+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,100 of 4347

Thread: dafuge's FM11 challenge

Third Team

Yes I am! I didn't want to use my own picture. I've been told I look like him (I had it as my facebook profile once and people actually thought it was me! )

Starting my game at my hometown Hastings United
    After taking the job, I instantly ask to pimp the club out to some massive club somewhere up north, Dave Walters slaps me on the wrist and tells me to get out of his office. So much for that, time to clear out the dead weight in the dressing room and get some decent players in.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Quavis View Post

Welsh Wizard: Congrats on promotion again as champions and the Carling Cup. Is this even a challenge for you? Congrats on the stadium expansion! Its good to see that they are taking competition stadium requirements into consideration now. No more 4000 seat stadiums in the EPL :P
    Hopefully the challenge begins now in Euro tbh. Got to get in Champions league first Very unlucky to miss out on making the Champions league last season (Which you will see) thanks to Arsenal winning it.

Nice to see the stadium requirements but goes back on it self when you use the same Stadium with even less seats. Just over 200 is just crazy in the Prem.

Amateur
    Pirate ship. Yaaar. (not that sort of pirate- the cool kind)

Looking forward to this great challenge, as a Man Utd fan myself there was only one option really...

Amateur

What did you do to make all those players unhappy?!

Third Team

edgar555[/B]: 6th is a great result for season 1! Romone Rose was a star for me a couple years ago. Great to see his name come up again in this challenge. Congrats also on manager of the year!
    Thanks. As you may have now seen season 2 went even better. Rose again played a key role, I'm glad someone else has had the pleasure of managing him

Quote Originally Posted by EdSB View Post
    What did you do to make all those players unhappy?!

Told em to jog on, in the nicest possible sense of course

Amateur

Page 29 comments:

Welsh Wizard: 21m in the red???? o.O At what point does administration kick in? I would have through you would be well past that point atm. Hopefully those extra 10k seats will help you balance the books.

Terk: You are nuts! Attacking football is great, but I can't get promoted without parking the bus :P I cant wait to see how this move worked out for you (assuming your probably at least a season further at this point)

wriches: I actually like the 3d tv view in this version. It feels more realistic that ever before for me. I've actually slowed my games down from Key highlights only to extended just to see more of the game (which is probably why I'm way behind :P .)

CityandColour: You know you spelled your name incorrectly right? It is definitely supposed to be Color :P Good solid start in your first season. Good luck for next season!

deadfncat: Congrats on doing so well in your first season in League 1. Play-offs are an evil thing to be avoided at all costs!

vikeologist: Congrats on the league/cup double. You put way too much stock in the manager of the year award :P

The_shocker7
    : so close I'm surprised Bagshaw is still so good for you in league 1. I just cant handle his 9 pace.

heat02: Solid Season. Your in/outs looks just like mine this year! John Coar looks like he could be an interesting player. The 18 pace is quite appealing too me, although with only 6 natural fitness it might all be wasted Always nice to see players turning down higher level clubs to sign for you though!

jaffa: Ouch 5th to 12th in 4 games Your team is like mine, they don't seem to think the final games of the season are important.... Still a good solid season in League 1 to build on.

Gypsum: Premier League? pffft *ignored!* j/k. Congrats! I'm sure your end of season update is in there somewhere, I just haven't gotten to it yet :P

darren1983: You were quite close! That second half turnaround was phenomenal anyways! If you can just start the season well next year you should be set!

Gypsum: pfft and you finished Top of the table to boot! Nice 11k average stadium! Hows it working out for you monetarily? I like the 1m out in transfers too.

deadfncat: Nice transfers out! That should help your finances at least.

_Shift and Fitzay: Welcome to the challenge!

CityandColour: Wow, what a season. 97 points! Congrats on promotion!

MikaelS: Good to see you pop in! I'm glad you are doing better with Chippenham than I am!

<end page 29! comments>

Amateur

Kingstonian - Blue Square Premier - 2012/2013

Transfers

Players coming in were mostly to improve the squad, I have yet to pay a transfer fee for any player. Most of the youth squad released

League Table

Position Graph

All in all, a good season. We were in and around the playoff zone all season but Champions Grimsby condemned us to 6th place on the final day of the League season and to rub salt into the wound, beat us in the FA Trophy final. Something to build on for next season

FA Cup & Replay

League One side Brighton proved too strong in the replay

FA Trophy

So near, yet so far. A great day out at Wembley though

Squad

MacLean - We managed to score a lot more this season and MacLean was a constant threat

Norwood - By far our best player but was out injured for four months and struggled for fitness

Finances - Quite healthy

Best XI - MacLean misses out
    Overall XI - Can't say I agree with that at all. Strange choices

Code:

Season Division Position Achievements

2011/12 Blue Square South 2nd Promoted via Playoffs 2012/13 Blue Square Premier 6th FA Trophy Finalists

Last edited by steve.rush; 02-12-2010 at 14:30. Reason: XI added

Part-Timer

[B]Page 28 comments:

deadfncat: Didn't I just see your last season post less than a page ago? I don't know how some of you fly through the seasons so fast :P Stop and watch some of your games for a change! Congrats on Promotion and winning the JPT trophy again! Also, 17 pre-season games o.O That is like half a season in and of itself. All in 90 minutes? Are you just siming the whole thing?

<end Page 28 comments>

Yeh too much time on my hands :P My manager takes over all of the friendlies too

CityandColour: You know you spelled your name incorrectly right? It is definitely supposed to be Color :P Good solid start in your first season. Good luck for next season!
    Wikipedia on spelling differences: Most words ending in an unstressed -our in British English

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

Quote Originally Posted by High Flying Dwarf View Post
    Wikipedia on spelling differences: Most words ending in an unstressed -our in British English
    And, it's how the artist he's named after (I assume) spells it

Amateur

Page 30 comments:

vikeologist: Congrats on promotion! I always also try to renew contracts right after the season ends but before jun 25th. They always demand more right after you get promoted The downside is that even players you just renewed 10 days ago will sometimes get greedy and want a new contract once your up. At least with the renewal signed, you aren't totally screwed when you can't/won't pay the increased fee!

As far as your advice, I agree with the "high" bonuses. No downsides there and they give some players "PR" throughout most of the season! It was interesting that you meantion the Team of the season bonus. I hadn't realized this didn't actually exist in the lower leagues. I tend to cut this in half anyways, but I'm a penny pincher in FM :P I think scouts are usually pretty decent with JA/JP as long as you have good scouts. Most of the players that we sign wont reach that potential, but that is mostly because we have crappy training facilities and coaches.

deadfncat: You're going to be in season 2075 by the time I make it out of the BSS lol. I feel for you on the lack of stadium expansion. The planning commissions are evil. You would think they would want to make loads of money selling you construction permits.

Mitsuko: Congrats on reaching the JPT final at least!

jaffa: If you haven't already got it sorted.... that skin looks more like the steam skin than the FM2011 dark skin. Make sure you unticked "Use Skin cache" and ticked "Reload skin on confirm" to force it to reload the skin. Then you can switch those two options back.

Welsh Wizard: 4th in the Prem on the first shot and the FA cup to boot! 72m in transfers in o.O. That has got to hit the finances pretty good over the next 4 years lol. 20m in players out is quite nice though, and it looks like you have an extremely cozy balance to sit on.

Gavrenwich: Welcome!

SRE: Keep the faith! You can do it!

Gypsum
    : Solid first season in the EPL! 20m in the red even with your shiny new stadium?

deadfncat: It is not the end of the world. You are still miles ahead of some of us. you are also probably already re-promoted as you fly through the seasons so darn fast :P I'm slightly amused that you are ground sharing with yourself while the new stadium is built???

Gypsum: That sounds like Man City's current strategy :P o.O THE Wayne Rooney? or a regen named Wayne Rooney??? need a SS of his current stats!

<end page 30 comments> o.O I'm almost caught up!

Third Team

FA Trophy, no JPT Still in BSS

But for how much longer??

I am getting nervous now.

Part-Timer

Mitsuko You can do it! Just buy the players nice things and they will win for you

I am 4 games into my season back in the L1. 4/4 all solid wins too. I had the worst goal scoring in the league while I was in the Championship, So I have picked up 2 new strikers and renewed the contract of 2 wingers. Dumped my Swedish hot prospect striker as he was going nowhere.
    R3 of the Carling Cup coming up against Tottenham :\

Third Team

We only got 1 point from our last 2 games. But we made it in to the play-offs. I'll do the play-offs in the morning!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by High Flying Dwarf View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was joking. Americans can do jokes too, y'know

Part-Timer

wrichesthe table doesnt do to well with sorting the years after 2020.Check it out

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by wriches View Post
    City and Color, AKA Dallas Green, is Canadian.
    Thats why he has the butchered version of the word :P

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by deadfncat View Post
    wrichesthe table doesnt do to well with sorting the years after 2020.Check it out
    Ah cheers, I'll take a look at that later, after I fail to win promotion.

Amateur

City and Color, AKA Dallas Green, is Canadian.
    Thats why he has the butchered version of the word :P
    Don't let Midgetram see that! He'll go spare!

And for the record, City and Colour are AWESOME! As are Alexisonfire, who I saw a few weeks back. Anyway...

Back on topic.

Part-Timer

Agreed, AOF were here a few months ago and released some cool australian tracks
    In my game I won my first 4 games easily. Then next two games I let 11 goals in :| I scored 9, but not enough for wins :\ Dunno whats going on with my fkn defence

Amateur

Just had the most amazing 2-1 victory!!!

We were playing at home to Crewe, both of us battling for promotion in League 2 with 12 games remaining.
    For some reason, we've been poor at home but amazing away from home this season. We go 1-0 down in the 13th minute, and we just can't get going for the rest of the match. Nothing is coming off, we're just taking pot shots all game.
    Then, in the 77th minute, out of sheer desperation, I switch to 3-2-5 and bring on an 18-year-old striker who looks promising, but has never been given a real chance, with no starts all season..
    The young striker then pops up with 2 late goals, in minutes 85 and 90+2.

Yes please! I'll take that over an 8-0 all day. Promotion is back on!

EDIT: Now that the FM high is going, I realise this probably doesn't look at all exciting to the rest of you.
    Last edited by wriches; 02-12-2010 at 03:09.

Part-Timer

wriches does to me. Only 1 league below me atm
    I think my stint in the Championship has done wonders to my rep though. Im favourites for every game and have had sellouts for every league home game this season

Amateur

Page 30 comments:

vikeologist: I think scouts are usually pretty decent with JA/JP as long as you have good scouts. Most of the players that we sign wont reach that potential, but that is mostly because we have crappy training facilities and coaches.
    The same scouts (with decent JA/JP) will dramatically revise their opinions of a players ability after just a few months. Maybe it is tied to your own club's reputation, strength in that position or whatever, but when a scout says that a player could become a Championship player, I think there are times when they are massively overestimating the player's potential. Rescout some players from your shortlist, with the same scouts, and you'll see what I mean. Or maybe my scouts are just indecisive old buggers.

Amateur

[QUOTE=deadfncat;6213186

I am 4 games into my season back in the L1. 4/4 all solid wins too. I had the worst goal scoring in the league while I was in the Championship, So I have picked up 2 new strikers and renewed the contract of 2 wingers. Dumped my Swedish hot prospect striker as he was going nowhere.
    R3 of the Carling Cup coming up against Tottenham :\[/QUOTE]

So glad you didn't get sacked. I thought if getting relegated didn't do for you, being on holiday while it happened may have been viewed unfavourably, but I imagine it's a good job you've started strong.

Part-Timer

Well, I'm getting in on the action this year!. I just holidayed, but for some reason it didn't stop on June 25th and just kept going. Time to try again...

Amateur

Wow, I really hate my team.

We just conceded a penalty. Our keeper tipped the penalty onto the crossbar, and when the ball fell back down inside the box a different player following up the rebound conceded another penalty. Ridiculous.

Oh, and with those two quickest penalties ever, they've thrown away our promotion hopes. Kewl!

EDIT: I was consigned to defeat too early.... our keeper saved the second penalty! Ridiculous indeed.
    Last edited by wriches; 02-12-2010 at 04:51.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ArranoBeltza View Post
    Well, I'm getting in on the action this year!. I just holidayed, but for some reason it didn't stop on June 25th and just kept going. Time to try again...
    You don't need to go on holiday for the whole year again. The game will have autosaved some time in June, and you can then make siure it stops on June 25th by clicking 'browse'.. The game will next stop at about July 1st. I don't think it's against the challenge to start from July 1st when it stops, but you can make it stop the 26th.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by vikeologist View Post
    You don't need to go on holiday for the whole year again. The game will have autosaved some time in June, and you can then make siure it stops on June 25th by clicking 'browse'.. The game will next stop at about July 1st. I don't think it's against the challenge to start from July 1st when it stops, but you can make it stop the 26th.
    It didn't save for some damn reason, so I just holidayed again.

I would have gone with it, but I didn't notice it hadn't stopped till something like July 14- holiday is almost over now!!!

By the way, I have a shortlist of clubs I wanted by going through all of the possible clubs on Wikipedia- I kept tabs open of the ones that I think had the best logos/kits, so hopefully I get one of my choices!!

Part-Timer

Haha ArranoBeltza I did the same when choosing a club I love reading about them and learning about the team's history etc.

Part-Timer

So glad you didn't get sacked. I thought if getting relegated didn't do for you, being on holiday while it happened may have been viewed unfavourably, but I imagine it's a good job you've started strong.
    It actually wasnt too bad. My job was Insecure going into the holiday, but I asked for more time and said the after all i have done for the club etc. after that it went back up and some good pre season friendlies went my way. Check this one out, they played a full strength squad too :\

I have been pretty bad in cups so far this season but fielded mainly U-18 players for the JPT and FA Cup. In the League im running first after 15 games at 10-3-2

So hopefully if all goes well, Promotion to the Championship in time for my new stadium
    Last edited by deadfncat; 02-12-2010 at 05:34.

Part-Timer

Wow.....
    Ass Manager talked my team up before the game saying we were going to win the league.
    Then we lose
    5-0
    to bottom of the table Plymouth

Amateur

Wow.....
    Ass Manager talked my team up before the game saying we were going to win the league.
    Then we lose
    5-0
    to bottom of the table Plymouth
    I suspect that certain people in your club are rather fond of spread betting. How do you think the new stadium is being paid for?

Part-Timer

Well, I went with Weymouth, because I like their logo and think the kits are pretty unique. It was a tough choice between Weymouth and FC United, but what the hell, I've got nothing to lose.

I have an early day tomorrow so I'm saving and going to bed.

Part-Timer

pshht FC United, overdone :P Is that another american I see too? jeez :P
    good luck at Weymouth

vikeologist I hired a PI to investigate all my players!

Part-Timer

awesome. -5 degrees, heavy snow, strong winds on 2-1-2023
    Not the best time to go to a football match right? especailly when its against bottom of the table Aldershot
    capacity crowd. Gotta love the CA faithful

Part-Timer

pshht FC United, overdone :P Is that another american I see too? jeez :P
    good luck at Weymouth
    Yeah, FC Utd being overdone was another reason I chose to go with Weymouth, but overall it was the more unique badge and colors.

And yes, I am "another" American, but it's not like I chose to be born in this godforsaken country

Amateur

just got promoted to league 1 and chelsea are now my new parent club as my current parent club (Brentford) are also in league 2 - sweet!

Part-Timer

The_Shocker7 Thats a sweet deal if you get some good loan players

On a side note, I'm going to start a side game using the lvl 8 edit. Just to play when I have some free time as I seem to be slaying everyone in terms of seasons played so far.
    Being unemployed means I get to play the game a shitload :\
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...s-a-Dunstable?

If anyone wants to follow it now and again :P

Amateur

[
    On a side note, I'm going to start a side game using the lvl 8 edit. If anyone wants to follow it now and again :P
    I think you have a problem. For most of us the prospect of 5 promotions are enough. You seemingly have felt the need to go 1 better, and quickly dip back into L1 to get a 6th. I can understand that.

But the level 8 edit!. Dude, next thing you know you'll be finding a way to manage the Dog and Duck on Staines High Street, (currently in the 24th tier of English football).

It's time for an intervention. You're addicted to the sweet, but dangerously addictive high of promotion.

Just say no, Mr Cat.
    Last edited by vikeologist; 02-12-2010 at 10:46.

Third Team

Lost the first play-off leg 1-2 at home.

This is going to be tough!

I've also got the FA Trophy Final in between, I can't tell if that will help or hinder my team.
    Last edited by Anti Spiral; 02-12-2010 at 10:43.

Part-Timer

I think you have a problem. For most of us the prospect of 5 promotions are enough. You seemingly have felt the need to go 1 better, and quickly dip back into L1 to get a 6th. I can understand that.

But the level 8 edit!. Dude, next thing you know you'll be fiunding a way to manage the Dog and Duck on Staines High Street, (currently in the 24th tier of English football).

It's time for an intervention. You're addicted to the sweet, but dangerously addictive high of promotion.

Just say no, Mr Cat.
    WHERE CAN I GET THE EDIT!?!!?! I WANT TO PLAY AS DOG AND DUCK! I NEED A FIX MANNNN

Nah its just fun. Trying to get a mate into the game too with this one

Either versions are right imo, i'm not making a big deal out of it mate

Third Team

Tonbridge Angels- Blue Square South- Season 2014/15

My team has finally realised out to play football! Great season this was.

I decided that I needed some new blood, so I offloaded a lot of players as their contracts were running out, then spent a long time scouting youth players released from the higher division teams. These were my transfers.

League: The season started well and we found ourselves in and around the play-offs quite early on with some very good performances to match. A mid season blip happened when both my keepers got injured, but we still managed to get some results during this time. We never looked like dropping form and we were always contenders for the play-offs, with a good match of defence and attack, as my strikers were finally finding the net this year. Automatic promotion was never really on the cards...although with 3 games to go we were just 3 points away from 1st, but this didn't happen and we got into the play-offs comfortably.

A vastly improved season and despite a few injury scares I was enjoying the season and able to get through it quicker (wins are easier to take :P), it was like it was a completely different team than previous seasons and promotion actually seemed likely. But it wasn't to be as we lost both play-off legs to a far superior farnborough team, who somehow managed to blow a 10 point lead at the top to finish inside the play-offs instead of winning it.

FA Cup: Due to my cup success last year I decided to rest players in this tournament, to give some other players a go and focus more on the league. But the game didn't want this to happen and kept giving us easy ties until the 1st Round. I decided to play my strongest team in this round as we were playing Bury away, though I still didn't expect much...We drew away and then won the replay! Then faced a Blue Square Premier team in the 2nd Round so I could actually dream of a 3rd round game. So again I put my strongest team out and again we won with a strong performance. Then I await the FA Cup draw...we get...Man City! (at home). First ever sell out and not a complete humiliation either! It was going much better before my player got sent off.

FA Trophy Like the FA Cup I decided to play inexperienced players, but like the FA Cup the draw was nice, I didn't play a team above me until the semi-final, which we won 4-1! In the final we'd play our rivals Dover and it was probably our best performance of the season.

So we didn't get promoted, but I'm ecstatic with our season and I honestly think we can win this convincingly next season!

Final League Standings

F.A Cup - Lost in Third Round
    F.A Trophy - Winner

I wasn't in the top 3 for Manager of the Season, which was a bit of a kick in teeth.

Career Record

Code:
    Season    League                League position    Other acheivments
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Blue Square South        19th            None
    2012/13    Blue Square South        19th            None
    2013/14    Blue Square South        16th            FA Trophy Finalists
    2014/15    Blue Square South        5th              FA Trophy winners
    Goals/Expectations for next Season

I expect us to push for promotion and dream of a dominant season. There are a few areas which need strengthening, but overall we're looking good and I'm optimistic! Bring it on.

Amateur

It's 4 am and it must be dafuge time.

Only 4 more hours til 2018/2022 WC hosts are announced yeeeeeeah. Gotta not sleep to miss that. Time to kill so must be reading time. Man I am soooo tired. If you saw me now im totally singing what I type yeah.

mhm. yeah. Thank goodness for espn3.

Part-Timer

Mitsuko Nice work, its a good feeling when you know your team is improving by what you are doing Both keeper injuries though? Im in season 22/23 and havent had a keeper injury yet :\

pickemgenius oh god dont remind me dude. Did you see the Australian bid video with the kangaroo? We've lost for sure now

In other news, Im coming into March in 22/23 in 3rd spot. Really pushing hard for promotion for my new stadium I sold my best striker in January for a crazy fee and I chucked on a 35% sell on fee. muahhaha
    Bit tougher to score goals now, but I picked up a great Qatari (SP?) player, Saad Nasser, who is also the Captain of the Qatar team
    Last edited by deadfncat; 02-12-2010 at 11:46.

Part-Timer

I really need to stop making 3 subs at around 65 minutes every game. Keep getting injuries and going down to 10 men. Just played a game where we were fine made 3 subs at 66. two injuries and a red card in quick sucession. 8 men :\

Probably the game of the season for me though. Away to Bristol City, Down 0-1 at the half and the team was playing terribly. I gave them a lovely speech at half time and we won 3-1

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Gypsum
    : Solid first season in the EPL! 20m in the red even with your shiny new stadium?
    Gypsum: That sounds like Man City's current strategy :P o.O THE Wayne Rooney? or a regen named Wayne Rooney??? need a SS of his current stats!
    It was mostly because I spent around that amount in transfers. We got a big loan to ease the debt and ended up in a decent way financially.

Yes, THE Wayne Rooney! He's lost his pace as you'd expect, but he's still a decent player.

Part-Timer

Probably the best goal I've seen so far. The goalie is so fkn clueless

Rooney is a youth coach for Chelsea in my game It is 2023 though

Part-Timer

Just beat Man City 3-2 in our third game of the season after beating Everton 6-2 and Sunderland 4-0, incredible start. My new signings have been brilliant.

Part-Timer

6-2 Everton? thats a nice result. Youre killing it now :P

My computer just BSOD and reset teh BIOS settings
    wierddddddddddddd man wierdddddddddddd

Amateur

Note to self: Onyekachi Apam is utter CRAP! Sell immediately!

He was doing so **** against Middlesbrough that I took him off 30 minutes into the game.

Part-Timer

2 Games left in the season, But deadfncat has lead Croydon Athletic to Promotion to the Championship. Croydon Athletic previously visited the Championship in 2021/2022 but were largely disapointing due to financing issues and transfer restrictions

Third Team

I think it's safe to say that I'm happy with how we started the season.

Part-Timer

Just beat West Ham 5-0! Rooney and my Dutch wonderkid Drost are machines up front. We are playing unbelievable football at times.

Part-Timer

Croydon Athletic - nPower League 1 - 2022/23

At 8-1 to win the title, the bookies thought we had a shot to go back up.

Ok so last season I wasnt a very happy chappy and had a terrible season. I think my character got involved with a tough crowd and got into drugs etc. but coming into this season I was clean and ready for some football.
    Only player I brought into the team with my money made from the Championship stint was Saad Nassar fron Qatar. Strong Striker with lots of potential. Started the season strong and never really quit. I played mainly backups for the cups as I didnt really care if I won and just wanted to keep momentum in the league. had a slight drop in ranking around Christmas(too much eating/drinking by the team) but we had a huge run to the end. 21 game unbeaten streak at the end there Ended up winning promotion with 2 games to go and sent the old Stadium out with a bang at the end of the season.

League Table

League Positions

FA Cup - Terrible. The one cup I wanted to do well in and beaten by Bath in the first round. Oh well

League Cup - Great start with a win over Portsmouth then a super close match with Hudderfield which went to penalties and we scraped by. Then as our luck goes, we drew Spurs away. They got 2 up on us early and I thought we were boned, but in the second half we pulled back to be even at 90. After a close ET with lots of chances going astray, it went to penalties. 5-5 and Danny Duncan stepped up and shot it so far wide it went backwards! They then netted one and walked away winners :| I was gutted but in the end didnt mind as it was a good match that came out of nothing

Johnstone's Paint Tropy - I played these games 100% with under 18's so I thought I did well to get to round 2

Squad - I need a good Goalkeeper project and some defence and attacking mid backups.

Transfers - Picking up Nasser was a great move and dumping Steele gave us a healthy cash injection. We had backups so it didnt hurt us too much and we get 35% of his next sale Had 3 players retire at the end of this season, but I they were rubbish 1-2 stars anyway

Key Player Profiles

Jamel Bahri - Has learned English and is developing into a fantastic keeper. Will be interesting to see how he does in the Championship.

Mattia Bertelli - He rode the bench most of last season and wasnt happy about it. Came on for the last 5 games and score 8 goals. I'm guessing he will be playing next season.

Danny Duncan (C) - Scored some crackers again and leads my defence well

Mircea Bacila (VC)- Nothing much to say. Better every season.

Player of the Season Saad Nasser - I grabbed him as a third striker as I thought Bertelli wasn't right for my team. Once Steele was sold in Jan, he stepped up and played fantastic, scoring goals by the bucketload

Career Overview

Code:
    Season    Team                          Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      14th                    nil 
    2012/13    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      13th              FA Trophy Win
    2013/14    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South       1st              Promotion to BSP
    2014/15    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet Premier     2nd              Promotion to League 2
    2015/16    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             9th               JP Trophy Winner
    2016/17    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             3rd               JP Trophy Winner/Promotion to League 1
    2017/18    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             6th                 Playoff Semi Final Loss
    2018/19    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             13th                  nil
    2019/20    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             10th                  nil
    2020/21    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             3rd                  Playoff Promotion
    2021/22    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower Championship       23rd                  Relagation
    2022/23    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1              1st                  Champions/Promotion

Finally got some Recognition for my hard work

Also, New stadium!!! wooo!!!

Next Season

Goals : Stay Up. Mid table finish would be nice.
    Earn cash and get training facilities up again
    See if I can get stadium expansion already
    Do well in Cups

Part-Timer

Haha just set up my friendlies for the new season with the new stadium. Allows me to play Man utd and newcastle twice. Why not? CASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    also, everton, man city, west ham and liverpool lol

Third Team

My striker has just broken the club record for most goals in a season, and we're only in October!

Amateur

What's the jury on my new goalkeeper/record signing, Paulo Roberto?
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 02-12-2010 at 19:54.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    Link's not working.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    Link's not working.
    ****ing Photobucket. Anyone got a decent alternative?

Third Team

Imageshack?

Amateur

Updated with Flickr, for now anyway.

Part-Timer

Updated with Flickr, for now anyway.
    He looks good. Mental stats aren't great, but not bad either, and he's still young. Good goalies seem hard to come by, so good job!

Amateur

How the hell do you outplay Arsenal, yet lose 4-1?

Part-Timer

Imagehost.org

Amateur
    A small hole outside Dublin called Blessington

Glenn Fitzpatrick - Ashton United, Season 2. (2012/13)

Blue Square North
    Media Prediction: 22nd
    Finished: 1st

A wonderful season all around. I made sure not to make sweeping changes to the side, the back four basically stayed the same with Lee McArdle leading a sturdy defence. In the middle, I made a couple of quality additions. In particular, Sam Sheridan on a freebie, he's an Irish youngster who didn't make it at Bolton. Up front I acquired Nadir Ciftci who chipped in with 14 league goals. The real gem for me though was Claude Gnapka who was available on a free transfer after leaving Luton Town. His sheer pace terrorized defences and he was immense for me.

We had a great run in the FA Cup including a 4-1 victory over Burton Albion at home in a replay. We made it to the 4th round where West Ham beat us 4-0. Still though, the gate receipts from that game secured our finances and hopefully there's a nice wage budget for me to utilize in the Blue Square Premier.

The league went down to the last day. Harrogate, Stafford and Tamworth all had a chance to steal it from us but we did a professional job and beat Hinckley 2-0 to claim our place among the elite in non-league football.

Amateur

Quick update;

I managed to get promoted to the Championship finsihing second place to Doncaster Rovers by 1 point. Pretty good after the disappoinment of missing out on the playoffs the season before. Apologies for the lack of a proper update, but I'm mid shift cycle and dont really have the time to play/post updates at the moment!! Don't ask I work ODD hours

Aim for next season: Survival in the championship as I've only been able to sign a centre half and a striker to bolster my squad...finances are tight, 5046 capacity stadium in the CCC!! Board wont have any of it when it comes to expansion/new stadium even though I'm maxing out nearly every game

Career Overview
    Code:

Code:
    Season          League          End Position          Achievements
    2011-12          BSN                 2nd              Promotion via playoffs
    2012-13          BSP                 7th
    2013-14          BSP                 1st              BSP Champions
    2014-15          L2                  2nd              Promoted
    2015-16          L1                  12th
    2016-17          L1                  2nd              Promoted
    Last edited by Jaffa; 03-12-2010 at 00:03.

Subs Bench

AFC HORNCHURCH SEASON REVIEW 2016/17 BSP

Media Prediction: 14th

Final Posistion: 1st http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/BlueSquareBetPremierInformation_Stages-1.png

League Graph http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/BlueSquareBetPremierInformation_PastPositions-1.png

Story of the season

3 season rule works again! After my rise up the table in the 2nd half of last season I targetted the play offs for this one, I brought in some new faces and let others go, but not a large overhaul of the squad, once again we won our first 3 games before a slide down the table until the squad gelled. After the poor form we once again rose and found ourselves in the top 3 where we spent most of the season pushing for the tittle, one of our best performances came as we played host to Crewe (who were joint 2nd with us just 1 point behind Cambridge) just after Christmas and we crusehed them 4-0, we onlyhit top spot theonce during the season and quickly lost it the next game, seems we are better at chasing teams then leading them,
    Going into the last few games wewere 2nd still just a point behind Cambridge when we really hit form, we beat relegation candiates Bury and Alfreton 5-1 and 4-0 to go top as Cambridge drew, leaving us 2 points clear with 2 to play, and who should weplay next? Cambridge at home! My players seemed to reliah the challenge and went on to play our best game of the season and destroy Cambridge 7-0 to secure the tittle and League football!

Star Player

Lewis Shaw came in on a free from Burton and fired us to champions! http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...Attributes.png

Cups

At last something to talk about

FA Trophy: Semi Final - a good run saw us beaten at the semi stage by Fleetwood 4-2 http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...xtures-2-1.png

FA Cup: 3rd round - got Stoke (9th in Prem at the time) at home where we we very unlucky to lose 1-0 and maybe should have got a replay http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...Fixtures-3.png

Amateur

Lacks flair

Part-Timer

Jaffa Dont worry, theyll announce it eventually :\

Amateur

Lacks flair
    Which is unusual for a Brazilian.

Part-Timer

Just had our First game at the new stadium. 1-4 loss to Coventry

Part-Timer

BAH! I am going to restart- I made some mistakes in the Weymouth save (namely not signing scouts before trial day) and then went to bed just after starting, so this morning I completely forgot what I was doing and kind of fudged my signings.

Part-Timer

Ok- I have restarted as FC United. Overdone, I know, but they're one of the few teams I know of at that level, and I was able to find 3D kits for them which is a plus. Wanted to play Croyden, but never got them to load up. I figure with a team I know and more time tonight to get the game started before bed, I should be able to get into the save and stick with it!

Amateur

Oh dear.

2 games remaining in League 2 and I need 3 points from them to secure promotion. Both games are against good teams and so I'm very nervous.

Then, guess what? 3 of my 4 best DCs get injured in training in ONE DAY! We've had it now

I really, really wanted to avoid the play-offs but now it's looking unlikely.

EDIT: I could give one of them injections, but this has never, ever paid off for me in previous FMs. It says "Will get through the next game against Oxford but could then be out for around 5 weeks". When they say "could", do they mean definitely?

EDIT: I didn't use the injections, but used a youngster instead. We drew away to Oxford. We now need ONE POINT at home to Accrington in our final game. Sorry to come over like a 11-year old girl, but OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!
    Last edited by wriches; 03-12-2010 at 04:15.

Part-Timer

wriches Like omg lets go read Twilight together!
    injections can sometimes work but can also be REALLY bad. I had a guy do his hammy in a playoff semi and wanted him for the final. He played ok but was out for 6 months afterwards!!!

Amateur

wriches Like omg lets go read Twilight together!
    injections can sometimes work but can also be REALLY bad. I had a guy do his hammy in a playoff semi and wanted him for the final. He played ok but was out for 6 months afterwards!!!
    Haha! I didn't go for the injection and the young lad that came in played very well, and we smashed Accrington 3-0 in the final game to clinch promotion! Delighted with that

Quick tip for people: don't overuse the same team talks over and over again, as they stop working. If you use "For the fans!" over and over, your players will just get nervous every time you use it.

I saved up "For the fans!" throughout the season, then used in the final game when we really needed it - 6 or 7 of the starting XI kicked the game off on either "Looking motivated" or "Looking fired up". If one of your players has a happiness of something like "Hopes he doesn't let his team down in the promotion race", then don't tell him "For the fans!", but tell him you have faith instead. Worked a treat for me, we played a great match.

Part-Timer

Yeh you always have to check the pre game feedback and then their motivation at half time. I usually encourage when winning and ask for more when losing.

Also, congrats on promotion Coming to the Championship now?

Amateur

deadfncat: cheers

I also keep the Player Motivation match info box open on the 3D view... really interesting to see. If someone has "Looking complacent" or "In danger of losing discipline" when on a yellow, I take them straight off.

You got promoted again?! Oh yeah, man I missed your last season review, slow down already! Damn, you always seem to be a division ahead.

I started before you as well... even pre-season friendlies I take aaaages over. It's either because I'm a tactical mastermind or just a bit dumb and slow

Amateur

So.... I'm finally getting a chance to play again!

Amusing news of the night: I just got a news item that England have sacked their manager for failing to even QUALIFY for World Cup 2014.... With Roy Hodgson in charge this shouldn't have been surprising. However upon further review, I was even more shocked to see that they failed to qualify out of what should have been an easy group.

Amateur

From promotion elation to transfer devastation in a matter of minutes...

Despite winning 3 consecutive promotions, Sanchez Watt wants to play at a bigger club. He ripped League 2 to shreds last season and would probably have done the same in League 1. Devastating.

I didn't think to grab the screenshot of the conversation we had and for some reason it doesn't come up in the private chat history.... which is a shame as his replies were ridiculous. This shows how quickly he changed his tune though!

Need some advice please. I accepted his transfer request, but how much should I try and get for him? For some reason his value is just 30k, which seems strangely low to me. What should I set his asking price to and should I keep his status as "Indispensable to the club"? I understand that "Not needed" will increase the interest in him, but will it also result in lower offers as they think I'm desperate?

Cheers

Amateur

Quavis: Heh, I blame the BBC.

Part-Timer

Goalkeepers can be idiots

wriches just sell that idiot. I hate when players get whiney like that. I always tell them we are going to be sucessful and I want them to be a part of it, but if they dont like it I show them the door. I didnt follow my advice with one of my current players mainly because he is awesome on the wing, but I might have to get rid of him. I think he is taking the other players down :|

Quavis Did Australia qualify? There has been a few WCs since I started and we never get past the first round Just won the Asian cup though and ranked 21st. Things might be on the up and up!
    Last edited by deadfncat; 03-12-2010 at 06:34.

Part-Timer

Well, I'm five games into my FC Utd save and things have started off slowly.

I have made a few signings- some central midfielders (one on loan), a winger, two or three strikers, two RBs, and two CBs. My team is over wage budget, but I may sell off one or two of my new signings for profit in January if possible.

My first match was an 0-2 loss at Hinckley, and my team played terribly so I tweaked my 4-4-2 a bit, and then drew 2-2 away at Barrow. Those matches were followed by 0-1 and 0-2 losses at home to Droylsden and Telford, respectively. While these results were frustrating, the team looked as though they were playing better than the first match, and I'm sure they need to gel. My last match, though was a 3-1 away win against Boston Utd, largely helped by a red card to a Boston player. Hopefully this acts as a morale booster my team needs to win a bit more, and, if they don't, I'll play with my tactics a bit more.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this more than my original Weymouth try so far, but it's bed time (work tomorrow morning), so I'm gonna head off and return to my save tomorrow evening. I'm also too damn tired to post screens right now, maybe I'll do it after the season ends.

Also, not sure if this is allowed, but can anybody direct me to some good P/T training schedules?
    Last edited by ArranoBeltza; 03-12-2010 at 06:34.

Amateur

From promotion elation to transfer devastation in a matter of minutes...

Despite winning 3 consecutive promotions, Sanchez Watt wants to play at a bigger club. He ripped League 2 to shreds last season and would probably have done the same in League 1. Devastating.

I didn't think to grab the screenshot of the conversation we had and for some reason it doesn't come up in the private chat history.... which is a shame as his replies were ridiculous. This shows how quickly he changed his tune though!

Need some advice please. I accepted his transfer request, but how much should I try and get for him? For some reason his value is just 30k, which seems strangely low to me. What should I set his asking price to and should I keep his status as "Indispensable to the club"? I understand that "Not needed" will increase the interest in him, but will it also result in lower offers as they think I'm desperate?

Cheers
    With only just over 1 year left on his contract you need to move him ASAP as his value will start to plummet as soon as that 1 year mark gets hit. Other than his high pace I don't see too much special with him (Other than he was good with you :P )

Does he currently have any interest at from anyone? Definitely set his status to "Not needed at this point as you need to move him quickly, and hes already unhappy anyways. I'd probably set his value at 150-200k for a week or so and see if anyone even becomes interested. If not, lower it slightly until someone does become interested. Always start high, my 30k striker striker still went for 250, so you never know :P His wage demands may be a big problem though. I cant see him going to that much of a higher club, and 800p/w is going to be hard to get from the usual suspects (TNS, llanelli, ect) so it may be hard to move him.

Amateur

Quavis: Cheers for the advice. There was actually one Premier League club and a couple of Championship clubs interested in him until I issued a hands off warning (just before he went crazy). I think he has quite high potential as he has 14 Determination and his physicals are still steadily improving, and that's with our crappy coaching too. And most of his "low" attributes are 8s or 9s, so I think with good coaching he could definitely be a Premiership player, just about. Cool, I'll set to "not needed" and start at 300k.

deadfncat: Wow, that keeper is crazy! So far in my 3 seasons I don't think we've had a single crazy keeper blunder actually. Does he have high Eccentricity or something?

Amateur

Wriches: If a Prem club is interested I'd start it at 500k min You can always lower it if the interest doesn't rekindle. Might even be worth offering him to clubs at 1m. You probably won't get takers (or get takers at a lower offer), but it might force the interest early. Just remember to always add the +50% as it will make any clubs who offer at least give you a sell on!

Amateur

minor update: My team can defend. My team can score. My team can not seem to do both at once and its incredibly frustrating.

edit: Despite getting super easy draws in the first two qualifing rounds of the FA cup, we have still managed to botch both initial games and have had to play replays. Yeah for unnecessary fixture congestion later on!
    Last edited by Quavis; 03-12-2010 at 07:23.

Part-Timer

Heh myt team can score but cant defend for crap in the Championship. Somehow the board gave me a wage budget increase of a bit so I could sign one more player. The promotion/relagation/promotion have given heaps of my players infalted salaries and egos
    Might have to do some slashing in the offseason :|

wriches Not sure, I scored the goal :P He isnt my keeper. He is from Wigan. He did let 4 goals in that day though

I think im going to be lucky to stay in the Championship this season. Sitting in 20th now, just cant get consistancy going.

Part-Timer

Just had 5 disallowed goals. Lost 1-0
    wtf

Part-Timer

Wow just watched a cracker of a game. Brisbane Roar 3 - Melbourne Victory 3
    Go the Roar!!
    That game has shown that the A-League is really coming along and for Austrlia to go out in the first round is rubbish. Our video was fkn crap though

Amateur

North Ferriby 2011-2012 Pre-season Report

Tranfers

Friendlies

North Ferriby 2-2 North Ferriby Res

North Ferriby 2-5 Crawley

North Ferriby 0-2 Hull City

North Ferriby 0-5 Leyton Orient

Hyde 1-0 North Ferriby

Pre-season Comments

It was not the best of times in the pre season friendlies but i make quite a few signings all on free transfers. I try to cut all all of the dead wood but wont sell so after their contracts run out i will proberly release them as i cannot afford their compensation for releasing them now.

I also got myself some backroom staff not the best but they will do including scouts ass man and first team coach.

For this season

I think my target has to be to rebuild the team and finish anywhere but Relegation so in a few seasons time i can be fighting for promotion to the Blue Square Premier. The Board has said to fight bravely against Relegation and the media prediction was 22nd however promotion odds are 15-2 which is the joint 5th fav for promotion for some reason i dont understand.

Part-Timer
    Last edited by deadfncat; 03-12-2010 at 12:36.

Part-Timer

I thought my team were high scoring, Man city have got 50 goals in 13 games!

Part-Timer

50 in 13? thats insane! Who are they playing? an 11 year old girls handicapped team?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast