part-Timer

I'm getting bored reading my own posts though! I'm interested in other peoples careers so far. I'd love to know if people like Welsh Wizard are still playing as Colwyn Bay.

Third Team

Am I the only person still playing this challenge? Where's all the other peoples updates? Come on people!

So far, so good. Into the second round, and playing a team I should beat comfortably.[/CENTER]
    I should jump in an say, I am enjoying reading your posts.

Youth Team

I enjoy having a read through this thread every now and again so keep posting away
    I'm contemplating whether or not to tackle this challenge myself!

Part-Timer

Go on Gizmo, give it a go. It's fun and at times rather exciting.

Part-Timer

Colwyn Bay - Thirty Games In - 2012/13
    Current Position: 1st

League Results

Thankfully, the downward spiral I was worried about never happened. Fixture congestion through December and into early January meant I had to rest some key first team players for a few games, and it showed. The eight day rest before the Altrincham match really helped out, and by the time that game came around, all my players were well rested and ready to get a big 6-0 win. Colwyn Bay vs Altrincham Match.

League Table

Thirty games in, and sitting at the top of the table with a four point lead. My team are performing great. Even better than I expected them to. Gateshead have dropped out of the play-off spots after a bad run of results.

FA Trophy

I'm already doing better than last year in the FA Trophy. Hopefully I can win it this year. Should beat Stalybridge with relative ease, so bring on the 4th round.

FA Cup

Just like last year, I'm doing really well in the FA Cup. The win against Bournemouth was a very lucky one, as they dominated the game and I scored a lucky goal after a counter attack. Colwyn Bay vs Bournemouth Match. Hereford next, and they should be a bit easier than Bournemouth were.

Key Players

Danny Foster: Doing a great job in the right back position.

David Mooney: I trained him to play better in an attacking midfield position, so that he and Adi Yussuf could both play in my 4-4-1 formation. He's doing really well as an attacking midfielder.

Adi Yussuf: Back in the first team, and scoring loads.

Matthew Regan: He's still the rock of my defense.

Leon McSweeney: Got the most assists by far. His crossing has been brilliant.

Latest Transfers

I've brought in three young players, one to play as left back in the first team, and the other two as backup players who will hopefully develop into first team players in a year or two. If they don't, I'll sell them on for a profit or let them go when their contracts are up.

Part-Timer

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...ion_Stages.png

What are the chances of this happening? Arsenal (hopefully) in the 5th round of the FA Cup two years in a row. That's just freaky, but it's another money maker.

Part-Timer

How do you do the code thing for every season? I can't remember.

Part-Timer

With four games remaining, Colwyn Bay F.C. have won the BSP! We're also in the final of the FA Trophy. I'll post a full update at the end of this season, so expect it in a few hours.

Youth Team

Well, I've decided to give this challenge a go and after a fair few reloads, I'm now the proud manager of Tiverton Town
    With just one coach in my backroom staff, I've got my work cut out!

- Media prediction - 21st
    - Start of season expectations - quite simply, "avoid relegation".

Let the journey begin!!

Part-Timer

Good luck Gizmo. Remember when you're playing the game past midnight, don't eat anything.

Youth Team

haha thanks for that piece of advice fcunitedfan
    Looking forward to your update soon as well.

Amateur

Matlock 11/12 - GoalieManPat

I finally got the time to play again so I have restarted my Matlock save. Media predicted us to finish bottom couple. Season didnt start to well as it took a while for all the new players to gel. Once they did the form was excellent. At the end of the season we ran in to a bit of an injury bug and dropped a lot of points. We still finished in the playoff position but were handled in the first playoff. Wasn't to upset about it as I dont think the team is ready for promotion and another year down here will help in the long term. Goalkeeping was suspect all year and was able to pickup a very nice replacement towards the end. Look forward to using him all next season. Goals before next season are to find another attacking right midfielder, central midfielder, and another consistent scorer. If I can get those with my spiffy new GK and back line Ive already assembled the team should do very well next season.

League Table
    Squad
    Team MVP

Youth Team

Should I be worried that I can't beat my own reserve team??
    We drew 2-2...

GoalieManPat121 any chance you could show us a screenie of your new 'spiffy' 'keeper?

Amateur

I dont have a screenie as Im browsing the forums from work but hes Alan Martin from Scotland

Part-Timer

Colwyn Bay - Season End - 2012/13

Media Prediction: 24th
    Actual Position: 1st

Results Part 1
    Results Part 2

I can't really complain about the league results. The fixture congestion in December/January is a bit difficult to get through, but other than that my team performed great throughout the season.

League Table

First place again! Only lost three, and only a few points off the hundred point mark. Twelve points in front of Fleetwood, who won the play offs and rightfully get promoted as the second placed team in the league. Interesting to see that only one of the teams promoted to the BSP went straight back down again (Havant and Waterlooville). The other two (Salisbury and Altrincham) just managed to stay up. Who cares about them though? I'm in League Two next season!

Meet the 2012/13 season BSP manager of the year! Yes, here I am in all my glory. I'd like to thank my mum, dad, uncle, aunt, other uncle, other aunt, the other other uncle... And you for believing in me! I couldn't have done this without you. Well, I could have, but... OK, I take that last bit back. I did do it without you all. Thanks for nothing!

FA Trophy

It wasn't the easiest cup win, but I managed it. Had a couple of replays along the way, which made my fixture list tight. The 3-3 draw against Crewe was nerve wracking, but the other matches weren't too hard.

FA Cup

A great run, equally as great as last years. Made me a pretty penny, especially the match against Arsenal. Strangely, got knocked out by them in the same round as last year. At least it wasn't a 7-0 thrashing, and my team managed one goal against them. That's positive progress

Key Players

Matthew Regan: Second Year in a row that he's one of my key players of the season. He was brilliant in defense.

Jean-Yves Mvoto: Played alongside Regan for most of the season, and they worked great together.

Conor O'Sullivan: The third member of a great defense. He didn't play as regularly as Regan and Mvoto, but still played really well.

Adi Yussuf: Great striker of a second season. It took me a while to make him a space in the first team squad again because I first wanted to train up Mooney to play as an attacking midfielder. When he got his first team opportunity, he started scoring very consistantly. If he'd played in the first team from the start of the season, he could very well have been the BSP top scorer.

Danny Foster: The fourth member of my very strong back four, and he played as great as his defensive teammates.

Leon McSweeney: Great left winger, who set up loads of goals and scored some himself.

Luke Hendrie: Played well in the middle of the park, but got injured and spent 8 weeks out of the team. Still injured now, but will be fully fit in time for next seasons friendlies.

David Mooney: So happy with him. Started the season scoring a good amount of goals, then happily trained hard to play as an attacking midfielder and played well in that position for the rest of the season.

Transfers

Went just as mad in the transfer market as the season before. Some brilliant free players signed for my team, and got rid of a lot of deadwood.

Finances

Made £250k more than last season, and that extra was due to the FA Trophy win. My finances are in great shape, and the board is over the moon with the amount I made, and also my wage control.

Pre-Season 2013 Plans

I've got to improve a few areas of the team, but most of the first team players I've got should play well in League Two. Looking forward to seeing how Yussuf will do in League Two, as he's dubbed as League Two quality.

Next Season

Colwyn Bay will probably be dubbed as most likely to be relegated, but I'd quite like to end the season in a mid-table position. Obviously the dream finish would be top of the table, but I don't think I'll pull it off again. A good FA Cup run again would be nice, and a decent League Cup run would be just as nice. Right now I'm looking to make as I can out of both cups.

Last edited by fcunitedfan; 13-05-2011 at 22:01.

Amateur

Cambridge City - Blue Square Premier - Season 2013/14

Our first season turned out great. Although we started a bit slow, we got it going midway through the season. We even flirted with the playoffs at a point, but couldn't keep our concistency in the end. Sam Whittall has been instrumental all season long banging in goals. Some problems turned up as the season went on, mainly that we got way to many players who don't have the skills for this level. This summer we need to have a clearout of the junk. If we get in some replacements for the ones leaving this summer we should have a possibility of a playoff spot.

The FA cup ended almost before it began as Histon knocked us out in the 4. qualifying round. In the FA Trophy on the other hand we went all the way to the top. Beating Ebbsfleet on pens in the final.

Code:
    2013/14		Blue Square Premier	9th		FA Trophy winner
    Last edited by XaW; 15-05-2011 at 10:25.

Amateur

Matlock 12/13 - GoalieManPat

It was a good season for Matlock wrapping up the league with 3 games to go and gaining promotion. I addressed the main issue of getting more consistent scoring than the previous season. Picked up Kevin Smith on free and he just couldn't stop bagging goals. He 100% carried the load for the team scoring 40 goals in total throughout the season. He also set the league scoring record for a season. Nelson-Addy won league MVP and I received manager of the season. My other concern from the previous season was the play of my attacking wings. They came through great with 13 and 9 goals. My defense was solid all year as well as the backline really improved from the previous season. We were in control of the league pretty much from start to finish. Had an unfortunate setback in the Cups as we really didnt go that far.

Next step the Blue Square Prem. Unfortunately Addy was poached from us as I didn't have my wages set up for next season but it will be a big hole to fill. I'm excited to see how the team performs up a league.

Roster
    Table
    Promotion!
    Player of Season
    Manager of Season
    Kevin Smith
    Jesse Waller-Lassen
    Ian Morris

Code:
    2011/12		Blue Square North	5th		Lost in the play-off final

Amateur

Cambridge City - Blue Square Premier - Season 2014/15

A great season that culminated into a thriller in the last gameweek. Early on it was clear it would be a two horse race between ourselves and Grimsby. We traded the top spot back and forth through the season and going into the last game of the season we found ourselves trailing by one single point. Our game was an away match against Staines, while Grimsby met allready doomed Darlington at home. We needed to do one better than Grimsby and had to hope for a Darlington point, in order to win the title. At half time the score in our game was 1-1 so I decided to check the result of the other game, and to my amazement Darlington was one up and Grimsby were a man down after a red card early on. I sent the boys out in the second half, telling them to fight for promotion. The final straw came in the 84th minutte when our top scorer Josh Bowler netted his second of the game to see us a goal ahead. I didn't dare to check the results before the whistle where blewn. When I did I found out Darlington had held on to the result and beaten Grimsby. Which meant we were champions! I cheered loudly, ignoring my girlfriend sighing next to me. We are in the football league next season!

Our FA Cup adventure didn't last long this time around either. A 1st round game away at AFC Wimbledon proved too hard. In the FA Trophy we were reigning champions but Fleetwood knocked us out in the semi finals.

Code:
    2014/15		Blue Square Premier	1st		Promotion

Part-Timer

I've jumped back into my FC United save for a change of scenery, so here's an update. Thirty-One games into the 2013/14 season, and we're sitting at the top of the League Two table. Just got to the fifth round of the FA Cup after beating Port Vale 3-0, and my next FA Cup game is against Manchester United at Old Trafford. That's all I have for now. I'll post a proper update at the end of the season.

Part-Timer

Before it all goes wrong, you have to see this! Five minutes into the Man UTD vs FC United match, and we're winning 1-0! Even if Man UTD score twenty goals and FC United score no more, I can at least say we went in front first. http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...cPitchView.png

Amateur

Matlock - GoalieManPat - Blue Square Premiere 13/14
    Roster : Table : Transfers

Well we had quite the successful first season in the BSP. Media predicted us to fight for relegation. I figured we would be able to get mid table and maybe squeak into a playoff spot if we were lucky. Well we surpassed all my expectations and dominated the league securing Promotion with a couple games left in the season. We had one exceptional week where 9 of 11 of the team of the week spots were Matlock Players. Our strongest player this year was Ian Morris. He scored 12 goals and had 14 assists playing left attacking mid. He also scooped up league Player of Year Award. Marthew Regan also had a great first full season with the club. He was a rock on the back line. Kevin Smith was once again the clubs and leagues top scorer with 28. Ran into some injury problems up front a couple months before the end of the season while trying to lock up the league. Picked up Craig Nixon on free. He scored 6 times in only 2 starts and 6 sub appearance. 3 of those goals were 85th+ minute game winners. It will be interesting to see how he does with a full season.

This offseason we need to find some depth for the right side of our midfield. As well as picking up a true playmaker in the midfield. The guys we had this season did an ok job but its an issue I would like to get addressed. Might be in the market for an upgrade in net as well. It will be interesting to see how we fair up a division. To League 2 we go!

Code:
    2011/12		Blue Square North	5th		Lost in the play-off
    2013/14		Blue Square Premier	1st		Promotion

Part-Timer

I've won League Two with nine games to go. Hooray
    http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...gueTable-2.png
    Last edited by fcunitedfan; 17-05-2011 at 16:23.

Part-Timer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! My game just crashed half way through saving on my FC United save! All that work is gone! DAMN IT!

Edit: Phew! The game made a backup save from a few days earlier than when it crashed. That was lucky.

Amateur

jmknpk Nantwich - Blue Square North 2012/2013

Media Prediction: 22nd
    Actual Finish: 8th

Overview:
    Nantwich started out very well, reaching 2nd place at the season half. Banking on continued success and gambling on a chance to be promoted, Midfielder George Colson and Defender John Dunleavy were brought aboard. The additional salaries caused an over budget situation which the board did not approve of, even though a profit was shown for the season. Nantwich were eliminated in the semi-final of the FA Trophy with an aggregate score of 4-3. Nantwich started to decline as the best players were continually reserved for the FA Trophy competition. The lesser players were able to win some important matches but rapidly declined. After the FA Trophy elimination, Nantwich had dropped in the standings and lost ground rather than re-gained ground as the best players returned to focus on the Blue Square North matches. Nantwich Town finished 8th in the Blue Square North League Table. The team was extremely young, with only four players 25 years of age or older in the entire organization.

League Table
    Nantwich finished 8th in the league table with a +3 goal differential.

Transfers
    The majority of the 2011/2012 squad remained intact except for GK Atkinson Matthew (transfered for 500 to Bangor City). Many key players were brought in at the beginning of the season on free transfers with hopes of better standings. After a profit was guaranteed by April and a board request to increase scouting limits, four new scouts were brought in to get reports for next season. The board promised to increase the number of coaches allowed (currently 4 in addition to the Assistant Manager), but did not follow through.

Primary Team Acquisitions:
    - George Colson (Midfielder) 5/1/2013
    - John Dunleavy (Defender) 5/1/2013
    - Arnaud Mendy (Midfielder/Defender) 6/4/2012
    - Mamoutou Cissé (Defender) 6/24/2012
    - Adi Yussuf (Defender and Tanzanian international) 8/4/2012
    - Ian McLoughlin (Goalkeeper) 8/26/2012
    - Carl Jenkinson (Defender) 8/28/2012
    - Ebby Nelson-Addy (Midfielder) 8/31/2012

Background Players:
    - Olly Bashford (Defender) 8/31/2012
    - Paddy Mullen (Midfielder) 8/30/2012
    - Ross Solly (Hot Goalkeeping Prospect) 8/4/2012
    - Callum McFadzean (Defender) 8/30/2012
    - Ben George (Defender) 6/15/2012
    - Paul Walker (Goalkeeper) 6/17/2012
    - Jake Knight (Goalkeeper) 6/28/2012

Cups
    Nantwich lost in the 3rd round qualification round of the FA Cup.
    Nantwich reached the semi-final of the FA Trophy.

Finances
    The club made a 449,808 profit resulting in a 218,272 balance. The profit was largely due to an 815,857 turnover comprised largely of friendlies with foreign teams. The team was over budget by season end an unable to retain some decent players due to board rejection of appropriate salaries.

Code:

Season Competition Result Achievements
    --------- ----------------- ------ -------------------
    2012-2013 Blue Square North 8th FA Trophy semi-finals

Highlight: The manager was quite pleased that the team performed as well as it did in the first half and then again in the FA Trophy competition.
    Low light: The team was not able to sustain it's rank in the Blue Square North standings during the FA Trophy competition and lost ground afterwards.

Next Season
    Hopes to win the Blue Square North Competition. Some players were lost, but hopes are to bring better players in with anticipated funds increase.
    Last edited by jmknpk; 17-05-2011 at 23:47.

Amateur

So I played my first League 2 home game and its so nice to actually see fans in the stands. Struggle to get 300-500 the first 3 years and the first home game draws 3500. Whats even better is the mail that followed saying we set a club gate record of 60k. Just 1 home game would clear my debts from the first two seasons. Gotta love lower leagues. Hopefully they keep turning out.

Ashton United – Blue Square Bet Premier 2013/14 – Season 3

So after losing in the Playoff Final last season the hopes this season were to either get promoted or at least reach the playoff final due to the money on offer for reaching the final.

Expectations wise the board wanted a safe mid-table position, though at 40-1 the bookies didn't give us much chance, whilst the media expected a mid-table position.

Transfers - After our good performances last season I was able to attract some quality players this season, bringing in a mix of experienced players, quality youngsters and promising youngster with potential who wanted hardly any money. I also got rid of most of my squad players from last season as with the wage increases they were on far to much money.

FA Cup - for the second time in three years we were to embark on an FA Cup run, this time our run was to start with Morecambe (who'd been relagated to League 2) instead of end with them, this time the replay went our way as we claimed an impressive 4-2 win away after drawing 1-1 at home. In the Second Round we were drawn at home to League One Rochdale and a late goal from Bagshaw was enough to send us into the Third Round, where we'd face Bristol City who'd been relegated from the Premiership, we made a good start however Bristol's superiority eventually won out though we battled will against a strong Championship side and managed to pocket £150K that boosts our bank balance and allows the board to improve our training and youth facilities.

FA Trophy - We also embarked on a run in the FA Trophy, dispatching Mansfield, Chasetown, Southport and Eastbournce before facing Gateshead in the Semi-Finals and the tie was over before it had even started as we found ourselves 5-0 up at half-time, though we did let them back into the tie by conceeding two goals in the second half, in the second leg an early goal finished them off though it did end 2-2.

In the Final we faced Tamworth and despite falling behind we were in full control and our pressure paid off in the second half as we won 3-1 and we even had the luxury of missing a penalty.

Blue Square Premier - The league was pretty much a two horse race between us and York this season, York took the early lead as we were slow to start but a third of the way into the season York suffered a loss of form that allowed us to leapfrog them however we were never able to pull away from them and entering the final third of the season there was only 1 or 2 points between us, however going into the final day we'd managed to increase the gap to 3 points which was extended to 5 on the last day when we won and York draw. Our 100 point haul was a new record beating the record 94pts obtained by Luton a couple of seasons ago I do feel sorry for York 95pts any other season would have easily won them the league of course they then went and someone lost the Playoff Final - with Darlington having a man sent off after just one minute(!) they also managed to throw away a 2-0 lead. Our goal tally of 107 was also a new record beating the record we'd set last season (we had 60 goals at the halfway stage).

Squad - I made a couple of tactical changes this season, switching to a more rigid system and increased off closing down, I also changed my Target man from an attack to a support duty.

In Goal Norman Bevan had a fantastic season and has continued to develop nicely the main worry I have is other teams attempting to poach him.

In defence Jacob Hronec had a good season at right back until an injury in Feb ended his season, covering him was Lee Greenwood who'd been picked up after being released by Sheffield Utd and is highly rated by my staff. On the left was Daryn Hennessey who was solid enough.

In the Centre of Defence Sean McGinty had a fantastic season scoring an impressive 20 goals thanks to the fact that he is a beast in the air, the only problem being is he refused to sign a new contract instead deciding to go back to Ireland. Partnering him was the German Shkodran Mustafi who'd been released by Everton who was also in fine form. Providing cover was the youngster Neil Alnwick who'd been released by Man Utd and he will hopefully step in for McGinty next season.

In midfield I brought in John Spicer who'd been released from Notts County to add some squad depth and he would fight for the Right Wing position with Jamie Maclaren. On the left was youngster Nigel Daly who'd been snatched up after being released from Aston Villa and he made a fine start until he picked up an injury that kept him out for the second half of the season, thankfully I had Sean Wray to step in and replace Daly.

In the Centre of Midfield Owain Tudur-Jones came in to make us more solid defensively and he formed a good partnership with my playmaker David Mooney.

Upfront I brought in Robbie Simpson as my new Targetman after he'd been released by Huddersfield, I also brought in James Keatings who was an excellent signing in last years challenge however struggled with injuries which limited his appearances and development, thanfully Max Wright was on form again though he was outscored by McGinty and I doubt Wright is good enough for League Two.

Best XI
    - About right though I'd replace McKee with Tudur-Jones and Keatings with Simpson.

Overall XI - See's Mutafi, Spicer and Simpson all selected after just one season.

Average Attendance - Drops to 16% due to the fact that we weren't in the playoffs this season.

Manager Profile - My reputation jumps from unproven to Regional.

Finances are looking nice and healthy, however my board are becoming a pain as they now declare we have no money to upgrade our facilites in addition to that they still refuse to get a parent club

So the plan for next season is to try and replace McGinty and locate some players who will be good enough to keep us in League Two.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Average Attendance %    Achievements            
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12        Blue Square North         1st                    8                  Promoted - Champions
    2012/13        Blue Square Premier       2nd                   20                  Playoff Final Losers
    2012/13        Blue Square Premier       1st                   16                  Promoted - Champions + FA Trophy Winners

Amateur

Cambridge City - League Two - Season 2015/16

The season started very difficult for us. We went 6 matches without a win, then suddenly we started winning, and winning, and winning. We were up flirting with the championship for a good part of the season, then in march we suddenly had a slump in form and we couldn't get a win if our lives depended on it. 10 matches went by without a win, then in the penultimate match we finally got a win before we lost the last one. A horrible end to a season who promised so much by new years. Finally the board have decided that we can make more money if more people may attend our matches and they have agreed to an expansion. From a capacity of 2000 (440 seats) to a whooping 2817 (1257 seats) stadium featuring a very poor pitch and horrible facilities.....great. Well, we might get some increased revenue to fix that in a couple of years.

Our FA Cup adventure didn't last long this time around either. A 1st round game away at Reading proved too hard. The first shot at the Carling Cup failed miserably as we went out on our first hirdle, when Watford got the better of us. The Johnstone's Paint Trophy were also waiting for us, but as in the other cups we failed at the first try. MK Dons beat us with ease.

Code:
    2015/16		League Two		11th		N/A

Youth Team

Amateur

Does anyone know if there are any save game files knocking about on here?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by RecliamTheKop View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any save game files knocking about on here?
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...57#post6077357

But they're not for the latest patch. I don't see how that really matters myself, apart from having the latest transfers. Some of these are for the 11.2 update, post 54

Amateur

Matlock - GoalieManPat - League 2 14/15
    Roster : Table : Position Graph : Transfers

It was a successful yet frustrating first season in League 2. The media predicted us to finish near the bottom and fight relegation but as usual we fed the media some crow. We finished 4th in the table 9 point adrift from 3rd and automatic promotion. It was a frustrating final third of the season as we dropped points consistently against the lower teams in the division which had we done better could have made a run at the 3rd spot. We waxed Wycombe in the playoff semifinals and met up with Stevenage in the playoff final. We dominated the final but just couldn't finish. A bad 10 minute stretch at the start of the 2nd half led to two goals against. We managed to pull one back but ended up losing 2-1. Disappointed as we deserved the win in that match but just didn't get the luck in the end. Its not all to bad though as another season in League 2 will be good developing the squad after back to back promotions.

The squad that started the season was basically the same as the last two seasons except this year we picked up some quality loans. Kevin Smith let the teams in goals again with 20 but was very inconsistent at this level. He would score 4 in 3 games then get nothing the next 10-12. Not good for our feature striker. Matthew Regan was the star of the squad this year. Holding down the back line as well as coming up with 9 goals. His play got him Team Player of Year Award. We possibly picked up our keeper for the next couple seasons as well.

It will be an off-season of change as some familiar faces wont be back. Most notably Smith who has scored 84 goals for the club the last 3 years wont be back. His contact is up and he is demanding too much money as well as having slipped down the depth chart behind some of our late season signings. Hopefully nobody signs him and his demands come down and Ill think about offering him a contract as an emergency player and as a thank you for his service. Ian Morris also wont be back. He is in the same boat as Smith. He won BSP Player of the Year last season but this year he was very inconsistent and had a hard time getting into the lineup after some new signings. A couple others wont have new contracts offered.

Going with a new tactic this season so looking to sign some quality attacking mids both central and wide. Completely replacing our defensive midfield corp. Any other signing will be for depth/future. Hopefully the team has improved enough and the new signings gel well to gain us promotion this year.

Code:
    2014/15		League 2            	4th		Lost in playoff final
    Last edited by GoalieManPat121; 22-05-2011 at 03:26.

Amateur

jmknpk, Nantwich Town (real life start 5/22/2011) - Blue Square North

I'm starting over again as the head coach of Nantwich Town.

Reasons for starting over:
    1. I had started scheduling massive amounts of friendlies and having three full squads to play all those friendlies. I realized (once again) that this was just not realistic for a Blue Square North team. So I wanted more challenging and realistic.
    2. I have learned some more things about training/preparation such as the "Match Preparation" screen and it's impact.
    3. I have developed a new scheme for managing the individual training schedules of each player.
    4. I would like to take a more gradual approach to bringing new talent into the club.
    5. I would like to sign some U18 players rather than just take what the club recruits automatically.

Here goes for the fourth time I think....
    Last edited by jmknpk; 22-05-2011 at 11:27.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by davidbowie View Post
    Nantwich Bro \o/
    Greetings friend!

My goodness! 2040? I think FM 2020 will be out before I reach that date

Amateur

I play every game out in real time. I guess that's 40 or 50 hours per season including friendlies and tournaments. Not to mention the tweaking of training schedules and time searching for new players. I think in 900 hours I'd probably only get 10 or so seasons putting me at about 2021. We'll see though...maybe I'll get faster as I get better.

I don't go through steam so I can't look that up. But I thought there was somewhere in the game itself to look up time spent.

Amateur

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by jmknpk View Post
    I play every game out in real time. I guess that's 40 or 50 hours per season including friendlies and tournaments. Not to mention the tweaking of training schedules and time searching for new players. I think in 900 hours I'd probably only get 10 or so seasons putting me at about 2021. We'll see though...maybe I'll get faster as I get better.

I don't go through steam so I can't look that up. But I thought there was somewhere in the game itself to look up time spent.
    Click on the 'FM' tab next to the 'continue' button and then go on 'game status' and it tells you your playing time on that save

Quote Originally Posted by XaW View Post
    Good stuff I bet Stockport were fuming! Two penalties makes it worse!

Amateur

Good stuff I bet Stockport were fuming! Two penalties makes it worse!
    Yeah, and the last one was "dubious". But, of course, it looked like a clear foul to me! :-D

Amateur

Cambridge City - League Two - Season 2016/17

A great season for us. We got a good start, and while we had a small slump around January we got running again quick. Ben Walker has been the best player this season, even though he has been injured quite a bit he got 29 goals. We sold two great players in the winter window. Amin Affane and Ross Knock went out for some big cash. We have taken up a load to expand the stadium further. Next season we got 683 seats more. This season we had 18 sellouts, so an expansion is greatly needed. I would prefer an even bigger one, but I'll take whatever I can get. Hopefully we'll get some more cash in to better our facilities. They are horrible, as are the pitch, but the board say 'no' each time I ask.

We actually had some good cup runs this season. The Carling Cup, however, were short lived. Wolves knocked us out on pens in the 1st round. In the FA Cup we knocked out Lincoln, Blyt and Swansea, but premiership outfit Blackburn got the better of us in the 4th round. The Johnstone's Paint Trophy went even better. We knocked out MK Dons, Carlisle and Preston to progress to the regional finals, but Accrington won the final on away goals in the end.

Code:
    2016/17		League Two		1st		Champions, promotion

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jmknpk View Post
    I play every game out in real time.
    I don't even watch real football in real time. I either watch highlights or watch the full games at 150% speed.

Real life just seems too slow after playing FM for so long. I used to attend games, but I found it hard to concentrate because I'd be thinking about my FM save.

Youth Team

Congrats on the new stadium davidbowie ;)

Amateur

Matlock - GoalieManPat - League 2 15/16
    Roster : Table : Position Graph : Transfers

After fearing that my save had gotten corrupted I never thought I would get another update in on this game. A shame as its the best Ive done on a dafuge game. But I got it worked out and the game is running smoothly again.

Our first season in League 2 got off to a rocky start. We had some injury issues at the start and had not the squad depth to overcome. Once every got healthy and our new signings started to fit in we climbed up to the top of the table. We set the League 2 record of 110 goals in a season but were very leaky in conceding. We finished 2nd in the league and won Promotion!

Andros Townsend was our team Player of Season setting up 19 goals while scoring 4 of his own. He was solid all season. Our best pickup was getting Danny Gordon on loan. We picked him up in January and he went on to score 26 goals in only half a season and finishing as the leagues 2nd top scorer. Already planing on trying to get him on loan again for the upcoming season. Luke Bulman was with us on loan last season and was surprised to see him out of contact before the year. He must have liked his loan spell as he signed with us and scored 3 or 4 goal of the months. Matthew Regan was a rock at the back for yet another season. He found his scoring touch this year knocking in 14 which doubled his career totals. Clubs are already inquiring about him and he will be looking for a good raise after next season.

This is an important off season. After setting next seasons expectations we have just under 900k free for new wages. After a couple new contract offers I'm expecting at-least 700k. Looking to add a top striker which the club has been lacking the last season and a half. Don't want to have to rely on a loaner. Some attacking wing depth and a new CB are also in order. Look forward to competing in League 1!

Code:
    2014/15		League 2            	4th		Lost in playoff final
    2015/16		League 2            	2nd		Promotion
    Last edited by GoalieManPat121; 27-05-2011 at 18:21. Reason: Update

Amateur

Cambridge City - League One - Season 2017/18

We thought this season would be all about surviving, but the players wanted otherwise. We started out great, but a slump of form in October pushed us down the table a bit. However, it only lasted for that month before we started winning again. Ben Walker has been instrumental for the promotion this season with 41 league goals. We also had a great junior player come through our ranks, Nigel Mitchell. He got a hard start to his career by getting a red card in his first match. Still, I gave him some more chances and he has impressed. The board has finally found out we need a bigger stadium as we sold out all of our matches this season. They are now increasing it with 2500 seats. I would prefer even more, but any growth is good. This is the major reason our finances is in the red this season.

Once again we proved we are no good in the cups, as we went out early on in all of them.

Code:
    2017/18		League One		2nd		Promotion

Amateur

Cambridge City - Championship - Season 2018/19

Our first season in the 2nd tier of english football were a great one. We stayed mid-table all season and were never in danger of relegation, but neither had a shot at promotion. Still, I'm very satisfied, since we only have a 6k stadium and they board has been reluctant to expand it. But last time I asked they agreed, so I'm waiting for news about it. Our captain Ben Walker has once again been our most important player. Last summer we bough in a 17 year old czech defender who looked promising. In January Tottenham found out they wanted him, and gave us a bid, I negotiated it and they came back with £1M.....cash. Needless to say the board took control and sold him. Fair enough, I would have done the same aswell. The finances are looking good and with a new stadium ready in a few years, the feature is bright

Once again we proved we are no good in the cups, as we went out early on in all of them.

Code:
    2018/19		Championship		11th		Mid table

Youth Team

A season in a day XaW? Good stuff

Amateur

A season in a day XaW? Good stuff
    Yeah, had some free time yesterday! :-D

Third Team

Well after many months I'm back to playing my save. Currently 21 games through our first season in the premiership and sitting very comfortably in 14th position. 12 Points above the relegation zone.

One major problem is my goalkeeper won't sign a new contract, because his agent has demands which I simply can't afford. So either he's going to have to sack his agent, or I'm going to have to replace my best player at the end of the season.

Amateur

Cambridge City - Championship - Season 2019/20

The season started good, but we soon found ourselves mid-table and stayed there for the rest of the season. Only towards the end, we made a bid for a playoff place. We ended at a very respectable 7th place, only two points behind the spots for a possible promotion. Our main challenge this seaon was concistency. We had way too many ups and downs, and very few runs of good results. Ben Walker and Lateef Elford-Alliyu were our main goalscorers this season, but in the end it were the defence who limited us. In the winter window I signed our former defender Ross Knock and after he came into the team it all changed. We started getting clean sheets again, and conceded fewer. Hopefully, we can launch a challenge for promotion next season, provided we get some good signings this summer.

The board has finally agreed to building a new stadium as we sold out every game this season as well. That's where our loan of £14.5M come from. The new stadium will boost our capacity to a whooping 15k from our current 5k. It will also sport undersoil heating! It should be finished after next season, and I can't wait!

We got a bit further in the Carling Cup this season, but only as far as the 3rd round where Man Utd won. We almost caused an upset, but in the end they got the second goal to win 2-1. In the FA Cup we went out in our first match, but it was a though one. Man City has won the double two years in a row and proved to much of a challenge for our defence as we lost 1-6.

Code:
    2019/20		Championship		7th		Close to play-offs

Third Team

My board upgraded ours to 27000 (up 9000 seats) half way through our first season in the new stadium.

Oh look, I finally completed my profile screen 100% http://i.imgur.com/GNZII.jpg
    Last edited by Anti Spiral; 02-06-2011 at 03:12.

Youth Team

End of season summary - Tiverton Town 2011/2012

Table

My first season at the club saw us finish smack in the middle of the table. I was happy with how we performed on the whole, as I had to build the club up from near enough scratch. When I joined the club last summer, we had one coach, and a bunch of distinctly average footballers employed. I started by sorting out the backroom staff, hiring another coach, two scouts and an assistant manager. It wasn't until the backroom staff were sorted out before I could even begin looking at new signings.

Key Players

Jorrin John - Picked him up on a free after being released by Leicester City. He is a natural right winger by trade; however, after playing him there for a few pre-season friendlies, I wasn't impressed with his performances. I decided to retrain him as a striker due to his pace, finishing, dribbling and composure attributes standing out. 16 goals and 15 assists was the return I got from him, and the future looks bright for this young man.

Durrell Berry - I picked him up on a free too after he was released by Aston Villa. His blistering speed makes up for his poor technical and mental attributes, as he fired home 22 goals and 7 assists for the season. Durrell also picked up the fans' player of the season accolade. Well played lad

Craig Sinclair - Another lad I picked up on a free after being released by Stoke City. Whilst Durrell and Jorrin were firing in the goals at one end, we needed to keep things tight back at our own end, and Craig was the stand out performer from out shaky defence. He also managed to chip in with 4 goals and 2 assists to go alongside his 6 Man of the Match accolades, and at the age of just 19, I expect him to keep improving next year.

Targets for next season

After building solid foundations here at Tiverton, i'm looking to bring in some more faces to strengthen our squad. My main concern with the team is the goalkeeper. Last season, I had to put up with teedle dee and tweedle dum between the sticks, as they conceded 61 leagues goals between them. They say a good keeper can earn his team 10 points over the duration of a season. This could have taken us to within 3 points off of the play-offs. I'm also looking to bring in a left back, left midfielder and some more squad players. We suffered with injuries towards the tail end of the season, and as we didn't have suffient depth, this cost us.

Amateur

What am I doing wrong? I placed the download file in exactly the same place as told yet the only extra file it sees is team holland.? help

Amateur

I'll give it a go. I was going to wait for Buxton but I re-loaded loads of times and they didn't come up so i went for FC United

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ptl93 View Post
    What am I doing wrong? I placed the download file in exactly the same place as told yet the only extra file it sees is team holland.? help
    You need to make sure you find the location for the current patch data, because the original post is based on the original patch. It should be in roughly the same location, but within a folder named for the 11.3 patch

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post
    You need to make sure you find the location for the current patch data, because the original post is based on the original patch. It should be in roughly the same location, but within a folder named for the 11.3 patch
    I added it to the exact same place as told, but with 1130 as opposed to 1110, yet it still didnt recognize the file in the extra files location. Is the download out of date? I am only downloading one of the links, not all 3, right?

Part-Timer

The file should still work fine, and you only need one of them. Honestly got no idea, as it looks like you've done it right

Amateur

Well it didn't work, so I just used the editor to swap durham with redditch (the team that got relegated irl) This okay?

First Team Squad Member

is there not a website setup this year?

I'd like to see a list of what teams people are playing as/played as. That way I can be the least popular choice. Ideally a club nobody has managed.

Cheers

Amateur

Nearing the end of my first season with FC United now. Will post a full update with screenies when done. After a truly horrific start of 7 losses in the first 8 games I did a bit of tactical tinkering and I now sit 4th, 8 points behind top of the table Telford, so I am hopeful that I will get promoted if not automatically through the play-offs

Amateur

bit of a late comer to this challenge but i been reading some of them here and thought i would give it a go. im hoping to get Weymouth or Colwyn Bay as i lived in one and most of my family live in the other. ill post up my profile very soon as im just holidaying to the 24th june now.

Amateur

http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=Untitled.jpg

Heres my profile got weymouth after 15 attempts

Amateur

Cambridge City - Championship - Season 2020/21

A great season throughout. We started with a bang and continued very close to the top for a long time. I felt we could manage a title challenge if we avoided some serious injuries, but they came naturally. Ben Walker has once again been the great player, but he god injured in January and were out the rest of the season. With no one able to do as he does, we slipped a bit and barely managed to get a playoff place. We met West Ham in the semis and thumped them 5-1 in the first match to make the replay a formality. In the final Huddersfield were our final obstacle to promotion. When the extra time were up the score was 2-2 and it would be settled on pens. We managed to keep our cool and the victory were ours! So next season Cambridge City will be in the Premier League! Our stadium is close to finished now, and we could do well with more than 6k available in PL. Can't wait untill next season!

Code:
    2019/20		Championship		7th		Close to play-offs
    2020/21		Championship		6th		Promotion via play-off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast